PDA

View Full Version : VA/DC/MD Finds

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

A.J.
02-06-2003, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Did you find them at a TRU or Wal-Mart?

Oops! Sorry. It was at Walmart and they only got 1 case as far as I could tell.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-06-2003, 05:28 PM
Tysons TRU had nothing but clogged pegs of Pilot Padme and Ki-Adi. :frus:

jonthejedi
02-07-2003, 05:52 AM
Yeah, it's pretty bad when my local WalMart has nothing but Dexter Jetser & Geo. warrior on the pegs. C'mon people...time to refresh that inventory. Their employees tell me there's lack of interest...yet they sell out of everything new in minutes. Makes perfect sense. I have always collected the 12" as well as 3 3/4" figures as far back as 1978, but when I saw the 12" line with Han & Lando Skiff pictures...it scared the %*&@ out of me to continue. Now I'm afraid to hunt down the Anakin wave. Has anyone spotted the 12" Boush/Carbonite block Toys R Us exclusive? Hasbro seems to do better on aliens & droids in that larger scale.

mtriv73
02-07-2003, 09:11 AM
I saw the new lego Mini-figs at Wal-mart last night in Frederick. The AT-ST looks good, but I think I'll pass for now and start saving for a star destroyer. No more new 3-3/4" figures were out at either WM or TRU.

Fixer
02-07-2003, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by jonthejedi
but when I saw the 12" line with Han & Lando Skiff pictures...it scared the %*&@ out of me to continue.

I thought the Lando Skiff looked pretty good, at least with his helmet on.

I've been scouring the Springfield area for the past several weeks to no avail. I did buy some Star Wars valentines though! Woo hoo!

Fixer
02-07-2003, 12:42 PM
Well, I finally found something new - the Anakin/Padme/Geo 12" wave at the Kingstowne/Springfield TRU. Are they really using Realscan for these things?? Anyway the Geo Warrior is cool.

jonthejedi
02-07-2003, 01:08 PM
I usually don't open my Star Wars stuff...I wish they would go back to having the helmets & caps packaged _on_ the figures. I agree Fixer...the Skiff Guard costume itself is *****in'...but the prototype faces of Han & Lando I saw were awful. Speaking of 12"...Toys R Us Glen Burnie & Columbia(which had more) had Geo.
warrior(Best), Padme & Anakin(which does feature a removable robot arm & 2 lightsabers). Looks clear that somebody's buying them. Finances have forced me to be more discriminating...especially when I saw 12" Zam for 10.00. I got burnt on Ki-Adi from fan club...should have waited since Wizards store had for considerably less. Looking forward to 12" Boush & light-up carbonite block, though.

Fixer
02-07-2003, 01:58 PM
^^Understood. Someday, I'm planning on opening all my 12" figs, I've got nearly all of them to date, and the few I have opened are much better out of the package than in. But yes, 9 times out of 10 the head sculpts on the humans are just unbelievably bad. And what they're doing with the female figures is appaling.

I too was bummed when I saw Ki for, what was it, 5 or 6 bucks. But, I've waited on things and seen them sell out and end up at crazy Ebay prices, and I've bought things at full price, only to see them wind up selling for super cheap. In the end, I buy things when I see them, and just tell myself that it all balances out.

A delusion, I know, but hey, at least it's my delusion. :)

mm74md
02-08-2003, 04:29 PM
Hagerstown TRU has the 12" Leia with Carbonite Block. Very, very nice, but I'm not spending $40 for it. They had 3 in stock today. Nothing else new. Same with the KB Toys in the Valley Mall.

jonthejedi
02-09-2003, 06:34 AM
Thanks mm74md...that's one I want. I'll check my local Toys R Us.
Is the carbonite block sculpted in Han's likeness...or just lights up with his visage?????

mm74md
02-10-2003, 02:47 PM
Are we permitted to post items for trade in this "Local" Just Found forum? I've posted one in the trading section, but I'd like to trade with someone local to me.

Is this considered SPAM :confused: ?

Item I Have For Trade (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17676)

mm74md
02-10-2003, 02:51 PM

Is the carbonite block sculpted in Han's likeness...or just lights up with his visage?????

It's just a plain block that lights up with his body. Hope that's helpful!

jonthejedi
02-11-2003, 05:56 AM
Speak of the devil..the Glen Burnie Toys R Us got the 12" Leia & carbonite block in yesterday...but I think I'll wait as well...I don't think it's worth $40. I'm putting my $$$ towards new 3 3/4" figs.
How about all these repacks(see news). How do you guys feel?

mtriv73
02-11-2003, 07:40 AM
Wal-mart on 26 in frederick had the deluxe clone trooper last night for the first time. I bought it several months ago at target though. In response to jonthejedi and the repacks, I no longer feel like I'll be a completist and get one of every figure. It's going to take more than a new accessory or two to get me to buy a figure I already have. I realize that reusing old molds is cheaper than creating new figures, but if we don't buy them then Hasbro is not going to make money.

Fixer
02-11-2003, 07:45 AM
Speak of the devil..the Glen Burnie Toys R Us got the 12" Leia & carbonite block in yesterday...but I think I'll wait as well...I don't think it's worth $40. I'm putting my $$$ towards new 3 3/4" figs.
How about all these repacks(see news). How do you guys feel?

Meh. Judging from the pix at starwars.com, it looks like we're getting cantina Han & Freeze Frame (!) Leia. I can't quite tell about the 3PO, but it looks a bit like the Flashback one. Considering the amount of time these figures stunk up the pegs originally, I have no real interest, unless they come with some very cool new accessories. Just as long as they don't interfere with the release of some of the very cool stuff on some of the rumor lists (e.g. Jabba's Palace 3PO).

Oh, and I found the Leia & Han block at Springfield TRU.

jonthejedi
02-11-2003, 09:18 AM
As of 10 AM Tues.(today), the north Glen Burnie WalMart(chesapeake ctr.) just put out a new '03 case assortment:this includes clone trooper pilot, the yoda high council & destroyer droid figs...and alas only Darth Tyrannus Geo. Escape & Obi Acklay figures from 2003. No Mace, droids or Padme in this assortment. It was actually a nice Hasbro field merchandiser who
opened them for me. I have them all...but for you other collectors...happy hunting!!! I mentioned the mass merchants need to seriouslly refresh their Star Wars figures...and send back those '02 peg warmers.

mtriv73
02-11-2003, 04:56 PM
Has anyone around here who ordered the shuttle gotten it in yet? Just curious.

A.J.
02-11-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by mtriv73
Has anyone around here who ordered the shuttle gotten it in yet? Just curious.
I got my shuttle last week. I had ordered it through the catalogue after Christmas. I completely forgot that I had reserved one through the store in PA, so if anyone is in need...
It's really well done. The wing sections seem different from the vintage, but I haven't done a side by side comparison.

skyward72
02-12-2003, 12:35 PM
I got my shuttle yesterday. You should see it soon.

Rogue II
02-12-2003, 01:07 PM
In case anyone needs it, the Episode 1 Visual Dictionary is $4.99 at Borders.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-12-2003, 06:12 PM
Went to the KB Toyworks in Arlington and noticed the basic figures are up to $5.99 and they're all peg warmers...

A.J.
02-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Target Westminster had a case of the Padme/Eeth Koth/Teebo/Imp. Officer/Rebel Trooper (balck hair) at 6:00 pm this evening. They still had at least one (or two) of each when I left.

sparkytheclown
02-12-2003, 09:21 PM
the tru in glen burnie had the 12" padme and robo arm anakin, also the 12" han solo/leia in carb. two pack

TheBigSloppy
02-12-2003, 11:12 PM
A.J.
I AM DEFINITELY in need of the Shuttle!!! I would gladly take you up on the offer. Would this mean I have to go to Pa. to get it (if you are still offering)?

-t

mm74md
02-13-2003, 08:40 AM
Target Ellicott City Had the new Padme wave in. I picked up 1 Padme & they were out of the Library Droids & Tusken Raiders. I passed on Eeth Koth, Teebo, & the Rebel Trooper. They had 1 of each left.

A.J.
02-13-2003, 09:46 AM
Originally posted by TheBigSloppy
A.J.
I AM DEFINITELY in need of the Shuttle!!! I would gladly take you up on the offer.

I sent you a Private Message regarding this, BigSloppy.

jonthejedi
02-13-2003, 11:45 AM
North Glen Burnie WalMart(Chesapeake Ctr. off Rt. 2) had more Darth Tyrannus Geo. Escape & Obi-Wan Acklay Attack as of 12 noon today(Thurs.) if anyone wants to make the trek. Columbia Target had one Eeth Koth on new blue card, but that was it. I missed out on the others, I guess.

jonthejedi
02-14-2003, 11:15 AM
On a more bizarre note of discovery while searching for the 'o3 Padme wave...the BelAir Toys R Us on Rt. 1 had close to 30 silver 25th anniv. R2D2's on the pegs...still advertising them free with a $25 Star Wars purchase. Just F.Y.I.

mtriv73
02-14-2003, 12:44 PM
the BelAir Toys R Us on Rt. 1 had close to 30 silver 25th anniv. R2D2's on the pegs...still advertising them free with a $25 Star Wars purchase. Just F.Y.I.

They must have found a case somewhere that had been overlooked. Wish I could get there. I'd like to get another one to open and put his legs on the right way.

Target in Frederick had the Eeth Koth wave last night (actually, he was the only one left from the entire wave.)

