PDA

View Full Version : VA/DC/MD Finds

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

aceguide
04-01-2005, 11:09 AM
The Target status over the last few weeks has been quite interesting. I find it hard to believe that they were sold out of OTC and preview wave figs.

We'll see tomorrow if they finally get it together.

Is Target supposed to have a special ROTS set-up or is it going to be a war in the toy isle?

Fixer
04-01-2005, 12:46 PM
Have fun tonight folks, happy bounty hunting. Enjoy the final craziness between now and May 19!

mm74md
04-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Have fun tonight folks, happy bounty hunting. Enjoy the final craziness between now and May 19!

Holy cow. I haven't seen Fixer post anything in a long time. Welcome back!

Kidhuman
04-01-2005, 05:23 PM
Radford WM had the tent set up with tons of pallets init. Thye cleared ALL SW merch fromnthe store including food promos. The only toys left were preview figs and lightsabers. It all starts at 8am tomorrow morning. Good luck to all tonight. May the FOrce be with you...

Major Karr
04-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Saw the Target cups today - Obi, Grievous and a very nice looking Clonetrooper. Skipping MM and doing the other MM (Morning Madness) since no WM nearby is doing a tent event.

mtriv73
04-02-2005, 01:12 AM
I picked up the holo yoda and 21 other figs, 2 deluxe figs, and the barc speeder at TRU in Frederick tonight. I can't even begin to imagine the amount of money they pulled in tonight. A friend of mine spent over $350. I was lucky to get away for $169. The figs are $5.29 until next week. Oddly enough, they didn't have a huge range of assortments. It looks like they got a couple palettes of wave 1 and wave 2. No sign of the wave 3 and 4 figures. Oh well maybe tomorrow at Target or WM.

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 01:18 AM
I just ordered holo yoda on amazon.com.

sparkytheclown
04-02-2005, 02:33 AM
I went to the tru in annapolis for mm they had figures 1-28, they also only had only 12 holo yodas (you had to ask for them) anyone find any higher, i went to the tru in glenburnie about 1am not much left and this old guy wouldnt let anyone go thru the 20 or so boxes they had next to the display

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 02:37 AM
Some people found 1-32, with both red and blue guards. Thatwas elsewhere not in the threads area though.

sparkytheclown
04-02-2005, 02:53 AM
i saw 50 blue but no red guards

sparkytheclown
04-02-2005, 09:02 AM
i went to both glen burnie wal-marts neither had the early bird certificate, the glen burnie k-mart didnt even put anything out :crazed: i got the lava vader and the cups and found #30 and #31 at target, and still no red guards

mtriv73
04-02-2005, 09:21 AM
I've found 1-32 in Frederick. I also picked up both guard variations and the lavav vader this morning. The clone trooper cup looks like a must have, but target sold out in 3 seconds. I also haven't picked up an ARC 170 yet. They disappear immediately.

Slicker
04-02-2005, 09:47 AM
Well, I just got done with my MMing, having gone to TRU at midnight, then shooting over to WM then waking up at 7 this morning to go to Target then WM again for the exclusive, and am quite pleased with what I got. I found figures 1-32, the deluxe figures, the Target Micros, the WM exclusive x 2, the Target exclusive x 2, and I bought the TRU exclusive online.

I'm gonna wait until next month for the figures above 32 (if they're out), the vehicles, the Unleashed, and the 12" along with anything else that strikes my fancy.

Hope everyone had fun and found everything that they wanted.

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 10:25 AM
I didnt do the MM thing, but I went to Target and grabbed lava vader along with a blue and a red guard. They only had twored guards there. Headed over to Radofrd WM and scored about 20 figs there. I left some of the foreseeable pegwarmers and grabbed the rest. ALso grabbed Tater, 2 puzzels and the Vader Lego Table. Glad everyone got some great scores.

Kidhuman
04-02-2005, 10:38 AM
Nice finds SLicker... here is my tale..

I didnt do the MM thing, but I went to Target and grabbed lava vader along with a blue and a red guard. They only had two red guards there. Headed over to Radofrd WM and scored about 20 figs there. I left some of the foreseeable pegwarmers and grabbed the rest. ALso grabbed Tater, 2 puzzles and the Vader Lego Table.

mm74md
04-02-2005, 03:11 PM
I went to Hagerstown TRU for MM and had a good time. I went to Wal Mart about 12:30 and it was a mess. People were being nuts! I spotted figures 33-40 in some carts. Mostly all in a few jerks carts. They were there. This made me really anxious to pick these up. So I drove all the way down to Martinsburg, WV WM. There was nobody there (yee-haw) and I was excited! However, they didn't open all the cases! I saw Collection 2 Wave 2 & 3 so I opened them. They dept manager started flipping out! I was able to get the AT-TE Drive & Medical Droid before she took the cases away from me. Gotta love Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia!

blank
04-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Anyone looking for the red guard I suggest checking KB a friend of mine said the the one in white marsh had a ton of red ones.

sparkytheclown
04-02-2005, 04:30 PM
i found 29-32 at the kbtoys at marley station mall

jonthejedi
04-02-2005, 06:37 PM
Great scores everyone...especially MM74 who managed to obtain some over #32. I got #1-32 also(last 4 were toughies, found some at Glen Burnie Target on Rte. 3 after I nabbed my exclusive. That same Target was the only place I saw ARC-170 vehicles. Had my hands on the first 2 battle arenas at Glen Burnie..put them back...never saw them again anywhere else. The Annapolis Toys R Us was the only location I saw the AT-RT vehicle w/driver. Never saw red guard anywhere. Happy hunting...and now...precious sleep!

jonthejedi
04-02-2005, 07:12 PM
Hey guys...just some F.Y.I. As of 7 PM tonight(Sat.) the Early Bird certif. special was online at WalMart.com for 29.88. It wasn't on there this morning???They had some higher number figures shown this am, but were gone now...probably sold out! The early bird certificate is under SW Ep. III toy section. Good luck if interested!

Major Karr
04-03-2005, 12:03 PM
Hope everyone had a successful weekend. I was able to find a Red guard yesterday, and found #33 - 36 early this am at the Target at Springfield. Only saw one of each out though. None of the three other Targets I checked had anything past #32.
KM was a joke both yesterday and today. Yesterday a very obnoxious manager at the Annandale KM very strongly informed another collector and I we were very mistaken, "The Star Wars toys are not onsale until April 3!" I told it was no wonder her company is in financial trouble with misinformation and attitudes like hers. Hated to be rude, but her demeanor towards us was even worse. Today the Springfield KM had maybe two cases out on an endcap with a low, low price of $6.99 plastered on the front.

Now for the questions:
Did anyone find the WM Early Bird anywhere other than Hagerstown?
I bought both the Boga/Obi and BARC and saw the AT, but are the figures are stuck in that "uncomfortable" pose? If so, back they go.

jobare1
04-03-2005, 02:33 PM
Congrats to everyone, esp. mm74md & Major Karr on finding figs above #32.

MM wasn't too bad this year. I started off by going up to Potomac Mills WalMart around 11:40pm and was about 15th in line. Since I figured that 1-32 would be only ones out, I only needed to grab 10 figs since I lucked out & already had 22. Well, the clock stuck midnight and everyone was allowed down the figure aisle. What a mess. A narrow aisle & 4-5 shopping carts along with 20-30 people just don't work. Everyone was civil and polite, but it was just too crowded.
After grabbing the 10 figs I needed I went out to the TRU in Manassas in the hopes of grabbing a Holo Yoda. RIGHT. The toy manager said that they only got in 24 and that they were gone within a minute. Decided to head back home for some much needed sleep. The employees there were pretty cool in allowing people to go through the 20 or so cases of figs that they had on a pallet.
Woke up early and headed for the W-M in Dumfries. Opened at 7 and there was about half a dozen collectors there, but everyone was nice & courteous. No fighting over figs. Plenty of room too since their SW display was on an end section, right next to the main aisle. Wish Pot. Mills set-up was like this. Didn't find anything over #32, but they did have several red guards.
Went to Target near Pot.Mills and scored the Lava Vader. Nice figure, but jeez............$12.99. Had some time to kill before TRU opened so I went to Dale City KMart to see what they had. Same as everyone else.....nothing above #32, but the figs are $6.99. They had several of the red guards.
Went to TRU around 9:40 and found about 6 people waiting outside already so I decided to get in line. Good thing I did, within the next 10 minutes the line was over 25 people long. The manager came out & said that the store only recv'd 12 Holo Yodas and to get them from the cust. service desk. Luckily I grabbed one. That was the only fig I needed to complete my "list". Didn't see a single red guard there.
From there it was on to the last stop of the day, Borders. Grabbed the novel and then off to home and some much needed sleep.
Hope everyone had a great evening/night/morning. Anyone notice the 2 different Deluxe "Anakin to Vader"s? Sorry for the long post, but finding new figs kinda makes me feel like that little kid again, back in '78, finding a new R2 or Luke.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Did anyone find the WM Early Bird anywhere other than Hagerstown?

The Wal-Mart at Fairlakes had a good number of them as of 3PM yesterday.

jonthejedi
04-04-2005, 05:58 AM
Did the drive to Bowie, Laurel, Columbia, Ellicott City & back to Glen Burnie...no figs. over #32(all had plenty of those!) Haven't seen red sentry yet. A coupla employees told me Hasbro doesn't want #33 & above put out yet. Found two battle arenas in good shape. Also noticed a 12" Palpy with the hood up! Whats the difference with the two deluxe Anakin/Vader transfo.??? Someone told me they didn't get all the access. or something?

Fixer
04-04-2005, 08:49 AM
I bought both the Boga/Obi and BARC and saw the AT, but are the figures are stuck in that "uncomfortable" pose? If so, back they go.

Don't know about the AT, but the Obi with Boga is, as you say, "stuck in that 'uncomforatble' pose." However, I got it for Boga: reminds me of my beloved dewback of old. Plus, if you ever need an Obi with constipation action, well...

mm74md
04-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Anybody that bought any figures at Target on Saturday with the coupon should take their receipt & get this weeks sale price adjusted. I ended up getting $15 back and was able to get 3 more figs!

Kidhuman
04-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Okay, I just found 33-39, no Mas Ameeda at Radofrd WM. CBurg WM had 1-32.

mtriv73
04-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Okay, I just found 33-39, no Mas Ameeda at Radofrd WM. CBurg WM had 1-32.

