PDA

View Full Version : VA/DC/MD Finds

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

mm74md
09-16-2004, 01:55 PM
Hagerstown Suncoast has the Bossk Mini Bust for $45 & the Clone Wars Yoda statue for $50 for those interested.

mm74md
09-16-2004, 01:59 PM
I forgot to mention that Hagerstown TRU has the crappy Endor Gift pack as well. These gift packs could have been awesome, like the Imperial Gift Pack. They have stunk up TRU ever since.

mtriv73
09-16-2004, 02:27 PM
Wow MM, do you still work or just shop all the time? :D

mm74md
09-16-2004, 02:54 PM
Wow MM, do you still work or just shop all the time? :D

lol Yes, I still work. My new job is in Hagerstown & I go to the mall during my lunch break. Everything but Wal Mart is in the area around mall or in it. So that's why I've been getting so lucky finding figures lately! :greedy:

Kidhuman
09-16-2004, 06:03 PM
Hagerstown, is that like Halfway Blvd, by the Shoneys, right of off 81?

jonthejedi
09-17-2004, 07:14 AM
North Glen Burnie K-mart off Ritchie Hwy. had OTC Bespin wave...haven't seen these since I nabbed mine at Target a while back.

jonthejedi
09-17-2004, 02:33 PM
Laurel Toys R Us had PLENTY of OTC Endor Ambush 5-pack, as well as VOTC Vader & Yoda. Laurel Target still has OTC Wicket, Chewie & snowtroopers if anyone needs.

sparkytheclown
09-18-2004, 04:06 AM
the sams club in annapolis has the new falcons

jonthejedi
09-18-2004, 07:38 AM
North Glen Burnie K-Mart got in 2nd wave of Galactic Heroes...but I did not see Yoda/Clonetrooper. South Glen Burnie K-Mart subsequently got in OTC Bespin wave.

mtriv73
09-18-2004, 08:14 AM
Frederick TRU has VOTC Han/Luke. They haven't had a OTC carded fig yet (at least I haven't seen any but I don't get to shop as much as MM :D .) They also had unleashed Bossk and Aayla as well as the crappy Endor 4-pack (remember when those were actually worth buying?)

jonthejedi
09-20-2004, 05:15 AM
Glen Burnie Toys R Us had Wave 2 Galactic Heroes as well as OTC Bespin & Dagobah waves. Still haven't seen VOTC C3PO & Lando.

mm74md
09-20-2004, 01:57 PM
Hagerstown, is that like Halfway Blvd, by the Shoneys, right of off 81?

That is correct!

mm74md
09-20-2004, 02:04 PM
Looks like TRU is having the best sales out there for the basic figus. 2 for $7. That would be a great place to fill in some voids. They also have the OTC X-Wing/Tie Fighter for $12.99!

I actually had to dig on the upper shelf for an X-Wing for my son. Can't beat $12.99 for an X-Wing...even THAT X-Wing for a kid. It was also nice to see moms getting Star Wars stuff for their kids (i.e. children or husbands) while I was out too.

Kidhuman
09-20-2004, 05:12 PM
C-Burg Target had nothing new. Guess they might wait until they stick the movies out tonight or in the A.M. to stock these up. Wish I had some extra cash, I would go at midnight for they toys.

Is anyone else here not getting the movies?

mtriv73
09-20-2004, 06:12 PM
Looks like TRU is having the best sales out there for the basic figus. 2 for $7. That would be a great place to fill in some voids. They also have the OTC X-Wing/Tie Fighter for $12.99!

I actually had to dig on the upper shelf for an X-Wing for my son. Can't beat $12.99 for an X-Wing...even THAT X-Wing for a kid. It was also nice to see moms getting Star Wars stuff for their kids (i.e. children or husbands) while I was out too.

Don't forget, bring your ad in to Wal-mart for price matching. Target doesn't price match and I don't know about K-mart, but Wally world certainly will.

Not only am I getting the movies tomorrow, I'm taking the day off to watch them. I've been in the lab at least 6 days a week for the past couple of months so I can't wait for tomorrow!

seanmcfripp
09-20-2004, 08:43 PM
Frederick K-Mart appears to have gotten in the Bespin wave, of which only Lobot was left from the Leia/CCP/Lobot trio I was looking for. I'm starting to think I'll never see a CCP in stores at this point. Anyway, Lobot rocks...if anyone was on the fence about getting him, get off and pick him up.

seanmcfripp
09-21-2004, 09:51 AM
Target in Frederick had Lobot, Leia, and CCP, of which I nabbed the Leia and CCP. So get off your duff and get Lobot if you need him. And to think that only yesterday I was whining about never being able to find a CCP. I guess now I can whine about finding a second one.

The DVD set was only $44.99, which seems to lower than what they were advertising.

mm74md
09-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Hagerstown WM has the New Hope & Empire DVD Figure packs. They look pretty cool & were only $9.96 so I picked them up. The DVD was $44.??, but I ordered mine from Overstock.com for $40.99 using my birthday money :) I wasn't going to buy the DVD right away, but I got some extra cash so I figured why not?!

Anywho, has anyone seen the Jedi DVD figure packs?

mtriv73
09-21-2004, 11:44 AM
Frederick Wal-mart had all 3 dvd packs. I picked up the DVD's, Empire and Jedi 3 packs. I may break down and get the ANH one this week as well. Is the Han in the Empire set a "new" kit bashed figure or is it a reissue? I seem to remember the old one being bulkier.

jobare1
09-21-2004, 07:58 PM
Anywho, has anyone seen the Jedi DVD figure packs?

Found plenty of ESB & ROTJ packs this morning at Potomac Mills, but no ANH. Checked the store in Dumfries and they didn't have any packs at all. Might go back out tonight to hit another WalMart (or two) to see if I can get the ANH pack.

PS. Happy Birthday.

jobare1
09-22-2004, 09:54 PM
Picked up the ANH figure pack at the Manassas (east side of town) WalMart.

Potomac Mills W-M took down their VOTC/Falcon display and now all the pegs are packed with Obi, Han & a few Leia & Lukes. Doesn't look good for finding 3PO/Lando wave anytime soon.

Pot. Mills Target - nothing new.

Burke Target had the remnants of Cloud City wave along with the new Unleashed.

Kidhuman
09-23-2004, 07:08 AM
Radford Wal-MArt had the 3 packs from ROTJ and ESB. None from ANH.

Kidhuman
09-23-2004, 10:17 AM
Just got back from C-Burg Wal-Mart. They had ANH and ESB 3 packs, but no ROTJ. I went back to Radford Wal-Mart and picked up the ROTJ pack. I htink this one is the best. The others look to cheesy. The leia figure in the ESB pack looks horrid IMO. Didnt care to much for the ANH one either. Dont need another version of 3PO and R2. I htink they should have mixed these up a little better, might of sold more packs. Everyone loves Vader, so that pack is going to go quick, pklus it has an army builder in it.

jobare1
09-23-2004, 08:28 PM
Stopped by the Target near Pot. Mills during lunch and was suprised to find that they had finally restocked (Bespin wave). After searching for weeks & weeks for the Cloud Car Pilot, which I finally found a week or two ago, they had 5 of them.

Pot.Mills TRU - not much.

P.M WalMart - don't waste your time.

seanmcfripp
09-24-2004, 08:50 AM
Holy cow, did I just get socked in the checkbook! Frederick Target had the ROTJ case of VOTC figures. I scored Boba Fett, Lando, Chewie, R2, and 2 Storm Troopers. It's strange, because I can honestly say our Target never got the ESB VOTC wave. They also put out the old ESB Star Destroyer Wave, so there's a Tanus Spijek on the pegs if anyone still needs him.

The ROTJ VOTC figs are AWSOME! I'm like a little kid at Christmas here at work.

Kidhuman
09-24-2004, 09:43 AM
Nice finds sean. Good to know that the ROTJ wave is starting to hit the area. My Wal-Mart is packed with tons of the ANH wave. Hopefully they will clearance then shortly.

mm74md
09-24-2004, 10:23 AM
Holy cow, did I just get socked in the checkbook!

Thanks for the tip. I was able to pick these up as well at the Hagerstown Target. They do look sweet. They had 1 R2, 1 Lando, 1 Chewy, 2 Fetts & 2 Stormtroopers. I felt guilty taking both Fetts & Stormtroopers, but who knows when I'll see these two again? I will pick up another R2 & Chewy to open if I see them again. I left Lando since I got him last week.

My wife is going to kick my butt :(

seanmcfripp
09-24-2004, 11:12 AM
Same here, but I left one Fett behind. I gotta bad feeling that the Stormtroopers are gonna be snapped real quick as they come out. Boy, did I get lucky.

My wife too, is going to kill me. I don't know how I'm going to talk her into letting me get the Slave I when it comes out.

Slicker
09-24-2004, 12:42 PM
I hate to ask this question but I just moved to Virginia Beach about a week ago and I don't really feel like reading 178 pages of posts to find the best stores so could someone please fill me in on which stores in my area are the best for finding the newest stuff.

jobare1
09-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Looks like Target was the place to go today. After waking up late for work I decided to hit the Pot. Mills store before going in. Glad I did. Found the ROTJ VOTC wave (now my favorite wave) plus an ESB Lando, but no 3PO.