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
02-14-2003, 07:11 PM
Tysons TRU had the 12" Han and Leia

sparkytheclown
02-16-2003, 08:01 AM
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm snow

Rogue II
02-16-2003, 09:14 AM
Yeah, just a little. We were going to go to Target yesterday, but we decided not to.

skyward72
02-16-2003, 09:21 AM
I can't even see my car.

mtriv73
02-17-2003, 12:43 AM
I live within walking distance of a wal-mart, but even I'm not that dedicated a fan of the figures. I had to go into my lab this morning to check on some experiments and wasn't sure I'd get back. I haven't seen this much snow in years. Incidentally, the walmart on 26 had the new padme wave as of saturday. I have both saga Rebel fleet trooper variations, but I still haven't seen any other new figures (e.g. Obiwan, Aayla).

jonthejedi
02-17-2003, 04:39 AM
Likewise, I'm been checking Target daily for Padme wave...but not today...or tomorrow. Well, there's always the internet!

mm74md
02-19-2003, 08:17 AM
Has anybody ventured out lately? Anything new? I haven't been out hunting since Friday!

jonthejedi
02-19-2003, 03:19 PM
I was out yesterday & today to the usual haunts...Target, WalMart & Toys R Us...nothing!!!!I don't believe trucks even got in and out much. The Targets & northwestern WalMarts it seems are on a different(DC) delivery route...which is why when I check Glen Burnie, Columbia, Laurel & Bowie...sometimes in the same day...I find zilcho. There's no pattern here. The Columbia Greatland Target had 1 blue saga EEth Koth, which was evidence enough that they got the Padme wave..but it appears the other Targets didn't. Do they order individually? I don't know? I got the Darth T. & Obi Acklay batle weeks ago...and have seen nothing since...except for new 12" & more of the above two. The other WalMart at the other end of Glen Burnie didn't even appear to got the shipments with the above two. It's very frustrating!!!!

skyward72
02-19-2003, 03:48 PM
Everything probably won't get back to normal till sometime next week.

jonthejedi
02-20-2003, 10:37 AM
Well Virginia, there is an action figure god after all. Went to Target Glen Burnie(Rt 3/Crain Hwy) today(Thurs). They had Darth Tyrannus Geo. Escape & Obi Acklay battle...which I already had! On a hunch, I had a real nice lady/employee scan collection 2(Padme wave) barcode. It indicated a "bin location" . 7 min. later she returned with a collection 2/'03 mint box. It just goes to show you...ask! There might be more in the back! There is 1 of each left...with the exception of research droids 2-pack...only 1 per case...for now! Happy hunting!

mtriv73
02-21-2003, 10:58 AM
I called FAO at Tysons last night and they said they have not received any Shuttles yet. Did anyone else who got theirs order from Tyson's FAO? (I'm wondering if the sales girl knew what she was talking about or just wanted me to go away.)

skyward72
02-21-2003, 01:25 PM
The one I got came from the VA distribution facility. I'don't remeber where I placed the order, it was so long ago.

Jedikmg
02-21-2003, 11:01 PM
I also placed an order at the Tyson's FAO and still haven't recieved mine.

mtriv73
02-22-2003, 08:49 PM
Thanks guys for the shuttle info guys. I got my sandtrooper set from EE today. They're pretty sweet. I also picked up the "new" yoda finally. The wal-mart nearest me fianlly got the clone trooper pilots, destroyer droids, and yoda last night. If anyone still needs clone trooper pilots let me know soon and I'll see what I can do (at cost and no more, of course.) They had a ton of the pilots but very few of the other figs.

Rogue II
02-23-2003, 10:04 AM
Well, I won't be giving any reports on the Lanham TRU anytime soon. The news said that the roof collapsed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A50579-2003Feb22.html

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A50150-2003Feb22.html

EDIT - Walmart next to Arundel Mills Mall has 6-8 Saga TIE Bombers.

sparkytheclown
02-25-2003, 02:35 PM
boy, not much going on

Rogue II
02-25-2003, 07:07 PM
You're right. I haven't been hunting for figures much lately, and when I do go, there is rarely anything to report.

Are any of you guys the "Star Wars Guy" or "Hoss" that called in to DC101 this morning?

mm74md
02-25-2003, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by sparkytheclown
boy, not much going on

Really!!! Unless you count the $.99 Queen Amidala 12" figures at the KB Toys in Arundel Mills :rolleyes:

I actually got SP-4 & JN-66 off of Toys R Us.com this weekend along with an extra Padme Factory Chase for me to swap heads with the Arena Padme. I know they are $6.99 online, but I got the Saga Landspeeder finally too for $14.99. Plus, it saves me time & gas money!!!

I also finally scored Ephant Mon via a trade here on SSG :D The guy said the card was bent...but just a little crease! I'm so happy now :crazed:

jonthejedi
02-26-2003, 06:35 AM
I'm right there with m74md on the gas notation. I'll consider paying $6 & change to order figures off internet. When the stores get figs., they seem to get 1 box...and if you're not there within a half hour...well, you know the story. Crain Hwy(Rt. 3) WalMart had several blue saga tie bombers for $20 yesterday!!!!

mm74md
02-26-2003, 07:09 AM
Crain Hwy(Rt. 3) WalMart had several blue saga tie bombers for $20 yesterday!!!!

Shoot. I normally stop there when I'm in the office (Annapolis). But I opted for KB in Arundel Mills. I've been waiting to find those things for $20!!!

Fixer
02-26-2003, 09:48 AM
Yep, it's been reallllly slow - except for my lucky strike at Potomac Mills Target a couple weeks ago. I guess I'm going to have to Ebay the Holiday 2 - pack and Trash Compactor sets. Fortunately TIE bombers are a little more plentiful.

I've really given some thought to the Kebco "one of every figure club" but since I'm an opener, quality of paint deco is important (as anyone with a Padme with a misplaced mole can attest to) - I really like to pick out the figs myself. So for now, I'll continue to hunt.

jonthejedi
02-26-2003, 10:09 AM
mm74md....was just at Crain Hwy. WalMart(10 am/Wed)...2 blue saga tie bombers still there for $20 @. I agree w/Fixer...Kebco has reasonable prices...but you're at the mercy of who picks 'em out for you.

Major Karr
02-26-2003, 07:33 PM
After finding nothing yesterday at Target/TRU/WM in Springfield, or the Target in Potomac Yard, I found today at the Target in Gaithersburg Obi-Wan and Tyranus. The also finally had Yoda, DD, and Clonetrooper. I found a Padme in Nashville 1 1/2 weeks ago, but screwed up getting the Trooper, Imperial and Eeth, thought I had them already. D'oh! The Target/WM in Germantown had nothing.

sparkytheclown
03-01-2003, 10:26 PM
today i found the droid 2-pack and padme at the target in columbia today

sparkytheclown
03-02-2003, 01:46 AM
is the new mace part of this wave

jonthejedi
03-02-2003, 07:57 AM
No he's not...I saw a mint box opened. He's part of collection 1.

mm74md
03-03-2003, 05:27 PM
An Odd Find....

I had to pick up medicine for my newborn at my local Rite Aid. While walking to the register I saw multiple Clone Trooper Pilots, "New" Yodas, & Destroyer Droid sfor $7.99 a piece!

To top it off, I dug a little deeper and they have a few POTF2 figures for $7.99 each as well.

So if you find yourself at your local Rite Aid, stop by the Toy Aisle to see if you find a surprise!

I would have $hit myself if they had Ephant Mon!!!!!!!

:sur:

mm74md
03-03-2003, 05:34 PM
Almost forgot....

The KB in Hagerstown has the entire set of Playskool Star Wars sets

mtriv73
03-04-2003, 07:52 AM
I love the Clerks quote mm74md. The clone trooper pilot wave has been showing up at the Wal-mart on 26 in Frederick too. If you need some I can get them for you for $4.86 which is a lot better than $7.99. The other Wal-mart just off 70 has nothing but Orn fre ta, Han Endor, and Palpatine. From the looks of the hole in target's star wars display, they are getting new things in and selling out pretty fast. I still haven't found Aayla yet. Has anyone seen the blonde imperial officer?

mm74md
03-04-2003, 01:20 PM
Just got off the phone with FAO in Tysons. I broke down & bought the Imperial Shuttle. They lady I spoke with told me that had "a few" left after people gave up waiting for them for over a year! Lucky me! So if you didn't pick one up give them a call at 703.917.9600 before they are all gone!

The sucky thing is I have to drive all the way to McLean to get it! What ever happened to the Towson FAO?

Oh well, from what I've read about them it will be all worth it!

mtriv73
03-04-2003, 04:25 PM
Maybe my Shuttle will come in now! Sweet. I never thought they would get them in.

sparkytheclown
03-04-2003, 04:58 PM
they had the new obi and dooku at the target in glen burnie today, still plenty left also are the new speeder bikes store exclusives?

Major Karr
03-04-2003, 05:18 PM
Went on a big search today and found absolutely nothing new, just the same stuff from the last year

Waldorf - Target, TRU and WM
Clinton - WM, TRU and Kmart
Springfield - WM, TRU and Target
Potomac Yard - Target
Annandale - Kmart
Bailey's XRoad - TRU
Seven Corners - KB and Target
Landmark - KB

What a waste of time.

mm74md
03-04-2003, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by sparkytheclown
...target in glen burnie today, still plenty left also are the new speeder bikes store exclusives?

Which Speeders? The Anakin & Dooku ones?

mm74md
03-04-2003, 05:37 PM
Ben told Luke while leaving Yoda in ESB: "PATIENCE!!!"

I'm glad I waited...

