PDA

View Full Version : VA/DC/MD Finds

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Jedikmg
04-05-2002, 11:30 AM
Sadly there is not much finding going on in north centeral maryland.

Major Karr
04-05-2002, 11:31 AM
I thought Jobare1's idea of a common area thread was a great idea so here goes.

I went to the WM at Potomac Mills this morning since others had luck there yesterday and not a single AOTC figure was in sight. I saw about 8 boxes that said "Do Not Open Until April 23rd" on a pallet and asked the woman stocking toys when they would be out and she just smiled. She left to answer a call so I opened the top box and found the remaining 8 I needed and went to the cashier. They rang up "Do Not Sell" and I explained that I had bought several two days ago. So she called for help and the Head Cashier said they were recalled and could not sell them, regardless of any previous purchase. So I left empty handed.

The Springfield WM had nothing as well.

The search continues

skyward72
04-05-2002, 02:07 PM
If you guys need any of the new deluxe figs or 25th anniversary figs I have found them on clearence at Target in Glen Burnie. They also had the Rebel Trooper and FX-7 for 3.40. Not a bad deal.

Major Karr
04-05-2002, 04:44 PM
I forgot to mention they also had an opened case of 100 (?) piece AOTC puzzles, which I passed right over

jobare1
04-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the wasted trip this morning, but I also went there around 6:30 this morning, just to see if they were still there and I found the exact same thing........5 empty shelves. I guess someone there finally got the message about not selling/displaying them. I wish I had access to the internet at work, I probably could have saved ya a trip.

P.S. - which collection did you find.

Jedikmg
04-05-2002, 09:56 PM
Does this only apply for Hasbro toys or is this lego as well? I am planning on heading down to a store that had the gunship lego the other day and pick one up, but i don't want to go if i am going to get turned back at the register.

jobare1
04-05-2002, 10:25 PM
I would assume that this would also apply to the Lego's too. I was in the Pot. Mills WalMart about 2 weeks ago and found a whole pallet filled with AOTC Lego boxes as well as a couple of Jedi Starfighter boxes. This pallet was being plastic wrapped and taken to the back and I've never seen any of the Lego sets on display at the store. Then again, this is the store where I got both coll. 1 & 2 figures a couple of days ago, but they've since pulled them all.

I'm not saying that they're not gonna be there, but I highly doubt it and chances are that if it is there, will it ring up at the register?

Rogue II
04-07-2002, 10:15 AM
In case anyone cares, I found the FX-7 Wave at KB Toys in the Laurel Mall. There were 2 of each (queen decoy, FX-7, Rebel Trooper, Imperial Officer) at $7.99 each.

Also, the Electronics Botique had POTJ figures marked down to $2.99. I picked up Duros and Bespin Leia.

Jedikmg
04-07-2002, 10:36 AM
I just found the new ATOC Cereal at Wies Mt. Airy. They had one with Obi/Jango and another with Count dooku/anakin/padme on the fronts. They also have Star Wars Adventure game on the back. They had a new picture of the Jedi Libary on the back.

skyward72
04-07-2002, 12:46 PM
I found the EP II puzzels at the Walmart in Ellicott City. They had been put out on the shelf. I didn't buy any so I'm not sure if they would have rang up at the cash register.

Jedikmg
04-08-2002, 01:50 PM
Walmart in Ellicot City had Star Wars Stratego and the big Yoda lego. I didn't buy either of them saving my money for the figures.

Rogue II
04-08-2002, 03:24 PM
I saw that Lego Yoda at the KB Toy Store in Pentagon City. It was $189.99. Quite a bit out of my price range. It looked pretty big.

A.J.
04-08-2002, 08:24 PM
The K-Mart in Eldersburg, MD had 3 (or 4) of the Jedi Starfighters this afternoon. They were on the overstock shelf above the pitiful display of POTJ and pre-view figs (including 1 Jango).

jobare1
04-09-2002, 09:57 PM
Stopped by the Potomac Mills WalMart on my way to work this morning and found both the bomber and speeder. They were on the top shelf and I couldn't reach them. Since I was running late for work I couldn't search for anything to use to reach them so I figured I'd come back at lunch time and get them. Big freak'n mistake. They were gone. Guess they either pulled them back off the shelf or someone bought them all.

Jedikmg
04-10-2002, 05:55 PM
K-Mart Eldersbery had a few of the puzzles and all 3 board games. I didn't buy any of it because i am saving my money for the figures. They also had a couple of Jedi Starfighters.

Jedikmg
04-12-2002, 09:03 AM
Anyone checked the local k-marts recently?

Rogue II
04-12-2002, 09:20 AM
Last weekend I was in the closing KMART in Laurel. They must have had found an old case of EP 1 figures. Nothing great.

I was thinking of going to the another closing KMart in Forrestville to see if any older figures pop up, and I might hit the KMart in Clinton (near Andrews) to see if any of the new toys show up.

skyward72
04-12-2002, 09:25 PM
Check your TRU's. I found a case of the Teebo wave at the TRU in Frederick tonight.

Jedikmg
04-13-2002, 01:04 PM
thanks for the tip i need the teebo wave. They had about 5 of each left after i bought my set.

Rogue II
04-13-2002, 04:18 PM
Just went to the Toys R Us in Latham, MD. They had lots of Jango Fett, Clone Trooper, and the other preview figs ($5.99 ea.) There were a few AT-STs. They still have 3 Han Solo/Millenium falcon CD-Rom games (I thought about getting one, but I haven't heard anything about it). They also had Anakin's podracer and some droid fighters from EP 1.

Ames in Latham didn't have anything new. Just EP 1 Preview Battle Droid with STAP, Leia in speederbike, and 2 POTJ figs (Ben and Qui Gon).

Target in Largo has moved all of their Star Wars to a clearance aisle. There are now WWF figs where the POTJ figs were.

Major Karr
04-13-2002, 11:18 PM
Here is what I saw in the last 2 days:

WM in Germantown, Waldorf and Springfield had nothing.
WM in Clinton had a lot of the new Lego stuff - Republic Cruiser, Tusken Encounter, Super Battle Droid.

Kmart in Gaithersburg had 2 Jedi Starfighters of which I bought 1. Still deciding if I like it or not. It's just the ship with no bonus figure.

Ames in Alexandria (Rte 1) had nothing.
Ames on Edsall Road had 3 Slave 1's (29.99) and both the lightsabers (21.99)
Ames at Seven Corners had some of the AOTC figs at 6.99! but I left them due to the not-so-mint condition and the price. They had Jango, Obi-Wan (Coruscant), Anakin Peasant, 1 R2-D2 and a Kit Fisto. They also had a few Starfighters.

Somewhere I saw the Stratego, Life and the third game. I think it was at the Kmart.

Looks like Ames may be the place to check.

Jedikmg
04-14-2002, 11:50 AM
Went to eldersberg k-mart again. They had took the puzzles and board games off the selves.

Major Karr
04-14-2002, 03:57 PM
The Ames at 7 Corners had the Slave 1s. Still there today.

Jedikmg
04-16-2002, 10:04 AM
That is to much money at ames i think i will just wait till April 23rd

Rogue II
04-16-2002, 06:42 PM
I'm not a comic book collector, but I saw the Attack of the Clones comic book (or graphic novel, whatever they call it) at Barnes and Noble in Laurel, MD. It was real tempting to buy it to find out what happens in the movie, but I held back.

Jedikmg
04-16-2002, 06:59 PM
I would have just skimmed through it in the store.

jobare1
04-16-2002, 07:47 PM
Since I'm on vacation this week, I decided to do a little 'shopping' today:

Woodbridge KMart - 4-5 boxes of coll. 1 & 2 (wave 1), a box of 12" figs, and a box of lightsabers. All sitting on a pallet towards the rear of the toy dept.

Wdbg. Ames - 4 Jedi Starfighters
Potomac Mills Target - nothing
P.M. WalMart - nothing
P.M. TRU - a bunch of preview figs, a few Imp. Officers and rebel troopers.
P.M. Kohl's - not a freak'n thing.
Dale City KMart - a few remaining preview figs. Nothing else.

Oh well, only a week to go.

skyward72
04-16-2002, 07:59 PM
Checked Ames in Frederick, they had some deluxe figs for $3.49. Not too bad. They also had the Jedi Starfighter.

jobare1
04-16-2002, 08:11 PM
Anyone here planning on doing the Midnight Madness thing? The only ones here in VA that are doing it are: Fairlakes, Bailey's Crossroads & Sterling.

Rogue II
04-16-2002, 09:58 PM
I won't be doing the midnight maddness thing and hold out til later in the week. I only plan on getting a few figures from this new line since I only get the Classic trilogy figures. So from the list I have seen, I'll get R2-D2, Emperor's Guard, Bespin Luke and Vader, and C-3PO. I haven't decided if I will get Yoda and the Tusken Raider.

None of the Ames I have been to seem to have anything. I wouldn't mind picking up an Amanaman and Leia real cheap.