Kidhuman
09-24-2004, 08:18 PM
K-Mart was the place for me. Bluefield West Va/Va had a ton of goodies. Picked up the entire ESB wave of VOTC, Yoda and CLone GH and Cantina Wave 1. They had the entire series 2 of GH. Looked like they had just put out wave 2.5 of VOTC as there was only 8 on the pegs, 4 ANH and 4 ESB, so I snagged the ESB. They also had the Dagobah OTC wave and Greedo.

Slicker
09-25-2004, 01:32 PM
Not a bad find at all. If I'm not mistaken isn't Greedo one of the tougher figures to find?

Kidhuman
09-26-2004, 08:38 AM
Dunno about that. I have seen him a plenty.

jobare1
09-26-2004, 09:50 AM
Congrats on the finds KH.

Potomac Mills Target - pretty much wiped out. All the ROTJ VOTC are long gone.

P.M. W-M - just had to look, but pretty much what I figured......nothing

Dale City KMart - only 1 figure on the pegs - VOTC Ben. They did have 5 of the Cantina scene.

As for Greedo, I've seen quite a few of him. I think the hardest one to find is the Cloud Car Pilot. At least for me it was. Handstand Luke would be a close second.

jonthejedi
09-30-2004, 01:48 PM
Columbia Target had OTC Skiff Lando, GeneraL Lando, Gamorrean Guard, Bib Fortuna & ANH Lord Vader. Also had General Madine & Endor Strike Solo, both with bad paint aps. No sign of Slave Leia, Scout trooper or scanning crew dude. Haven't seen any new VOTC past Vader/Yoda. Nothing in Glen Burnie or Laurel to speak of.

Kidhuman
10-01-2004, 12:07 PM
Found Wicket today at C-Burg Wal-Mart. They had a bunch of OTC packed out. TIe Pilots, Bossk, IG-88 and the first bunch. Still no signs of 29-38 though. No new VOTC to speak of either.

jonthejedi
10-01-2004, 03:50 PM
Saw a lone Slave Leia OTC at Frederick WalMart on East 26(card was bent). Have yet to see DVD packaging WalMart 3-packs anywhere either. Anyone, anyone????

Kidhuman
10-01-2004, 04:16 PM
I seen them. The Wal-Mart near me has ANH and ESB left. I bought the ROTJ one, but have not seen it since then.

jobare1
10-01-2004, 08:00 PM
Found OTC Gen. Madine, AT-ST Han & both Landos today at Pot. Mills Target. Only had one of each on the pegs and no sign of any of the others.

As far as the DVD packs, I'll check the Pot. Mills store tomorrow morning on my way to work. It was my understanding that each store was only getting a case of 48 (total between the 3 different packs). I hope I'm wrong.

jonthejedi
10-02-2004, 10:47 AM
Glen Burnie K-Mart had Galactic Wave #3, but no Boba. South WalMart on Crain Hwy. had new OTC wave with Gam. Guard & Bib F.(still some there). Somebody must have cherry picked the scout troopers & slave Leias out of the assortment). Where oh where is all the new VOTC. I'm still short on Lando & C3PO.

jonthejedi
10-03-2004, 10:42 AM
Good news boys...Target SALE started today(10/3)...OTC figures for 3.88; vehicles(no Slave 1) for 15.29; VOTC ringing up 15% off for 8.49@. BAD news: went to 3 Targets & no product in the section. My local Glen Burnie Target did send someone to SW sect. to scan, and (luck be a lady tonight) turned up 1 box of new VOTC. Was able to get Chewie, Stormie, Boba, Lando & R2 for 8.49@. C3PO not in this wave. 1 Boba & Stormie left behind(2 per box). Happy hunting. KH, you have a PM.

sparkytheclown
10-05-2004, 05:24 PM
the new super target in glen burine has its grand opening tonight, it should be stocked full of star wars toys

jonthejedi
10-05-2004, 05:27 PM
Sparky...I thought their sign outside said 10/10. Did they move it up?

KidHuman...you have a pm. Found nothing today, except spirit Obis which are now pegwarming.

jobare1
10-05-2004, 07:24 PM
Potomac Mills Target had 6 OTC Slave I's today. Kinda like the packaging. No new figures, OTC of VOTC.

Stopped off at Pot. Mills WalMart and was suprised to find a "Sale" price sticker on the pegs listing all OTC figures for $3.88. Anyone else run into this yet? Anyway, they had maybe 2 OTC figs mixed in with a bunch of Saga figs.

sparkytheclown
10-05-2004, 09:04 PM
tonight was by invite only , and they are stocked full of stuff, i scored a handstand luke and scout trooper, plus they had votc lando and c3po wave anybody looking for the scout trooper they had about eight left

Kidhuman
10-05-2004, 09:39 PM
Got the message Jon, sent one back. C-Burg Wal-Mart had Dick Butkis on the shelves.

jonthejedi
10-06-2004, 04:34 AM
Sparky...I still need OTC biker scout & Votc C3PO...if you can stash or put on hold at guest services under jon. I may not be able to get there till 2 PM today.

sparkytheclown
10-06-2004, 12:04 PM
see new post

sparkytheclown
10-06-2004, 03:29 PM
i found out target is open to the public today, yesterday was just for employees familly and friends, so if you need a scout trooper this target is the place to go

jonthejedi
10-06-2004, 04:47 PM
Sparky, my wife was able to get in this am when Target opened, and grabbed the VOTC C3PO & OTC scout trooper before the hot wheels scalpers turned the corner. Many thanks for the tipoff. I stopped in today after work around 3 PM...still had 3 OTC scout troopers, VOTC Vader, Yoda & Lando.

sparkytheclown
10-07-2004, 08:43 PM
i found cantina set #2 at the k-mart in glen burnie, 3 left

sparkytheclown
10-08-2004, 05:18 AM
I should also say that it was the North glen Burnie k-mart...and the packaging wasn't that great. there were some minor dents in the bubble...

jonthejedi
10-08-2004, 04:13 PM
Yeah, I spotted them today, and the corners were pretty hammered, so I'll wait, I think. For you AOME collectors...Sparky's aforementioned Super Target in Glen Burnie has new AOME sets, as well as Siege of Pelennor Fields playset with battle troll & orc tower...$50 smackeroos.

mm74md
10-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Super Target in Glen Burnie has new AOME sets

Does that include the Army of the Dead? I can't find that anywhere.

If they have it would you mind picking one up for me & I can Paypal you the $$$$?

jonthejedi
10-08-2004, 04:15 PM
Has anyone in VA/DC/MD area found scanning crew guy. Is he numbered 39, and which assortment is he in, does anybody know??

jonthejedi
10-08-2004, 04:18 PM
Hey mm74md! No, I think armies of the dead is in the next wave. They had Taming of Smeagol, Fighting Fellowship, Haradrim warriors, things like that. No armies of the dead that I saw.Glad to pick it up if I spot it, though.

Kidhuman
10-08-2004, 07:05 PM
Has anyone in VA/DC/MD area found scanning crew guy. Is he numbered 39, and which assortment is he in, does anybody know??

Havent seen him but check here for asst's.

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=341641&postcount=8

http://forums.sirstevesguide.com/showpost.php?p=353737&postcount=12

mm74md
10-12-2004, 12:36 PM
Hagerstown Target has 2 VOTC Boba Fetts. I stuck them in with the Halloween candy aisle on the top shelf if anyone cares. I don't need them. They also had 1 VOTC Vader & 1 Lando. I'm still looking for an extra R2 & Chewy from that line to open.

TRU had a cool Vader bank. Other than that, they had squat. I'm really getting annoyed that they aren't getting in any new LOTR stuff.

jonthejedi
10-12-2004, 02:08 PM
Bowie WalMart has VOTC Stormtrooper & Vader; Bowie Target has VOTC Lando, Vader, R2 & Stormtrooper. North Glen Burnie K-Mart off Ritchie Hwy. had Galactic Heroes Stormtrooper 2-pack.

Major Karr
10-12-2004, 07:27 PM
The Springfield KM has the second cantina, but they stuck price stickers on them that don't come off easy, so I passed. The Kingstown WM has the Bounty Hunter heroes and Chewie/3PO wave

Kidhuman
10-12-2004, 08:16 PM
Havent found squat in a week.

jobare1
10-12-2004, 08:32 PM
The Kingstown WM has the Bounty Hunter heroes and Chewie/3PO wave

Major Karr - Was this the VOTC 3PO? If so, how many did they have? Might try to swing by there tomorrow at lunch.

Kidhuman
10-12-2004, 08:55 PM
I thnk he meant the Galactic Heroes wave. Chewie and 3PO are in 2 different waves for VOTC.

Major Karr
10-12-2004, 09:29 PM
Yeah, sorry if unclear...it was galactic heroes 3PO.

jonthejedi
10-13-2004, 02:07 PM
Laurel Target had 1 VOTC Stormtrooper & VOTC Vader. Arundel Mills WalMart had new Galactic Heroes waves: bounty hunters & stormtrooper duo. For LOTR Toy Biz collectors: both Laurel & Glen Burnie Toys R Usss's had new Two Towers wave: Boromir, Capt. of Gondor, Isengard Orc, superposeable Helm's Deep Aragorn & Frodo, and Glamling.

jobare1
10-13-2004, 09:48 PM
Yeah, sorry if unclear...it was galactic heroes 3PO.