Frederick is still flooded with 1-32. I'm not sure we'll see anything new for a few weeks till this gets sold down. Amazon.com had the arc 170 and the evolution packs last night (the last ones for pre-order.) I think I'll wait and try to find them in the stores though.

jonthejedi
04-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Scored a red sentry guard at Laurel WalMart(only 1 they had). Still haven't seen any basic figs. over#32.

seanmcfripp
04-04-2005, 05:55 PM
Sorry I didn't post this earlier, but I found 3 red gaurds at Boscovs on 40 in Frederick on Saturday morning. I nabbed two, so I would imagine the other is still there.

Oh, and if anyone was wondering...Kohl's doesn't have any SW figs this time around for some reason. Too bad, as I found some great stuff during the AOTC era.

Good luck hunting!

Slicker
04-04-2005, 08:39 PM
Went to Target on First Colonial and they didn't have anything that I needed although they the basic figures on sale for $5. Saw plenty of the blue and purple cards of the same figure. I don't care to collect those but some may.

Major Karr
04-04-2005, 09:51 PM
Found the next wave of ROTS GH at the WM in Clinton MD tonight - Kit/Mace, Chewie/Clone, and SBD/R2.

jonthejedi
04-05-2005, 05:10 AM
Sparky, PM me with a way to contact you online. I may have a red guard for you stashed if it's still there!

sparkytheclown
04-05-2005, 10:15 AM
thanks jon, but i found one at kbtoys, seen anything higher than 32?

aceguide
04-05-2005, 03:53 PM
While it was fantastic to see a lot of new product on the shelves overall my 4/2 hunt was a let down.

As posted elsewhere the 8 year-old had saved $25 with specific wants - especially the Clone Commander.

Three stops later I can say that there are going to be some SERIOUS peg warming issues and that we still do not own a Clone Commander.

Highlights of the purchases include:

Darth Tater (for the 8 week old)
Clone Trooper Blaster
Tarfuls
Grievous 4 Arm Attack
Bodyguard

No vehicles or Legos just yet. Plenty of time to find them.

Did not score Lava Vader and decided against the WM exclusive. Probably will regret it eventually...

aceguide
04-05-2005, 04:17 PM
I should have added...

While I have no plans to get into Attacktix I did get three complimentary ones at the WM tent.

jonthejedi
04-05-2005, 04:47 PM
Glad to hear you nabbed it! No, nothing over #32. Haven't run into anyone who has, either. I bumped into a nice collector at Glen Burnie Toys R Us...he actually hadn't found the basic clonetrooper. I told him Columbia WalMart has like 25 of the suckers. Please keep me in mind if you do find them and there are extras. I will do the same for you. Good luck!

Slicker
04-05-2005, 06:49 PM
Lynnhaven WM - Had both versions of the Deluxe Vader. Several with the Vader goods package on the side and several with them where ever else they're packaged

Lynnhaven TRU - Had the Mace/Sidious and Ani/Dooku Battle Arenas.

A.J.
04-05-2005, 10:27 PM
Found 33 - 36 at Ellicott City Target this morning. Blue sabred Palpatine 35...
Only saw one of each, but I didn't have time to pour over all the figs.

mm74md
04-06-2005, 09:15 AM
Found 33 - 36 at Ellicott City Target this morning. Blue sabred Palpatine 35...
Only saw one of each, but I didn't have time to pour over all the figs.

Sweeet! $5 a piece! Congrats!

Hagerstown Target is getting prety slim. The $5 sale seems to be working like a charm. There are no cases in the back. Hopefully they'll be getting these cases in soon!

Kidhuman
04-06-2005, 09:54 AM
Well, I have found nothing new. I did go to WM and have them priuce match my lay-a-way to Targets sale, saved 9 bucks. Also while atTarget this morning I grabbed one of the DV Gift Cards. SInce the are not for sale, I just left with it. It is not stealing because it cant be used and has no value to it.

hestep99
04-06-2005, 12:29 PM
I asked my local target and they said there was a 5 dollar minimum. But what you could do would be put the 5 on it then go buy a figure with it and see if they'll let you keep the card. I never tried this but it may work.

Kidhuman
04-06-2005, 12:37 PM
It will work. Its your card.

aceguide
04-07-2005, 09:20 AM
Questions:

How do the Battle Arenas look? They were high on my list, but have yet to put my eyes on one...

Has anyone seen the AT RT in this area?

Has anyone scored anything ocer #32 in this area?

Kidhuman
04-07-2005, 10:27 AM
I scored 33-39 but in SW Va. SO they are in VA. Others have found them in Norhtern Va as well.

mtriv73
04-07-2005, 02:06 PM
There are tons of ARC-170 fighters at Frederick TRU. They still haven't gotten waves 3-4 though.

hestep99
04-07-2005, 05:13 PM
No sign of anything in the greater richmond area. Hopefully things will pick up after target and TRU goes back to regular prices.

Kidhuman
04-07-2005, 06:12 PM
Found a blue Guard at C-Burh WM today. Didnt get it. AS I was walking out they had one of the 48 hour force displays on a garbage pallet so I grabbed it.

Slicker
04-07-2005, 07:10 PM
I actually wanted to buy the Battle Arena's but the one's at TRU were kinda beat up. The window box looks great and the "Try Me" feature is really cool. The figures move smoothly on the bases and they move in about every direction. If you see 'em I'd buy it. For $20 they're a good buy.

I've yet to see the AT-RT or any figures over #32 but I'm not worried. They'll be here eventually.

EDIT: Figures are on sale at WM for $4.94.

Kidhuman
04-07-2005, 09:34 PM
Only select WM's, if Target is near them they will be on sale to beat there sale price.

mtriv73
04-08-2005, 01:54 PM
Target in Frederick had the Exploding Grievous and Red Palpatine this afternoon. I can only assume that they had the new clones earlier.

mm74md
04-08-2005, 02:05 PM
Target in Frederick had the Exploding Grievous and Red Palpatine this afternoon. I can only assume that they had the new clones earlier.

Did you pick them up? Usually this means they will show up at my Target this weekend.

jonthejedi
04-08-2005, 02:38 PM
My wife scored the mother(no pun) lode at North Glen Burnie WalMart, and picked up #33-40 for me. She said she had to dig to find them, and didn't see extras anywhere. They placed some on an endcap also, she mentioned.

mtriv73
04-08-2005, 05:13 PM
Did you pick them up? Usually this means they will show up at my Target this weekend.

Actually, this was second hand info. My friend Dave got me a Palpatine, but they only had one Grievous and he got it. I just thought I'd post so people could check their local Targets. I met Sean McFripp saturday morning at Target and he said they usually stock Friday mornings. (That's a little too early for me to get over there.) Good luck this weekend though.

hestep99
04-09-2005, 12:00 AM
It will work. Its your card.

Scored 2 cards today KH, worked like a charm. Great collectable!!!

seanmcfripp
04-09-2005, 09:19 AM

Your insight serves you well...for I nabbed two Clone Pilots earlier that day. I actually meant to post this yesterday, but I was pretty busy when I got back to work. Someone must have horded the Clone Commanders though, cuz they were nowhere to be found. Odd that someone would have left the pilots. I'm not complaining. After work, I went and picked up the ARC fighter over at TRU on 40 (of which they still have oodles).

Actually, this was second hand info. My friend Dave got me a Palpatine, but they only had one Grievous and he got it. I just thought I'd post so people could check their local Targets. I met Sean McFripp saturday morning at Target and he said they usually stock Friday mornings.

Dave must have come right after me, because I left two Palps and a Grievous behind. Grievous has that awful white finish that the Wheelbike pack-in has, so I that's why I passed. Palps just didn't do it for me for some reason.

As far as the restocking thing goes, I've been hitting Target every day, and there's been evidence of restocking pretty much every time. As far as I can tell though, they're getting their stuff in from the trucks late Sunday nights, and then it's supposed to hit the floor by Tues morning. Fridays still seem to be my lucky day though.

Any Frederick area folks find SW stuff at any odd places, like CVS or Rite Aid? In past years, I've found that drug and grocery stores usually stock up on SW figs when the movie is actually released. It's not a bad idea to start checking, because they always seem to get the odd cases with harder to find stuff. CVS and Superfresh were very good to me back in the late POTF and Phantom Menace days.

hestep99
04-09-2005, 11:32 AM
scored #33-40 yesterday in richmond minus #37 vader's medical droid 33-36 @ WM and 38-40 @ Target. The Clone Commander is sweet. Also seen many ARC 170's today but passed on it. Still trying to decide whether I want to buy it or not.

seanmcfripp
04-09-2005, 03:41 PM
Also seen many ARC 170's today but passed on it. Still trying to decide whether I want to buy it or not.

Get off the fence...it's worthy of your $30. I'm not usually a big fan of Hasbro vehicles, as I tend to think Legos more adequately cover that area, but this one is definately worth picking up. Your #34 pilot (or pilots) need a home.

mm74md
04-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Anyone who comes across an extra Clone Pilot (or 3) please PM me. I'm good for the $$$. I didn't get to hunt today since I broke down & got my kids a friggin' dog

mm74md
04-09-2005, 05:22 PM
On another note, you can get the soundtrack from alt.binaries.starwars I do plan to purchase it, however I'm a very impatient person. Someone also authored a pretty nice Clone Wars II DVD that is about 4 GB. I've downloaded it & it looks good. I'm going to burn it tonight. Anyone who wants one PM. No charge, JUST LOOK FOR MY CLONE PILOTS!

Slicker
04-09-2005, 08:25 PM
Lynnhaven TRU - Not much of anything figure wise. Only the basics and none of the ones over #32. When I was walking in I saw a man with his son and they had an ARC-170 in there vile clutches.:D At least it was a kid and not a collector.

I also went to the First Colonial Target to get the Vader gift card but had no luck getting one. All of the Vader pegs were empty. If anyone can get there hands on one or more of these I'd really like to get one. Thanks.:D

Kidhuman
04-09-2005, 08:32 PM
Will check for you on Monday. Target owes me a gift card

Slicker
04-09-2005, 08:35 PM
Awesome thanks for lookin' out once again KH.

Slicker
04-10-2005, 06:01 PM
Went to TRU and they had no Holo Yoda's. I went at about 5pm so I didn't expect them to. I also went to Target for a Frisbee and surprisingly I was able to find my Vader gift card. So KH if you haven't already pilfered one there's no need to now. Thanks for the offer though.:D

EDIT: If anyone was able to pick up 2 Yoda's if you could hook a brother up I'd greatly appreciate it. I thought that I had ordered one on TRU.com but apparently I didn't. I'd obviously pay all shipping charges and taxes. Thanks.:D

aceguide
04-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Slicker - Check out the TRU on N. Military Highway in Norfolk. I was there about 3:30 yesterday and scored mine. There were clearly 2 more cases of the little guy behind the service counter...

They had an ATRT which wen towards my $25 minimum. That was about all they had that is not sitting on pegs at other fine retailers around here...