I was at KB Toyworks in Bowie today, they had signs up saying they would be open at 8am on the 23rd for all of our Star Wars needs. They had the Deluxe Darth Maul real cheap, but none of the other POTJ were on clearance yet. They also had the Lego Droid Developer kit for $50, but the Walmart next door to it had the same one for $25. Walmart didn't have much else, a few preview figs, a bunch of POTJ Boss Nass, and I think Ketwol.

skyward72
04-17-2002, 05:11 PM
I have the same feeling about the Midnight Maddness. It already seems that some figures have become pegwarmers on EBAY and they haven't even been offically releasesd. I too most likely wait till the end of the week to search for new stuff. I have a feeling most items will be easy to come by.

I did find a box of the EP II Slave 1 at K Mart in Northren VA today. The Kmart in the Sully Plaza off of RTE 50 had them sitting on a toy skid in the toy dept.

jobare1
04-17-2002, 05:24 PM
I'm with the two of you. I really don't feel like fighting the masses. I'll probably stop by the Pot Mills W-M on my way to work that morning and get the figs that I don't already have. But, judging by the amount of boxes I've seen there, I really don't expect anything to be too difficult to get (hopefully).

Major Karr
04-17-2002, 07:53 PM
At the Kohl's in Gaithersburg today they had some puzzles, Legos and I think the Life game. The Target had the Anniversary collections marked down to $7.90. The B&N had a great find in the bargain section. From EPI there was a boxed art collection from Doug Chiang that was originally $55.00 for $9.98! Can't beat that.

Major Karr
04-17-2002, 07:57 PM
Also the Ames at 7 Corners Va had more EPII figures in stock, #s 1, 3, and 6 thru 12, many Slave 1s and I saw a Reek. I had those figs already, but i was able to get a Geonosian Warrior, Saesse Tiin and Jar Jar Binks

Major Karr
04-17-2002, 08:00 PM
I didn't mean to post three times, but I forgot the I got 3 of the 4 deluxe figures...Count Dooku, Jamgo Fett and Obi-Wan, but they did not have Mace.

skyward72
04-17-2002, 09:00 PM
Great finds, I was in that area today and didn't stop. Doah!

Jedikmg
04-18-2002, 09:27 AM
I haven't been able to find anything episode 2 up here in Northern Maryland. Oh well i will be at Wal-mart when it opens thesday morning and get all of them.

brentfett
04-18-2002, 02:39 PM
Found a few AOTC figures and Slave 1 at the Ames in Dundalk, MD today.

jobare1
04-18-2002, 05:22 PM
Decided to take a trip down to the Garrisonville Ames (Rt.610) and see if they had anything new and I lucked out again. Picked up Nikto Jedi (2x), Geonosian Warrior, Saesee Tiin, Jar Jar senator, red Clonetrooper (2x), Dexter Jettster and Zam Wessell as well as all 4 deluxe figs. They also had the Reek but decided to leave that. These must have been the later cases because I didn't see any Tuskens, Plo Koon or Shaak Ti. They only had 1 Zam.

No sign of Yoda or Hanger Anakin.

Major Karr
04-18-2002, 08:51 PM
The Ames at both Edsall Road and in Alexandria Rte 1 had quite a few AOTC figs in stock today. I found R2, C3PO, Zam, Clone Trooper, Padme and Kit Fisto.

Major Karr
04-19-2002, 11:34 PM
The G'burg KM had an entire endcap of AOTC today. It is not on the main aisle but along the back wall in the toy dept. They had most of numbers 1 thru 12.

Jedikmg
04-20-2002, 10:34 AM
Thanks for the tip.... I got 10 figures, Anakin and Obi Wan 12", Slave 1, Dooku's Saber, and Obi & Jango Deluxe at K-Mart in Gaithersberg.

skyward72
04-20-2002, 10:41 AM
Jedikmg, is it still worth going down to the Gaithersburg Kmart now? Did they have a lot of product still on the shelf? Thanks

Jedikmg
04-20-2002, 12:13 PM
YES!!!! I got the last C3-PO, and the the 2nd to last Super Battle Driod, Last Obi Wan, and 2nd to last Outlander Anakin, and last Padme. NO KIT FISTOS!!!!! They had a good amount of everything else.

They had alot of Roleplay stuff, and 2 deluxes left. They had 3 Slave 1s. They had maybe 30-40 figures left lots of Battle Droids, Boba Fetts, and Typhos.

Rogue II
04-20-2002, 03:54 PM
Springfield Mall: Software Etc. had ATOC Collection 2 figs: Senator Jar Jar, Genoshian, 2 Jedis, and some other guy. $8.99 each.

KMart next to Andrews AFB: 1 12" Clonetrooper, ATOC Card Game, and a couple Jedi Starfighters.

Toys R Us next to Andrews had some Legos...Bounty Hunter Chase to be exact.

Jedikmg
04-21-2002, 10:42 AM
I forgot to make a post about this the other day, but i called FAO Shwartz down in Tysons Corner and pre-purchased the Shuttle Tyderium. So i suggest you guys call down and pre-purchase yours also.

Rogue II
04-21-2002, 11:15 AM
Thanks for the info about the shuttle, but I'm not shelling out that much cash for it because I'm not a die hard vehicle collector.

I most likely won't get the snowspeeder or Tie-bomber either. I haven't even seen one yet.

skyward72
04-23-2002, 12:01 PM
Anyone find the Tie bomber or Snow speeder. I caught a glimse of one last night at the Frederick Walmart. I ve been to 3 other Walmarts and have struck out in each instance.

Jedikmg
04-23-2002, 12:52 PM
Wal-mart mt. airy had about 3 or 4 of each left as of my second trip there at 10 am.

Rogue II
04-23-2002, 03:19 PM
Still haven't seen the Tie Bomber/Snowspeeder.

Target in Landover/Largo didn't have squat.

Walmart in Clinton next to Andrews had lots of figures. They were somewhat picked over. There were 4 of each speeder (Anakin's and Zam Wessel's), a bunch of whatever that beast, and a boatload of Jedi Startfighters.

Does anyone know of any shows or conventions that come thru this area?

skyward72
04-23-2002, 06:10 PM
Thanks Jedikmg for the tip, I was able to pick up the elusive Tie Bomber.

Major Karr
04-23-2002, 08:50 PM
Did anyone see Count Dooku in their travels today? I think that is going to be the hardest to find, followed by Yoda, Anakin (Hangar) and Royal Guard. I found everything else but that one. Any tips?

Major Karr
04-23-2002, 08:52 PM
Both the WM in Frederick had the snowspeeder and tie bomber this afternoon

Jedikmg
04-23-2002, 09:08 PM
I picked up 1 of the 3 count dookus at mt. airy wal-mart today. They also had plunty of yodas and hanger anakins... I only saw 1 Royal Guard and i grabbed it up.

jobare1
04-23-2002, 10:53 PM
I just got home from a trip out to the WalMart in Manassas and they've got EVERYTHING. I went out there mainly to find a Dooku and they had at least 6 or 7 of him there. They also had 3-4 Luminara, 4-5 Anakin Hanger, 2-3 Yodas and at least 5 Royal Guards. When I left there at 11pm they were still bringing cases out. I don't have a clue where they're gonna put them all cuz the pegs are stuffed.

Hey Sloppy, you still out there?

Fixer
04-24-2002, 07:51 AM
Anyone finding Taun We? Him and the Royal Guard are all that I need of the first 27. I managed to get the last TIE Bomber and second to last snowspeeder at the Springfield WalMart. I'll have to make a Manassass run soon.

brentfett
04-24-2002, 03:09 PM
Is it just me or are the cases with Dooku and Taun We tough to find around MD?

Major Karr
04-24-2002, 08:55 PM
It looks like only WM has the box with Count Dooku in it. I found a badly damaged one in Charles Town WV and had to leave it, but there were lots of Yoda, Royal Guard, Tuan We and Anakin Hangar found in all the WM in MD I went to today. Guess I should go south to Manassas or Potomac MIlls.

jobare1
04-24-2002, 09:03 PM
Don't bother with Potomac Mills WalMart. I stopped by there twice today (near my work and home) and still no Dooku. Manassas would be your best bet. They had them last night, but I don't know if they're still gonna be there.

Fixer - I forgot to mention it last night, but the WalMart in Manassas also had around 3-4 Taun We.

Major Karr
04-25-2002, 04:39 PM
Just got back from the Manassas WM, which still has several Count Dooku left if anyone is still looking. My collection is now complete and i can rest till the next wave.

Rogue II
04-25-2002, 06:41 PM
I saw 2 Taun We at Ames in Landover/Hyattsville (I'm not sure what what city exactly) Near Fed Ex stadium on Rt 214. There aren't too many collectors that shop there so they should be there. I bought 1 of the 2 Royal Guards.
-Plenty of ships.
-No Yoda or Dooku.

jobare1
04-26-2002, 06:22 PM
Stopped off at the Potomac Mills WalMart today during lunch and they still haven't put anything new out. Hell, it almost looks like they haven't restocked the shelves either. From there I went to the Target just down the street. They finally got some figures in. They only one they had were Luminara, Royal Guard, Taun We, Nikto, Saesee and maybe one or two others.