Sorry, my mistake. I guess whenever I hear C-3PO I instantly get tunnel vision and think VOTC.

Pot. Mills W-M: nothing

Pot. Mills Target: nothing

Pot. Mills TRU: nothing

Dale City K-Mart: absolutely nothing. Only two figs on the pegs and they're the same ones that they've had for the past month.

jonthejedi
10-15-2004, 03:20 PM
Frederick WalMart on East 26 had 3 boxes of OTC Endor Generals wave. These will be peg-warming any second. NO Imperial scanning crew dude in this assortment. Darn!

Major Karr
10-15-2004, 08:35 PM
Great. Meanwhile, just down the road the Germantown WM has yet to get a single OTC figure in stock except for a Han someone returned 2 months ago. I did find today a red POTF(?) Leia on the pegs for $1.00 there though. Go figure.

jonthejedi
10-16-2004, 07:37 AM
My local WalMarts are choked with overstock of VOTC Luke, Ben, Han & Leia. One did get in 1 box of Bib Fortuna, Pig Guard wave...I'm not sure the Imp. scanning crew guy was in this assortment or not. If he was, he was gone in an instant. Sparky, you can attest to this...our Glen Burnie Toys R Us literally has 2002 figures from the 1st AOTC wave, as well as green carded figs. clogging up the pegs. I've been so tempted to lay into the Hasbro reps when I see them in there...recall this old junk for pete's sakes. I've told the mgr.(who I interviewed with many moons ago when she worked in Annapolis) how much collector's business they're losing to Target & WalMart. They just don't care. They spent all that $$$ putting in those multi-media centers with the DVD's and VHS...and they're nowhere in the price-competitive department. I really feel that's where all their money went.

jonthejedi
10-16-2004, 12:04 PM
The aforementioned Glen Burnie Toys R Us has (x2) new repainted Y-wing. Don't know the price, wasn't marked. Suspect the retail was 29.99. Didn't think much about the paint job(too much silver). Pilot was a lameo like Red Leader version.

sparkytheclown
10-16-2004, 10:11 PM
THanks for the heads up Jon. Picked mine up today and they were $29.99. Also the Bowie Target had 3 of the Exclusive Slave I's...I picked up one, and there were two left on the top shelf. One was kinda banged up. They retailed for $29.99.

mtriv73
10-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Frederick WalMart on East 26 had 3 boxes of OTC Endor Generals wave. These will be peg-warming any second. NO Imperial scanning crew dude in this assortment. Darn!

Well, that was what I was going to report but you beat me to it. I haven't found anything else new in a few weeks.

jonthejedi
10-19-2004, 02:30 PM
North Glen Burnie K-Mart got in about 12 more Cantina Scene #2 today, with the packages in much better shape than previously.

mtriv73
10-19-2004, 09:03 PM
I got my Y-wing from Amazon today. It's about what I expected (the new paint job is a welcome addition but the pilot is crappy.) No new figs to report. Wal-mart on 26 has sold everything but the bespin Leia's which really surprises me. I figured those would be peg warming for a while. Now if I could only find VOTC C3P0 and the scanning trooper...

Kidhuman
10-19-2004, 09:32 PM
I still havent found anything new. This is getting horrid

jonthejedi
10-20-2004, 11:06 AM
Bowie Target had 1 Slave 1 on top shelf, box not in the best of shape. Glen Burnie Toys R Us got in 3rd wave of VOTC...so they had 'em all this am: R2, Boba Fett, Stormie, Chewie & Lando. Y-wings still avail. too.

jobare1
10-20-2004, 07:50 PM
I still havent found anything new. This is getting horrid

Same here. :mad:

Potomac Mills WalMart: Still no OTC figs. The only 2 that they have are Han & Spirit OB. 4 full pegs of Saga figs and 4 over-loaded pegs of Luke, Han & Ben VOTC.

P.M. Target: About 4 Lobots and a few of the 1st wave VOTC. Been like this for about 2 weeks.

P.M. TRU: Finally something new......Had 4 or 5 Y-Wings on the shelves. Too bad I don't collect vehicles anymore. They did have 2 VOTC Landos (along with about a dozen Hans).

Dale City K-Mart: No suprise here. The same 2 figs on the pegs and that's it. Haven't seen any figs (OTC or VOTC) new or old, in at least 4 or 5 weeks. They did have about a dozen of the wave 2 Cantinas.

mtriv73
10-21-2004, 09:49 AM
I gave up on wasting gas looking for the VOTC stormtrooper and R2 and ordered them from Amoktime on monday. They arrived yesterday in great condition (I highly reccomend these guys.) I was a little disappointed in the R2 but the Stormtrooper is fantastic. I may buy every one of these I see (if I ever see any at retail.) Does anyone know when Hasbro is shutting off the tap of OTC figures? I know the first follow-ups have already been released, but will they continue to ship OTC until the next movie?

jonthejedi
10-21-2004, 01:25 PM
Laurel WalMart has OTC General's wave in; Columbia Target had two Slave 1's on bottom shelf.

Kidhuman
10-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Does anyone know when Hasbro is shutting off the tap of OTC figures? I know the first follow-ups have already been released, but will they continue to ship OTC until the next movie?

I know some revision cases are slated for November, but that is it after that.

Kidhuman
10-22-2004, 07:08 AM
RAdford Wal-MArt put out the HOF wave. I grabbed a Maul Hangar duel and a DSC Vader if anyone needs them PM me. I already have them.

aceguide
10-22-2004, 08:50 AM
Hoping that there is another SSG'er out there from this area...

Nothing to report - my luck has been terrible. One good day @ TRU the day the DVD came out. The next day it was bace to two pegs of Zuttons.

If you are in SW Virginia/Hampton Roads area let's swap some info!

Kidhuman
10-22-2004, 08:31 PM
AceGUide, I am located in SW Va, in Radford, I normally post in the VA/MD/DC thread about findings. I normally got most of the NRV on lockdown. BUt if you want come post over there, the other guys are great and we always trade too, so it gets some attention.

Major Karr
10-23-2004, 06:46 PM
Gaithersburg Target had the OTC Generals today, no sign of Scanner, and they never had the ones between Bossk and them. A bit annoying.

mtriv73
10-24-2004, 01:18 AM
A friend of mine picked up VOTC chewie for me at TRU in Frederick. He also said K-mart had the 2nd wave of cantina sets in Frederick. I really hope Hasbro keeps shipping OTC until the new movie comes out.

Kidhuman
10-24-2004, 08:51 AM
Bluefield K-Mart had set to of the Cantina Aliens on Friday. I passed on it. It looks like bunk.

aceguide
10-25-2004, 04:11 PM
Thanks for the heads up - I have looked at that thread before and found it is mostly NOVA/MD - which is a bit out of the way. However, I will try my luck to see if anyone is in this neck of the woods.

Kidhuman
10-25-2004, 09:04 PM
HOw far into SW Va are you looking for? I usually cover Radford, C-Burg, Blacksburg, and if I head to Roanoke. I usually post for Bluefield Va/WVa. also.

rcjedi
10-25-2004, 09:34 PM
ace

I'm a SW collector in the HR area, I live in Kempsville. Stuff I'm looking for include the new silver Vader, new JEDI FORCE figs from Playskool and the last fig in the OTC asst., fig #38 -Imperial Trooper. LMK what you are still looking for and if I can, I'll try and help you out. I know a few other collectors in the area that we kind of look out for each other. Talk to you soon.

RCJEDI

aceguide
10-26-2004, 01:53 PM
Target on Military had the entire Jedi Force line a week ago. I picked up the droids, but left the rest. They had also finally restocked the pegs with Bespin Leia, Madine and Han Disguise.

TRU on Military is slim pickens unless you are looking for Galactic heros - well stocked there. If you want a VOTC Han it's the place to be.

Looking for the relatively new OTC - also any wave of VOTC beyond the first.

aceguide
10-26-2004, 01:55 PM
HOw far into SW Va are you looking for? I usually cover Radford, C-Burg, Blacksburg, and if I head to Roanoke. I usually post for Bluefield Va/WVa. also.

Sorry - typo - I am in SE VA and rarely venture too far from home. Used to travel for work and got to NOVA every once in a while. Even made it to your neck of the woods a few times.

If you ever venture as far as Williamsburg there is a Target there that never seems to fail. Three trips and much $$ later I had a falcon, slave leia unleashed, VOTC wave 1 and some OTC. That was when there was nothing in Hampton Roads.

Paying attention to the other VA thread. Thanks for the heads up.

Kidhuman
10-26-2004, 05:35 PM
No porblem AceGuide. I hate tpyos mselfy

jonthejedi
10-27-2004, 12:41 PM
Both Glen Burnie Targets had the OTC General's wave out the ying yang.