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Nothing new to report down here. Target CBurg: 1-32, did grab a blue royal guard.

CBurg WM - Nothing new.

Radford WM - Same stuff 1-32. Did get an early bird kit and 3 clones, stuck on lay-a-way

seanmcfripp
04-11-2005, 07:06 PM
Kohl's in Frederick has three each of Grievous #36 and Palpatine #35 w/ RED saber. Everything else there is stuff we've already found. Some reports from other Kohl's stores indicate that 33-40 should have been there, so either some one hit before me, or this Kohl's just didn't get the same stuff in. I even had someone check the back, but no luck.

Frederick TRU, K-Mart, and Target as of about 5pm don't have anything new. I wish I could just find one more blue Senate Guard and a Clone Commander...then I feel like I'll be able to relax a bit until the SA Clonetrooper hits.

Kidhuman
04-11-2005, 07:09 PM
No Kohls in SW Va. CLosest is 90 minutes away. Way too far for a run.

hestep99
04-11-2005, 07:27 PM
Nothing at the broad target in richmond

jobare1
04-11-2005, 09:31 PM
Took a quick tour of the area:

Potomac Mills W-M: nothing above #32

Potomac Mills Target: same

Potomac Mills TRU: nothing above #32 but did have about 15 Holo Yodas out on the floor. Picked up an extra one.

Burke W-M: nothing above #32

Burke Target: same

Manassas (East) W-M: same

Patiently waiting for newer figs to be put out, but with most of the stores in my area with pegs that are overloaded with 1-32, it might be awhile.

mm74md
04-12-2005, 09:23 AM
Kohl's in Frederick has three each of Grievous #36 and Palpatine #35 w/ RED saber. Everything else there is stuff we've already found. Some reports from other Kohl's stores indicate that 33-40 should have been there, so either some one hit before me, or this Kohl's just didn't get the same stuff in. I even had someone check the back, but no luck.

Scored the mother load (as jon puts it) at Hagerbush Kohl's. Got me 1 everything except Mas Amedda & Polis Massan

I wish I could just find one more blue Senate Guard and a Clone Commander...then I feel like I'll be able to relax a bit until the SA Clonetrooper hits.

sean I've got your Clone Commander at cost ($6.99). PM me if you want it. I'll run to Kohls at lunch to get him. I think I can get you the blue guard as well.

jonthejedi
04-12-2005, 04:25 PM
mm...I'm telling you, my wife(and mother of our child) is still tickled pink(and still gloating) she found 8(count 'em) basic figures I needed...with 3 clone troopers in the mix. I'll give her her 5 minutes of fame on our boards..even though it was my hunch that led her to WalMart last Friday. Great finds by the way. I hope that clone commander becomes the new figure standard for Hasbro. Just F.Y.I., but I really was looking forward to those ROTS VS. Battle Arena sets. I only saw 2 at MM at Toys R Us...and never saw them at any other retailer, or restocked at Toys R Us, since. It turns out KayBee has them all, including the rare, elusive(or just not released wide, yet) Obi VS. magnaguard. I really think they're cool, and the closest thing to the old cinema scenes.

hestep99
04-12-2005, 04:29 PM
Does anyone know when target stores usually stock the shelves in our area? Or at least when they normally get trucks in?

mtriv73
04-14-2005, 10:03 AM
No knew figures to report, but I did get the Red light up spoon in a box of Sugar smacks (or whatever they call them now.) My wife laughed at me for trying to eat ice cream with it (it's not the sturdiest flatware in the world,) but it was worth the $2 I paid for the cereal.

Kidhuman
04-14-2005, 10:05 AM
I used it to eat mashed potatoes. It works good. Even holding the button down, to bad it wouldnt melt the ice cream.

Radford WM: nothing new, but they shrank down one of the SW aisles and moved the stuff to the other, so stuff is moving.

CBurg WM: Nada, same stuff.

CBurg Kmart: Nothing at all sans a vehicle and older stuff. SOld out of basic figs.

CB TArget: 1-32, nothing new.

mm74md
04-14-2005, 10:31 AM
My wife laughed at me for trying to eat ice cream with it

Dude, that is going to far! ;) Actually, they are really flimsy & cheap. But are still very cool!

Anybody see Sin City? I actually broke down & bought a Nancy ( :kiss: ) & Harrington figure at Suncoast the other day. I want to get a Marv as well. Yellow B-tard is just too evil to purchase. I can't wait to get an Invisible Woman figure. Jessica Alba is a naughty thing :evil:

mm74md
04-14-2005, 10:40 AM
Is anybody going to the D.C. premiere on 5/12? It's only $250/ticket. It's for a good cause - Children's Defense Fund. Plus, Princess Leia will be there :)

http://www.childrensdefense.org/events/starwars/default.aspx

mtriv73
04-14-2005, 01:49 PM
Is anybody going to the D.C. premiere on 5/12? It's only $250/ticket. It's for a good cause - Children's Defense Fund. Plus, Princess Leia will be there :)

http://www.childrensdefense.org/events/starwars/default.aspx

Might as well spring for the VIP ticket it's only another $250. Sadly, as worthy a charity as that is, I don't think I have $250-$500 budgeted for movie tickets so count me out.

mtriv73
04-14-2005, 01:51 PM
CBurg Kmart: Nothing at all sans a vehicle and older stuff. SOld out of basic figs.

You're kidding me! They sold out of basic figures when they're 2 bucks cheaper at Wal-Mart? I didn't think K-marts would sell a single figure after April 2nd.

seanmcfripp
04-14-2005, 06:08 PM
Anybody see Sin City?

My wife and I checked it out right before Midnite Madness. We both thought it was great. After Once Upon a Time in Mexico, I was a little worried Robert Rodriguez was going to drop the ball on this, but it turned out about as perfect as a film adaptation of the source material could. Jackie Boy "talking" to Dwight in the car was priceless. I know it's a long shot, but I'd love to see Rodriguez make The Dark Knight Returns in the same style. In fact, any "comic movie" would be interesting to see done in that style: just literally use the comic as a story board, and shoot the action accordingly. It really works...that's why Rodriguez pushed for Frank Miller to get billed as co-director.

And yes, Jessica Alba is a naughty thing, but not nearly as naughty as Nancy from the comic. From what I've read, a lotta the Sin City fanboys were upset about that. As if the movie didn't already have enough naughty bits showing. :rolleyes:

Nothing new to report otherwise. Still looking for a blue guard...in vain it seems.

Hey, does anyone know what this: :beard: is about? It looks like Evil Cartman (or Evil Spock).

Kidhuman
04-14-2005, 08:39 PM
You're kidding me! They sold out of basic figures when they're 2 bucks cheaper at Wal-Mart? I didn't think K-marts would sell a single figure after April 2nd.

They had a 2 for 11 sale last week, so that might have wiped em out. EIther that or they arent stocking. I was shocked too.

jobare1
04-14-2005, 09:42 PM
Sorry I couldn't post this sooner (internet has been down for the past 2 days), but I found #33-40 at the Kohls near Potomac Mills this past Tuesday. Palpatine had a red saber, as did the other 3 that they had. Don't know which one (red or blue saber) is gonna be the rare one.

Kidhuman
04-14-2005, 09:45 PM
Blue has the earlier date stamp on it

mtriv73
04-14-2005, 10:44 PM
Sorry I couldn't post this sooner (internet has been down for the past 2 days), but I found #33-40 at the Kohls near Potomac Mills this past Tuesday. Palpatine had a red saber, as did the other 3 that they had. Don't know which one (red or blue saber) is gonna be the rare one.

Well dag nab it, you being 2 days tardy in posting has just ruined my week!

Just kidding of course, good score though. They should be plentiful around here soon. (At least I hope they are, my arc-170 is looking kind of silly with only a droid in it.)

I think the blue saber Palpatine is supposed to be the rare one.

aceguide
04-15-2005, 09:23 AM
Slicker - did you get your holo yoda?

On a brief run yesterday the only news of note is that the pegs of Attacktix at my local Target were BARE. Also, the WM on Military has almost every ROTS item on some sort of sale.

While am patiently waiting for more product to hit I was wondering if anyone has seen the ARC 170?

hestep99
04-15-2005, 12:38 PM
I searched earlier on ebay for red and blue palpy. Both are coming in at about the same rate now.

mm74md
04-15-2005, 01:13 PM
Nothing new found, however I did want to post that the Hagerstown Target has done a permanant price drop on basic figs to match Wal Mart at $5.24 each.

hestep99
04-15-2005, 05:42 PM
Targets in richmond have also posted 5.24 for basics

8:00 am target VCC Nothing
8:15 am WM Brook Nothing
4:00 pm Kohls Broad Nothing
4:15 pm Wm Broad Nothing
4:30 pm Target Broad Nothing

What a depressing day but I know 4 pm a little late

Slicker
04-15-2005, 08:57 PM
No aceguide I was never able to get my Holo Yoda. I work crazy hours that have me getting home from work at 7 in the morning so either I stay up until they open or wake up early and neither of those agree with my sleep pattern. I may try this weekend but if I can't find one I'll wait a couple of months and check Ebay.

rcjedi
04-15-2005, 09:14 PM
Slicker

They have a few Holo Yodas hanging on the pegs at Military TRU, if they're gone, I have a friend that has an extra one. He got it for me, but I was able to score one when I bought the oversized chromey Vader PEZ dispenser yesterday at the same TRU.

RC

Slicker
04-15-2005, 09:24 PM
Thanks guys I'll have to go tomorrow and check it out. If I can't find one if you could possibly sell me your extra rcjedi I'd appreciate it.

Are they just selling them for $10 or do you have to buy $25 worth of stuff to get it?

hestep99
04-15-2005, 09:40 PM
8:45 Kmart Broad Nothing

shesh

seanmcfripp
04-16-2005, 01:00 PM
Just made the rounds in Frederick:

K-Mart on 40: nothing new
TRU on 40: what seems like more of nothing new (they are overflowing)
Target: nothing new
Kohl's: Polis Massan, Mas Amedda, and Chopper Droid...someone must be nabbing the AT-TE Gunner and Clone Pilots before I get there

All in all, the glut is pretty bad. I don't see how TRU is even going to put a dent in the over stock they have right now.

hestep99
04-16-2005, 02:36 PM
Made rounds today in Richmond.
7 stores and 2 hours later, all I found was 1-32
Both guards but nothing over 32.
I still need #37 argh

rcjedi
04-16-2005, 03:45 PM
I got my Yoda for buying $25 worth of stuff, but the Yodas are on the pegs with a sticker price of $9.99, so you should be able to purchase as well.

jobare1
04-16-2005, 09:52 PM
All in all, the glut is pretty bad. I don't see how TRU is even going to put a dent in the over stock they have right now.