Mt. Airy Wal Mart

Saga Tie Bomber for just $15!!! They had 1 left this evening and it's not in the Star Wars section. I found them by the Fisher Price stuff????

jonthejedi
03-07-2003, 11:23 AM
Crain hwy. Target got another box of '03 collection 2, wave 1. Some tusken raiders, teebo, rebel trooper & eeth koth left...no padme conveyor belt or research droid 2-pack left.

mtriv73
03-07-2003, 04:15 PM
Target in Frederick has had the new Speeder bikes in. There was a spot on the shelf and a tag for them, but it looks like I got there too late. Nothing new at Toys R us.

Jedikmg
03-07-2003, 05:43 PM
What speeder bike is this? a 12 inch?

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-07-2003, 07:52 PM
Tysons TRU still has nothing new...:(

Major Karr
03-07-2003, 11:02 PM
The Germantown Target had both speeder bikes, but the Anakin ones were beat up so I only took the Tyranus version. They also had some Rebel Troopers (blond). The Gaithersburg Target had Teebo (beat up) Rebel Trooper (black) beat up, Padme and Eeth.

Rogue II
03-08-2003, 01:19 PM
The Clinton Walmart had 1 Clone w/ speederbike and a couple deluxe Geonosians. They also have the following on clearance:
Jedi Starfighter ($10)
12" Imp Officer, Zam, and others
Legos:
Vader: $10? (I think)
R2-D2: $7
Yoda: $55
C-3PO, Jango Fett, and the Stormtrooper were also on clearance.

I picked up the Lego Final Duel sets (Luke/officer/Stormtrooper and Vader/Palpatine). they were marked $3, but they rang up as $1. Woo hoo!

The Clinton TRU had 12" Leia w/ Han Carbonite, 12" Obi-Wan, 1 Saga X-Wing, and the rest were the usual pegwarmers. In their clearance aisle, they had Mos Espa Encounter Cinema Scenes, Darth Maul w/ Speeder, POTJ Jar Jar, 12" 4-LOM and Slave Leia, and Anakin's Podracer.

I didn't even waste my time going into Clinton K-Mart.

jonthejedi
03-09-2003, 05:52 AM
Columbia Target still had 1 conveyor belt Padme, New Tusken & others yesterday(Sat.)

Fixer
03-09-2003, 08:26 PM
Potomac Mills Target had the Anakin/Dooku speeders - got the last ones. Obi-Wan Acklay & Dooku Escape @ Fair Lakes Target.

jonthejedi
03-11-2003, 10:24 AM
Columbia Target got Anakin & Darth T. speeder/swoop bike sets in. 1 of each left as of Tues. 10 am. Nothing at Targets in Glen Burnie & Laurel locations.

mtriv73
03-14-2003, 07:10 AM
I finally got my shuttle:D No new figs around these parts though.

skyward72
03-14-2003, 10:55 AM
Target in Glen Burnie has 12" figs for $13.83. Zam, Dooku & Super Battle Droid

jonthejedi
03-15-2003, 08:36 AM
Best buy on those 12" right now is Kay Bee Toys...9.99 if you can find good ones!

jonthejedi
03-16-2003, 05:16 AM
Crain hwy(rt. 3) Glen Burnie South WalMart got in more deluxe Yoda/Super battle droid & C3P0/assembly line sets. Also turned up clone trooper w/speeder bike. Target seems to be the only retailer getting in any '03 collection figures.

mm74md
03-16-2003, 10:42 AM
Target seems to be the only retailer getting in any '03 collection figures.

That seems to be true. Especially in the city. Up here in the sticks I've found equal amount of new figures at Target & Wal-Mart. But it has been very dry lately.

mm74md
03-16-2003, 10:46 AM
Also, for those in Mont. County...

What's up with

a) TRU in Gaithersburg with the POTF2 Chewie 12" for original retail?!?!?! They had a ton of Saga Landspeeders for original retail while TRU.com has them at $14.99.

and

b) The Germantown Wal-Mart's return policy? I saw many figures returned with a terrible repackage job with lightsabers & weapons missing!!!

Rogue II
03-16-2003, 04:00 PM
Bowie Target: Lots of Deluxe Geonosians. Basic Figures were mostly Lott Dodd, Watto, and Royal Guard wave.

Bowie Walmart: Lots of Super Battle Droids. Nothing newer than that.

Bowie KB Toyworks: Nothing special

Largo Target: 2 Dooku w/ Speeder, 1 Anakin w/ Speeder. All accessory packs except for Endor, Some Deluxe Geonosians.

--Both Targets had 12" Dooku, Zam Wessel, and Super Battledroid for $13.88

jonthejedi
03-17-2003, 09:54 AM
...the new speeder bikes are the ONLY new things I've seen anywhere. I did pick up a 12" Dooku at KayBee to open for 9.99,

mm74md
03-17-2003, 10:03 AM
...the new speeder bikes are the ONLY new things I've seen anywhere.

I still haven't seen those. Just empty shelves where they would sit!

mm74md
03-18-2003, 09:42 AM
The only "new" thing I saw this morning on the way to work was the Ellicott City Target had 1 Obi-Wan Acklay & 2 or 3 Darth Tyranus.

An odd thing I saw was the location for "speeders" was filled with old Anakin & Zam speeders at this store. I was kind of expecting to see the new speeder bikes in this area.

mm74md
03-18-2003, 11:33 AM
I forgot to mention that the Arundel Mills Wal Mart had the new Action Fleet Slave 1, Republic Gun Ship, & Republic Assault Ship in stock.

jonthejedi
03-20-2003, 09:47 AM
Crain highway(Rt. 3) Glen Burnie Target got Ephant Mon wave in today. They had 2 left as of 9:30 AM this morning(THursday). If anyone needs one...call, they may hold at Guest Services.

mm74md
03-21-2003, 10:10 AM
Crain highway(Rt. 3) Glen Burnie Target got Ephant Mon wave in today. They had 2 left as of 9:30 AM this morning(THursday). If anyone needs one...call, they may hold at Guest Services.

jonthejedi, the Force is always with you in Glen Burnie. Anytime I stop at that Target they have squat!

mm74md
03-21-2003, 05:19 PM
Finally something new (for me at least)

Frederick Target 5:00 PM

Anakin w/Speeder (2 left)
Dooku w/Speeder (6 left)

Hey mtriv73

I picked out 1 of each for you and hid them in case the others sell out. Check your PM for the location :D

A.J.
03-21-2003, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by mm74md
Finally something new (for me at least)

Frederick Target 5:00 PM

Anakin w/Speeder (2 left)
Dooku w/Speeder (6 left)

The same at Target Westminster, except 3 of each. 2 Dookus after I left... passed on the craptacular Anakin.

jonthejedi
03-22-2003, 05:21 AM
mm74md....not as much "force" in glen burnie as we would like!
I had luckily scored Ephant at Toys R Us months ago. Never saw anywhere else until this week at Target. I'd sure like to know if anyone's carrying '03 figures...where is Aayla Secura and all the rest...it's practically April! I don't understand the mass merchants...they get 1 box in of new figs...sell out...and then it's 2 mos. before anything new comes out. The speeder bike sets at Target were at least something...but of course Glen Burnie hasn't gotten them in yet!

jonthejedi
03-22-2003, 05:25 AM
Regarding speeder bike sets...I thought "Owen Lars"(technically it's his bike, right?) speeder came out great....but they've really got to do something with Anakin's facial expressions!!!!???!!!

jonthejedi
03-24-2003, 08:56 AM
Mon. 3/24...as of 9 AM today...still 2 Ephant Mons & 1 clean-shaven endor rebel trooper on the pegs at Glen Burnie Target...if anyone still needs!

mm74md
03-25-2003, 07:23 AM
Mon. 3/24...as of 9 AM today...still 2 Ephant Mons...

Thanks jonthejedi. I picked up one to open!

Fixer
03-26-2003, 08:04 AM
KB Springfield Mall got in a bunch of Yoda and C3PO deluxe sets if you missed them the first time or want an extra. No sign of 03 figs.

mm74md
03-26-2003, 11:45 AM
Sorry - Off Subject A Bit

Any collectors out there want to start a collectors club? Nothing too geeky. Just something fun to do. Mostly an excuse to get out of the house, away from the wife & kids, see some cool collections, and drink some beers!

I'm in Washington County (MD) & looking for collectors near me (i.e. Frederick Co, Washington Co, East WV, So Central PA, etc...)

This is just a thought. If interested PM me.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
03-26-2003, 07:42 PM
Nothing new at the Tysons Corner TRU. The Star Wars section has been replaced by Hulk figures. SW figures now take up half of the WWE section...

mtriv73
03-28-2003, 07:13 AM
First the bad news: I haven't seen a new figure in Frederick in weeks.
Now the good news: The stockpiles of pegwarmers seem to be really depleted at TRU, Target, and the Wal-mart on 26. (especially at Wal-mart, they either sent some figures back or somebody really wanted a bunch of Han Solo Endor and Padme Pilot.) It looks like they have room to get new stuff in now.

Rogue II
03-28-2003, 07:16 AM
I stopped by the KB Toys in Pentagon City Mall yesterday. They had Deluxe Yoda and C-3POs.

Major Karr
03-28-2003, 01:55 PM
Potomac Mills (TRU, WM and Target) had nothing new.
The WM at Kingstowne had a few things - Secret Anakin, flying R2, Tyranus and Obi. I got the last R2 and Ani, but they weren't exactly mint.
I did notice some overstock stuff, so I reached up and found an Ephant with a dinged corner. I found mine in November, so I went to put it back. It slipped behind the shelf and is now residing behind the 4 pink Carebears on the otherside if anyone wants it.