Kidhuman
10-27-2004, 06:04 PM
Still have not seen anything new in terms of the Later OTC or ROTJ VOTC> Getting frustrating

Major Karr
10-28-2004, 03:48 PM
Waldorf - TRU, Target, WM nothing
Camp Springs - WM, KM nothing, TRU Silver Vader 9.99
Kingstown/Springfield - WM, Target, TRU nothing
Baileys - TRU nothing, not going to pay to park at new Target
7 Corners - Target nothing, but price tag for Jedi/Galactic? Heroes 7.99

Unless, of course, the globs of the Lando/Madine/Han on the pegs

Lots of places getting boxes of stuff today...maybe the weekend will be fruitful

mtriv73
10-28-2004, 03:51 PM
K-mart in Frederick has a lobot with the "Lobot" sticker on upside down. Iif anyone is into factory mistakes then this may be for you. Needless to say, I left it where it was. They also have several Kitik cantina scenes and a couple wave 1 VOTC figs. Nothing else to report. Someday I'll actually find the last 15 or so OTC figures and a VOTC C3P0.

sparkytheclown
10-28-2004, 04:00 PM
the toys r us in glen burnie got in the votc return of the jedi wave, I bought the last chewy but they still had the other three plus vader and lando, also they had the silver vaders

Kidhuman
10-28-2004, 07:00 PM
Someday I'll actually find the last 15 or so OTC figures and a VOTC C3P0.

Change 3PO with ROTJ and you have my predicament

jobare1
10-28-2004, 07:27 PM
Kinda glad I'm not the only one having problems finding the last of the OTC and the VOTC 3PO. As far as the OTC figs, only need both Vaders, Gamorrean Guard, Bib Fortuna and of course the Scanner dude and now the Silver Vader.

Dale City K-Mart - After almost 2 months the finally get in some OTC figs. Too bad they were the Bespin wave.

Pot. Mills TRU - Nothing new as far as OTC or the Silver Vader. As far as VOTC - 3 Landos, 2 Vaders and a single Boba along with the standard dozen or so Solos.

mtriv73
10-28-2004, 09:47 PM
Jobare, If your out there again and pick up a couple of cloud car pilots I would greatly appreciate it, and pay you back, and pay for shipping, and find someone to give you a well deserved massage. Okay maybe not the last one. If I find anything in the last 15 or so of OTC I'm going to buy it and post it for trading here. If others would do the same thing we may be able to help each other out. (I'm looking for more ROTJ VOTC for you KH)

On a lighter note, after 3+ months of no figures despite having my credit card charged in full, I finally got my order for VOTC figures cancelled with Kebco. I thought I was through with them forever. Naturally, now that the order is cancelled, they start sending me figures (it was a "mistake" by their shipping deaprtment) and expect me to go stand in line at the post office to send them back or have my credit card charged for the figures. Also, the figures arrived in horrible condition (probably UPS's fault but the packing could have been better.) I'm a big fan of Amoktime.com and EE, but if you are considering pre-ordering figures online then I would think twice about ordering from Kebco.

Kidhuman
10-28-2004, 09:59 PM
MTRIV, also try omgcnfo.com, they have excellent customer service and quick shipping. I got my package in 2 days from them. It arrived minty fresh too. If it is in stock, they will ship it quick.

seanmcfripp
10-29-2004, 10:04 AM
The General wave in OTC packaging were at Target in Frederick this morning.

Also for any Transfans out there, the first two limbs of Superion Maximus were available too, and let me say that they are too cool!

mtriv73
10-29-2004, 11:20 AM
MTRIV, also try omgcnfo.com, they have excellent customer service and quick shipping. I got my package in 2 days from them. It arrived minty fresh too. If it is in stock, they will ship it quick.

I keep checking them (they have great prices too), unfortunately they're usually out of whatever I'm looking for. I'm sure I'll get lucky from them someday.

rcjedi
10-29-2004, 03:35 PM
Silver Vader found at TRU at Chesapeake Sq Mall, mid week, about 15 left before store manager pulled for promo starting this weekend. I did see 3 Silver Vaders at Jefferson Ave TRU today, along with Darth Vader voice changer. Nothin' else to report, still need OTC #38.

fightoned
10-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Hi,
I just moved from San Jose, CA. I have hardly know where a walmart is let alone where the best places are to find figures. Anyway I am looking for:

Tanus Spijek: Jabbas sail barge
McQuarrie stormtrooper
padme lars homestead
super articulated clone trooper
han solo endor disguise

Does anyone have a favorite store that I should look at to find figures?

Thanks in advanced,
Ed

Kidhuman
10-29-2004, 09:33 PM
Welcome Ed, where exactly are you located now? We are all oveer the place, we can better help if we know where you live

jobare1
10-31-2004, 10:43 PM
Mtriv - sorry for the delay in getting back to ya (worked 16 hour days both Friday & Saturday), but I did manage to stop back by K-Mart but they were out of CCP's. Sorry. I'll check back at least two times this week and will grab them if I see them.

mm74md
11-01-2004, 01:25 PM
Suncoast and Target have been great to me the last few weeks. I was finally able to get my doubles of VOTC R2, C3PO, & Chewy at Target this morning. They had all the VOTC in stock except for Leia, Lando, & Luke. Still no Slave 1 sightings.

Suncoast has been beating Atomic Comics in the new Gentle Giant releases (got two Stormtroopers there) as well as ALL the stores for new figures.

Unfortunately for me I didn't go to the mall this weekend to cash in on the entire Imperial Scanner wave. I was lucky enough to find an Imperial Scanner on the pegs. He isn't in perfect shape, but I'm not that picky. Plus I got him for only $2 with my Replay rewards.

I usually visit Suncoast during the week. The manager told me he got case 11.5 in on Saturday & everything (except scanner dude) was gone by close Sunday.

So if you are willing to spend $2 more on your figs, check out Suncoast.

Kidhuman
11-01-2004, 05:16 PM
C-BUrg K-Mart, OTC Tusken, and some Dagobah wave. ANH VOTC. Cantina 1 and 2. GH Bounty Hunters, sans Boba and Dengar.

C-Burg Wal-Mart - Dagobah OTC, nothing new really

Radford Wal-MArt - same old, same old. The did have about 6 pallets of toys outside shrink wrapped. Hopefully they are some new figs in them.

Also.....Friday only....K-Mart....GH and OTC figs....3.26 apiece....limit three. Might have some good stuff.

aceguide
11-02-2004, 10:07 AM
My report is nothing to report. Seems like the generals have taken over.

Have you gotten your silver vader?

Kidhuman
11-02-2004, 10:38 AM
I ordered my Vader on Amazon, thorugh a friend. TRU Roanoke never has anything good, so save the gas from driving up there and pay shipping, it worked out better.

rcjedi
11-02-2004, 05:46 PM
I've got 2 extra Silver VADERS for anyone needing them, LMK...

Also have noticed later OTC WAVES have been hitting many local Targets, Slave Leia, LANDO SKIFF, both Vaders, Imperial Troopers(only found 1 of these guys), and of course the various Generals. Nothing to report at the Wally worlds...

Happy Huntin' and MTFBWY all...

jonthejedi
11-03-2004, 10:36 AM
My local Toys R Us in Glen Burnie, MD had the Naboo Final Combat set out today for 19.99. I think this is one of the best looking of the last coupla sets. Also had Vader voice changers stacked 5' high. Big find were the LOTR rotocast Sam, Frodo & Gandalf which I picked up. I thought I read this line was cancelled, so I don't know how hard to find they'll be. Only three they had.

mtriv73
11-03-2004, 08:56 PM
Target in Frederick had Slave 1 today. I got the last one.

aceguide
11-05-2004, 08:33 AM
Anthing to report out there?

Looking for anything BUT Solo VOTC...

Would like to score the Naboo TRU set - I have a battle wagon from EPI that would make for a nice combo x-mas goft for the little guy...

Kidhuman
11-05-2004, 10:20 AM
C-Burg Target had nothing new, 2 VOTC Han and Bens, 1 General Lando and Madine, OTC. Thye did however have a J'Quille and a Tanus if anyone in the area needs one. Also had a tie Fighter. Anyone hit K-Mart's one day sale today?

jonthejedi
11-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Yes, KH...I did, and we can now add K-mart to the growing list of mass merchants choked to the gills with the General's wave 11. The only thing I bought was a Capt. Antilles, so my VOTC Vader has someone to choke. The only problem was the weight of the good Capt. kept snapping the shoulder/elbow socket joint right off Lord Vader. There's always kRAZY gLUE. How did everyone in the tri-state area like the trailer?

sparkytheclown
11-05-2004, 03:39 PM
everyone dont forget halo 2 comes out on tues, last chance to reserve it, is anyone going to the midnight madness events

jobare1
11-05-2004, 08:13 PM
How did everyone in the tri-state area like the trailer?

I loved it. A chill ran down my spine when I heard Vader. Dying to see Sidious in action. Anyone, who has seen it, notice the Royal Guards lying on the floor of Palpatines office when Yoda enters? You see the first one to the left of Yoda as he enters, then when Yoda ignites his lightsaber you see the 2nd one to the right of him.

Finally found something new, Potomac Mills TRU finally put the silver Vaders on the pegs. Grabbed 2. They also had ROTJ VOTC.

Pot. Mills WalMart - what a waste. 3 pegs that are overstuffed with VOTC Luke, Obi-Wan & Hans. I think they had 1 OTC fig and the rest were Saga.