I agree. Hit Pot. Mills Target, TRU, WalMart, Dumfries WalMart & Manassas Mall Target and all of them are just overloaded with 1-32. Whenever the pegs get a little low, out comes another case of the same thing. Not complaining, but with all this overstock of the first 32 figs, I don't see figs 33 & higher showing up for a while.

mm74md
04-17-2005, 08:47 AM
I agree. Hit Pot. Mills Target, TRU, WalMart, Dumfries WalMart & Manassas Mall Target and all of them are just overloaded with 1-32. Whenever the pegs get a little low, out comes another case of the same thing. Not complaining, but with all this overstock of the first 32 figs, I don't see figs 33 & higher showing up for a while.

I think once the movie comes out, more stuff will move out. The coolest thing I've seen so far in stores are KIDS getting pumped about the toys. I was actually in TRU yesterday & some kid & his grandma were looking at the Vader bank. And the kid broke out in verse saying "YOU ARE PART OF THE REBEL ALLIANCE AND A TRAITOR....TAKE HER AWAY!!!" He was like 6 or 7. That cracked me up! :crazed:

Anyone find the Sams Club Lightsaber 2 Packs? Hagerstown hasn't received them yet. I really want to get this for my son for his birthday on 5/5. Please let me know if anyone sees them.

aceguide
04-18-2005, 09:36 AM
That TRU has consistently had the numbers of exclusive figs to put out on the pegs after the launch. I picked up a second R2 and Clone weeks after my initial "buy a lot anf get this free" purchase.

Good luck!

seanmcfripp
04-18-2005, 06:22 PM
The coolest thing I've seen so far in stores are KIDS getting pumped about the toys.

Every time a make a toy run, I see the same thing...way more so than the last two movies. The kiddies are all kindsa hopped up on Star Wars these days. I wonder if the Clone Wars cartoons have anything to do with it.

Frederick Target has 7 or 8 AT-RTs and 2 ARC-170 fighters, new additions since 4/2. No new figs though...but I did manage to score an Alternators Shockblast (Shockwave). Makes me wish I had an RX-8.

BTW, mm74md, thanx for the score on Saturday. The Clone Commander rocks and my other blue guard is happy to have a twin. And again, my wife thanks you for ending what she was starting to call a horrible exercise in futility every lunch break.

Anyone that's got a royal guard, red or blue...get a second one. I don't know why, but from a display standpoint, a pair of guards is infinitely cooler and more eye catching than just one. My lonely blue guard kinda got overlooked until he got his partner. Not sure if it's the texture of the soft goods, or just the loudness and uniformity of the color, but the few people who've wandered past my basement SW collection display recently have remarked how spiffy they are. In a sea of figures on the wall, the eye goes right to the guards every time. For me, they are easily the best figures of ROTS so far. Too bad they're a bit difficult to find.

sparkytheclown
04-19-2005, 05:36 PM
scored a clone pilot and exploding grievous at kbtoys in annapolis mall

mtriv73
04-19-2005, 05:59 PM
Wal-mart on 26 in Frederick restocked today. Unfotunately, it was with 1-32. They had 3 blue guards though if anyone is interested.

mtriv73
04-19-2005, 06:33 PM
OMGCNFO.com has the clone pilot and clone commander available for $7.50. I broke down and ordered 3 pilots for my Arc-170 and a commander to sit there and watch them.

Slicker
04-20-2005, 05:13 PM
Lynnhaven WM-nada, although I did buy Enemy at the Gates for $4.88.

Lynnhavevn TRU-nothing I needed but they had the Vader Battle Buddy (those things are friggin' huge!), and ARC-170 (still a false member of that club;)), and the new ERTL snap kits. I only saw the X-Wing and Snowspeeder. I would've proabably seen more if I had actually looked past the front row.

Happy Hunting.

mm74md
04-20-2005, 05:41 PM
Hagerstown Kohl's must have recently restocked 33-40. I was able to get another Clone Commander (left 2) and an extra #36 Greivous. The best part is they lowered their prices to $5.99. You may want to keep checking Kohls!

seanmcfripp
04-20-2005, 05:49 PM
Nothing new to report.

Anyone listen to Elliot in the Morning? Flounder headed off to CIII this morning, and everyone was ripping him pretty hard. Of course the uber-dorky Star Wars fans called in his defense, giving Elliot and Tyler even more ammunition. Very funny stuff though. Elliot does a great Yoda impression.

Oh, (and this is a tad low brow, so I apologize if it's offensive to anyone) Elliot and Tyler were referring to a certain bathroom activity as "dropping a Dooku". I don't know about you guys, but from now on around my house, if anyone heads to the bathroom with a newspaper under their arm, it's officially called "dropping a Dooku". My wife and I agree on this 100%, so it's sanctioned house law. Strange though...if I had come up with the idea myself, my wife would have called me an idiot, but since it was on Elliot in the Morning, it's funny.

mm74md
04-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Forgot to mention that the Hagerstown Sam's Club has a ton of the Lightsaber 2 Packs with Figures. I got one for my son who turns 5 next week. I may get another to keep sealed. They look pretty nice.

mm74md
04-21-2005, 09:42 AM
Found the ROTS "Star Cases" at Hagerstown Target this morning. I picked up a set. Apparently the Target exclusive Clone Trooper was put out yesterday & some buttmunch bought all 12 of them.

Kidhuman
04-21-2005, 10:23 AM
Why cant these stores stick to their release dates?

mm74md
04-21-2005, 10:31 AM
Why cant these stores stick to their release dates?

Really?!!??! I didn't expect these Clones to show up until 5/10. I saw this on posted Galactic Hunter this morning before work. Otherwise, I probably would've missed the collector star cases too.

mm74md
04-21-2005, 12:54 PM
Yep, I ordered them about a month ago. You, The BigSloppy, and myself will be swimming in Clones soon. They should be in sometime in early may. I got an e-mail from EE the other day saying that they hadn't forgotten about us and the status of the order is unchanged. I'll PM the two of you when they ship and we can work out all the details.

Dude, they are coming soon! Time to sell some junk on eBay to get the $$$!

sparkytheclown
04-21-2005, 03:42 PM
the walmart in glen burnie had plenty clone pilots and comanders

Slicker
04-21-2005, 05:03 PM
First Colonial Target - They had the Obi-Wan and Gen. Greivous cups and they also had one 12" Barriss Offee. Nothing else to report.

mtriv73
04-21-2005, 10:41 PM
Dude, they are coming soon! Time to sell some junk on eBay to get the $$$!

Yeah, I'm hoping for sometime in the next couple of weeks. There was nothing new in Frederick today. I hit TRU, Target, and Kohls and struck out everywhere. There is some some shelf space open at Target though, so they may restock tomorrow (this won't help me though, I'll be lucky to get out of the lab by 6:30.)

I broke down and bought a C3 Vader on E-bay today (I just hope the guy actually gets to buy it for me.) I told myself that it's cheaper than going to Indy (which is true) and that as long as I get the figure I don't mind subsidizing another fans trip to the convention. I hate exclusives, but I have to have them.

I must admit, I really respect Sean Mcfripp for turning down the card for the Lava Vader at Target on April 2nd. I couldn't have done it. Even though it was a crappy figure I had to have it.

Kidhuman
04-21-2005, 11:24 PM
Found at CBurg WM today: 5 clone commanders, 2 greivous #36, 2 pilots, polis massan and 2 red saber palpys. WHen i oleft they had 2 grievous and a damaged card palpy.

Radford WM: doing inventory, nothing new til next week most likely as they emptied everything from the stock room.

Kidhuman
04-22-2005, 10:12 AM
As luck would have it, I ran into 41-44 this morning. Busted open two cases at Radford WM and there they were. Also grabbed another Clone COmmander, CLone Pilot, AT-TE Gunner and Chopper droid.

CBurg WM - Nothing new, still had a #36 Grievous.

CBurg Target - nothing new, 1-32.

seanmcfripp
04-23-2005, 10:51 AM
I must admit, I really respect Sean Mcfripp for turning down the card for the Lava Vader at Target on April 2nd. I couldn't have done it. Even though it was a crappy figure I had to have it.

I've gone all respectable, like Lando. Yep, me an Lando are pretty much one in the same...only Lando's really cool and I suck pretty bad. I don't think Lando would have been in line with us on Saturday.

Before anyone starts forming a decent opinion about me, let me say this: Just watch how many crippled cancer patients in wheelchairs and old ladies I stomp on to get the Target Clone Trooper. :eek: You'll respect me even more.

I'm an opener, so exclusive packaging doesn't really mean a whole lot to me, other than it looks cool in my trash can for a few days. But serve me up a decent exclusive figure (like the upcoming Target clone), and I geek out just like everybody else. :crazed:

Kidhuman
04-23-2005, 10:59 AM
The thing about the Target clone is it is #41 with a red paint splotch on the chest. Red paint and facy packaging can not justify an 8 dollar increase to me. I will pass on this one.

mtriv73
04-23-2005, 02:24 PM
Well if anyone sees the exclusive clones, please pick one up for me. If I find them I'll buy a couple and save one for whoever wants it.

My friend Dave picked up a everything from 33-40 for me except the AT-TE guy at WM on 85 yesterday. My clones also came in from OMGCNFO.com, so I have a fully manned Arc-170. WM on 26 has the tianium series vehicles. I almost bought a few, but talked myself out of it.

seanmcfripp
04-23-2005, 04:12 PM
The thing about the Target clone is it is #41 with a red paint splotch on the chest. Red paint and facy packaging can not justify an 8 dollar increase to me. I will pass on this one.

I agree completely...BUT, the fact that I have a Lego Clone Trooper (the one that came with the Scout Walker) with red splotches but I don't have one for 3 3/4 inch line will irk me to no end. Therefore, must have SA Clone Trooper with fancy red paint splotches...must idiotically fork over $12 to Target...must stomp on helpless infants and grandmothers to be first to get one. The army builder in me is weak.

On that note, I'm really glad I came in to catch up on some work today. On my lunch break, I found:

TRU: 4 VOTC Stormtroopers. I love it when TRU does housecleaning. Again, the army builder in me is weak, so I bought them all. There are a few Chewies and Bobas if anyone still hasn't picked them up.

K-Mart: ROTS 37-40. I only picked up the AT-TE gunner and the Chopper Droid, as I'd already picked up the others at Kohl's. I took the last gunner, so there are a few Mas Ameddas, Polis Massans, and Chopper Droids left.