I did find something kinda interesting for those interested in variants. Came across a Luminara that didn't have any tape covering up the "Removable Cloak". They had around 8 or 10 figs of her and only one of them was like this.

skyward72
04-26-2002, 09:34 PM
TRU in Columbia had the POTJ FX-7 wave, if you guys still need these. They just put up a whole case this afternoon. I also found plenty of AOTC variations at this store.

underdog25
04-27-2002, 09:37 AM
Hello MD, DC and VA! I didn't realize that there was a forum for us on sirsteve's, AWSOME! I know the Clinton and Lanham (New Carrolton) TRU's got the Count Dukee:-) Wave and the Lanham is a good one to go too and get them. It is in a bad area and not alot of collectors go there. Just ask them if there are none on the floor. They should have a ton in the back as all TRU's do right now. Also, have you seen the Laurel TRU's Ep 2 display? Very nice. It is the biggest and best of any store in the area. They have 4 tv's showing all 4 movies, lots of graphics, the new sound track playing, Monsters INC guys dressed up (Mike is in a Jedi costume!) and tons of new stuff. They only have collection 1 and 2 waves #1 so no hard to find stuff but really cool to walk in the front door and into the Star Wars universe. I have a question, is everyone around here disappointed in KB's output? The few I have been to only have one case of figures and that is it. Not very good at all. Hello to all in this area and good luck in your hunting.

Rogue II
04-27-2002, 09:55 AM
KB Toyworks in Bowie (Next to Walmart) had Lots of figures. I got Dooku and Yoda there. They had 3 large bins of figs, plus 2 racks. I've only lived here for a few months, but I have never been impressed by KB's Star Wars selection. Since the revival of the Star Wars line, I have only purchased a few things from there and most of them were on clearance. The store in Bowie is the best KB I've been to.

Hey Underdog, I get the feeling we don't live very far apart from each other.

underdog25
04-27-2002, 09:50 PM
Rogue II
I actually live in Catonsville. I have only lived in the area for alittle over 2 years myself and don't see that much of it because of work. I have heard the Bowie KB's is a good one. I think that there is suppost to be a very large Toyworks somewhere down there too?? I wish I could get out more but I can't. I just read some of your posts somewhere else. I WAS in the active duty military before too. My collection took a beating from Germany to Kansas to Maryland. Now it is in boxes in my basement.

Fixer
04-29-2002, 12:03 PM
jobare, thanks for the tip! - I picked up the Royal Guard, Taun We, & Luminara at the Potomac Mills Target during lunch. The circle is now complete. At least, until the next waves show up.

Ronin Diesel
04-29-2002, 04:10 PM
Underdog,

If you're in Catonsville, have you checked out the Walmart on 40 near 695? The stretch of route 40 aka Baltimore National Pike, between 695 and Route 29 has two Walmarts and one TRU. Last thursday I was able to get almost everything I wanted from wave 1 and wave 2 of AOTC, plus the tie bomber and the snowspeeder. (still looking for the yellow clone trooper) The Tie Bomber and Snowspeeder were at the Walmart in Ellicot City. (3200 N Ridge Rd,Ellicott City,MD 21043 for those of you who want to Mapquest it)

Happy Hunting!

jobare1
04-29-2002, 08:29 PM
No problem Fixer, glad to help.

Stopped by Pot. Mills WalMart. They had a couple of Yodas, Luminaras, Anakin (Hanger) and Taun We and Royal Guards, besides all the other usuals. Picked up another Anakin (Hanger) with a different sticker on it than the one I already have. (Kinda getting into variations now).

P.M. Target still had a bunch of Luminaras and Guards.

underdog25
04-29-2002, 09:59 PM
Ronin Diesel

I have been to all three the past week and I must just not be hitting at the right time. I had the bomber and snowspeeder in my hands but didn't want to pay the $ for them right now. As for the TRU, the Catonsville one sticks VERY bad. I laughed at the SW Ep2 section there. What a joke! TRU has lots of the figures. To be honest all the stores are choking on them. Every single one of the stores have more in the back. You could ask but they will more than likely say no. AND it is a crap shoot as to what TRU has as far as waves. Some have better than others. To get really specific collection one and collection two each have the SKN number assigned to them. Each collection comes in (I think) three waves as of right now? So when the waves get the the warehouse, they all get put into one area by SKN (collection 1 or 2). When they load the trucks to go to the stores, they just load them. Some stores get all of collection 1 wave 1, some stores get none. It really happened to the 2nd and 3rd waves. Just look at TRU's selection and you will see that the early waves are the only ones in the stores. That is at least the ones I have been too. I really don't need to go "hunting" for the stuff anyway. I just have to be patient and wait till it gets to my store:-) I have a cool job.

Where did you go Rogue II??

Rogue II
04-30-2002, 06:50 AM
I'm in Landover.

Bowie is wierd. There is a KB Outlet store in the Bowie Towncenter, and right down the street next to Walmart and Giant, there is a KB Toyworks. They are within a mile of each other. The only Star Wars items the outlet store has are some EP1 Darth Mauls and Commtech Readers ($3).

I'm glad I bought that last line of POTJ online because I have never Teebo/BoShek wave in the stores around here. Hopefully, they will turn up on clearance somewhere like the POTF2 did.

I doubt I'll be getting much hunting in the next 2 weeks since my mother in law is coming to visit. Although, she knows I like Star Wars...

Most of my collection is open now, since there is no point in trying to keep the boxes in good condition. They are more fun that way too.

underdog25
04-30-2002, 09:42 AM
Rogue II
I know the feeling with the box thing. So much of my stuff has been dinged and dented from all the Gov. moves it isn't funny. I have been re-imburst for some of it though:-) Now over 1/2 my collection is in boxes. This is due to me having no room to display my stuff. I had to give up my extra room for my new baby, but I am not disappointed in it. Someday I will have a whole basement or large room to display all my stuff and THEN I can open it up. It is just easier to buy it and then pack it away for later.

underdog25
05-01-2002, 03:37 PM
just got back from Rt 40 hunting. Nothing new at Catonsville Walmart, TRU, Kmart or Westview mall. The mall had a Anakins podracer for $7 and the KB's had a Teebo and R2 droid from the POTJ collection. Both were $7.99. They also had red helmet clone troopers. I have yet to see a Yoda:-(

TheBigSloppy
05-01-2002, 05:27 PM
jobare,

Didn't realize we have a new thread here. Well, I haven't really had a chance to go hunting as often as I'd like. I have all but the six from wave 3. I also realllllllllllllllyyyyyyy want the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder, as I am sure most everyone else wants, but cannot find.

As far as variations go, I have all the background cards, with the exception of Dex, Geo Guard and one or two of the higher numbered figures. I have both R2 variations. But that's about it. I haven't found any variation of gun trays in Peasant Anakin or the different mole-faced Padmes. Haven't seen sticker variations and all that jazz like some of you. . .

Jobare, any chance you got an extra TIE Bomber or Snowspeeder?

-t

Jedikmg
05-01-2002, 06:15 PM
I found the 12" Mace Windu at toysrus Frederick. Has this been out since the 23rd?(i haven't been to a toysrus sicne then i found everything at my first stop). They also had alot of yodas, HD anakins, and i didn't check for dookus.

underdog25
05-01-2002, 08:06 PM
The Mace just hit the warehouse in Frederick (fREDneck:-) so the store there gets all the good stuff. All the other stores should have him on the shelf by the weekend.

jobare1
05-01-2002, 08:42 PM
Glad to hear from ya. I was starting to get worried. Anyways, i passed on both the Tie bomber and the Snowspeeder, not once, not twice, but three times. I've decided to try and concentrate on the figs from now on. Getting expensive. But now that i know you need them, I'll keep an eye open. With my luck lately, I should come across one or two. Same here on the background figs. Just missing Dexter and Geo Warrior. Found the Padme with the mole on her face. Actually found three of them but only wanted one. Still haven't seen anymore of the Luminara w/o any tape over "Removable" or "Cloak", glad I grabbed the one when I did.

As for an area report. The only "new" thing I found was the 12" Mace at the Pot. Mills TRU.

skyward72
05-01-2002, 08:43 PM
Just got back from TRU Frederick. They had a bunch of Mace's, thanks Jedikmg. I also found one Count Dooku. I didn't look very good, so there could be another. Plenty of Yoda's and Hanger Duel Anakins. They also had the last three POTJ waves. Not too bad. They get the good stuff first because the Distribution Warehouse is right around the corner.

underdog25
05-02-2002, 10:19 PM
The Laurel TRU has a ton of Yodas and Dooku's. I was there about 8PM tonight.