Dale City K-Mart: the same two VOTC figs (Ben & Solo) & 2 OTC figs (Bespin Leia & Lobot).

Kidhuman
11-05-2004, 08:17 PM
Got back from Bluefield and they had nothing. 2 VOTC Lukes and a Tie Fighter Pilot OTC. What kind of sale is that?

The trailer is awesome. I have been watching it a helluva lot. Gives me chills everytime I see Qui-GOn.

jonthejedi
11-05-2004, 08:27 PM
Trailer rocked bigtime! Even after all this time, Ian McDiarmid's "Emperor" voice still gives me the willies. My son loved the wookiee army shot!

mtriv73
11-06-2004, 08:08 AM
Target in Frederick had 3 more Slave-1's yesterday evening. I also found the other cloud car pilots I was looking for. Still no sign of Gamorreans or bib fortuna. :(

Kidhuman
11-06-2004, 10:24 AM
Radford Wal-Mart had nothing. Beginning to irk me to no end. I want the last VOTC wave already.

aceguide
11-08-2004, 09:32 AM
TRU on Military:

Plenty of Naboo sets (score), y-wing, Vader's tie, one Lando VOTC left and one VOTC Stormie. Plenty of Saga and TWO FULL PEGS of POTJ snaggle. The remaining 4 pegs were all Saga. Also had a bunch of voice changers.

Ended up with my Silver Vader - which they also had on the pegs...

mtriv73
11-08-2004, 05:38 PM
Picked up the Naboo 4-pack (and another silver vader) at TRU in Hagerstown yesterday.

jonthejedi
11-09-2004, 04:44 AM
mtriv73...how was your Slave 1? I only saw it once, and the version I bought is missing Fett's missile in the backpack. I suspect many were recalled as none of my Targets ever seems to have 'em in stock. Nothing new seen, as the Generals 3 are peg-warming everywhere. I only need the scanning crew guy at this point(he resides in my Falcon carry case), but it'll be nice to see him in the OTC packaging. I want the Vader voice changer for my son and I, but I'll wait and get it at Target cheaper.

mtriv73
11-09-2004, 12:08 PM
[QUOTE=jonthejedi]mtriv73...how was your Slave 1? QUOTE]

Honestly, I haven't had time to open it yet. The paint looks great (through the plastic) and I was going to put the VOTC Boba Fett in it so I didn't notice if it had the rocket or not.

Major Karr
11-10-2004, 12:50 PM
The Gaithersburg Target had about 8 Slave I yesterday, all a little banged up and all with Boba missing his missle. High up on overstock shelf.
Nothing of note today in Potomac Yard (except for several younglings again), Baileys Crossroads, Camp Springs or Kingstowne.

mtriv73
11-11-2004, 02:51 PM
Got the scanning trooper yesterday at target in Frederick.

sparkytheclown
11-11-2004, 08:20 PM
kbtoys in annapolis mall had the rotj and esb votc waves in today

jobare1
11-11-2004, 08:52 PM
Lucked out & finally scored a VOTC 3PO yesterday at Pot. Mills Target. Went by there today (what a freak'n madhouse) to see if they had, just maybe, put out any new OTC, but pegs were still overloaded with Generals wave.

Kidhuman
11-12-2004, 05:03 PM
Found a scanning crew guy and a Hoth Vader in my mailbox today. :D

Radford Wal-Mart had noting new, they do have the ESB & ROTJ DVD sets for 5 bucks apiece though. Might get an ESB set. Thye had a ton of them.

jobare1
11-12-2004, 07:28 PM
Found a "new" fig today. Well, new for me. OTC Vader (ANH) at Pot. Mills TRU. It is really kinda shocking since I don't think I've scored a new figure from them since Ep.I. Nothing else from that wave.

Pot. Mills WalMart - what a waste. Still nothing. I really feel like giving up on this store but I know the moment I do they'll get 10 of everything.

Pot. Mills Target - zip

Fixer
11-12-2004, 11:12 PM
A few Slave 1's at Chantilly Target. Also have Leia cup & fig. sets.

Slicker
11-14-2004, 04:26 PM
If anyone care what's up in the dirty south of VA I found a Red Y-Wing and the Vader voice changer at a Virginia Beach TRU. The voice changer is nice but now worth $35.

Major Karr
11-14-2004, 04:50 PM
Found Vader 29 & 34, Slave Leia and Bib today at Frederick WM (near mall) no sign of Gamo or Scanner. The other WM, TRU and Target had nothing. Across the river in Leesburg, nothing at Target or WM.

jonthejedi
11-15-2004, 05:23 AM
Took a gas-exhausting quest-for-somethin'-new ride yesterday...Glen Burnie, Columbia, Bowie, Arundel Mills, Laurel, Ellicott City...and what to my wandering eyes did appear...more of the General's waves. AAArgghhh!! :cry:

aceguide
11-15-2004, 10:44 AM
If anyone care what's up in the dirty south of VA I found a Red Y-Wing and the Vader voice changer at a Virginia Beach TRU. The voice changer is nice but now worth $35.

Slicker - trying to get a little Southern VA banter going on in a Hampton Roads thread in this section. Hope you will chime in there too.

seanmcfripp
11-16-2004, 01:22 PM
KB Toys in Frederick (FSK mall) has 4 Ephont Mons.

Slicker
11-16-2004, 01:53 PM
Slicker - trying to get a little Southern VA banter going on in a Hampton Roads thread in this section. Hope you will chime in there too. I'd love to. I've finally got some extra income so I'm getting back into it after the holidays (who knows what Santa will bring) so I'll be out and about.

That whole Ephant Mon thing makes me mad. I just bought one off of Ebay for $14.:frus::mad:

Kidhuman
11-16-2004, 09:31 PM
Found all 5 POTC figures today, Pablo, Padme, Rabies, Yaura and Sly. Good find I'd say. Still no ROTJ VOTC though.

Kidhuman
11-16-2004, 10:05 PM
Fellas, I found the POTC wave in SW Va. So keep an eye out in your area.

jobare1
11-17-2004, 12:15 AM
Found all 5 POTC figures today, Pablo, Padme, Rabies, Yaura and Sly.

Congrats on the finds. What store did you find them in?

Slicker
11-17-2004, 12:33 AM
Thanks for pointing me over here aceguide. I'm in Virginia Beach which if I'm not mistaken isn't far from you (I've only been here for a couple of months).

TRU on Lynnhaven Pkwy. had the red Y-Wing and the Vader voice changer and at the Navy Exchange (NEX) in Oceana they've still got the same 4 or 5 OTC figs and they've got the Lego Hailfire droid for $20. If they ever have anything good that you need I can easily get it for you.

Kidhuman
11-17-2004, 06:52 AM
Wal-Mart in Radford.

Kidhuman
11-17-2004, 06:53 AM
You should get that Lego Haolfire, thats a nice piece.

aceguide
11-17-2004, 10:32 AM
No problem Slicker.

As you are new - Hampton Roads IS Virginia Beach - it's also Norfolk, Chesapeake, Portsmouth etc. You might also hear people refer to the area as Tidewater. Either way welcome.

So we are very close as I am in Norfolk.

Haven't made it out lately so I have very little to report. Target at Greenbrier in Chesapeake had plenty of generals as well as a couple (remaining) cloud car pilots. Target on Military Highway in Norfolk had a ton of Saga figures from the later waves if you are interested.

aceguide
11-17-2004, 10:35 AM
Fellas, I found the POTC wave in SW Va. So keep an eye out in your area.

Might have to take a trip today at lunch...

rcjedi
11-17-2004, 10:41 AM
Found the POTC yesterday at Lynnhaven TRU, -Rabe,Yarua,Pablo-Jill,Queen Amidala, and Sly Moore...Happy Huntin'!

aceguide
11-17-2004, 05:14 PM
Found the POTC yesterday at Lynnhaven TRU, -Rabe,Yarua,Pablo-Jill,Queen Amidala, and Sly Moore...Happy Huntin'!

Thanks for the heads-up!

Kidhuman
11-17-2004, 09:56 PM
Did ya get them AceGuide?

Kidhuman
11-17-2004, 10:15 PM
Wal-Mart in C-Burg was overpacked with the later OTC wave. They had 5 Tuskens, 4 Jawas, 1 Scanning Crew, a few bibs, 6 snowtroopers. SOmeone snagged the Vaders, and others from the racks though. A good place to cath up on the last waves if you need them. I passed since I have em all already.

mtriv73
11-18-2004, 09:50 AM
Wal-Mart in C-Burg was overpacked with the later OTC wave. They had 5 Tuskens, 4 Jawas, 1 Scanning Crew, a few bibs, 6 snowtroopers. SOmeone snagged the Vaders, and others from the racks though. A good place to cath up on the last waves if you need them. I passed since I have em all already.

Just be glad they have something. There isn't a single figure on the pegs at the Wal-mart near my house in Frederick.

