PDA

View Full Version : What is with R2-D2's light being orange?

Jedi_Rainman
04-05-2002, 01:34 AM
He never had an orange eye!?! They should have made it a blue LED just like the one in the PS2! AAhhhh pretty light...

JEDIpartner
04-05-2002, 09:22 AM
I think it might be a red LED, though... or do you actually HAVE one in hand to verify that it IS orange?

pthfnder89
04-05-2002, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Jedi_Rainman
He never had an orange eye!?! They should have made it a blue LED just like the one in the PS2! AAhhhh pretty light...

I would assume that the LED is actually red also, but anyways...

A blue light wouldn't stick out nearly as well against the blue of his dome and body. A red LED can be more easily seen and that means that it can be more easily distinguished by kids.

I think a blue LED would have looked really cool too, but it doesn't make as much sense buisness wise.

JEDIpartner
04-05-2002, 11:43 AM
Red was the cheapest colour to produce. I STILL wish it were in the "processor" light area and not the "Radar Eye" area... :(

Jedi_Rainman
04-05-2002, 01:20 PM
I have the R2-D2 figure from AOTC. Its definitely orange.

Lord Tenebrous
04-05-2002, 01:48 PM
The answer to the orange light is on the card. R2-D2 sounds an alarm. Alarm/warning is usually indicated by red, yellow, or orange.

Lucas said that R2 was blue because blue is the color good, so his light couldn't be red. Yellow wouldn't look too good, so the light is orange.

Jedi_Rainman
04-13-2002, 05:26 AM
I want one with a blur light just like the one on the PS2, so I might buy another one and just modify it!

Jargo
04-13-2002, 10:41 AM
What are the sound effects like? Are they as pitiful as the POTF FX version? Okay they weren't pitiful but they sound a little strange unless you muffle the sound a little. The sounds from the commtech reader were better if you placed the reader on a soft cushion to take the tinniness out so i'm assuming that the R2 sounds are really high pitched and will make my dog bark if i set them off.

SuperBattleDroid88
04-13-2002, 10:45 AM
lol

Jedi_Rainman
04-13-2002, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
What are the sound effects like? Are they as pitiful as the POTF FX version? Okay they weren't pitiful but they sound a little strange unless you muffle the sound a little. The sounds from the commtech reader were better if you placed the reader on a soft cushion to take the tinniness out so i'm assuming that the R2 sounds are really high pitched and will make my dog bark if i set them off.

Actually yeah...I just went and tried it since you mentioned it and yes the dog did go off then just had this look on her face and started turning her head back and forth.