Rogue II
05-03-2002, 12:32 PM
I was at the KB in the Fashion Center in Pentagon City. They had a bunch of 12" AOTC. As for the regular AOTC, I didn't really look for Dooku or Yoda, sorry, but they had 3 FX7 and 6 each of the Queen Decoy (Black) and Theed Invasion Amadala (Red). They were going for $6.99. Deluxe Leia and Amanaman were marked down to $6.50.

I also went across the street to Borders. I picked up the Action Figure Archive for $4. It is a pretty cool book.

TheBigSloppy
05-04-2002, 01:14 PM
Thanks for looking out for me, JB. I hear you about the whole money thing. I think Hasbro went overboard by (technically) releasing 27 figures at the same time. Argh. . .

Then you throw in all these variations. . .

And vehicles you can't even find. . .

And a POTJ wave that has never been seen at retail. . .

Between eBay, TRU, WalMart, Target, my time and fuel, this is becoming way too expensive. I am so overwhelmed that I think I've almost reached the end of my rope.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-04-2002, 08:09 PM
My sis found Count Dookus and Yodas at Fair Oaks Mall.

jobare1
05-04-2002, 09:58 PM
Sounds like me. At least I've got all the figures out of the way. Well, at least until the Bespin Vader wave shows up. The only figs I'm getting now are the variations. Found the Geonosian Warrior w/ background at Fair lake TRU. Still looking for Dexter.

Rogue II
05-05-2002, 02:28 PM
Here is what I found today when I cruised thru Forrestville:

KB Toys: Green card hologram Emperor and Garadian, Yoda with planet Dagobah, 6" Jawa

KMart: A few POTJ (Aurra Sing, Ketwol...) 50% off all toys, including Legos.

Ames: Get this...3 Banthas, yes, Banthas with Tusken Raider. The boxes were pretty jacked up. They also had Tessek, R2-Q5 and a couple others from that wave, Lando, and some others. They also had Lumanaria(sp?). The Episode 1 accesory packs were on clearance for $1.50.

Hope this helps anyone that is missing some of the older figures.

TheBigSloppy
05-06-2002, 09:24 AM
WOW! Cool finds Rogue! I went to Potomoc Mills area yesterday. Found Deluxe Mace Windu with no holes in his feet.

That's aboot it. . .

Rogue II
05-06-2002, 09:37 AM
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, they had a whole bunch of Luke Gunner stations, Leia in speederbike, and a mess of preview STAP with Battle Droid. Come to think of it, every Ames I've been into hast the preview STAP.

I really wanted to pick up one of those banthas, but I resisted.

Jedikmg
05-06-2002, 07:31 PM
I just got back form the Celebration... Anyone find the next waves yet? I hit a few stores on my way back and didn't see them.

TheBigSloppy
05-06-2002, 09:22 PM
Jedikmg. I heard that Jorg Sacul was hard to come by for even those who attended. Did you get one, two, three or four? Have an extra to spare?

Jedikmg
05-06-2002, 09:29 PM
I got 4 of them. One for every hour i waited in line to get them. One of them got bent a little i am hoping it will fix itself i put a book on it to hopefully straightin it out.

I had orginally planned only to get 2, but the person i went with and i got seperated and both bought some.

Jedikmg
05-06-2002, 09:30 PM
They are all spoken for tho. My friends who weren't able to come are taking 2 and i am keeping 2.

TheBigSloppy
05-07-2002, 11:54 PM
Well. I wound up buying a Jorg Sacul from eBay. My luck, the price will go down. I could always cost dollar average in the event they do. . .

Also, FOUND the TIE bomber and snowspeeder tonight!!! I now have every vehicle from POTF2 - present. Wish I had my toys from when I was a wee tad. :( Oh well. :eek:

Still no signs of Dooku and company. I'm sure they will eventually show up. They always do.

Anyone find Boshek wave in any retail stores?

jobare1
05-08-2002, 08:26 PM
Congrats on the bomber and speeder finds.

As far as the BoShek wave goes, I've only seen it once and that was almost 2 months ago at the Potomac Mills WalMart. Haven't seen it since.

What figs do you still need from AOTC?

Stopped by PM WalMart, TRU & Target today. Nothing new at any of them. Glad to see that Target dropped their prices.

Jedikmg
05-08-2002, 09:21 PM
Has anyone found Qui Gon wave or the Bespin Wave?

I need Luke, Vade, Qui gon, Endor Soldier, Massif, Jango Fett(Final Battle), orn fee taa, and mace.

jobare1
05-08-2002, 09:29 PM
Haven't seen any around the Potomac Mills/Dale City/Woodbridge area yet. I did hear of someone finding them at a TRU down in Richmond.

TheBigSloppy
05-08-2002, 09:55 PM
Hey JB. Still need Yoda, Royal Guard, Anakin Hangar, Luminaria (no sticker and one sticker variants), Count Dooku and Taun We.

TONIGHT
I found two Padmes with moles. One dated 13441; the other dated 13581. For those who may not be privy to Hasbro's dating scheme: the first number is the year it was made (1 meaning 2001); the next three digits tell the date (344th day of the year); and 1 denotes the batch number (first batch made).

Also found Luminaria under a mountain of figs in one of those TRU bins - both words covered with tape!

That's about it. . .

jobare1
05-08-2002, 10:13 PM
I wouldn't have any problems getting 5 of those 6 figs. Of course the one that might give me a little problem is Dooku. The Luminara w/o any stickers is gonna be hard. I've only seen it once and haven't run into it again.

Let me see what I can do on those figs for ya. The Dooku shouldn't be that bad. I've got two, so if I can't find one I'll give you one of mine. I'll get back with you tomorrow.

jobare1
05-08-2002, 10:16 PM
How many Royal Guards do ya want?

TheBigSloppy
05-09-2002, 12:13 AM
WOW. THANKS!!!

Royal Guards? Hmmmmmmm. . .One is fine.

I haven't been going overboard with buying multiples like I did with POTF2, EPI and POTJ. Like I said earlier, 27 figures released at the same time doesn't offer much flexibility with my wallet. . .

THANKS AGAIN!!!

Fixer
05-09-2002, 08:45 AM
Sloppy,

Saw the BoShek wave at the Springfield Kmart on Commerce drive. There were still 2 BoSheks and at least three Teebos and R4s when I left yesterday lunchtime.

Any sign of the next Saga waves (28 & up) in the area?

TheBigSloppy
05-09-2002, 09:03 AM
Thanks for the heads up.

Uh. . .where's Springfield? You know, us city folk don't get out too too much. Just kidding. It's right down the road from Apu's Kwik-e-Mart, right. :D

Doubt I'll make it there though. . .no biggy. I just want another R4-m9.

TheBigSloppy
05-09-2002, 09:04 AM
Oh, and no signs of the next waves (D.C. area)

brentfett
05-09-2002, 01:00 PM
Saw the Bespin Vader/Luke, new Mace and new Jango figures at the TRU in Towson. Picked up Dooku, Massif, Orn Free Ta, at the Wal Mart near me in Shrewsbury, PA, which is just over the MD line. Also saw the Endor soldier and that awful Qui Gon but passed on those.

skyward72
05-09-2002, 06:04 PM
Got the new Final Jango Fett & Mace at the Columbia MD TRU. No Luke or Darth Vader though. They also had a couple of Taun We figures.

jobare1
05-09-2002, 09:30 PM
Found Bespin Vader, Jango (Final Battle) and Mace (Geonosian Rescue) at the Fair Lakes TRU. They had plenty of Mace & Jango, but only a couple of Vaders and not a single Luke.

Sloppy - I've got ya the figs you needed. Couldn't find any Yodas or Dookus but I've got an extra one of each so you can consider them yours.

A.J.
05-09-2002, 09:44 PM
I missed Bespin Luke and Vader at Columbia TRU today too. Passed on the Mace and Jango. With the number of those on the pegs they must have had 2 or 3 cases. Boy the classic figs went fast!

underdog25
05-10-2002, 08:36 AM
The Laurel TRU had tons of Dooku, Yoda's and teh Luminara, Taun we and the Bo Shek wave. Lots of each for sure. Not alot of people in the building due to the weather. Hope someone can find what they are looking for

jobare1
05-10-2002, 08:43 PM
Went for a little "trip" this evening:

Pot Mills TRU: nothing new. Had Imperial Officer & Rebel Trooper (about 6 of each) if anyone is looking to build a small army.

Pot Mills W-M: nothing new

Woodbridge Target: couple of Luminaras and Taun We.

Woodbridge Ames: a few Royal Guards, Taun We and Luminaras

Springfield TRU: same as everywhere else, nothing new

Springfield W-M: same

Springfield KMart: BoShek wave (thanks Fixer). Picked up an extra Teebo.

Sloppy, since I was up there, I picked up an extra R4 for you.