Slicker
11-18-2004, 03:23 PM
Just bought 8 of the 12 VOTC at the Lynnhaven TRU. They had a ton of Fetts and Stormtroopers. They also had the Battle for Naboo 4-pack and the Red Clone Unleashed. I think that's the rare one. I didn't buy it but it looked to be in great shape. If you want it PM me and I can go back and see if they still have it.

jonthejedi
11-18-2004, 06:19 PM
Yeah, the Generals are clogging the pegs at our nearby Targets and WalMarts(along with Bespin Leia, Red 3PO & Hoth rebel trooper) so heavily, I don't think we'll see restock or new figures for months. Then there's Toys R Us...20-40 AOTC blue-card figures from 2002, plus some silver Vaders & clone troopers. I have yet to see 1 Imperial scanning trooper...anywhere. I did order the POTC "5" from Toys R Us/Amazon...and got them several days later. Not the best packing job(loose air pillows), but at least it's somethin' new.

Kidhuman
11-18-2004, 06:21 PM
Hopefully these figures wont be clogging my pegs anytime soon. MTRIV, suprised you didnt come down for the game tonight. VT vs MD. SHould have been right up your alley. And on top of it, you could have gotten a ton of new figs.

sparkytheclown
11-18-2004, 08:00 PM
two big finds today first toys r us in annapolis had gotten in the new 2005 episode I wave i bought one set of them still at least 2 sets left, also kbtoys in annapolis got in the return of the jedi votc they had all four and they had the empire strikes back votc including c3po

jonthejedi
11-19-2004, 07:11 AM
Sparky...do you still need scanning member #38. I don't have him yet myself, but if I see multiples, I'd be glad to stash one...since we're pretty centrally located to each other. Let me know.

aceguide
11-19-2004, 09:32 AM
Did ya get them AceGuide?

I went to the TRU closer to me and came up empty - should have spent the extra 20 minutes in the car but I was on a limited lunch break.

No matter what it's good to hear they are out there somehwere.

jobare1
11-19-2004, 08:09 PM
Got lucky and found POTC Syl Moore & Amidala late last night at the TRU in Manassas. No sign of the other 3.

As far as today goes:

Potomac Mills Target - nothing
P.M. TRU - nothing
Dale City KMart - less than nothing

sparkytheclown
11-19-2004, 10:44 PM
jon... the only figures im missing are slave leia and the scaning guy

jonthejedi
11-20-2004, 05:14 AM
Sparky...I'll keep an eye out...the only one I'm missing is #38Imperial Trooper(scanning crew). The WalMarts are so clogged with stuff that's not moving, it might be some time for them. I complained to the new Target...they scanned for bin locations, actually admitted there was stuff in the back, but wouldn't go check for me.

Slicker
11-20-2004, 10:17 PM
Went to the Nimmo Rd. Walmart and they had a ton of OTC and VOTC including the several Vader, Fett, and Stormtrooper VOTC.

mtriv73
11-21-2004, 02:45 PM
MTRIV, suprised you didnt come down for the game tonight. VT vs MD. SHould have been right up your alley. And on top of it, you could have gotten a ton of new figs.

Believe me, I wanted to (couldn't get tickets.) My wife went to UMD and I went to VT. Hokie football is one of the few things I like better than Star Wars. I watched every minute of the game though.

I (finally) found VOTC C3PO yesterday at the WM on 26 in Frederick. Haven't seen anything else new this weekend.

seanmcfripp
11-21-2004, 09:18 PM
I noticed the new "Maryland" thread is empty. I dunno about you guys, but I'd just as soon keep posting in this one. I think most of us MD'ers have a pretty widescope when it comes to reporting, so keeping it all in this thread would be more helpful than if we cut out our friends from northern VA, DC, Mason/Dixon line PA'ers and panhandle WV'ers.

Plus, I'd totally miss the daily ritual of checking my trusty "VA/DC/MD Finds" thread a few times a day. Don't leave guys...let's stay here!

Oh, and nothing new to report. Wait, I take that back. Frederick Target put out some old Saga figs on Friday. Don't everybody rush out at once, but they have the younglings/Yoda packs and Barriss Offees clogging the pegs now.

And since I haven't seen anyone else report this, Suncoast in the FSK mall has two Sandcrawlers.

jonthejedi
11-22-2004, 04:31 AM
I agree...love the "tri-state" approach we have. Helps me determine "when to turn up the heat" looking for new stuff, as well as saving me gas(and hopefully others as well). I don't like the new organization. Merchandise seems to hit the west coast first; then moves east. The forums now take even longer.

Kidhuman
11-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Fianlly find the ROTJ VOTC this morning at C-Burg Wal-Mart. Picked up Chewie, 2 Stormies and R2, no Fet though :(.

On the note of the Tri-Area thread....

I love it. I am the only one in my area really, so I would be posting to myself. I have worked out a few trades with a few here and I enjoy. As Mod of the section, I dont care if you guys post in the section. If it aint broke Dont fix it. BEsides, MD is too small to have 2 threads. :beard:

Kidhuman
11-22-2004, 10:11 PM
Found 3 of 4 VOTC ROTJ today. Missing Fett, but did snab 2 stormies

jonthejedi
11-23-2004, 12:47 PM
Sparky, North Glen Burnie WalMart(Chesapeake Ctr) had tons of slave Leia, Gam. Guard, ANH & Hoth Vader this am.

Slicker
11-23-2004, 01:11 PM
Lynnhaven TRU had all 12 VOTC including tons of Vader's which I had never seen. Still had the Unleashed Red Clone Trooper.

mtriv73
11-24-2004, 08:33 AM
TRU-Frederick has the lego AT-AT for $49.98. The Wal-mart on 26 still doesn't feel the need to put any figures out. Everything else in the toy department is stocked to the gills, but the only star wars figs they had last night was a Dodonna and 2 VOTC 1st wave figs.

aceguide
11-24-2004, 09:25 AM
I plan on hitting some stores before too long...

Wondering if anyone has spotted the At At @ TRU - Would love to pick this up at half price on Friday...

aceguide
11-24-2004, 09:27 AM
TRU-Frederick has the lego AT-AT for $49.98. The Wal-mart on 26 still doesn't feel the need to put any figures out. Everything else in the toy department is stocked to the gills, but the only star wars figs they had last night was a Dodonna and 2 VOTC 1st wave figs.

The AT AT was already marked down? I thought this was a Friday thing?!?

Slicker
11-24-2004, 11:45 AM
Just picked up the Imperial Scanning Trooper at the Navy Exchange in Oceana. They also had Slave Leia Gam. Gaurd and Bib.

mtriv73
11-24-2004, 07:11 PM
I thought so too Aceguide, but I picked one up today (I had to find my 20% off any one item card first) for $41 with tax. Not a bad deal for about 75 cents worth of plastic. No new figs to report. I'm hoping the Hoth Vader, Gamorrean, and Bib fortuna wave makes it to Frederick this week.

jobare1
11-24-2004, 07:46 PM
Just wishing everyone a safe & happy Thanksgiving.

Slicker
11-24-2004, 07:48 PM
Found the Scanning Trooper, Bib, Gam. Gaurd, Slave Leia, and Scout Trooper but only bought the Scanning Trooper.

Kidhuman
11-24-2004, 10:24 PM
Just wishing everyone a safe & happy Thanksgiving.

Right back at ya.

Slicker you got a PM

Kidhuman
11-24-2004, 10:26 PM
Slicker, you got a PM. :beard:

sparkytheclown
11-25-2004, 04:21 AM
jon.. thanks for the tip now all i need is the scanning guy

mtriv73
11-26-2004, 07:01 PM
Found Yarua, Sly Moore, Rabe, and new Amidala today at TRU Frederick. No sign of Pablo Jill or the Cantina guys.

Kidhuman
11-26-2004, 10:38 PM
Has anyone found the Cantina Wave yet?

Major Karr
11-28-2004, 11:33 AM
Found all 5 of the first 2005 wave at the TRU in Kingstowne/Springfield this am. They have about three complete sets left as of an hour ago.
Still no sign of the Imperial Scanner though. Getting frustrated.

sparkytheclown
11-28-2004, 06:57 PM
they have the new 2005 figures at the toys r us in glenbunie

jobare1
11-28-2004, 08:15 PM
Still no sign of the Imperial Scanner though. Getting frustrated.

I feel your pain, brother. Still haven't seen Gam. Guard, Bib, Hoth Vader and of course the Imp. Scanner.
I did manage to get 2 more of the '05 figs. Only one I'm missing is Rabe, but I'm not worried about finding that one since they seem to be showing up at most TRU's.
Kid - I think I read somewhere that the cantina figs would be out sometime in late December or early January. Hope I'm wrong.

mm74md
11-29-2004, 05:33 PM
Suncoast in Hagerstown has the Sandcrawler for $59.99. Very small & overpriced IMO. Would be an auto buy at $30.

Kidhuman
11-29-2004, 09:22 PM
CBurg Target had all the VOTC this morning sans Vader. Had the entire ROTJ Wave, like 5 of each. They also had a tone of Saga figs out. R1-G4 wave and the Hoth Wave. :confused:

CBurg Wal-Mart had nothing new, just 2 VOTC Landos and a bunch of Tusken OTC along with the same old pegwarmers.