By the way, for anyone that hasn't gotten the AT-TE gunner yet: I was really looking forward to this figure, but don't be fooled by the pics - it's got quite a few wonky little bits that kinda disappoint me. While it would have made sense logistically just to use the SA Clone body and slap the new head on it, Hasbro actually created a new figure pretty much from the ground up, with a few parts borrowed from the SA trooper. But IMO, no improvements were made, and in fact the changes hurt the figure. There is no waist articulation, and the torso is sculpted with the horrible "arched back" position that Hasbro loves to use for clones for some reason. While pictures seem to suggest otherwise, the shoulders and elbows are NOT universal joints, but instead cut joints. The right shoulder is at a particularly weird angle, and only looks good while posing with the gun. The hips should have been an improvement, as they are universal joints now, as opposed to the cut joints on the SA body, but the legs end up being a little unstable and the hips are quite far apart (ala quick-draw Clone Trooper, which I think is an awful figure). He does fit on a speeder bike a little better than the SA Clone though, which is a bit of a bonus. It's not a terrible figure, I just wanted to warn people like me who after reviewing the initial pictures a few months ago were left with the impression that the AT-TE gunner had the full range of SA motion...'cuz he don't. And he looks like he has hemroids, both in posture and in his expression. :eek:

sparkytheclown
04-24-2005, 03:34 PM
i got #35,37,39,40 at the kohls in pasadena, one set left

sparkytheclown
04-24-2005, 04:30 PM
the new target in glenburnie has the sa clone, i had to ask for it but they have a case in the back

aceguide
04-25-2005, 09:45 AM
Found the ARC 170 at the TRU on Military. Big box!

They also had the battle buddies and just about nothing else.

Target on Military had an equal amount of nothing. Pegs for Attacktix still empty - very curious...

mm74md
04-25-2005, 12:21 PM
Not in VA/DC/MD areas, but across the PA border I was in the Chambersburg Wal Mart and saw the remnants of the 2nd wave of Deluxe Figures. By remnants I mean only the Yoda on Can Cell. Someone cleared out the Vaders, Vulture Droids, & Clone Troopers. I passed on the Yoda hoping I'll find the Vader soon in Hagerstown (however they weren't at the Hagerstown WM this morning).

mm74md
04-25-2005, 12:32 PM
the new target in glenburnie has the sa clone, i had to ask for it but they have a case in the back

sparkytheclown, could you PM me or IM me?

seanmcfripp
04-25-2005, 06:38 PM
Scored 2 exclusive SA Clonetroopers at Frederick Target at around 5:00 today. One more, and I'll have a decent little squad of Neyo Legion Grunts. Now all we need is for Hasbro to make a Commander Neyo to lead them (please please please please please).

I know it's only 5 splotches of red paint that make this figure unique, but I'm just a sucker for this kind of stuff. I have the two troopers standing next to my Lego Scout Walker on my desk as I type this, and I must say, they look pretty darned spiffy. The little Lego Neyo Legion Grunt looks happy to have some of his own kind around.

blank
04-25-2005, 08:17 PM
Anyone know the DCPI for the exclusive clone I went to Glen Burnie and asked a bunch of people and all they did was look at me like an idiot :cry:

seanmcfripp
04-25-2005, 09:21 PM
Anyone know the DCPI for the exclusive clone I went to Glen Burnie and asked a bunch of people and all they did was look at me like an idiot :cry:

DCPI = 087061489
UPC = 6 53569 10053 9

blank
04-25-2005, 09:25 PM
Thanks a lot man I'll be going out tommorow to try and get a clone somewhere... but as for finds I havnt found anything around here most of the stores are letting the pegs getting pretty low hopfully they will put a lot more new stuff out for all of us soon

sparkytheclown
04-25-2005, 11:44 PM
ask the guy in electonics, he went in the back and brought me one out, also i didnt tell him what is was i just asked him to look up the #, also did you go to the new target by bestbuy? the one by 97 didnt have any.

blank
04-26-2005, 09:47 AM
yeah thats the target I went to. Thanks for the new info I'm going to try and get one today

Major Karr
04-26-2005, 03:12 PM
Found the SA Clone at Target Springfield today. It looks like they had just been put out - 6 of them - since I saw the empty box in the red cart. The box holds 12 so I dont know what happened to the other half. Maybe they put some out each day.

mtriv73
04-26-2005, 03:57 PM
Is the Target exclusive clonetrooper an ongoing thing or is it shipping once like the holo yoda and lava vader?

mm74md
04-26-2005, 04:38 PM
Is the Target exclusive clonetrooper an ongoing thing or is it shipping once like the holo yoda and lava vader?

It seems stores are getting 1 case of 12 from what I've seen on the boards here & talking to people at Target.

blank
04-26-2005, 07:32 PM
Thanks for all the help I was able to get my exclusive clone trooper tonight :D I got it at the Towson target

jobare1
04-26-2005, 10:01 PM
After reading Maj. Karr's post, I decided to take a chance & run up to Springfield after work to try & grab the clonetrooper. They were all gone by the time I got there (6:30pm). No big deal & not sweating about it yet since the "Official" release isn't for another 2-1/2 weeks.

Pot. Mills Target - nothing new

Pot. Mills WM - same

Pot. Mills TRU - same

Kidhuman
04-26-2005, 11:47 PM

From what I read and heard, it will ship out more and more, then go away. Its not limited to 50 per store like Vader and should get more than 4 cases of them

jonthejedi
04-27-2005, 05:58 AM
Hey guys...see my unique experience at C3 under "Conventions" in forum: that Lucas Kid...that was my son, the lucky padawan, who got picked to go up on stage & meet the saga creator. Enter "tyler hamrick" under search, and pull up a great picture under Yahoo that AP took. I'm still shaking...

mm74md
04-27-2005, 09:11 AM
Hey guys...see my unique experience at C3 under "Conventions" in forum: that Lucas Kid...that was my son, the lucky padawan, who got picked to go up on stage & meet the saga creator. Enter "tyler hamrick" under search, and pull up a great picture under Yahoo that AP took. I'm still shaking...

Very cool!!!! :D

Kidhuman
04-27-2005, 11:05 AM
JOn, a very cool momnet in both your lives. And props to Lucas too. I would have been so nervous for my kid if that was him.

sparkytheclown
04-27-2005, 07:27 PM
the new target in glen burnie still has sa clone, just ask the electronics guy

mm74md check your pm

jonthejedi
04-28-2005, 05:07 AM
Sparky, with being in Indy & driving home...I must have missed all the excitement regarding the Target clonetrooper exclusive. Can you grab 1 for me & have them hold it? I'm reading conflicting info(what else is new??!!)...wasn't there a street date? Am I too late?

sparkytheclown
04-28-2005, 05:14 AM
jon, the target has not put them out yet, but talk to the electronics guy and give him this DCPI# 087061489 and he will go in the back and pull one from the case, the figure is active, but they wont put them out until the star wars reset

aceguide
04-28-2005, 01:20 PM
Score!

WM on Battlefield Blvd in Chesapeake. Picked up the only 2 Clone Pilots (need one more...) and 2 Clone Commanders. They had 3 or 4 more Commanders and a few Grievous #36.

Right next to it is the only Kohl's I know of in this area. Checked it out to find nothing. If you are in the market for Clones they had at least 20 on the pegs.

HH

jonthejedi
04-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Sparky...my wife went in with the DCPI#, but they told her they sold out "over the weekend." However, she did nab me one at Columbia Greatland Target on her way to work. Thanks Kidd for the #!

sparkytheclown
04-28-2005, 06:51 PM
they must have not wanted to look, because i picked up a second one up on wed at the new target

jonthejedi
04-29-2005, 08:46 AM
Off to see maestro John Williams today at 1:30 at Kenndey Ctr. in DC(a early Fathers Day gift from my wife). This is something I've waited 30 years to do...unfortuneately he's not doing his movie music, but some of his original classical works like Treesong, Soundings, etc. Maybe a surprise from Sith, I hope!!!

Major Karr
04-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Forgot to post yesterday that I found 33-40 at Target in the morning, so I guess new cases are being released from the dist center. No sign of the new deluxe yet.

aceguide
04-29-2005, 09:25 AM
Off to see maestro John Williams today at 1:30 at Kenndey Ctr. in DC(a early Fathers Day gift from my wife). This is something I've waited 30 years to do...unfortuneately he's not doing his movie music, but some of his original classical works like Treesong, Soundings, etc. Maybe a surprise from Sith, I hope!!!

I will be interested to read your report.

South of the DC area there are starting to be trickles of higher numbered figures showing up at local WM's. Finally found an ARC as well....

sparkytheclown
04-29-2005, 06:03 PM
i found a lone deluxe clone trooper today at target

jonthejedi
04-29-2005, 06:52 PM
On the way to see John Williams I stopped off at South Glen Burnie Target(Sparky, you may have gotten there right after me) around 11 AM. Nabbed an operating table Vader(last one), vulture droid(last one) & Jet trooper(left 1). No sign of Yoda on flying insect. Also bought 12" Shaak Ti & Bariss Offee. Now I'm broke again...didn't think this stuff was coming out so soon?!! Williams got 2 standing ovations...went back to the podium & conducted Imperial March(Darth Vader's Theme). YEEEESSS!!!! Got another curtain call; came back out & did the Flying Theme from E.T.. The NSO rocks!

Kidhuman
04-29-2005, 07:26 PM
Radford WM - Bupkiss

Princeton WVa WM - Nothing, did get a SW Air freshener.

K-MArt Bluefield Va/WVa - Nothing new

Pulaski Va WM - Grabbed a Vaderand Clone Deluxe. Thats about it

jobare1
04-29-2005, 09:49 PM
Guess most of the Targets in the area put out the Deluxe figs. Found all 4 today at Potomac Mills. Was planning on sticking with just the basic figs this time around (getting married later this year, so I can't go "wild" like the previous movies), but when I saw the Vader I had to get it. Was tempted by the Clonetrooper.