Major Karr
05-10-2002, 08:50 PM
The WM in Germantown and both the TRU in Gaithersburg and 7 Corners had nothing new. Any other sightings besides Columbia?

jobare1
05-10-2002, 09:09 PM
Found the Bespin wave last night at FairLakes TRU. They had 3 of the 4 from this wave, with Luke being the missing one.

underdog25
05-10-2002, 10:39 PM
The Laurel TRU had the Luke Wave. They also had the Dooku wave and Luminara wave too. There was only two lukes and two vaders on the shelf when I got there. I grabbed one of each. Also still had alot of the Boshek wave.

Major Karr
05-11-2002, 05:56 AM
Thanks for the updates, had been out of the country where I had seen everything we had here except for Dookoo, and saw in the posts that the next wave was showing up.

Jedikmg
05-11-2002, 11:18 AM
I found Luke, Vader, Mace, and Jango at Toysrus Fredrick. Only 2 lukes I bought one of them. Lots of the others.

skyward72
05-11-2002, 11:23 AM
Hey Jedikmg, did the Luke have the bloody stump? I was there this morning and they only had Mace and Jango left.

Rogue II
05-11-2002, 01:52 PM
Toys R Us in Columbia had lots of Vaders and Lukes. I only found 1 Luke that had the red. All of the others (and there had to be at least 8-10 more) did not have red.

Jedikmg
05-11-2002, 01:52 PM
Nope neither of the lukes had the bloody stump.

Major Karr
05-11-2002, 03:58 PM
Neither the Springfiled WM or TRU had anything new. Seem to be always striking out!

Jedikmg
05-11-2002, 06:38 PM
Still need the massif wave.

valin horn
05-11-2002, 07:59 PM
thx for the heads up on dooka and teebo at laurel tru
new to the forum but hope to give as much info as i get

Jedikmg
05-11-2002, 08:09 PM
Welcome. Always ncie to have someone else arround here to help hunt for the new figures.

TheBigSloppy
05-11-2002, 08:44 PM
Hey JB,

You are amassing quite a few figs for me - I am forever indebted to you! Just tell me when you want to meet and how much I owe you.

You must need something? Right?

Thanks

-t

Senator Binks
05-11-2002, 09:53 PM
OK, Northern Virginia today mostly yielded evidence of restocking -- which had been picked up by others before I got there.

Tysons TRU - Nothing noteworthy except a lone Luke (bloody), which I picked up. (!)

Seven Corners TRU - Nothing new at all, although the floor guy was extremely friendly and went through all the pegs looking for a Taun We when I offhandedly mentioned that I was looking for a second one. He said he hadn't seen anything new for a few days and that they had only one Yoda in all week. They had a bunch of stuff there earlier in the week (Taun We, Luminara, Royal Guard) that was now nowhere to be found.

KB Toyworks Seven Corners -- a good number of Taun We, Luminara, and Royal Guard in case anyone is still looking for those, but no Bespin wave.

TRU Kingstowne -- Good score late in the evening; picked up Mace Windu (Basic); Anakin (Hanger), and Jango (Final). Unfortunately, they only had the one of each of those that I picked up. IIRC, they had some Luminaras there as well. No trace of Luke, Vader, or anything else new.

Wal-Mart Kingstowne -- Nothing, but pegs looked more empty than anywhere else I've seen, so maybe they'll restock soon.

Wal-Mart (Route 1) -- Nothing, although there was a single Mace Windu (Basic) under the pegs as well as some Royal Guards and Luminaras so there had been some restocking since yesterday night. (Man, I have had no life this weekend.) This is where I found my Yoda last week.

I went to a couple of other places in the area, but saw nothing further of note. The Luke made my day, though, so I hit most of these trying to find a Vader.

jobare1
05-11-2002, 09:57 PM
Potomac Mills TRU got in some of the Dooku/Yoda wave. Found a Zam Wessell w/ the "Face Reveal" sticker variation on it. Still no sign of the Bespin wave down here yet. P.M. WalMart looks like it's been wiped out. The pegs are starting to look empty. Hopefully they'll re-stock soon.

Sloppy,

Believe it or not, I really don't think I need anything. Just glad to help out. As for when to meet, it's up to you, my schedule is pretty open.

jobare1
05-11-2002, 10:02 PM
Welcome aboard Senator Binks and Valin Horn.

jobare1
05-12-2002, 08:12 AM
Going on a hunch I went up to Potomac Mills WalMart this morning to see if they refilled the pegs, which looked almost bare compared to what it has been. Boy, am I glad I went. Picked up Orn Free Taa, Qui-Gon, Endor Soldier and Massiff. Also had the Bespin wave and picked up the Luke that I missed the other night. I also saw a few Dookus, Yodas and Hanger Anakins. Guess I'm all caught up for now. Good thing too, I was running out of money.

underdog25
05-12-2002, 10:40 AM
has anyone seen any Tie Bombers this week? Today?

Jedikmg
05-12-2002, 01:09 PM
thats aweseome jb... No sign of the massif wave in the carroll/frederick county area.

Senator Binks
05-12-2002, 01:09 PM
Two or three each of the Orn Free wave at Kingstowne Wal Mart late this morning and plenty of Royal Guards and Taun We, but no Bespin wave.

jobare1
05-12-2002, 03:09 PM
Just found out that all the new figs at P.M. WalMart are gone. Didn't last too long. They were gone by 12:30. I guess timing is everything. I've learned from experience that, at this WalMart, if you don't get any new figs as soon as they're put on the pegs you might as well forget it.

Maybe there's more collectors than I thought in the area. I know of one that I ran into during the "Midnight Madness" event at this same WalMart that runs a small company/business that was grabbing all the "popular" figs. I wanted a Luminara that night and managed to snag one, but his cart had like 4 or 5 of them in it. Maybe theres a couple of collectors who read these posts but never reply to them. I don't know. Sorry for rambling.

BiGBaDWoLF
05-12-2002, 05:05 PM
Gaithersburg, MD

KBToys - Lakeforest Mall - Nothing new. A few Royal Gaurds and Luminaras. FYI, they have lowered their prices to 5.99

TRU - A few Mace Windus, I did find two Vaders last week though...

Germantown, MD

Walmart - They had at least 3-4 cases of Bespin Wave. Tons of Windu, and Jango FB, two Vaders, and the Lukes were already gone.... :(

Target - Nothing new, except they did have a Geonosian Warrior with background insert, which I picked up.

Fredrick, MD

Toys R Us - 4 Windus, 3 Jangos, 2 Vaders, and again, no Luke...:cry:

Wal-mart - Hit the jackpot! They had at least 4 cases of the Massif wave, all in mint condition. Go get 'em Jedikmg! No Bespin wave.

Hagerstown, MD

Super Wal-mart - Leftovers from a case of the Massif wave. 1 rebel soldier, 1 Orn Free Ta, 1 Quigon. Poor condition. I did find a boatload of Dookus and Yodas there two weeks ago, however.

Well, that's it for today. If anyone finds Lukes in good condition, let me know please. :)

jobare1
05-12-2002, 06:11 PM
Welcome aboard BigBadWolf.

Until today I ran into the same problem with finding the Bespin Luke. Looks like he's gonna be the popular one.

Jedikmg
05-12-2002, 08:02 PM
Dang i was at frederick wal-mart yesterday morning... I am gonna go back up tomarrow i am praying they still have them.

A.J.
05-12-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by underdog25
has anyone seen any Tie Bombers this week? Today?

The Eldersburg Walmart at 32 and Liberty (I think) had bombers last week as did the Westminster Walmart.

Jedikmg
05-13-2002, 09:27 AM
I was going to Frederick wal-mart today, but i stopped at the Mt. Airy wal-mart first. They had about 2-3 of each figure in the massif and bespin waves. I picked up a bloody stump luke. They had 1 bloody stump left. They also had 1 snow speeder.

skyward72
05-13-2002, 12:06 PM
I have been hitting all the wrong places for Luke. I can't seem to nail one down. I was at the Walmart in Ellicott City this morning and they didn't have any of the new waves. I was going to stop by the Mt. Airey Walmart but decided to by pass it. I know there won't be anything there this afternoon. Doah!

valin horn
05-13-2002, 04:28 PM
the walmart in dundalk at north point had the jinn wave today

A.J.
05-14-2002, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by valin horn
the walmart in dundalk at north point had the jinn wave today

I found the same wave in Eldersburg Monday afternoon. Found Vader Bespin at Columbia TRU. Luke still eludes me!

A.J.
05-14-2002, 10:26 AM
Just saw the Boshek wave at Laurel TRU. DON'T BOTHER rushing there as the entire case was in a scalper's cart! There was one Yoda hanging with the figs at the front of the store.

underdog25
05-14-2002, 10:43 AM
ALL of the TRU's have a TON of POTJ figures in stock. If they don't have them on the floor then they are sitting in the back somewhere. Ask to get some. Most don't have them out because there is no room on the layouts for them or lazy stockers. If they don't get a case or two for you then ask to speak to the MOD. They should be more than willing to bend over backwards to get you want you are looking for. If not then go higher. They sent out TONS of these cases to each and every store. They have them so go get them.