Fixer
03-28-2003, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by Major Karr
Potomac Mills (TRU, WM and Target) had nothing new.
The WM at Kingstowne had a few things - Secret Anakin, flying R2, Tyranus and Obi. I got the last R2 and Ani, but they weren't exactly mint.
I did notice some overstock stuff, so I reached up and found an Ephant with a dinged corner. I found mine in November, so I went to put it back. It slipped behind the shelf and is now residing behind the 4 pink Carebears on the otherside if anyone wants it.

Hey Major Karr , I think I was at that Wal-Mart shortly before you. I got the last Boba "Carkoon" & Mace "Total Control." Somehow I missed Secret Anakin (I guess that's why he's so "secret" ;) ) Kudos on finding the Ephant. That Wal-Mart has been bone dry for months, I can't believe they're finally putting out new product.

mm74md
03-28-2003, 06:01 PM
Stopped at the Mt. Airy Wal Mart on the way home from work. To my surprise, they had the Aayla Secura wave. Sadly, no Aayla Secura or Barriss Offee. However, I did score the Blonde Imperial Officer & Lama Su.

They had 2 Rebel Troopers, 1 each of Chase Padme, Sandpeople, and SP-4 & JN-66 plus all the other peg warmers.

jonthejedi
04-01-2003, 05:49 AM
Checked Targets & WalMarts in Laurel, Columbia & Glen Burnie areas. Nuthin'!!!!???+++### Anyone else having collector's withdrawal after seeing all these carded images?

mtriv73
04-03-2003, 08:52 AM
I found the new action fleet vehicles (slave I, republic gunship, and transport thingy) at wal-mart yesterday in Frederick. I don't collect these, but I'm tempted to get the gunship anyway. It looks fantastic. No new figures to report, but the pegs are sitting pretty empty so they should restock soon.

jonthejedi
04-04-2003, 01:00 PM
Arundel Mills WalMart still has blue saga tie bombers if anyone needs...and that's about it...no new figures anywhere!

mm74md
04-04-2003, 01:07 PM
Arundel Mills WalMart still has blue saga tie bombers if anyone needs...and that's about it...no new figures anywhere!

Were they $29 or on clearance? My son loves "ours" so much I want to get one just for him to beat up for his birthday!

mm74md
04-04-2003, 02:18 PM
Has anyone seen Luke Bacta Tank for $5 or less anywhere? I'd like to pick one up. Any help would be great!

skyward72
04-04-2003, 03:01 PM
The Tie Bombers at the Arundel Mills Walmart are still $29.

mtriv73
04-05-2003, 09:21 AM
In case you miss it elsewhere, KBkids.com has the Saga TIE Fighter available for preorder. Do a search for TIE Fighter, it isn't listed under Star Wars. Also look for the thread in the saga section before you order, it has a $5.00 off coupon which will just about cover shipping.

mm74md
04-05-2003, 09:41 AM
Thanks mtriv73. Mine is preordered. Don't forget to preorder your 12" Gamorrean Guard & use the same coupon CEREALTOY for that one too!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-06-2003, 09:35 PM
Star Wars figures are practically non-existant at the Fair Lakes Wal-Mart. Only about 7 on the pegs... :(

skyward72
04-06-2003, 09:39 PM
I noticed this trend in quite a few Walmarts. Should mean new figs are on the way soon. Hopefully this week!

jonthejedi
04-09-2003, 05:11 AM
Picked up anakin secret ceremony, "flying" R2, boba fett pit of carkoon & mace windu arena confrontation at WalMart Chesapeake Ctr.(North Glen Burnie). Sorry, none left now. Told Hasbro merchandiser who happened to be there they need to tell the retailers to bring in more than 1 box of new figures.

sparkytheclown
04-09-2003, 06:55 PM
i found a moc Ephant Mon at the tru in columbia today at 6:00pm, i already got one so i hid him behind the x-wings on the second shelf

skyward72
04-10-2003, 11:30 AM
Thanks for the tip Sparky, I was able to grab the Elphant Mon at lunch. Another hole filled.

mm74md
04-10-2003, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by skyward72
Thanks for the tip Sparky, I was able to grab the Elphant Mon at lunch. Another hole filled.

It's nice to see that we are all finding Ephant Mon now! It took months, but he's here!

Kevin Gianotto
04-10-2003, 01:00 PM
Has anyone at all found Barriss, Aayla and Lama Su? I'm nervous I may have missed 'em.

mm74md
04-10-2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Kevin Gianotto
Has anyone at all found Barriss, Aayla and Lama Su? I'm nervous I may have missed 'em.

I saw the wave at the Mt. Airy, MD Wal-Mart about 2 weeks ago. I was only able to get Lama Su!

mm74md
04-11-2003, 03:41 PM
Mt. Airy Wal Mart comes through again. It's my secret haven!!!

Boba Fett - Pit Of Carkoon Wave was there today. Picked up Boba & Ani, passed on R2 (Blah) & Mace Windu (Blah). 1 of each were there this morning (4/11 around 8:00am)

skyward72
04-11-2003, 09:09 PM
The Walmart Mt Airy was cleaned out as of this evening. Nothing at the Walmart in Frederick either, although they had the new wave of action fleet and the Ultimate Jango Fett 12" for $21.00.

mm74md
04-13-2003, 04:54 PM
Hagerstown Wal Mart had the Acklay Obi-Wan & Boba Fett waves in today. I broke down & got the new Mace just because I did the price match from the Target flyer (2 for $5) when I picked up another Ani Secret Ceremony for my son. So I kinda got him for free :happy:

This was around 1:00 today. They had most of the figures except for Boba Fett. And only 3 Jango Pilots!:D

mtriv73
04-14-2003, 08:13 AM
The "other" wal-mart in Frederick (on route 26) has a ton of peg-warmers. If anyone needs an army of wattos or Lott Dodds it's the place to go. I picked up a couple of figures yesterday for making customs. You have to love price matching, Thanks Target.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-14-2003, 09:54 PM
:( Still havn't seen any of the 2003 figures yet...

jonthejedi
04-15-2003, 06:40 AM
I've had to check WalMarts & Targets in the AM, & PM daily just to nab what few '03 figures I have. Heck of a way to spend your day, but it is my hobby. When I see Hasbro merchandisers there, I make them go check "upstairs" or in the back for more Star Wars figs. That's how I got the new Boba Fett wave. The bad news as I reported earlier is...they seem to be getting 1 case, & we know that's not enough for the collectors in each area. Put the pressure on Hasbro to get rid of the peg warmers. Have Target employees scan the barcodes in section for bin locations. That's how I nabbed the rare library droids 2-pack(only 1 in box).

Rogue II
04-15-2003, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by Hasbro'sBountyHunter
:( Still havn't seen any of the 2003 figures yet...

You're not the only one. I'm about to give up and just order them from Kebco.

I went by Landover and Bowie Targets this weekend. Nothing worthwhile. Bowie Walmart had the Jedi Council Yoda, some Clone Pilots, and Destroyer droids. Bowie KB Toyworks had a bunch of the 4-packs for $10, and if you need to build you battledroid army, get over there...50% off.

I did get excited for a second while I was in Walmart. I was going through the pegs and saw Boba Fett burried way in the back. I pulled it out and it was the Episode 2 version.:mad:

Fixer
04-16-2003, 12:10 PM
R2, Mace, Boba, Obi, Dooku are at the Prince William Parkway Walmart. Also new Action Fleet Gunship & Slave 1.

skyward72
04-17-2003, 07:51 PM
Found Yoda's Light Saber in the Target in Frederick. I believe they were on sale for $17.99.

Rogue II
04-17-2003, 09:40 PM
Bowie KB outlet has deluxe C-3PO and Deluxe Yoda for $5.

Pentagon City KB had Deluxe C-3PO and Yoda at regular price.

I gave in and ordered Luke, Vader, Snowtrooper, Tusken Raider, Rebel Trooper, Imp Officer, and Boba Fett from Kebco. Only cost $49 with shipping. Now I need to find Hoth Han and Chewbacca.

jonthejedi
04-18-2003, 06:41 AM
You may be waiting longer than you think...since you got your order in just now. They will fill their "1 of every figure" orders first, then the prebooks, and those will be prioritized by date. I feel your frustration of the lack of '03 figures at retail level. Hang in there! With Target clearing their pegs with the 2 for 5.00 sale...it's only a matter of time! F.Y.I...North Glen Burnie WalMart(Ches. Ctr.) has new action fleet vehicles.

aceguide
04-18-2003, 04:21 PM
You all seem to have all the luyck in NOVA. Nothing in SE VA. If anyone needs a POTJ snaggle there is a TRU down here with 5 pegs FULL of them. PM me and I will talk trade...

sparkytheclown
04-20-2003, 06:46 PM
well im finally giving up, im tired of wasting gas, im just goin to wait until i go to wizard world east there i will finish getting everything im missing.

skyward72
04-20-2003, 06:48 PM
New figs have to start to show up soon. The pegs are bare.

Rogue II
04-20-2003, 07:39 PM
All but 3 of the figures I ordered from Kebco were in stock. I also won a Saga Yoda. I don't really need it, but it's free.