Pot. Mills WalMart - nothing new

Pot. Mills TRU - nothing new (they did have 4 or 5 Vintage Stormtroopers)

Dale City KMart - what a joke

Kidhuman
04-29-2005, 09:53 PM
Also check your WM's. They have exclusive gift cards there.

mtriv73
05-02-2005, 03:29 PM
Got a Palpatine with red lightsaber today at TRU in Frederick. They were in the midst of putting out 4 cases of figs with the exploding grievous, clone commander, pilot wave. Still no At-Te gunners :( On a better note though, the EE clones arrived today.

blank
05-02-2005, 04:18 PM
Seemed like targets were putting out 33-40 today almost everyone I went to had them. Towson Target had a lot of Clone Pilots and Commanders as well as a few blue saber Palpatines but the only seemed to have 1 each of the rest. Target on York Rd. had 1 Polis, Mas Ameda and Medical Droid. The Target in Bel Air right near the Wal-mart had a lot of Clone Commanders, Pilots and Exlpoding Grevious. Anyone finding the new deluxe yet I have yet to see one and I want the operating table Vader bad

mm74md
05-02-2005, 04:59 PM
Anyone finding the new deluxe yet I have yet to see one and I want the operating table Vader bad

I saw the Yoda from wave 2 at a Wal Mart in PA last weekend (4/23). I haven't seen them since here in MD :frus: I just want a Vader!

jonthejedi
05-02-2005, 05:03 PM
Laurel Target had #33-40(all avail. as of lunchtime). All Palpys had red sabre. No new deluxe at this location, but all figure/cups sets were there...plenty of clonetrooper.

Major Karr
05-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Saw quite a few CCommanders and CPilots today at the Rockville TRU & Target and at the Germantown WM & Target...probably at least six of each at each place. Rockville Targ had the new deluxe wave. There was one DV left as of an hour ago. The Rockville TRU also had 1 each of the Red/Blue guards and the new LEGO mini ARC-170 was with the regular LEGO stuff.

Slicker
05-03-2005, 03:11 PM
First Colonial Target - Had the Clone and the Vulture Droid Deluxe figs.

Lynnhaven TRU - Had the ARC-170 and the TIE Interceptor LEGO Minis.

Lynnhaven WM - Nothing new.

EDIT: The TRU also had at least 20 ARC-170 for $30 apiece.

jonthejedi
05-03-2005, 05:18 PM
Columbia Target had the new deluxe figs. as well earlier today...and surprise, the op. table Darth Vader & jet trooper were more plentiful than the Can-Cell w/Yoda & Vulture Droid.

aceguide
05-04-2005, 08:32 AM
Not much to report from the Norfolk area. Nothing new at Military WM or TRU. Neglected to go by Target which was a mistake.

Wondering is anyone has spotted the Early Bird set going down in price. The Military WM has a stack of them and they are still $30. I can only see myself going for this if the price comes down some...

mm74md
05-04-2005, 09:20 AM
Hagerstown Wal Mart has TONS of Clone Commander wave. I'd say about 10 Clone Commanders and bunches of Clone Pilots.

mm74md
05-04-2005, 11:10 AM
Hagerstown Wal Mart has TONS of Clone Commander wave. I'd say about 10 Clone Commanders and bunches of Clone Pilots.

Forgot to mention that they had Bariss Offee(?) & Shak Ti 12" figures as well.

aceguide
05-04-2005, 02:08 PM
Slicker - Thanks for the tip on the minis at Lynhaven TRU - got out there at lunch and picked up one of each. BTW - that is a vastly superior TRU than the one on Military.

valin horn
05-04-2005, 06:06 PM
finally found the new deluxe at the new glen burnie target
still plenty there but all boxes look like they kicked the boxes off the truck
i don't care i'm going to open them anyway

mm74md
05-05-2005, 09:19 AM
I went to Hagerstown Target hoping to find the new deluxe. No luck. On my way out the aisle I noticed a Destroyer Droid....then a Wookie Warrior....then ROTS SA Clone...and Neimoidian Warrior! The destroyer is the same from AOTC. The other figures look very cool!

Keep those eyes peeled!

Kidhuman
05-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Nice haul mm74md.

jobare1
05-05-2005, 11:25 PM
Great finds mm74md

Decided to take a little "field trip" around the area:

Potomac Mills WalMart - went there early this morning and found about 5 cases of figs to be put out. Couldn't wait around so I decided to go back during my lunch break and they were out on the pegs. Bunch of #33-40, except for the AT-TE Gunner. All Palps were red saber.

Pot.Mills Target - looks like they put out only 1 case of 33-40. Again no AT-TE Gunner. (Forgot to mention - yesterday found 1 exlcusive CT hidden behind some diecast stuff. Made for a nice birthday gift to myself)

P.M. TRU - nothing above #32.

Dumfries W-M: a bunch of 33-40 (again, no AT-TE Gunners & all Palps were red saber). Did find some of the Battle Arenas. First time I've seen them outside of TRU or KB.

Burke W-M: selection is pretty slim but it looks like they did put out a couple of newer cases (33-40). Found 2 of the AT-TE Gunners. All Palps were red saber.

Burke Target: pretty slim selection.

Kinda suprised at the lack of seeing many of the AT-TE Gunners.

Kidhuman
05-05-2005, 11:30 PM
Kinda suprised at the lack of seeing many of the AT-TE Gunners.

They are 1 or 2 per case thats why...

valin horn
05-06-2005, 12:10 PM
Robin from the Howard Stern show saw ROTS yesterday and said it was the greatest movie she has seen
I sure hope it's that good

Major Karr
05-06-2005, 06:46 PM
Found #41 - 44 today at Targ in Falls Church...it seemed like there were 2 of each plus maybe 2 Mas and Polis in the case. I bought the 2 Clones that were there. They also had the Battle Arenas and about 6 Darth Taters.

Kidhuman
05-06-2005, 06:47 PM
Major, they are 1 per case until the revisons, then some are two. They might have put out 2 cases. Nice haul BTW.

sparkytheclown
05-06-2005, 07:24 PM
they got clone pilots, exploding grievous, polis, and palpatine at thw wal-mart in glen burnie target had 2 vulture droids, mas, and chopper droids

jonthejedi
05-07-2005, 06:12 AM
Found a Darth Tater at a Columbia Giant Foods...Jeers to them for not having "in-store details" on getting the free M&M's plush...checked with no less than 7 different stores. Finally yesterday a "catalina coupon" printed out with purchase receipt. This is been one botched-up ad circular for them. Most Giants didn't even get the product in that was advertised. The south Glen Burnie WalMart on Crain Hwy. actually had Early Bird kits on the bottom shelf. Sparky & anyone else local...let's all keep an eye out for #41-44! I feel they'll be hitting any day now!

seanmcfripp
05-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Frederick Target had 41-44 and a few of the Battle Arena sets. The toy dept guy Stacey (who happens to be a SW fan) said he had just gotten in another case of the exclusive SA Clone Trooper, but someone bought the whole thing last night. I described who I thought it may have been, and he confirmed my suspicion.

On that note, I'd like to rant a bit about this paricular scapler from the Frederick area. You Frederick guys have all seen him I'm sure. He's this weasal-ly little rat f, Richard Dreyfus lookin' worm ridden piece of filth that hits all the toy depts of every store in Frederick. For anyone who was at Target on 4/2, you probably saw him there. Again, he looks just like Richard Dreyfus, he's loud and obnoxious, and he was hanging out with a tall fat dude in his 50's. Anyway, I've witnessed this guy scalping since I was old enough to drive and really get heavy into collecting. I'd see him hit up TRU for the original 1995 POTF monkey-faced Leias, only to see him a week later selling it for $25 a pop from a set-up in the middle of the FSK mall during one of those NASCAR/card collecting/general collectible rip-off bazaars. During TPM, he had a few Darth Mauls going for $20 a piece (before Maul flooded the market). I took great pride in telling one of his potential customers to go to CVS a few stores down, where they had Maul for $6.99. His expression was priceless. I've also caught him returning stuff at TRU quite often, and it's always something "collectible", like McFarlane sports figures, or Starting Lineup, or HotWheels. I guess he buys something that's "hot" and then returns it if the price cools off and he can't sell it.

So, my point in this rant...well, I have no point. I just really hate this guy. If you ever see him, tell him you know he's a scalper and that you really dislike him. Tell him he sucked in JAWS and that he would have made a terrible C-3PO.

jonthejedi
05-07-2005, 11:52 AM
FOUND #41-44 THRU TRIAL & TREVAIL, hitting all targets from Glen Burnie(south) thru Bowie, Laurel, Columbia & Ellicott City. Sparky, I hid an extra #41, 43 & 44 at Ellicott City Target off Rt. 100(Longate) top right hand corner in main SW section(aisle, not endcap) behind some Yodas. I don't have a way to PM you, so I hope they're still there. Laurel Target has crap loads of recalled collector clamshells out on the pegs. But I won't pay 9.99 for a manufacturer mistake.

blank
05-07-2005, 09:49 PM
I saw the Mustafar playset at the Wal-mart in hunt valley. I was really unimpressed by it and the figures that game with it looked awful. Target on York rd. had a few red saber Palpatines, Polis Massan and Mas. They also had a lone vulture droid for the new deluxes. But I did get my ticket for the Midnight showing :D

sparkytheclown
05-08-2005, 06:21 PM
the walmart in glen burnie(by the dmv) had figures 1-40 plenty of each including blue guards,and at-te gunners the higher # figures are on an endcap

Kidhuman
05-09-2005, 09:28 AM
Last night WM in Radford had an entire pallet devoted to SW toys. Went in this morning and they had it displayed when you walk in. Bagged 2 sets of 41-44 and an Anakin variant w/Dooku saber. The variant seemds to be shipping with Wave 4, so keeps your eyes peeled if that interests you.

CBurg WM - nothing new.

aceguide
05-10-2005, 09:13 AM
Target on Military - Had several Pilots and Grievous #36. Also a number of Wookie Warriors and Palpis. No exclusive clones...

A.J.
05-10-2005, 01:13 PM
I'd like to publicly acknowledge the collector who graciously offered his SA clone #41 to me this morning @ Ellicott City Target. I really appreciated your kindness. Thanks again!

aceguide
05-11-2005, 08:47 AM
It's atarting to feel lonely in the Tidewater area...

However, if you are looking, don't go to the Target at Greenbriar. Basically had NO figures (which I actually se as being a good sign). Truthfully there were maybe 20 figures - one or two on each peg. They are renovating so maybe that has something to do with it.

aceguide
05-11-2005, 08:54 AM
I'd like to publicly acknowledge the collector who graciously offered his SA clone #41 to me this morning @ Ellicott City Target. I really appreciated your kindness. Thanks again!

That's great to read. It is very refreshing to hear about some positive experiences out on the road.

However...

This Target exclusive clone has got to be one of the low points in collecting with regards to scum scalpers. Read a front page article @ GH where some dude walked off with 6 cases. Granted, I'd like to think that he was a committed army builder. But my guess is that some ebay seller in CA is going to list 72 exclusive clones with a buy-it-now of $25 each. That story gets lumped in with multiple reports of entire cases walking out of stores.

For me the Lava Vader and exclusive Clone will live together forever in the don't have pile.

Enough rant for now...

There is very little to report in SE - VA (Hampton Roads). I have seen eveidence of 40+ at Target, and have started to see a couple 36-40 sitting around at WM.