BiGBaDWoLF
05-14-2002, 09:26 PM
Nothing new at the TRU in Gaithersburg as of 5:00 PM....

Any sightings of the Ultimate 12" Jango Fett in the DC/Maryland area??

Rogue II
05-14-2002, 09:36 PM
Nothing new at Target, KB Toyworks, or Walmart in Bowie.

Well, I did see some 12" figures at the Target, none were Jango Fett. I personally don't collect the 12" line. Does anyone want me to post sightings of those. I usually go to Laurel, Greenbelt, Bowie, Landover, and Clinton.

Rogue II
05-15-2002, 09:02 AM
I just found 2 Count Dookus at the CVS pharmacy in the Pentagon. If anyone wants me to pick up one for them, let me know.

TheBigSloppy
05-15-2002, 10:01 AM
I just bought 6 tickets to tonight's midnight show at Hoyts Potomoc Yard! See you all there, if you're going. . .

A.J.
05-15-2002, 12:08 PM
Finally found a Bespin Luke at Columbia TRU. They had a fair number of all the other figs in that case, but only one Luke... the non-bloody, or cauterized variety.

skyward72
05-15-2002, 12:48 PM
Hopefully they will have some left by the time I get there, thanks for the tip A.J.

jobare1
05-15-2002, 05:43 PM
I found a Luminara without any tape today if you're interested.

Today's Report:

Dale City KMart - nothing new

Potomac Mills WalMart - nothing new

Pot. Mills Target - remains of the Orn Free Taa wave. Only saw 1 Orn and 1 Endor soldier.

Pot. Mills TRU - a few Yodas, Dookus and Hanger Anakins still there.

TheBigSloppy
05-15-2002, 07:59 PM
YES!!! YES!!! YES!!! Quite ecstatic and quite interested. You want to meet this weekend?

I found Orn Free Taa and Endor Rebel Soldier as well today.

I still need the following: Numbers 22, 23, 26 (with one sticker), 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 34 (which I think you have some of these waiting for me)!

Ever appreciative of your help!

Thanks again,

-t

underdog25
05-15-2002, 08:22 PM
The Laurel TRU had a ton of Bespin Luke wave. Also got one case of 12" Jango Fett. Great figure. They also had a bunch of Ep2 sneak preview figures and Bo Shek wave again. Congrates to anyone going to the midnight showing. Wish I could be there.

jobare1
05-15-2002, 08:57 PM
So far I've got saved for you:
#22, 23, 26 (both one sticker and no sticker variations), 27 and a R4-M9. As for the others (28-32 & 34.). I've got 2 ea. of all those and wouldn't have any problem hooking you up. Matter of fact, I've already got them laid out.

About meeting this weekend, let me check and see, but I don't see any problem in it. Saturday morning may be the better day out of the two. I should know something by tomorrow afternoon.

I guess with all of these, you'll be caught up (for now).

Going to go and get ready to stand in line for the movie. Talk to ya tomorrow.

valin horn
05-16-2002, 03:00 PM
both glen burnie kmarts had 2 12" jago fetts each
glre burnie tru had taun we wave
glen burnie north walmart had taun we wave also
port covington walmart had jinn wave and 1 tie bomber but i picked that up

Major Karr
05-17-2002, 12:33 PM
The Fairlakes TRU had about 4 Deluxe Jango's this morning.
The Manassas TRU had the Bespin wave this morning, with the clean cut Luke, no sign of the bloody one.

Elsewhere I struck out massively.

WM - Manassas, Fairlakes, PM, Germantown, Clinton and Springfield were chockful of pegwarmers, and well as TRU - Fairlakes, PM, Gaithersburg, Clinton and Springfield.
(Maryland stores were yesterday)

Seems like they would like to boost sales by getting newer stuff out, instead of restocking month-old stuff.

Anyone else having better luck?

jobare1
05-17-2002, 07:18 PM
E-mail coming your way.

Jedikmg
05-19-2002, 12:42 PM
Has anyone spotted the 12" Jango up here in the north-central maryland area?

skyward72
05-19-2002, 01:08 PM
Nope Jedikmg, I have been trying to track one down with no luck. The few sigthings in Glen Burnie must have sold quickly because I missed them. The Big K in Gaithersburg had nothing. If anyone is looking for variations, I found a bunch at the local KB in Frederick, including the Zam on first issue card and clone trooper dot variations.

BiGBaDWoLF
05-19-2002, 02:09 PM
Just got back from the DLP digital screening of EP2 at Annapolis Mall, and guess what I found at the Annapolis TRU.....

JANGO 12" ! An entire case of him to be exact....$39.99, a little steep compared to K-Mart's price, but I'll take what I can get....

I haven't had this much fun with an action figure since I was a kid. This guy is unbelivable. The only gripes I have is that the lower body armor (legs) is fastened on via velcro and is a little fishy, and Jango's helmet is just a little bit too big. Finding a 12" Jango has atleast made up for my poor luck in finding a Luke Bespin...

jobare1
05-20-2002, 06:44 PM
Stopped off at the KMart in Woodbridge and spotted 4 of these for those interested.

BiGBaDWoLF
05-21-2002, 07:50 PM
Nothing new at the Gaithersburg TRU. Boatloads of Bespin Vader, Mace, and Jango FB; but no Luke.....

underdog25
05-21-2002, 08:44 PM
Was at Ellicot City Wal-mart and Catonsville TRU. NOTHING NEW! What a bunch of crap. When are stores going to stock something new???

jobare1
05-21-2002, 09:03 PM
The WalMart at Potomac Mills is the same way. Looks like the display is only about half full, with figures scattered all over the place. Hopefully (key word), they will restock soon.

Senator Binks
05-21-2002, 09:35 PM
Same in Alexandria -- the stuff is flying off the shelves but they can't put a Yoda up there so I can have one to open? *** he must kick! Shelves you must restock!

TheBigSloppy
05-21-2002, 09:36 PM
Hey Senator. At least you have a Yoda. . .

jobare1
05-21-2002, 09:45 PM
Don't worry Sloppy, by this weekend, you will too.

I'll e-mail ya tomorrow.

underdog25
05-21-2002, 09:52 PM
I can't understand why stores don't stock the new stuff or fill the holes? We are chocking on it in my store. I even had to pull the older stuff off the floor to make room for the new assortments as they come in. Everyone has it, they need to get it out.

Senator Binks
05-21-2002, 09:56 PM
My theory is that they're leaving it out for casual buyers -- a mom or dad with a little kid who comes in and sees Star Wars and is excited about the movie is going to buy what's there. If there's an Orn Free Ta up there, they might buy it. But if all that's there is C-3PO and Padme, they will take one off of their hands . . . .

And yes, I should not complain about not having two Yodas until everyone gets at least one. I found him in a wall of figures at Wal-Mart and he is still the only one I have ever seen anywhere.

Rogue II
05-22-2002, 06:45 AM
I can get a Yoda if you need one. The CVS inside the Pentagon has 2 Dookus, 1 Yoda, and a Hangar Anakin.

skyward72
05-22-2002, 11:57 AM
Just got back from the Glen Burnie KMart across from Ames, they had three 12 Jango's. Nice figure. The boxes weren't in Mint shape. Good Luck

Fixer
05-23-2002, 12:11 PM
Found Mace Geonosian Rescue, Jango Final Battle, one Vader Bespin Duel at Springfield/Kingstowne, VA TRU. No Luke. There are still several Jangos and Maces there. The Walmart down the street had one Yoda, if anyone's looking.

Senator Binks
05-23-2002, 06:46 PM
Ahh -- finally a little restocking. At last got my second Yoda and Dooku at the aforementioned Wal Mart.

There is still one Yoda at the TRU if anyone is looking, as well as a couple of Geonosian Warriors , the Vader, and a limited but decent number of Jangos and Maces. First time I've seen a Vader and been able to leave it on the peg!

Still haven't seen any of the Orn Free Ta wave since the morning I bought them two weeks ago. Time to start looking for Palpatine now, I guess. (TRU guy said they had not received any yet.)

Rogue II
05-23-2002, 07:08 PM
I just cruised thru the stores in Bowie: Walmart, Target, and KB Toyworks. The only new figures I saw were Genosian Mace and Final Battle Jango Fett at Target.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-23-2002, 11:13 PM
Tons of Royal Guards, Bespin Darth Vader, Final Battle Jango Fett, Geonosian Mace Windu at the Tysons Corner TRU. Most of them, along with the usual peg warmers, were overfowed/piled in baskets in the store. I was gonna get Vader, but the package was damaged. And there are BOXES of the promo comic (#1 of 4). Employes forgot about them.