I still planning on buying more Tuskens, Snowtroopers, Imp Officers, and Rebel Troopers when I see them on the pegs.

jonthejedi
04-21-2003, 07:00 AM
Target in Glen Burnie also had Yoda lightsaber for 17.99.

mtriv73
04-21-2003, 07:45 AM
I got the new Boba Fett (awesome figure), R2 (I almost didn't buy this one), Voodoo doll Mace windu (that's the first thing I thought of when I saw the huge stick in his back), Obi-acklay battle, Dooku (another great figure) and Anakin secret ceremony at Wal-Mart in Frederick this weekend. The best part is, I got them price matched.

mm74md
04-21-2003, 08:24 AM
Great score mtriv73. Glen Burnie Target had plenty of Red Battle Droids, Yoda & Padawan, 2 Padawans, Barris, Aayla, etc.

However, most of these were in the hands of a so called collector who was "getting some for my friend".

Anyway, I was able to get my hands on 1 Red Battle Droid, 1 Yoda & padawan, 1 Barriss, and 1 Aayla. I was a tad irritated that the collector had at least 2 of Ashla & Jempa :frus:

There was only 1 Yoda & Chian & 1 Blonde Imperial Officer left.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My mistake. I jokingly said "Are these for 'jonthejedi'?" not thinking he was actually getting them for you.

Sorry, I just automatically get p'd off when I see a guy carrying a bunch of doubles out of store! No offense intended to your buddy.

jonthejedi
04-21-2003, 12:41 PM
Sorry mm74md...I was the friend. He is a legit collector, as well as a very good friend, and a heck of a nice guy. He was kind enough to check today since my car's in the shop. Who knew new figures would hit so soon after the 2/$5 sale. Be careful to distinguish between collectors & scalpers. He is not the latter. There are close to 200 collectors in the MD area...most of which don't even know about Sir Steve's Guide. I have gotten to many a retailer too late...perhaps right after you or someone else. It is very frustrating right now with new figs. dripping in...1 case at a time. You'll have your shot!!

jonthejedi
04-21-2003, 12:45 PM
....and if it makes you feel any better...you have two I didn't get...the red battle droid & Bariss.

mm74md
04-21-2003, 12:53 PM
...There are close to 200 collectors in the MD area...

Maybe we should start a MD collectors club???

Anyone???....anyone???

mm74md
04-21-2003, 12:57 PM
....and if it makes you feel any better...you have two I didn't get...the red battle droid & Bariss.

:p

Just Kidding!!!

skyward72
04-21-2003, 01:45 PM
Damn. I was going to go by there this morning.

jonthejedi
04-22-2003, 05:16 AM
The problem with a club is Hasbro's just not shipping enough cases right now to meet the demand in the area. I hate to see it become " everyone for themselves," but until stock does more than trickle in....you wonderful people & your tips are better than a club. You've saved me untold gas, and generally give me a good window to hunt for figs. when things start to show up. Happily, I don't run into too many Star Wars scalpers, just guys like us in it for the love. Now Hot Wheels on the other hand...

Fixer
04-22-2003, 07:39 AM
... just guys like us in it for the love....

Awwww, now I feel all warm and fuzzy. :)

Grissom
04-23-2003, 09:31 AM
I had a feeling I would get "bad press" thanks for the back up Jon. Like I said in the store mm74md I do feel bad about it. I work up in northern MD and will keep my eyes open in some of the Wal-Marts up there, even though they are wastelands.:cry:

mm74md
04-23-2003, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Grissom
I had a feeling I would get "bad press" thanks for the back up Jon. Like I said in the store mm74md I do feel bad about it. I work up in northern MD and will keep my eyes open in some of the Wal-Marts up there, even though they are wastelands.:cry:

Man, NO WORRIES!!! Don't worry about it!!! You live in Odenton? I used to live there as well. Cute town.

mm74md
04-23-2003, 02:30 PM
Maybe we should start a MD collectors club???

Anyone???....anyone???

My thoughts are actually to get together with fellow collectors & get drunk instead of putting money together & buy cases of figures.

I can guarantee that we can pick up cases of beer

skyward72
04-23-2003, 03:42 PM
Sounds good to me!

Kevin Gianotto
04-23-2003, 04:53 PM
Count me in....

jonthejedi
04-23-2003, 08:53 PM
After 6 months of nuthin'...the WalMart in south Glen Burnie on Rt 3(Crain Hwy) must have got the Aayla Secura wave 24-48 hours ago. I scored the Barris Offee I needed, but there wasn't much left by the time I got there. Many of the WalMarts seem to be getting in the delayed "frosted" At-AT & Luke's snowspeeder micro machines action fleet. Nothing in Bowie or Laurel, either.

mtriv73
04-24-2003, 02:58 PM
I was just in TRU on my lunch break. There are no knew figures to report, but there are gaping holes in the pegs that should be filled again soon. More importantly, I actually saw a kid looking through the Star Wars toys. I was convinced that it was all adults buying this stuff.

jonthejedi
04-25-2003, 09:50 AM
Scored Hoth Han Solo & Chewbacca mynock hunt at North Glen Burnie WalMart(Chesapeake Ctr.). As of 9 AM this Friday(when I got the other two), THEY STILL had Mace arena confrontation, flying R2, secret ceremony Anakin & Boba Fett pit of carkoon...if anyone needs them!

Fixer
04-25-2003, 09:58 AM
I'm starting to really dislike you Maryland people. ;)

Rogue II
04-25-2003, 10:49 AM
It's not all of Maryland. My wife went to the Clinton Walmart and TRU and said she didn't see anything new.

By the way, I stopped by the Pentagon City Mall KB. They had some Count Dookus if you missed them the first go-around. He was even in some of the 4-packs. Also, Wizard of the Coast is getting rid of their video games. All video games are 40% off.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
04-25-2003, 11:45 AM
Tysons TRU still has none of the 2003 figures yet... :(

A.J.
04-25-2003, 01:09 PM
Hoth Han and co. at Westminster Walmart last night. Just picked up Chewie, but I wasn't able to stop this morning to see if any of the new figs were still around.

Major Karr
04-25-2003, 06:15 PM
Germantown WM had some new stuff. Got Chewie and Boba, left R2, Ani, and damaged Han and Mace. Found most of them in the overstock shelves above old igures.

jobare1
04-25-2003, 08:22 PM
Well, after taking a LONG break from collecting, I finally back. Almost got out of collecting altogether, but decided otherwise. Fixer, I'm with you. Seems like N.VA is the armpit of the DC-Metro area. Still haven't seen Barriss or Aayla. Only seen Boba wave once, which I was lucky enough to grab. Damn, I sooooooo far behind.

jonthejedi
04-26-2003, 05:44 AM
Not too far behind...hang in there! I'm searching for Lama Su...I think he's only packed 1 in a box. There was a time when I was thinking Northwest MD was getting everything, and us down near Balt. nuthin'. We're all I found out not on the same delivery route.
I questioned many WalMart people this week...certain stores are being drop shipped new figs. But no pattern prevails. You used to find 1 at a certain store, then be able to canvas the area & find the missing ones you needed. Not any more! We still have WalMarts in the area that haven't had new figs. in over 6 mos.

Grissom
04-29-2003, 08:45 AM
Just hit the Target in Glen Burnie and saw one of the clean shaven Endor Troopers packed behind some Tusken Raiders and Mastiffs. I already have it so hopefully one of you guys can get down there and grab it.

Fixer
04-29-2003, 09:14 AM
Originally posted by jobare1
Well, after taking a LONG break from collecting, I finally back. Almost got out of collecting altogether, but decided otherwise. Fixer, I'm with you. Seems like N.VA is the armpit of the DC-Metro area. Still haven't seen Barriss or Aayla. Only seen Boba wave once, which I was lucky enough to grab. Damn, I sooooooo far behind.

Welcome back jobare1! Every time you think you're out, they pull you back in...

Let me know if you're having a hard time finding anything from your "vacation" period.

TheBigSloppy
04-29-2003, 09:50 AM
JB! Man, I've been intending on emailing you to see how things were going. I was hestitant because I didn't want to intrude. But I'm glad everything is better. . .and you didn't sell your collection afterall!

There has definitely been a Star Wars drought in the region - you probably were aware of this.

Collecting has been difficut for me lately. I really haven't had the cash to shell out - but I broke down and ordered from KEBCO anyway - like others on these boards. I just couldn't wait any longer.

Does anyone know how many figures have been released this year? I am so behind. I need every fig from Collection 10 - present releases. This is just getting silly.

Well. Welcome back. Let me know if you need anything.

-t

TheBigSloppy
04-29-2003, 09:52 AM
Also. . .

I have been meaning to ask you guys if you know of any comics book/hobby shop that sells Star Wars figs? When I lived in Denver they were a dime a dozen. . .but I haven't found any here. What's the deal with this?

Peace

-t

Fixer
04-29-2003, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by TheBigSloppy
Also. . .

I have been meaning to ask you guys if you know of any comics book/hobby shop that sells Star Wars figs? When I lived in Denver they were a dime a dozen. . .but I haven't found any here. What's the deal with this?

Peace

-t

The only one I'm aware of that has a significant inventory is Phoenix Comics in Herndon (however, I haven't been there in at least a year). There aren't that many comic shops left in the area, and those that remain tend to focus on comic-related merchandise.

TheBigSloppy
04-29-2003, 11:05 AM
Thanks Fixer. Herndon, huh? I will have to look for it on a map. . .then for Phoenix Comics in the white pages. Perhaps they have a website.

jobare1
04-29-2003, 09:10 PM
Thanks guys, it's good to be back.

The only new (2003) figs that I've found are: Darth Tyranus, Acklay ObiWan, Anakin (SC), Boba Fett, Mace and flying R2. Nothing before or after those figs. Yes, I know it's sad.