Kidhuman
05-11-2005, 11:09 AM
Target CB - 1-44 in plenty stock, new deluxe, 10 SA Exclusive clones.

CB WM - Nothing new, doing inventory, expecting a gold rush with in the next 2 days

Radford WM - Resetting the front of the store with merch. Had Darth Vader masks for 3 bucks.

sparkytheclown
05-11-2005, 04:57 PM
the old target in glenburnie had 3 of the exclusive clones plus deluxe wave 2

Kidhuman
05-12-2005, 01:29 AM
CB Target: Also had the Battle Arenas there.

mm74md
05-12-2005, 09:10 AM
Hagerstown WM has 1-44 a plenty today. I picked up a few extra SA Clones. I'm a sucker for a good figure.

Kohl's had the Biker Scout/Wookie combo for $17.99. I got one of those & the last AT-RT with bonus Clone.

Didn't hit Target or Kmart this morning.

mtriv73
05-12-2005, 10:32 AM
I finally found an at-te gunner at Kohls the other day. Now I guess the quest begins for the SA clonetrooper. With the scalpers around here that Sean was talking about the other day, it may take a while.

MM, I'll be around this weekend if you want to get those other clones from me.

mm74md
05-12-2005, 12:02 PM
I finally found an at-te gunner at Kohls the other day. Now I guess the quest begins for the SA clonetrooper. With the scalpers around here that Sean was talking about the other day, it may take a while.

MM, I'll be around this weekend if you want to get those other clones from me.

Which SA Clone? The exclusive or the #41? I can get you a #41 at WM when I go out for lunch.

How about we work out something for Saturday. PM me for a good time to meet.

seanmcfripp
05-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Frederick Target has 41-44 and the new deluxes as of lunch time. I scored the only 41 SA clone trooper (someone must have gotten the others). The Wookies are of the running change dark brown variety. And guess what...they have a complete case of the Target Exclusive Clone on the pegs (I counted all 12). Nice to see a scalper has plundered it yet. Get one while they're hot, kiddies!

Fixer
05-12-2005, 05:29 PM
If someone would pick up the Target exclusive clone and send it my way, I'd happily reimburse cost, shipping, and a modest finder's fee. I can't seem to get the jump on the scalpers on this one. Also, new wookie warrior & neimodian at Springfield Target - #41 clones & droidekas all gone.

jonthejedi
05-13-2005, 01:02 PM
Columbia Target has Micro Wave 2 asst. & Galactic Heroes ROTS Wave 2 as well. Glen Burnie Toys R Us had exclusive Anakin Fighter w/Anakin, 29.95@.

jobare1
05-13-2005, 07:18 PM
Found #41 - 44 this morning at Potomac Mills Target. Got both variations of the Wookiee Warrior. Had 3 empty pegs that were tagged for the exclusive.

Found Anakin with Dooku saber variation yesterday at the Kohls near Potomac Mills.

Kidhuman
05-14-2005, 12:00 AM
Grabbed an AT-TE gunner today at Radford WM They added an endcap to the store of figures as well.

Major Karr
05-14-2005, 02:49 PM
As late as noon today Targ Springfield had several #41s as well as 6 exclusive clones on the pegs. I hid one exclusive on aisle L17, behind the Megablock Dragons. Good Luck

mtriv73
05-14-2005, 03:51 PM
I'm caught up through #44 with the exception of #41 (thanks for the tip MM74MD, I sent my Mom out to Wal-Mart in Hagerstown to look for me.) Frederick Target sold through another set of exclusive clones yesterday. A friend of mine picked up the last one. If anyone finds these and could pick one up for a fellow collector I'd be most appreciative. I got the TRU-exclusive Jedi starfighter yesterday in Frederick. Other than that, there's not much new around here.

On a side note: MM74MD, if you tried to call saturday morning through early afternoon and I didn't pick up then I apologize. One of our cats knocked a phone off the hook and I didn't find it till 2:00 so nothing rang through.

Also, I was checking amazon.com and they have an Imperial hoth 5-pack coming out in september. Does anyone have any idea what this is?

Kidhuman
05-14-2005, 11:19 PM
Imperial hoth 5 pack sounds interesting, can ya posta link MTRIV?

jobare1
05-15-2005, 12:08 AM
As late as noon today Targ Springfield had several #41s as well as 6 exclusive clones on the pegs. I hid one exclusive on aisle L17, behind the Megablock Dragons. Good Luck

Thanks Major Karr. Just got back from the Richmond race & read your post. I'll have to head up there early Sun. morning.

mtriv73
05-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Imperial hoth 5 pack sounds interesting, can ya posta link MTRIV?

Here you go...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00080VMHM/qid=1116162893/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-7016482-1208637?v=glance&s=toys

There isn't much info though.

Kidhuman
05-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Thanks mtriv. Sounds interesting though.

Major Karr
05-15-2005, 12:40 PM
Both TRU and Targ have figs on sale for $4.99, plus other ROTS stuff on sale. I think Targ has the LEGO ARC for $33.99. Saw lots of Pilots and Commanders today. I also hid a Targ Clone at Potomac Yard. PM me for location.

aceguide
05-16-2005, 08:56 AM
My local Target (Hampton Roads VA) finally had a lot of new figs on the pegs - which is nice with the sale. They had all of the delux wave 2 as well as many pilots and commanders. Nothing beyond 40 - but did score a Wookie Warrior in the middle of the week.

Question - Has anyone had much luck with the Burger King promo? MOst of the stores in my area were sold out - one had a price tag of $4.99 per toy on their board. Did eventually find Jabba, Han and Wicket. Not too optomistic about finding much else from the first wave...

Kidhuman
05-16-2005, 09:11 AM
Found them all, Got Vader, Han and Wicket so far, Kids got Han and Jabba.

Monstermile
05-16-2005, 11:01 AM
I was on my way to Richmond Friday for the race and stopped by a Best Buy in Fredericksburg to see if they had the Anakin .45 MR lightsabers. Lucked out. They had 4 in stock.

seanmcfripp
05-16-2005, 07:05 PM
Frederick Target had more 41-44 at lunch today. The Wookie Warrior was of the darker brown variety. They also had some of the new Battle Arenas (Obi-wan vs. Magna Droid). I nabbed the only two #41 Clones (sorry), but there were plenty of everything else.

mm74md
05-17-2005, 09:13 AM
Finally got my Wave 2 Deluxe Vader this morning at Hagerstown Target. It figures the day I don't go to Target (yesterday) they put that wave out. I'm surprised that the only one there was Vader.

They also had the dark Wookies, Clone Commanders & Pilots aplenty. They also had the collectible cups which I picked up one of each. They are on sale for $8.49 I think as was the deluxe Vader.

Slicker
05-17-2005, 07:32 PM
Sorry for leaving you aceguide had to take leave for a wedding.

Anyways today I found alot of figs that I still needed at the First Colonial Target. They had 33-40 (minus the AT-TE Gunner) Wookiee Warrior, and a Destroyer Droid. They had at least 20 Clone Pilots for those of you who are army builders. They also had 2 Battle Arenas in not that good of shape along with the Ben and Gen. G cups.

Kidhuman
05-18-2005, 01:26 AM
Radford WM, wave 2 deluxe on pallets tonight, SA CLone wave, 4 cases too.

CB WM - 3 cases of SA Clone wave on pallets tonight, grabbed the clones out of em, left the rest.

aceguide
05-18-2005, 10:11 AM
Good to see you back Slicker.

Target on Military has had a lot of good stuff. Still looking for the Wookiee Warrior variant and the nemodian warrior. Curiously it seems as the OB1 and Ani have disappearred from the pegs...

Planning on a quick run today. I'll report anything good.

sparkytheclown
05-18-2005, 01:44 PM
is anyone going to see episode 3 tonight on the digital screen in annapolis, if so i will see you there

mm74md
05-18-2005, 02:14 PM
I went to the food court at the Hagerstown Mall & there were 3 guys already in line at the movie theater!

sparkytheclown
05-18-2005, 05:12 PM
i just called annapolis, they have 25 people in line already

jobare1
05-20-2005, 08:56 PM
Not a whole lot happening. Did seem like most stores put out more cases yesterday to coincide with the release of the movie.

Pot. Mills W-M: (actually meant to post this yesterday, but was dead tired from catching the midnight showing, then getting up for work at 6am, I crashed as soon as I got home yesterday) had all of the newer figs (41-44) along with approx 5 or 6 AT-TE Gunners if anyone is still looking.

Pot. Mills Target: stopped by there today during lunch, they had 3 exclusive SA clones, but that was about it.

Dale City K-Mart: no real suprise, pegs half full of 1-28.

Manassas K-Mart: pegs jammed with 1-28.

All in all I loved the movie. I think I was still a little "shell-shocked" when I left the theater. It's alot to take in. Not going to give anything away incase some of us haven't seen the movie yet, but there are some pretty emotional/powerful scenes. Anyone else's thoughts/opinions?

rcjedi
05-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Haven't posted in awhile, Aceguide, I saw plenty of variant Wookies this past Thursday, 19 May 05, at the PA WalMart. They may still have some there. I also have a variant Grievous #36 with the lightsaber packed on the right of the bubble. I think this is a running change, but if anyone needs it, LMK.

Hope everyone's had a chance to check the movie out, pretty awesome!

Kidhuman
05-21-2005, 01:46 AM
CB Target - Nothing above 40

CB WM - Nothing new

WM Radford - Wave 2 Deluxe

Pearisburg WM - Poop on a stick

Princeton WM - TOns of Wave 2 deluxe, no vaders though

Bluefield Kmart - NOting above 28

Pulaski WM - Nothing new, best thing was blue guards

jonthejedi
05-21-2005, 08:45 AM
Jobare; I posted my review in the other forum...but "shell-shocked" was the exact description my wife & I used. I think it is a masterpiece compared to the other 2 prequels. It IS a very emotional journey, and Ewan's dialogue brought us to tears several times. I feel like alot of neat stuff must have got cut out, but that's what the DVD's are for. I'm having strong reservations about taking my 8 year old son; even though he loves SW...I think it's just a little too intense in that last 45 minutes.

sparkytheclown
05-21-2005, 07:37 PM
the north glen burnie walmart had 30-44 except the tank gunner, kb toys at marley station had 30-44 except the sa clone

Kidhuman
05-22-2005, 12:29 AM
Grabbed a Vader table, Clone deluxe and Vulture droid today at Radford WM. At Target in CBurg, had a 10 dollar gift card, so I grabbed the AT-RT Lego and a diet pepsi.

sparkytheclown
05-22-2005, 01:50 AM
has anyone seen the gunship, i went to pick one up and nobody has any?

aceguide
05-23-2005, 10:00 AM
So far 2 viewings of ROTS. Excellent movie. If not a little overwhelming.