Major Karr
11-29-2004, 10:13 PM
Finally, I found a lone Imperial Trooper/Scanner at the Target in Laurel tonight, and now that list is complete. If the 3 '05 Cantina Guys don't come out next month, I guess I will be done for the year.

aceguide
12-01-2004, 08:51 AM
[QUOTE=kidhuman]They also had a tone of Saga figs out. R1-G4 wave and the Hoth Wave. :confused:QUOTE]

It's an epidemic. SE VA Targets all got a shiney new shipment of the R! & Hoth waves. Moving like molasses... :ermm:

jonthejedi
12-03-2004, 05:09 AM
Still looking for scanning crew dude...if anyone in MD sees multiples, please stash 1 & PM me. I'll gladly help with your wants. Jobare...do you still need Bib F. ? One of my WalMarts had 'em several days ago.

jobare1
12-03-2004, 07:49 PM
Jobare...do you still need Bib F. ? One of my WalMarts had 'em several days ago.
Thanks Jon, but as of Dec.1, I was informed that I wasn't allowed to buy any more figs until after Christmas. So I've got the feeling that my fiance has ordered the figures I need. I still go out "looking" to see what's in the area. I really appreciate the thought.

Potomac Mills TRU: nothing.

P.M. WalMart: choking on VOTC figs (and not even newer ones). 3 pegs full of Solo, Kenobi and Luke. Not a single OTC.

P.M. Target: some of the newer VOTC figs (including 1 3PO) but still overloaded with the HOF figs and the Generals wave.

Kidhuman
12-03-2004, 08:24 PM
What ya should do is have him pick it up and hold the receipt as a back up plan. :D :beard:

jonthejedi
12-04-2004, 05:47 AM
It's crazy that West Coast forum members are finding 6-8 scanning member guys at 1 pop, and alot of us are finding nadda. I ran into the Hasbro regional merchandisers the other day & begged them to pull or recall these 2-year old AOTC pegwarmers taking up residence. And Toys R Us wonders why they're losing their market share...

aceguide
12-06-2004, 09:14 AM
My report is...

There's nothing new in the Norfolk area...

aceguide
12-06-2004, 09:17 AM
It's crazy that West Coast forum members are finding 6-8 scanning member guys at 1 pop, and alot of us are finding nadda. I ran into the Hasbro regional merchandisers the other day & begged them to pull or recall these 2-year old AOTC pegwarmers taking up residence. And Toys R Us wonders why they're losing their market share...

I have to agree with you - especially about TRU. My local store hase two pegs of POTJ zuttons in addition to AOTC (3-4 pegs) and Han VOTC (2 pegs). Not one single OTC card in the mix.

You cannot stay competitive with stale product.

Slicker
12-06-2004, 10:33 PM
Found a Scanning Crew Trooper at the NEX in Oceana but it had a couple of creases or else I would've picked it up for someone. I feel if it's not good enough for me it's not good enough for ya'll.:D

Slicker
12-07-2004, 02:26 PM
Just found about 3 sets of POTC at Lynnhaven TRU. I only bought Yarua, Celebration Padme, and Rabe but they also had Sly and Pablo. Also just as I was walking up to the figures a sales person was putting price stickers for $6.99 over the $4.99 ones.

Kidhuman
12-07-2004, 09:17 PM
What price did you get them for?

Slicker
12-07-2004, 09:23 PM
I ended up paying $6.99 for each because like I said he had just put the new price stickers on them. There was nothing I could really do about it. :(

Kidhuman
12-07-2004, 09:23 PM
Peel the stickers off and say, look 4.99

Slicker
12-07-2004, 09:26 PM
And last I knew the Unleashed Red Clonetrooper was a variant but they had about 6 or 7 of them there. I've also seen several at a couple of Wal-Marts and K-Marts. What gives?

jonthejedi
12-08-2004, 05:19 PM
Following in the footsteps of Major Karr...I found a lone Imperial Trooper(#38) yesterday at Laurel Target around 3:30 pm.

wampa88
12-08-2004, 06:15 PM
New to this thread. KB @ Greenbrier Mall had the VOTC Chewbaca 15".

Thanks for the heads up (RCJEDI) on the Jedi Council Scene 3 @ Lynn TRU...

Major Karr
12-08-2004, 06:46 PM
I guess that means in two weeks another one will appear. The Potomac Yard Target has many Hoth Vaders, several Gamos and some Bibs. Nothing else new anywhere I usually check. I might move over to the WOTC roleplaying stuff. They remind me of that micro series I had a long time ago. Besides, for the price of 2 regular figures you get 7 small ones. Only downside is you don't know till you open the box.

Wait, the TRU at Kingstowne had the 3rd Jedi Council scene. Sorry about the brain lapse.

sparkytheclown
12-08-2004, 07:11 PM
tru in glen burnie got the jedi set #3 in

jonthejedi
12-09-2004, 05:25 AM
South Glen Burnie Target has had alot of OTC Hoth snowtrooper, Vader & Biker Scouts the last few times I've been in. I hope the Imperial Trooper isn't heading to be the "Ephant Mon" of its day for all those army builders out there.

jonthejedi
12-09-2004, 05:27 AM
Thanks Sparky for the Jedi#3 lead...how does it look? Did you notice whether they got it any new LOTR from Toy Biz?

Kidhuman
12-09-2004, 07:08 AM
Has anyone spotted the Cantina wave?

sparkytheclown
12-09-2004, 10:43 AM
didn't notice jon....the scene looks okay...i mean i don't think any brain cells were damaged in the making of it....3 peg warmer figs now boxed together....happy happy holidays!

Kidhuman
12-09-2004, 04:40 PM
C-Burg Wal-Mart had a ton of ROTJ VOTC figs. Only two stormies though. Tons of the rest.

Major Karr
12-09-2004, 10:20 PM
Sorry for the late post, but the KB in Springfield Mall had 3 Imperial Troopers in stock on not so minty cards early this evening.

mtriv73
12-10-2004, 09:25 AM
As a 31 year old I'm embarassed to admit this, but my Mom picked up Hoth Vader and Bib Fortuna at the Wal-Mart in Hagerstown for me yesterday. (I can't believe I have family members looking for figures now.) I haven't seen anything new in Frederick since I picked up Yarua et al. a few weeks ago. If I ever find a Gam. Guard and a Pablo Jill I'll be done (till the cantina figs come out at least.)

Has anyone gotten their Holiday Jawa sets from EE yet? Their site says mine shipped on 11/29, but I haven't seen them yet. Since they shipped it regular mail it doesn't surprise me it's taking a while to come from CA, but I figured 2 weeks would be plenty of time.

Kidhuman
12-10-2004, 10:18 AM
MTRIV, dont be embarrassed, my parents hunt for me and I hunt for my dad. He collects McFarlane baseball figs, so I give him a heads up and he gives me a heads up as well on SW figs. Sad thing is my brother works at Wal-Mart and doesnt ever tell us if new stuff comes in.

The other thing is, holiday shipping via the post office. It is called snail mail for a reason, and this time of year is worse. :D :beard:

mtriv73
12-10-2004, 05:06 PM
I think the next time I'm worried about something I've ordered showing up I'll just post here. The Jawa packs came in today. They look great.

Slicker
12-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Just got back from the K-Mart on First Colonial. They had 6 or 7 of each of the new POTC figures and I have no idea why when they're only charging $7.39 apiece.:rolleyes: They also had all of the bounty hunter Galactic Heroes including both versions of the Boba and Dengar. They also had 2 Stormtrooper Galactic Heroes 2-packs. They had bar scene #1 for $17.99 I think.

jonthejedi
12-11-2004, 06:59 AM
Ellicott City Toys R Us on Rt. 40 had last Jedi Council Scene 4 in yesterday. Sorry I couldn't report sooner but phone lines were shot(thanks Verizon!) due to the weather, I guess. I bought one(more on upper shelf), but this has to be the year's end rock-bottom recycle king from Hasblow. Eeth Koth in same battle pose renamed Agen Kolar jammed in the middle slot, and Adi Gallia pretty much verbatim renamed Stass Alie except for minor paint variants. I did find a *@#$-load of new ROTK figs. from Toy Biz at various Toys R Us'sss, as well as new AOME. I wonder if those new cantina guys will hit by year's end.

Kidhuman
12-11-2004, 09:37 AM
Radford Wal-Mart had same old junk.

Slicker
12-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Lynnhaven TRU had several POTC figs along with the Playskool Jedi Force figures that I never knew were coming out. There about 6" tall and they had Luke X-Wing and the droids 2 pack.

rcjedi
12-12-2004, 08:09 PM
Lynnhaven TRU also has Jedi Council scenes 3 & 4!!!

Slicker
12-12-2004, 08:19 PM
I've seen them there for awhile now. Sorry about not reporting it earlier but I didn't think they were new or hard to find.

Kidhuman
12-13-2004, 05:02 PM
C-Burg Wally WOrld....Tons of ROTJ VOTC. Picked up 2 stormies, Vader, Fett and Chewie to open. Left tons of Fetts, Stormies and otehrs.

CBurg Target.....4 Scanning Troopers, and a bunch of CCPs. Dooku Unleashed, and a ton of cup sets.

jonthejedi
12-14-2004, 05:20 AM
KayBee in Marley Station Mall(Glen Burnie) had a bunch of Imperial Troopers(OTC#38) in yesterday afternoon at 6.99 a pop. Still looking for cantina aliens.

jobare1
12-15-2004, 07:59 PM
Scored the "Cantina" wave this morning at Potomac Mills TRU. Couldn't believe my eyes when I rounded the corner. I used to finding pegs full of 1-2 year old Saga figs. Also had the repacked Sandtrooper.