What's even more sad is that I'm having surgery next Weds., having 2 vertebrae in my neck fused. Ouch. Not looking forward to it. Won't be allowed to drive for 3 weeks. So my collecting will suffer a little more. Hopefully not to much will come out during that period.

As far as a report, stopped by Pot. Mills WalMart on the way home from work and came across a POTF Tie Bomber. Still priced at $29.99. Left it there. No new figures (big suprise).

Major Karr
05-01-2003, 05:45 PM
Gaithersburg Target had some new stuff...Anakin, Boba, R2 and Mace, but I bought the Mace.

skyward72
05-01-2003, 10:02 PM
Start checking Target. Its been dead the last week in a half. I haven't seen anything.

Grissom
05-02-2003, 09:30 AM
Its been my experience though that sometimes when hitting target you must be cautious. Sometimes they don't put stuff out early in the morning but instead wait untill later in the day around 2-3 pm

jonthejedi
05-03-2003, 09:38 AM
You're right Grissom...many Target toy dept heads weary of us hitting them at 8 a.m. every day will wait till the pm to put out new inventory!

Grissom
05-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Anybody find anything new? Saw some west coast posts on the Obi-Wan and Jango deluxe sets. Initial reviews seem pretty bad. I am torn on the A-Wing Target exclusive it could go one of two ways 1) impossible to find or snag much like the Skiff and Y-Wing or 2) Ends up being marked down to half off because of product over saturation. Hasbro seems to have a problem with being able to flesh out a happy medium. I can name off a couple of exclusives that played out like this. How about the Trash Compactor scenes and holiday special for Wal-mart or better yet the snow speeder and original Bomber. What a nightmare:crazed:

mm74md
05-06-2003, 09:07 AM
Nothing! Ugh!!!

mtriv73
05-06-2003, 10:26 AM
You're right Grissom...many Target toy dept heads weary of us hitting them at 8 a.m. every day will wait till the pm to put out new inventory!

You're right and honestly I think it makes no sense. Are they scared of actually selling something? Limiting the amount each person could get with collectible items would be an annoying yet better solution. So would actually ordering more than 1 case at a time of new items. I really don't see why all the major merchandisers don't pull all the old items (read as pegwarmers) and put out new cases as soon as they come in. Then, 30 minutes later when the new stuff has disappeared, they could put the old back out in hopes of someone buying it. This would be more labor itensive, but the increase in sales would more than make up for the minimum wage they're paying some stocking person. It would also make me visit the store more often and probably pick up other things that catch my eye. It's frustrating traveling around and seeing only Teemto's and Lott Dodds. I'm desperately trying to give my money away to these stores, but they don't seem to want it.

Grissom
05-06-2003, 12:57 PM
I once encountered a Hasbro rep in Wal-mart in the middle of the morning and she had just placed two boxes of figures on the ground and was about to peg them. One of the boxes was opened, the other was still sealed, and I could see that it was the wave containing the Tusken raider camp ambush etc. I Purused through the box and found that it only contained one of the repacked imperial officer and research driods the rest were just doubles. Since the rest of the box were pairs, and since I buy for somebody else, I made the mistake of saying I was going to buy the whole box. I then said since I am buying this box can you open the other so I can get the two short packed figures to get another set of pairs. She looked at me and said "No". I got a little upset and said "but you were going to put this one out now its gone, so open the other" She then took the box off of the floor and physically ran out of the isle and hid in the back...true story. I understand that scalpers come in and it probably looked that way but I could have simply just grabbed both boxes and purchased them instead of asking to look through them.

mm74md
05-07-2003, 09:13 AM
Found a cool bargin this morning. I had to pickup some things at Kmart so I decided to stop in Ellicott City on the way to work today. Of course, my addiction always takes me to the toy aisle. To my surprise I found a bunch of POTJ figs for $2.50. They had a few good ones. I picked up a few Gungan Warriors & 1 Corrusant Guard. I left 1 of each there. They also had Tatooine Jar Jar & a few others that I didn't need and can't recall right now.

Hey, at least it's something!!!!

Grissom
05-07-2003, 11:43 AM
mm74md...you seem to hit a pretty large range of stores, you must spend a fortune in gas!
K-Mart used to be a pretty good hit for me. When everybody was looking for the last collection of EPI figures i.e. holographic sidious, TC-14, grappling hook amidala; eveybody was hitting the normal spots like Wal-Mart, TrU, and Target with no luck. I can tell you that during that time I must have hit K-Mart 4 or 5 times and saw them there. That's kinda of how I met with Jon when he expressed his frustration one day to me in Target and I told him of the virgin territory of K-Mart on ritchie hwy and jumpers hole rd. Now its just looks like a small cyclone has gone through the department. Its a mess and nothing new is ever there. I guess that is what bankrupcy can do to a company. When these new exclusives come out we should maybe try to help one another out (by "us" I mean those in the central MD area sorry DC and VA you guys are just a bit too far out of range for me). Kind of divide up the stores in areas and hit them hard to score them. Like I said a couple of posts back this A-Wing might end up being another ultra rare exclusive you see on the shelf once and its gone. Its sad to think collectors have to organize like a gang in order to flesh out the collection but we should be able to do it

mm74md
05-07-2003, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by Grissom
mm74md...you seem to hit a pretty large range of stores, you must spend a fortune in gas!

Well, I live in Hagerstown and drive to Annapolis 2-3 days a week. So the good thing for my hobby is there are tons of stores to check out!!!!

Grissom
05-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Hey kids, Just looked at the Toys R Us website and found listed under the Star Wars products a "Figure 4 Pack" for preorder. I am assuming that these are the imperial and bounty hunter sets but they only have one listing instead of two:crazed: The SKN is 720499 and it says it will ship on May 25th. Time to start bugging our local TrU managers :D

jonthejedi
05-08-2003, 01:08 PM
Arundel Mills WalMart(after months of nuthin') in Hanover/Elkridge got in all new Collection 1 figures today. As of Noon...still 2 of @ left. This wave includes Hoth Han, Mynock hunt Chewie, flyin' R2,
secret ceremony Anakin, Boba Fett pit of Carkoon. I only need Lama Su & clone youth, but that's Collection 2. On a strange clearance oddity note...the KayBee in the same mall has lightsaber 3-packs for 19.99. This is a lightsaber packed with 3 discontinued figures from 2002. Boy, will we ever be rid of 'em?

jonthejedi
05-08-2003, 01:09 PM
North Glen Burnie WalMart(Chesapeake Ctr.) also had Chewie, Hoth Han & Boba Fett...not much left!

mm74md
05-08-2003, 01:12 PM
jonthejedi - would you pick me up a Hoth Han & Mynock Chewie if you see them again @ Wal Mart? I'll let you know if I get one before hand. I'd stop, but I'm working from home today!!!

jobare1
05-08-2003, 01:48 PM
Not much of a report here, but I went out searching on Tuesday and found the usual here in VA (nothing). Had surgery yesterday and not allowed to drive for 3 weeks. Knowing my luck all the new stuff will start hitting the shelves. Fixer, Sloppy.......keep your eyes open. LOL

sparkytheclown
05-08-2003, 02:18 PM
i hid a Hoth Han, Mynock Chewie, boba fett, and a flying r2 behind 2 jedi starfighters on the bottem shelf of the target in glen burnie today

mm74md
05-08-2003, 02:55 PM
Of course, the day I work from home every store has Hoth Han & Mynock Chewie!!!!!!!!!

jonthejedi
05-09-2003, 06:32 AM
Sparky..I was at that Target at 9 am, and they had nuthin'. Just proves Grissom's theory concerning pm stocking. mm74md...I got your message late...but if I go out today Friday, I'll be sure to pick 1 Han & Chewie up for you. The only one I'm missing is Lama Su. I feel the deluxe figures are right around the corner!

Grissom
05-09-2003, 07:06 AM
Sparky, dont get caught doing that...some stores view that as theft since a paying customer would be unable to purchase the items you hid. They will throw you right out of the store. Just thought I would warn you.
Did anybody see my post about the 4 pack at TRU? I am currently incapacitated, hurt my back, and unable to nag them at the service desk at my local Glen Burnie and Annapolis store.

skyward72
05-09-2003, 11:43 AM
But I guess its OK that Target hides the figures in the back till later in the evening so as not to sell to its regular morning customers. Just doesn't make sense.

I found the Han Hoth wave at the Walmart at Ellicott City yesterday. They only had a couple of figures left.

Grissom
05-09-2003, 03:31 PM
Lets face it..Target stores hate collectors and/or they have collector employees.