Jedikmg
05-24-2002, 01:10 PM
K-Mart in frederick had 3 12" jangos after i bought 1 and toysrus in frederick had 10 dookus, 5 HD anakins, and 3 yodas. they might have had more these were all on the front of the pegs i didn't look thru them

Major Karr
05-24-2002, 08:23 PM
The K-mart on Little River Turnpike (VA) had 2 deluxe Jangos tonight.
The TRU in Clinton MD has the Lego Tie Interceptor on sale for $39.90. They were hidden behind the still full price X-Wings.

VeryLaZ
05-25-2002, 01:15 PM
If anyone is intrested...the Toys R Us at Golden Ring had the Qui-Gon wave yesterday (May 24)

No 12 inch Jango though:(

DavidGQ
05-25-2002, 11:04 PM
The KB Toyworks at 7 Corners has teh new 12" exclusive Clone Troopers !!!:eek:

ScarletX
05-27-2002, 09:50 AM
Still looking for a Yoda in the Northern VA region... Any help?

Side note - did see a few Dookus and Hanger Duel Anakins at TRU at fairlakes, fairfax

Jedikmg
05-27-2002, 10:49 AM
Well i dunno about Northern VA, but Frederick, Maryland Toysrus had like 5 yodas, 10 dookus, 5 anakins last week.

ScarletX
05-27-2002, 10:54 AM
Thanks Jedikmg! I might just check there later today!
Good luck with your figure hunting!

DavidGQ
05-27-2002, 11:26 AM
ScarletX

I saw plenty on Sat at Tyson TRU and Sterling TRU...Yoda that is plus Dooku galore !!!!

TheBigSloppy
05-27-2002, 12:21 PM
Thanks again Jobare!

ScarletX
05-27-2002, 01:01 PM
Thanks DavidGQ!

Just finished at TRU at Tysons. Must have just missed the yodas. Not much there except the usual peg warmers... *Sigh Alas yoda continues to elude me....

Senator Binks
05-27-2002, 01:10 PM
Scarlet -- there were two Yodas at seven corners TRU around noon today (Memorial Day). One in the bin, and I put one from the bin with a near-perfect card up on the pegs.

TheBigSloppy
05-27-2002, 01:49 PM
I was at the TRU on Kingstowne Rd. Saturday late afternoon. The stock person was putting out the Dooku and Mace waves - he told me he kept the Yoda and Jango Fett Final Battle for himself. . .

And I thought they were supposed to put the merchandise on the pegs/shelves first?

ScarletX
05-27-2002, 02:40 PM
Senator Binks, I owe you one! Huzzah! I have a Yoda!

For all others - There is a HD Anakin and at least one Dooku at Baileys X Road TRU. + a whole army of Obiwans!!!

Hey in other news any sightings of Massiff in the Northern VA area?

Senator Binks
05-27-2002, 04:15 PM
At the risk of pushing your luck (I'm happy but surprised the Yoda was still there) I just (4:45 PM Monday) saw one Massiff at Target at Potomac Yards on Route 1.

There was also a Qui Gon there. Anyone looking for that wave, I have spotted one or two figures from it there in the late afternoon a couple of times in the last week. They were stocking while I was there and I waited to see if Palpatine would show up, but he didn't. Those pegs are pretty empty!

jobare1
05-27-2002, 05:03 PM
Scarlet X - welcome aboard. As for the Massiff wave, I've only seen it a couple times. Picked up all 4 from that wave about two weeks ago at the Potomac Mills WalMart. But that place is a wreck now, I don't think they've put out any figures since then. I've seen the remains of this wave at the Woodbridge Target and that was about a week ago.

Sloppy - you're welcome. My pleasure.

BiGBaDWoLF
05-27-2002, 05:26 PM
At least 5 cases of the Massif wave at the Super Wal*Mart in Hagerstown MD....no Bespin Luke.

ScarletX
05-27-2002, 05:47 PM
Thanks for the info guys! I'm new to this forum stuff and so far it has been a wonderful experience.

I'll try to nab a Massiff sometime this week - I'll make the rounds through Northern VA

ScarletX
05-28-2002, 02:04 PM
Not much action around here.... Usual peg warmers around 7 corners/ Tysons....

Any luck with you guys?

skyward72
05-28-2002, 03:12 PM
Nothing new happening in the Frederick/Baltimore area.

valin horn
05-28-2002, 03:49 PM
just got back from walt disney world pick up a couple of the excl. pins
no excl star tours figures i was hoping they were going to be made but didn't happen

ScarletX
05-28-2002, 07:42 PM
Hey guys, just visited TRU at Tysons (yes.. again, I just happen to be in the neighborhood) Had some good stuff as of 8:30pm

at least 2 yodas
couple of dookus
at least 2 HD Anakins
at least 1 bespin Darth Vader

I think they just put out some new stuff, but I made a mess of it all to sniff out some figures in the bin...

Alas no Massiff, bespin Luke, Qui-Gon or any of the newer guys... Hope they are on the way!

underdog25
05-28-2002, 10:30 PM
Laurel TRU had Luke Bespin wave and Yoda wave tonight.

jobare1
05-29-2002, 07:58 PM
Potomac Mills TRU and Target had the remains of the Bespin wave. Of course the one that was missing was Luke. Target also had 3 or 4 Dookus and Hanger Anakins and at least one Yoda. Pot. Mills WalMart is looking worse than ever. I think Ames has got more figures.

Fixer
05-29-2002, 08:11 PM
Hey folks.

Springfield Mall Target had plenty of Dooku, Yoda and one HD Anakin. The KB had one massif as of 12:30 this afternoon. No sign of exclusive clonetroopers.

Rogue II
05-29-2002, 08:25 PM
I saw a few Dookus, Royal Guards, and Taun We at the Target in Bowie. I'm getting frustrated because I can't find the Endor Rebel trooper or Djas Puhr yet.

ScarletX
05-29-2002, 11:17 PM
Dookus aplenty at the Sterling TRU. A few HD Ani's .... and at least one yoda. Still No Massiff or bespin Luke..... Sterling Target had been pillaged and so had Sterling WalMart

Farilakes TRU had plenty of Dookus but just peg warmers beyond that....

ScarletX
05-30-2002, 11:12 AM
Dookus aplenty at Kingstowne TRU. at least three Bespin Darth Vaders, plenty of Mace, I think I nabbed the last Bespin Luke (nonbloody...)

Kingstowne Wal Mart - the usual suspects
Same at Tysons TRU

Still seeking any of new figures, Qui Gon, Massiff, etc....

Kevin Gianotto
05-30-2002, 01:06 PM
Hey folks...

New to the Forums so a big hello.

Saw lots of Endor Soldier, Orn Free Ta, Qui-Gon and Massiff at the KB Toyworks on Route 50 in Arlington.

Has anyone found Palp and Djas here locally, yet?

Fixer
05-30-2002, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by ScarletX
Dookus aplenty at Kingstowne TRU. at least three Bespin Darth Vaders, plenty of Mace, I think I nabbed the last Bespin Luke (nonbloody...)

Kingstowne Wal Mart - the usual suspects
Same at Tysons TRU

Still seeking any of new figures, Qui Gon, Massiff, etc....

Hey, stay outta my TRU! ;) Still looking for that elusive Luke. No sign of Palps or Djas anywhere around here.

Rogue II
05-30-2002, 01:21 PM
Welcome to the forums Kevin,

I'm going to have to check the KB Toyworks in Bowie. I've been looking for the Endor Soldier.

Kevin Gianotto
05-30-2002, 01:42 PM
Rogue:

KB here is five blocks from my office. Do you want me to go run grab you one?

I live in DC, so meeting up to get it won't be problematic.

Email me at kevingianotto@aol.com and CC: kgianotto@healthcharities.org to let me know.

ScarletX
05-30-2002, 03:03 PM
Fixer, sorry pal! :) I promise I left the place exactly as you left it! :)

Just follow up on Kevin's post (who beat me hear wiith the post :) )

As of 4pm...
about 4 Qui Gons
at least 2 Orn Free (upper pegs in the back)
at least 4 Endor Soliders (no variants that I noticed)

:( No Palpatine, Massiffs, of Djas.....

ScarletX
05-30-2002, 03:05 PM
What happened to the Massiffs? They should have been in the same shipment. Damn my lousy luck......

Major Karr
05-30-2002, 04:55 PM
Hey all,
the WM and TRU in Clinton and Waldorf had the same peg warmers today.
I saw the same things Kevin did at KB Toyworks, as well as the exclusive Clonetroopers.
The Ames at 7 Corners had about 12 boxes of the Yoda wave sitting on the floor. No sign of the Bespin wave or Palpatine wave.

ScarletX
05-30-2002, 04:59 PM
Hey any sightings of Nexu, or delux Ani?

underdog25
05-30-2002, 04:59 PM
The Hagerstown TRU had the Massiff wave this morning. Also the Chambersburg, PA Kmart had 4 12" Jango Fetts about noon today.

ScarletX
05-30-2002, 05:04 PM
What's up Hagerstown? You guys seem to get allthe figures before the No.Va people! Lucky! The force must be especially strong up there :D

underdog25
05-30-2002, 05:55 PM
I don't live there. I was just passing thru and stopped to look. I do agree with that.