Kidhuman
12-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Lucky Duck. At least they are showing here now.

jonthejedi
12-16-2004, 09:19 AM
Also scored the "Cantina" wave this am(Thurs, 8:30) at Glen Burnie Toys R Us(this usually means Annapolis will have them around the same time). Multiples of each left & 1 sandtrooper, plus biker scout & stormie on '05 cards. Nobody there but a coupla "Moms". Scalpers may not have known about the 8AM opening time. Rang up at 6.99@(aaargghh!) as Ep III figs. Tried to stash a set, but employees were everywhere stocking. Happy hunting to all!

Slicker
12-16-2004, 12:51 PM
Found a couple more Imperial Troopers yesterday but they both had a crease in the exact corner. I looked very deliberate which sickens me. I would've picked em up for anyone that still needed one. From the sounds of though most everyone that wants one has one so that's good.

Slicker
12-16-2004, 02:44 PM
I found literally 8-10 Imperial Troopers today at the Nimmo Rd. Wal-Mart. I picked up an extra 2 for those of you that may not have gotten one yet. I also saw for the first time the Vader and C-3PO action figure cases at the same Wal-Mart.

Also if you PM or post here I can go back tonight after school and see if they have anymore on the pegs. I grabbed the best 2 but others looked good also.

RCJedi. Where abouts do you live in Virginia Beach?

rcjedi
12-16-2004, 03:09 PM
I also found MAD Imperial Troopers today at the Greenbriar Wally world, there must have been at least 6-7 cases of figs still on a dolly in the toy aisle. Picked up an extra one for me and 2 for a fellow collector.

Yesterday, I found the Cantina aliens (2005 figs #'s 6.8.7) at Lynny TRU, also had some of the OTC repacks like Sandtrooper, Scout Trooper, Stormie, Han, Yoda and Chewie. Happy Huntin' and Happy Holidays to all!!!

RC

aceguide
12-16-2004, 04:09 PM
Scanning trooper dude was at GReenbrier KB along with several Chewies.

Targets continue to disappoint.

mm74md
12-17-2004, 11:36 AM
Also scored the "Cantina" wave this am(Thurs, 8:30) at Glen Burnie Toys R Us(this usually means Annapolis will have them around the same time). Multiples of each left & 1 sandtrooper, plus biker scout & stormie on '05 cards. Nobody there but a coupla "Moms". Scalpers may not have known about the 8AM opening time. Rang up at 6.99@(aaargghh!) as Ep III figs. Tried to stash a set, but employees were everywhere stocking. Happy hunting to all!
I went to Hagerstown TRU on my lunch break yesterday mainly because I saw this post. They had the Cantina wave there. Well, they had the Cantina figures, but no Sandtrooper which is all I want at this moment :eek: . Actually, there were no Sandtroopers, Stormtroopers, or Biker Scouts. It must have been cleaned out by the same butt-munch who took all the Jedi Force figures on Monday from the same TRU :mad: .

On another note, has anyone picked up the ROTK EE Gift Pack with the Minas Tirith collectible inside? I'm thinking about getting it since it's on sale at Best Buy & Circuit City for $49.99.

jonthejedi
12-17-2004, 02:48 PM
MM74, I did get the ROTK gift set for 49.99 at Best Buy. This is the first one from the trilogy I've gotten. I wanted the Howard Shore Bonus DVD(largely full excerpts from his concert in Montreal, with little in the way of behind-the-scenes). The Minis Tirith polystone is just icing on the cake. Because I bought the ROTK theatrical cut DVD, there's also a $10 rebate. How can you miss at 39.99!!! Sorry you didn't score the sandtrooper(I understand he's the short-packed figure). Did you get the 3 cantina guys! I loved buying new new figs. after so long.

Kidhuman
12-17-2004, 03:14 PM
I saw the Minas Tirith boxed set. I looked awesome. I had to pass it up because of Christmas. :(

mm74md
12-17-2004, 03:53 PM
Well, I picked up the ROTK boxed set. It was the last one the Hagerstown Circuit City had. I brought it into work & took it out to find that IT'S BROKEN!!!

I'm so irritated. Since CC doesn't have anymore in stock, I have to drive down to Frederick to exchange it!

It is a sweet deal with the $10 rebate.

Slicker
12-19-2004, 05:33 PM
I once again found tons of the Imperial Trooper at the same Nimmo Rd. WM. I picked up a total of 6 for Val Da Car.

jonthejedi
12-20-2004, 05:06 AM
Glen Burnie Toys R Us finally got in last(#4) Jedi Council Scene. I hope KB gets these in like before at markdown...then I can obtain extras to open.

rcjedi
12-20-2004, 06:45 PM
New Unleashed figs found at PA and Nimmo Wally Worlds today, they had MACE, DOOKU and VADER!!! Happy Huntin'!!!

...saw 6-7 Imperial Troopers at Military Wally on Sunday mornin'...

jonthejedi
12-21-2004, 05:52 AM
Marley Station KayBee Toys had POTC in stock with the exception of Pablo-Jill. South Glen Burnie WalMart on Crain Hwy. had like a whole turnstile endcap of the new SW Unleashed: Mace, Vader & Dooku. Has anyone in the tri-state area seen the new Clone Wars wave? If they're in Indiana, should be "any day now".

Kidhuman
12-21-2004, 08:41 AM
Report from Ohio says that they found the CW wave 3 in Wal-Mart as well. SO they are not only Target exclusive this time around.

aceguide
12-21-2004, 10:24 AM
So here's a question:

What's up with Target? Do they not know it is almost Chrustmas.

Was at Target on Military and they had ONE fig on the peg - R4G1 Saga - that's it??!!??

I used to count on the local Targets for decent stock - but for the last few months they have been off the radar...

jonthejedi
12-21-2004, 12:17 PM
North Glen Burnie WalMart had all 4 SW Jedi Force in this am, and South Glen Burnie WalMart had the unopened box on a pallet("Preschool"). Aceguide, I read your post in the other VA section, and I just don't get what's going on with Target either. I found almost all my OTC there, but lately the SW sections have hardly been restocked at all, even when they had their sale. It shocks me to no end that Toys R Us had the POTC & Cantina waves first, after I blasted them for having nothing but 2year old AOTC figs. warming the pegs. WalMart also has been dormant, basic figure wise, and yet they skipped several steps ahead to be the 1st store with new Clone Wars animated figures. Who knew?

Slicker
12-21-2004, 12:22 PM
The Target near me has exactly 2 figures. If anyone wants a couple of Madine's from my local Target PM me. :D

mtriv73
12-21-2004, 03:09 PM
The Wal-mart in Frederick on 26 has Jedi Force figures. They had Vader, Luke, 3-PO, and chewie. I think I'll be passing on these unless my wife suddenly tells me we're expecting.

K-mart in Frederick had 3 Pablo Jills (minus the one I bought) as well as several handmaidens and one Yarua. They were going for $6.99 each! That's ridiculous. If I had seen them anywhere else in the last month I definitely would have passed. Even TRU (when they had them) had them for $5.99.

mm74md
12-21-2004, 03:18 PM
The Wal-mart in Frederick on 26 has Jedi Force figures. They had Vader, Luke, 3-PO, and chewie. I think I'll be passing on these unless my wife suddenly tells me we're expecting.

As does the Hagerstown WM. I got some these at Frederick TRU on Sunday and some last week at Hagerstown TRU. I can't wait until Christmas morning to play with these...I mean see my kids play with these :D

Kidhuman
12-22-2004, 10:01 AM
Radford Wal-Mart had a ton of Lando Skiff, Lobots, CCP's, and Scanning Ttroopers. No cantina Wave yet.

mtriv73
12-22-2004, 11:46 AM
Radford Wal-Mart had a ton of Lando Skiff, Lobots, CCP's, and Scanning Ttroopers. No cantina Wave yet.

Ugh. Most of those will be there for a while. We're getting ready to enter the post-christmas doldrums where stores think no one is interested in toys and they don't restock much. Unless I find the cantina wave this week I may just go ahead and order them from somewhere.

jonthejedi
12-22-2004, 04:17 PM
KayBee Toys in Arundel Mills Mall had Scanning troopers, as well as all 5 POTC figures(including Pablo-Jill). South Glen Burnie WalMart off 97 had all 4 die cast Titanium" vehicles today. No price marked. I passed for now...I need the $$$ for CW animated figs.

Major Karr
12-24-2004, 09:13 AM
Found the three Cantina Aliens and a lone Sandtrooper this morning at the TRU at Baileys Xroads. Still had a set of aliens left.
No sign of CW anywhere yet.

Have a safe and great holiday everyone.

Kidhuman
12-24-2004, 10:59 AM
Have a merry CHristmas everyone.

jonthejedi
12-26-2004, 03:39 AM
Season's greetings & Happy New Year! Everyone be safe.

mm74md
12-27-2004, 02:17 PM
My local Kmart has the VOTC 12" Figures on clearance @ $19.99 each and the OTC Falcon on clearance @ $39.99. Target still was full price. TRU still has nothing of interest. All I want is the OTC Sandtrooper :(