Once I went into the Target in Glen Burnie, I was looking for the extremely hard to find Skiff. I saw one of the "hey I look like I am 12" employees with one of their inventory guns. I asked if he could tell me if they had any of the Skiffs in stock. He didn't have a clue. So I asked if he could scan the barcode on the shelf sticker. If you can remember back the shelf sticker was for Y-Wings/Skiff since they were both shipping in the same box. He scanned it and said "hold on a minute".
Now, I don't know what kind of luck some of you guys had with that Y-Wing but that thing was damn near impossible to find around here. I fortunatley was able to get one prior to this little encounter. You will now see why I mentioned this thing about the Y-Wings because the kid comes back with this box that had no less then 8 Y-wings! I couldn't believe it! Alas however there weren't any Skiffs. My point is either these things were being hidden, or the store was trying to control how many got out, or maybe a little bit of both. So, no Skyward, I don't think it is "OK" for them to hide the stuff in the back. It is just how they do business in the Target stores. I may even go so far as to say that they probably have an unwritten policy about the stocking of Star Wars merchandise. My point to Sparky was that I would hate to see a legitimate collector get thrown out of a store simply for trying to help us out. It would be easier to just buy it, offer to somebody on this thread at cost, and see if you get any takers. If not just take it back with a receipt for a refund.

sparkytheclown
05-09-2003, 10:33 PM
even if they tried to throw me out i would be right back the next day, no one is going to tell me i cant shop in there store, especially not some pimpley face teen

jonthejedi
05-11-2003, 08:02 AM
mm74md...no new figures at that Glen Burnie Target...I hope it was you that scored 'em!

mtriv73
05-11-2003, 02:53 PM
I got Han Hoth and Chewy Mynock friday at Wal-mart. (Last ones they had). I still haven't seen an Aayla or Bariss yet.

jobare1
05-11-2003, 08:29 PM
Potomac Mills WalMart only had the flying R2 for any new figs. P.M. Target was wiped out, as usual. Only had 4 figs on the pegs, and I think all 4 were Lott Dodd.

jonthejedi
05-14-2003, 10:15 AM
Columbia Target got 1 case of super battle droid builder set & spider droids(3 of @) in today. I passed on both, pkgs. were all chewed & beat up...but at least it was somethin' new!

mm74md
05-14-2003, 07:25 PM
Columbia Target got 1 case of super battle droid builder set & spider droids(3 of @) in today. I passed on both, pkgs. were all chewed & beat up...but at least it was somethin' new!

Thanks for the tipoff jonthejedi. I picked up a spider droid on the way home. They still had 2 of them left & all three of the battle droids. That battle droid set sucks. The spider droid is a bit cheaply made for a deluxe figure. Oh well, aren't they all anymore?

Hey skyward72 - thanks for the Han Hoth. I felt like we were doing a drug deal when we performed the "exchange" of goods :sur:

jonthejedi
05-15-2003, 06:39 AM
Yeah...battle droid set is headed for markdown city. I agree on the quality of that spider droid deluxe...I think that's why I waited.
No sign of them anywhere else yesterday. I told Grissom these deluxe sets would probably be the next wave to surface. No sign of Obi/Jango column sets. I'm waiting for Collection 2 figures to arrive at WalMart. I'm still missing red battle droid & Lama Su.

skyward72
05-15-2003, 12:28 PM
mm74md no problem.

Good thing the "exchange" didn't go bad like in Vice City :)

jonthejedi
05-16-2003, 08:59 AM
Glen Burnie Target on Crain Hwy. had 3 of @: Super battle droid builder set & dwarf spider droid as of 9 am this Friday. Pkgs were also bent.

Fixer
05-22-2003, 12:29 PM
Springfield Target had Dooku & Anakin speeder bikes - 2 of ea. at 1:00 PM.

mm74md
05-22-2003, 12:43 PM
Wow, it's only been a week since somebody found something good. Nice find Fixer, are you done laughing at the diarrhea Anakin yet?

sparkytheclown
05-23-2003, 06:51 PM
is any body going to wizard world east next week?

Fixer
05-23-2003, 07:49 PM
Nice find Fixer, are you done laughing at the diarrhea Anakin yet?

I think it's a RealScan of Hayden watching the dailies of his performance from the love shack scene. "I wish I could wish away these feelings with wishing!!!" :rolleyes:

mm74md
05-24-2003, 02:12 PM
Super score at Hagerstown Super Wal Mart. They had every 2003 figure in stock. Cases of them. I mean every single one. I only needed the Jempa & Ashla padawans. I was greedy & took 2 of the 3 Red Battle Droids. I still passed on the new R2 & Chewey. But they had one of everything else left and only like 3 or 4 old pegwarmers. It's worth the trip up to Hagerstown.

I got Han Hoth and Chewy Mynock friday at Wal-mart. (Last ones they had). I still haven't seen an Aayla or Bariss yet.
mtriv73 They had 4 Aayla's & 3 Bariss's left. Call them if you still need them & they WILL hold them for you - (301) 714-1373

Major Karr
05-24-2003, 06:46 PM
Congratulations mm74md - there is now hope for the rest of us.

The Target at 7 Corners had the Spider Droid (not worth $10, more like $5), and the SBD maker. The packages were all bent up though.

mtriv73
05-25-2003, 08:32 AM
The Wal-mart on 26 in Frederick had all the new figures yesterday. I couldn't believe it when I turned the corner and saw the Boba Fett wave and the Aayla and Bariss wave. I picked up the blonde Imp. officer, both packs of jedi kids, Aayla, Bariss, and Lama su and the red battle droid. I've found everything so far this year except the speeders.

jonthejedi
05-29-2003, 06:58 AM
I only saw the speeder sets ONCE at Target in Columbia, MD. Now that's scary!

mm74md
05-29-2003, 02:22 PM
Where are our Imperial Forces 4 Packs? It seems they are slowly moving east as seen in the California & Michigan threads.

jonthejedi
05-30-2003, 10:57 AM
Target Glen Burnie on Crain hwy.(RTE. 3) unveiled 1 case Aayla Secura wave. I scored red battle droid I was missing. All others are(were?) still there 10 am this am. Bariss, Aayla, Yoda & Chian, Ashla & Jempa, research droid 2-pk., Padme conveyor belt.

Jedikmg
05-30-2003, 10:40 PM
I haven't found anything new since Jan

Fixer
05-31-2003, 09:28 AM
So, who's not posting finds??!?!? :mad: ;)

Found an empty space at the Fair Lakes TRU for the Imperial 4 pack. Don't know if they were there, or they just cleared space. Probably the former. So they are hitting the area, might be worth a trip to TRU.

jobare1
05-31-2003, 11:53 AM
Haven't been able to drive for three and a half weeks, so I haven't been able to check the stores. But from the lack of reports from VA, it doesn't sound like I'm missing much. Go back to the doctor in a week and a half. Hopefully, by then, some new stuff will show up.

jobare1
05-31-2003, 12:01 PM
Fixer, I saw a report on aftimes late yesterday about someone finding the 4-pack there. At least something new is finally showing up around here.

jonthejedi
05-31-2003, 12:55 PM
I hate to say this(and I've said it before)...I've had to check every day just to nail the new figs, trash compactor sets, Ephant Mon, Holiday C3p0&R2, etc. Jedikmg...I know everyone can't do this, but Hasbro needs to recall those peg warmers(is noone building diaramas with young Boba or Nute Gunray?)...and start shipping more than 1 box to a store when they do get 'em. That simply isn't enough for everyone in the tri-state area.

jonthejedi
06-04-2003, 11:43 AM
Some good news for today, Wed. Found Imperial 4-pack at Toys R Us in Glen Burnie. May still be some left or in back. Check with your local Toys R Us...SKU# is720499. There are usualy friendlies who will check(or call 1st). Also, Glen Burnie Target on Crain Hwy.(Rte. 3) got more dwarf spider & super battle droid sets. Pkgs. were in a lot better condition than previously reported. Has anyone found new 12"?

mm74md
06-04-2003, 01:19 PM
Some good news for today, Wed. Found Imperial 4-pack at Toys R Us in Glen Burnie. May still be some left or in back. Check with your local Toys R Us...SKU# is720499. There are usualy friendlies who will check(or call 1st).

Typical. I never stop at Glen Burnie TRU since it's out of my direct travel path. I stopped there Monday & they said they were getting a truck Tuesday. And of course, they show up Wednesday & I'm sitting here working from home with no Imperial 4 pack :frus:

Fixer
06-04-2003, 02:27 PM
Interesting note to pass along... I recently fired off an annoyed email to Walmart corporate HQ complaining of the lack of new figures and exclusives at the Kingstowne/Springfield Walmart. I actually got a call today from that Walmart. The woman who called said that they had talked to the head of the Toy Department and that they told her that they only get refresh on Star Wars at Christmas! :eek: According to her, it's up to corporate as to whether they get new stuff. Seeing as how they've recently "refreshed" with the Destroyer Droid wave, who knows? Somebody in the Toy Department or corporate is clueless and screwing themselves out of major sales. I wonder if they'll get the Clone Wars stuff. Possibly, as it's probably a different SKU. Anyway, it never hurts to fire off an irate email!

Rogue II
06-04-2003, 02:32 PM
Wow. Interesting. Did you only mention the one Walmart? I see the same problem at every Walmart I've gone to since November.

mm74md
06-04-2003, 04:15 PM
My wife got me the TRU 4 Pack from the Frederick TRU today. Made my day much better!

jonthejedi
06-04-2003, 08:08 PM
It seems like we have to take the good fight to Hasbro direct...the retail dept. heads really are clueless. I dropped off a printout of the Gam. guard 12" to local KayBee. They didn't even know anything about it!! Typical!!

sparkytheclown
06-05-2003, 12:53 AM
toys r us in glen burnie had the 4 Pack tonight 3 left at 8pm

jonthejedi
06-05-2003, 05:05 AM
For those willing to take a driving chance...which Toys R Us...Glen Burnie?

Fixer
06-05-2003, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II
Wow. Interesting. Did you only mention the one Walmart? I see the same problem at every Walmart I've gone to since November.

Yes, I only mentioned the one, because it's the worst offender. I've actually managed to find a few '03 figures at other Walmarts.

It seems like we have to take the good fight to Hasbro direct...

Yep. I'm planning on sending a follow-up to them.

My wife got me the TRU 4 Pack from the Frederick TRU today. Made my day much better!