Target on Military had tons of variant wookiees. Lits of delux wave 2 and higher #'s.

Nothing much to report on the other area stores. Did hit a Suncoast out of curiosity. They had a lot of the 12" and everything was 25% off. That made it about the same as the other major retailers.

Also hit a KB out of the same curiosity. What gives. Everything is more expensive, and there's not much selection. Very strange.

mtriv73
05-23-2005, 02:53 PM
has anyone seen the gunship, i went to pick one up and nobody has any?

I haven't seen one since the weekend of Midnight Maddness. Walmart.com and amazon.com had them last week though.

jobare1
05-23-2005, 08:32 PM
Sparky - the only place that I remember seeing them (recently) were at 2 different KB's.

Potomac Mills W-M: nothing new.

Potomac Mills Target: nothing new. They did have the 5 pk. protective cases. Thought these were recalled.

Pot. Mills TRU: pegs jammed with everything below 32.

Dale City KMart: I think I saw a tumbleweed roll past me.

On a side note, everywhere I went I've noticed that I didn't see a single Vader. Doesn't really suprise me with the release of the movie. While in Target today there was a woman there talking to one of the toy dept employees asking about the figures, saying that she wanted to get her son a "good guy and a bad guy". She picked up a Yoda, but couldn't find a Vader. She looked at the Palpatines and Grievous' and was set on getting that Vader. Well, the employee went to the stockroom and came back with a Vader, much to her delight, and said, "you just made my son's day." I'm just glad that people are showing a real interest in this movie and getting their kids involved.

jonthejedi
05-24-2005, 06:20 AM
Another sidenote question like Sparky's. Has anyone seen the Mustafar playset? I thought I heard it had been released...but haven't seen it anywhere! I did pick up the Pellennor Fields LOTR set from Toy Biz at North Glen Burnie WalMart...very nice & 3 new figures.

blank
05-24-2005, 10:26 AM
The wal-mart in hunt valley has had the mustafar set high on a top shelf for about 2 weeks.

jonthejedi
05-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Scored 1 of each Deluxe Wave 3 at new North Glen Burnie Target: solid white clonetrooper army builder 3-pk., crab droid, spider droid & Stass Allie on speeder bike. Not much at the South Target except the droids.

jobare1
05-25-2005, 07:49 PM
Scored 1 of each Deluxe Wave 3 at new North Glen Burnie Target: solid white clonetrooper army builder 3-pk., crab droid, spider droid & Stass Allie on speeder bike. Not much at the South Target except the droids.

Nice finds.

Kidhuman
05-26-2005, 01:04 AM
I think Hasbro needs to pump there brakes, so much so quickly.

NIce finds Jon

jonthejedi
05-26-2005, 11:00 AM
Found #45, 46 & 47(still several of each left) at North Glen Burnie WalMart/Chesapeake Ctr. Hasbro needs to slow things up a bit or I'm going to have to sell my son into servitude somewhere. I've been lucky the last 48 hrs. but I'm terrified now that the Evolutions sets & Vader 500th are hitting any day now. I'm broker than broke...I just picked up all the books last week(tried to stay spoiler free), after I saw the movie!

sparkytheclown
05-26-2005, 06:44 PM
thanks for the tip jon i got a set too

jobare1
05-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Nice finds.............AGAIN. ;)

Was wondering when these were gonna show up. Jon, I'm with you. I'm also broke and it seems that there is a new wave released, on average, every 2 weeks. Thankfully this has coincided with my paychecks. Hopefully Hasbro will give us a little breathing room before 48-50, 500th Vader & the Evolution sets come out.

rcjedi
05-27-2005, 09:48 PM
Tarkin wave hitting Va Beach area, friend of mine picked them up at PA WalMart this past Thursday. Also deluxe wave should be hitting soon, I found all 4 on my way home from Baltimore this week. Found them in Tappahanook, VA just between interstates 95 and 64, off the 295 exchange.

jonthejedi
05-28-2005, 06:20 AM
I noticed more #45-47 at that same WalMart, but they were thrown in a shopping cart that was across from the SW "wall." They also had #41 SA clonetrooper out the ying yang in the same cart. I picked up Anakin's starfighter for $18 to open...nice paint scheme & weathering/blast mark details. What's with the green paint job on the Toys R Us exclusive with Anakin #2? This seems to be the new pegwarmer @29.99. I'm heading down to Annapolis, hopefully, this weekend to see ROTS at the digital screening at Crown Theater in the mall.

sparkytheclown
05-28-2005, 04:17 PM
kb toys at Arundel Mills and columbia mall had the Mustafar playset

Fixer
05-31-2005, 08:34 AM
I noticed more #45-47 at that same WalMart, but they were thrown in a shopping cart that was across from the SW "wall." They also had #41 SA clonetrooper out the ying yang in the same cart. I picked up Anakin's starfighter for $18 to open...nice paint scheme & weathering/blast mark details. What's with the green paint job on the Toys R Us exclusive with Anakin #2? This seems to be the new pegwarmer @29.99. I'm heading down to Annapolis, hopefully, this weekend to see ROTS at the digital screening at Crown Theater in the mall.

The green fighter is the one Anakin flew to Mustafar to "take care" of the Seperatists.

Found the new deluxe this weekend (minus the Clone pack, natch). Still waiting to see 45+...

Kidhuman
05-31-2005, 11:41 AM
Has anyone found wave 2 of the Galactic heroes yet? Javent seen them around here.

mtriv73
05-31-2005, 12:01 PM
I found wave 3 of the deluxe at Target on Friday minus the clone 3 pack. The crab droid was a huge disappointment when I opened it. It was the wrong scale (I thought it should be much smaller given what I'd seen in hte movie) and it looked nothing like the picture on the package. Oh well, I guess Lucas changed his mind after Hasbro had the toy designed. SA clones are all over the place here too. Are they shipping full cases of them?

Kidhuman
05-31-2005, 12:09 PM
From what I heard yes, but havent seen proof anywhere of it.

Major Karr
05-31-2005, 12:50 PM
The Target at Springfield had Deluxe wave three around 10.30 today. The KB there has Mustafar for 29.99. Nothing new at Kohls, WM or TRU. Nothing new at the Fair Lakes TRU, WM or Target, where I might have missed 45-47 by 2 minutes. I thought I saw someone with them in hand.

KH, what is in the wave 2 of Galatic Heroes?

Kidhuman
06-01-2005, 12:05 AM
Cb-urg WM, tons of AT-TE gunners and up to 40.

Radford WM- nada new

mm74md
06-01-2005, 02:50 PM
Hagerstown Wal Mart has the Code 3 Millennium Falcon for $249. I put one on layaway. They also marked down the Early Bird sets to $10 & the Diecast to $3. It seems they are making room for Fantastic Four and Batman.

Slicker
06-05-2005, 05:31 PM
Target on First Colonial had alot of the 40 and above figs (with the exception of the AT-TE Gunner). I picked up the Neimodian Warrior and 3 #41's.

I have 2 extras of the #41. Send me a PM if any of you need one. I'd prefer someone that doesn't have one yet over an army builder but since I don't know who has 'em it's gonna be honesty.

aceguide
06-06-2005, 09:07 AM
[QUOTE=Slicker]Target on First Colonial had alot of the 40 and above figs (with the exception of the AT-TE Gunner). I picked up the Neimodian Warrior and 3 #41's.[QUOTE]

Found the same at both Targets I visited this weekend. Tons of higher # figures. Even an ATTE amongst them.

Question - where are the deluxe wave 2 & 3??

Slicker
06-06-2005, 03:20 PM
Sorry about that. They had tons of the Deluxe figs including: Stass Allie on Speeder, Crab Droid, Spider Droid, a Clone 3-Pack, and the Vulture Droid.

PM me if you want any of those and I can go and check it out.

aceguide
06-07-2005, 02:25 PM
Thanks for the offer. However, the SW budget is very thin right now. It's almost for the best that I have not spotted the Deluxe - would hate trying to explain $30+ to the mrs.

Amazing how these figs keep moving off the pegs...

mm74md
06-07-2005, 02:30 PM
Hagerstown Wal Mart....They also marked down the Early Bird sets to $10 & the Diecast to $3. It seems they are making room for Fantastic Four and Batman.

Early Bird sets are now $5. And I can't pricematch cause my friggin receipt is at Hasbro :frus:

Diecast are $2.50 each. Finally got that series.

Kidhuman
06-07-2005, 11:39 PM
CBurg WM - nothing new.

Radofrd WM- Nothing new

CBurg Target - Remnants of W3 deluxe

Cburg K-Mart - crap on a stick

jobare1
06-10-2005, 09:37 PM
Doesn't look like a whole lot is going on in the area.

Potomac Mills W-M: Finally restocked. Too bad it was nothing above #44. On a good note, they had quite a few Royal Guards. Must have counted at least 5 reds & 8 blues. Picked up a red.

Pot Mills Target: nothing new. I did find an Anakin w/ the pink lightsaber variation (?) but the hook on the card was torn.

Pot Mills TRU: finally restocked, but it doesn't look like anything above #36. Saw my first Vaders in quite a while. He sure seems to be popular lately.

Dale City KMart: nothing.

Still looking for 45-47, but no big hurry. It does look like I've missed my chance at finding the blue saber Palpatine.

Kidhuman
06-11-2005, 01:29 AM
Went hunting today, didnt find anything over 44. AT Cburg Target, they went in the back to look and while the lady was in the back, a scalper came in and waited for her to bring the stuff out. SHe bought one case of 41-44 and I took em and we walked off peeved. Left 42-44 and took the clone. ALso bought another 41 tonight in Radford WM, they had plenty of 42-44 there when I left. STill no signs of Tarkin or Wave 3 deluxes here yet. Princeton WM had nothing either

UKWildcat
06-11-2005, 02:16 AM
Whats up somewhat locals?

I went to the Patrick Henry Mall in Newport News today and they had some Sneak Preview Wookies there. Not sure if you have those or not, but today was the first time I had ever seen them so I picked up a couple, since they were 2 for $12 at KB Toys. I have never seen any of the Sneak Previews so I thought I'd chime in. There are still a few SP Wookies left too. Other than that the pegs at the Wal-Mart, Target and TRU was riddled with the peg warmers, Palpatine red, etc...:o

Take care fellas!

Slicker
06-11-2005, 03:17 AM
Good to have another collector searching the area. I live in Va Beach and my main stores that I go to are: Lynnhaven TRU and WM, First Colonial Target, and Nimmo Rd. WM.

Welcome aboard.