Planning on getting divorced anytime soon?? ;)

mtriv73
06-05-2003, 08:45 AM
MM74MD, thanks for posting that the 4-packs were in. As soon as I read that I shut down my computer yelled "Bye" to everyone in my lab and got over there. They had 5 left as of 5:45 last night. Your wife is awesome. I also got in my R5-d2's this week (I figured E-bay was cheaper than a trip to Florida.) Great sculpt except for the eye sockets. All in all it's been a good week collecting wise.

mm74md
06-05-2003, 09:05 AM
I also got in my R5-d2's this week (I figured E-bay was cheaper than a trip to Florida.) Great sculpt except for the eye sockets. All in all it's been a good week collecting wise.

Did you happen to order them from the user mimidog4428? Mine are coming from Hong Kong & I'm still waiting for mine. I agree, it was actually cheaper getting these from this user + international shipping that some USA users & Disney selling them with shipping.

mtriv73
06-05-2003, 09:47 AM
Did you happen to order them from the user mimidog4428? Mine are coming from Hong Kong & I'm still waiting for mine. I agree, it was actually cheaper getting these from this user + international shipping that some USA users & Disney selling them with shipping.

Actually, I got them from a guy in Miami. ffierne or something like that is his user I.D. I'd recommend someone else though. It took him a week to get around to shipping mine when he was advertising selling them as in hand items.

mm74md
06-05-2003, 10:41 AM
Actually, I got them from a guy in Miami. ffierne or something like that is his user I.D. I'd recommend someone else though. It took him a week to get around to shipping mine when he was advertising selling them as in hand items.

Funny, I just got mine delivered to my desk. I love the figures, but I'm a little freaked out. I just realized that they came from Hong Kong. Images of that Simpsons episode where they got that freaky flu sent over from Asia are flashing in my head. SARS totally freaks me out.

Rogue II
06-06-2003, 12:40 PM
I was in Annapolis yesterday. The TRU had a bunch of the Imperial Sets. They also had 3 12" Leia w/Han Carbonites. My wife decided she wanted that one.

Major Karr
06-06-2003, 01:05 PM
The TRU at Bailey's X-roads has the Imperial set...I passed on it. It was just ok, not great.

mtriv73
06-06-2003, 04:08 PM
Wal-mart in Frederick got in the clone trooper pilot wave again. I picked up a couple in case I decide to buy the command gunship.

Fixer
06-10-2003, 12:33 PM
Finally... Springfield TRU got in the Imperial 4 pack. Not a bad set, but then I could just be going through new figure withdrawal. Now, if they'd just put their army of Teemto, Lot Dodd, & Ki Adi Mundi in the dumpster, maybe we could make some progress.

mtriv73
06-10-2003, 02:50 PM
TRU in Frederick had 6 Imperial 4-packs today. I really hope they didn't over order these. If they become shelf-warmers then we may never see the other sets. They also had 12" Mace Windu, Geonosian warrior, and a couple of others. I don't collect 12" so I don't pay much attention to them, but I don't remember ever seeing these before. No sign of new 3-3/4" figures for the last 2 weeks.

Jedikmg
06-12-2003, 12:04 PM
Walmart in Westminster and Eldersberg both had the Yoda and Destroy Droid from last December in. I never thought i'd find these 2 figures.

I picked up the last Yoda, but both stores still had DD.

skyward72
06-12-2003, 06:43 PM
Finally found the Imperial Forces 4 Pack at the Columbia TRU. They still had two left as of this evening.

TheBigSloppy
06-16-2003, 10:02 PM
Found the Imperial 4-pack at TRU off of Route 7 near Seven Corners. Target has the two deluxe figures. That's all the new stuff I have seen since last year.

TheBigSloppy
06-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Oops. White lie. Also found the TIE Bomber at WalMart near Atlantic City. They had about nine or so as of last weekend. Oh, and the Imperial Shuttle - lest not forget that one - bought that earlier this year.

That's about it. I swear.

Major Karr
06-17-2003, 06:09 PM
Finally found some new things today - alot actually - at the Target in Germantown :

Ashla & Jempa - 2 left
Lama Su - 1 left
Aayla Secura - 1 left
Research Droids - 0 left
Barris Offee - 1 left
Yoad & Chian - 1 left
Blond Imperial - 0 left
Red Battle Droid - 0 left Got home and saw the cashier bent the card when she shoved it in the bag, so i guess it goes back.

WM at Germantown had nothing, everything moving around.
The target at Gaithersburg had nothing but empty pegs, so maybe soon they will fill in

jobare1
06-17-2003, 08:19 PM
Nice score Major Karr.

After not being able to drive for 5 weeks due to neck surgery, I really expected to find some new stuff. Wrong. The only thing "new" that I've seen was the 4-pack @ TRU.

Potomac Mills Target has a few figs that are mostly Jango Pilot & Lott Dodd. I've pretty much given up all hope with the Pot Mills WalMart. They've got 8 pegs set aside for SW and 4 of those pegs are full of the Cantina sets. The other 4 pegs are mostly Pilot Jangos.

Is it me or has Virginia been forgotten?

jonthejedi
06-18-2003, 04:42 AM
From other reports I've read on Forums...it's been pretty much the whole U.S. Problems overseas? SARS? Imperial 4-pk. is the last thing I've found. KB Toys has 12" Gamorean Guard on their web site...but the stores I've called don't have a clue! I never saw the 12" Lando wave anywhere!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-18-2003, 04:03 PM
I havn't been hunting for a while (so forgive me if this is old news), but it seems KB has another "value pack." It's 3 peg warmers and an electronic Lightsaber. I saw these at the Fair Oaks KB.
I finally found 1 new figure @ the 7 Corners Target - Arena Mace, and it's bubble was crushed! :cry:

jonthejedi
06-19-2003, 10:15 AM
Glen Burnie Target on Crain Hwy.(Rte. 3) got in 1 case Collection 2 figures: Bariss/Aayla, Yoda/Chian, Ashla/Jempa, 1 blonde Imp. officer, red battle droid & research droid 2-pack. All there as of 10 am this Thursday. Happy hunting! Toys R Us in Glen Burnie has Imp. 4-pack, as well as their usual wall o' Lott Dodd & Boba Fett.

jonthejedi
06-20-2003, 06:11 PM
KayBee Toys in Marley Station Mall(Glen Burnie) uncovered 1 case of 4 12" Gammorean Guards. 3 left as of 6 pm. Arundel Mills Kay Bee may have buried in back room. They got a truck today too!

skyward72
06-21-2003, 02:13 PM
Kaybee in Frederick also has the Gammorean Guard. Very nice 12" Figure!

Jaydierling
06-21-2003, 04:44 PM
The Lego outlet at Potomac Mills has all StarWars kits in stock at 20% off including the STAR DESTROYER I picked up for $250 including tax. mmmmmmm 3104 pieces. mmmmmmmm!

jobare1
06-22-2003, 09:07 PM
Just got back from a 4 day trip to Albany, NY. Did manage to score a blonde Imp. Officer. That was about it. Did see the 12" Gammorean Guard at a KB while I was there.

sparkytheclown
06-24-2003, 07:08 PM
target in glenburine had the yoda and padawan 2 pack wave

jonthejedi
06-25-2003, 06:10 AM
Sparky, I reported that on 6/19...unless they put out a 2nd case...boy, that would be wishful thinking, huh!

mm74md
06-25-2003, 08:11 AM
Sparky, I reported that on 6/19...unless they put out a 2nd case...boy, that would be wishful thinking, huh!

Must have been another case since they had nothing on 6/20 when I stopped in.

sparkytheclown
06-25-2003, 05:10 PM
yea it looked like they just put it out

mtriv73
06-25-2003, 05:21 PM
I got the Clone trooper 3 pack (all white), separatist forces 3-pack, and passed on the destroyer droid launcher today at TRU in Frederick. They were pretty picked through already and there was no sign of the Jedi 3-pack.

jonthejedi
06-25-2003, 05:33 PM
I ran into a Hasbro merchandiser(again, and boy did I give her 2cents worth on behalf of we collectors), who informed me a Aug. release for Clone Wars & Saga Gold lines...but as mtriv73 just pointed out...they're here now! Great score!

mm74md
06-26-2003, 08:26 AM
I got the Clone trooper 3 pack (all white), separatist forces 3-pack, and passed on the destroyer droid launcher today at TRU in Frederick. They were pretty picked through already and there was no sign of the Jedi 3-pack.

:crazed: Were there any of the clone trooper 3 pack left mtriv73???

mm74md
06-26-2003, 10:09 AM
:crazed: Were there any of the clone trooper 3 pack left mtriv73???

Never mind, I called the Annapolis TRU & they had them. I just picked them up & am kind of disappointed that there is no articulation at all on any of the figures.

Will this be the same for the Jedi 3 pack???

mtriv73
06-26-2003, 01:11 PM
The destoyer droid seems to have shoulder articulation at least (I could be wrong I didn't have time to open them last night.) None of the others seemed to have any at all. I don't know if they'll all be like this or not but for $3.50 a figure I expected a little more out of these.

jonthejedi
06-26-2003, 01:19 PM
I scored all 3 Clone Wars multi-packs at Laurel Toy R US. There were only 1 of @ droiedeka launcher & battle droid army left. HOWEVER...Columbia Toys R Us was just putting them out(still on handcart) as of 11 AM this Thurs. morning. Call 'em, they may hold them if they're still there. The pattern seems to be that every store only got 1 case(2 of @). I live near Glen Burnie, and they admitted to me they were holding the 1 case in the back...which kinda pis#@*&ed me off. But, good luck to anyone who can hit Columbia! Has anyone found new "Saga Gold" Luke, Darth or Snowtroper yet at their WalMart. I haven't heard of any MD or VA/DC scores.