Rogue II
05-30-2002, 06:47 PM
I went to Bowie Walmart and KB Toyworks this evening. KB had som Orn Free and the ugly Qui Gon.

Walmart had a bunch of Orn Free, Endor Soldier, Massif, Mace Windu, and Jango Fett final battle.

ScarletX
05-30-2002, 07:29 PM
I'm glad I am not the only one who though Qui Gon looked a little constipated! :D

You know this Bowie MD find further solidfies my theory that MD is just getting more newer figures than Northern VA.. *Sigh... :(

jobare1
05-30-2002, 07:31 PM
Fixer - email coming your way.

Rogue II
05-30-2002, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by ScarletX
I'm glad I am not the only one who though Qui Gon looked a little constipated! :D

You know this Bowie MD find further solidfies my theory that MD is just getting more newer figures than Northern VA.. *Sigh... :(

Yeah, something just didn't look right about Qui Gon. Maybe it was his chin. I don't really care, I had no intention of buying it anyway.

Well, our new friend Kevin did find those new figures in Arlington, but that's practically MD also. I've watched other people's posts. It seems like Ohio gets new figures a week or so before MD. I think all of the figures are distributed out of the LA area, so they take time to get across the country.

ScarletX
05-31-2002, 11:45 AM
Just checked TRU at Tysons... bah! same old stuff

Toy Works on rt. 50 still have at least two Qui Gons and 4-5 rebel Endor Soldiers and at least 2 Orn Fre Ta......

Bailey's X-roads TRU - Dookus but not much else

Hey if anyone is still looking for Yoda , Dooku, or HD Ani, Ames in 7 corners has a few of each. Not many figures there, but those are there...

Still no Massiff.....

Major Karr
05-31-2002, 12:04 PM
Neither the WM or TRU in Manassas or Fairliakes had anything new this morning.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
05-31-2002, 12:14 PM
Is the 2nd Free comic out at the Fair Lakes, Bailey Crossroads, or Tysons TRU?

ScarletX
05-31-2002, 12:16 PM
So far the TRU's that I have visited have been rather delinquent about giving anything away. The most recent thing I got was late last week / early this week from Bailey's X-Road which was free comic # 1

Kevin Gianotto
05-31-2002, 12:38 PM
I'm hitting Germantown Wal-Mart/Target and Toys R Us first thing tomorrow morning and will keep my eyes open. Anyone want me to pick anything up if I find the new wave (Palpy, Djas)?

K

ScarletX
05-31-2002, 02:17 PM
Thanks Kevin! Just giva holla with what you see! Especially if Massiff is around! :D

jobare1
05-31-2002, 06:09 PM
Stopped by Potomac Mills WalMart today at lunch and they finally refilled the pegs. No Palpatines or Solos but they did have 2 Bespin Lukes and the Massiff wave. Looks like they only put out two or three cases total, which probably brings their total now to around 5 cases of figures. The TRU around the corner didn't have anything new.

Fixer - glad to help.

jobare1
05-31-2002, 06:10 PM
Sorry Scarlet, passed right by the post about you still needing a Massiff. The above mentioned WalMart had approx. 3-4 of them at noon today.

valin horn
05-31-2002, 06:18 PM
i see the star tours figures are coming out
but they waited for me to leave disney first
figures

ScarletX
05-31-2002, 06:24 PM
Jobare - no problem. At least I know that they are around in the general vicinity and then I will be on the lookout!

Jedikmg
06-01-2002, 11:29 AM
I hit all the Frederick, Maryland Stores. Nothing new not even bespin/qui gon waves.

jobare1
06-01-2002, 09:38 PM
Stopped back by the Potomac Mills WalMart tonight and it's back to normal again, empty pegs. Nothing remains of the Massiff wave. Didn't last long. Both TRU and Target, around the corner, had nothing new to report. Still looking for Palpy wave.

Senator Binks
06-01-2002, 11:59 PM
Nothing significant inside the SW quadrant of the beltway either. We should probably rename this the "*not* found" forum.

At least the intel saves us all gas and time . . . .

Rogue II
06-02-2002, 12:11 AM
I stopped in the Potomac Mills Walmart today also. I'm suprised how empty the pegs were. The Walmarts I normally go to in Bowie and Clinton are always almost full.

jobare1
06-02-2002, 07:22 PM
Tried to warn ya about Potomac Mills WalMart. This has got to be the fewest amount of figs I've seen on the rack since............well, I can't even remember. Don't know what it is about this store. It used to be a decent source for "new finds" but not anymore.

Potomac Mills TRU and Target had nothing new to report.

Where's Palpatine?

ScarletX
06-02-2002, 07:40 PM
Visited Reston Target.... bah! Nothing again! Usual suspects

Fixer
06-03-2002, 07:30 PM
Red and yellow Clonetroopers at Springfield Mall KB. A few left of each as of 5:00 tonight.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-03-2002, 11:19 PM
Found Lumiara, Dexter w/ correction tape, and Geonosian Warrior at Fair Oaks KB Toys. Not to mention Red, Yellow and White 12'' Clonetroopers.

Kevin Gianotto
06-04-2002, 09:07 AM
Hey Ladies & Gentlemen:

Did a sweep of the Gaithersburg, Rockville and Germantown KMarts, Toys R Us', Targets and Wal-Marts. Goose-egg city, baby.

ScarletX
06-04-2002, 01:12 PM
Ditto at Tysons TRU.... what's up with the dry spell??

Rogue II
06-04-2002, 01:27 PM
I stopped by the Target in Largo yesterday. They had Darth Vader, and Mace Windu. It looks like they are starting to condense the Star Wars section.

Has anyone seen Djas Puhr yet? I'm going to wait patiently for a few more weeks for him, the new Han, and the new Chewie. After that, I'm thinking about ordering them online. I waited like this for the BoShek wave and finally ordered them online. I never did see those in the stores. Do we even have scalpers around here? I haven't seen any flea markets or very many comic book stores. I can't complain too much because I have been able to find all of the Saga figures so far.

Jedikmg
06-04-2002, 02:28 PM
No I haven't seen any thing past the Bespin/Massif waves arround here...

Kevin Gianotto
06-04-2002, 02:49 PM
Hey guys:

I'm heading to Richmond tomorrow on business and was going to hit the Wal-Marts/Targets/Toys R Us' down I-95. Does anyone want me to be on the look-out for them? Of course, I'll pick-up what you may need and we can arrange delivery. Email me at kevingianotto@aol.com before 6am tomorrow and let me know.

Maybe we can score the Palpy/Djas wave.

K

Jedikmg
06-05-2002, 06:15 PM
Stopped by Eldersberg Wal-mart. Nothing new. They had 1 dooku if anyone still needs one.

ScarletX
06-05-2002, 07:18 PM
Hey guys, any truth to the rumor that he east coast just simply gets the fgures more slowly than the west coast? Like the wave moves west to east? Seems that way anyhow.....

jobare1
06-05-2002, 09:23 PM
Took a trip around the area and scored a big fat "nothing".

Potomac Mills WalMart - Don't even waste your time.

P.M. TRU - nothing new

P.M. Target - (1) Orn Free Taa, (1) Endor Soldier & (1) Qui-Gon.

Woodbridge Ames - nothing new

Woodbridge KMart - same

FairLakes TRU - same

FairLakes Target - (1) Dooku

FairLakes WalMart - same

****************THIS SUCKS******************

Scarlet - from what I understand the "point of entry" into the US for Hasbro is California. Either that or the DC-Metro area is becoming a blackhole for collectors.

Kevin Gianotto
06-05-2002, 10:30 PM
Found Palpatine and Djas at the Broad Street Road Wal-Mart in Richmond today. Business trip wasn't a complete waste agter all.

underdog25
06-05-2002, 10:42 PM
ScarletX,
I can tell you that TRU has its product flow that way. It can take a few days to a few weeks to come across the country. I can also tell everyone that my store hasn't gotten any new figures in 2 weeks. This leads me to believe that the warehouse has all the new waves. They won't send out alot of new stuff because the stores are sitting on so much of the old stuff. Last thing, TRU is lowering the price of all the EP 2 AND POTJ asst. 2 to $4.99 tomarrow.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-06-2002, 12:31 AM
TRU is also lowering prices?! SWEET!

ScarletX
06-06-2002, 11:52 AM
hopefully this means that the shelves will clear out for some of the new stuff!!

ScarletX
06-06-2002, 11:58 AM
Actually following up on Kevin's report.... if anyone does go down to Richmond, the TRU near regency road has a pretty good selection of figures (last time I was there....) maybe there is just more demand for figures down there and the figures sell out prompting new ones on the pegs... just a thought

Kevin Gianotto
06-06-2002, 12:12 PM
Found Obi wave at Montogomery Mall KB. A few left. Good lunch!!!!!

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-06-2002, 12:53 PM
Just called the TRU's at Fairlakes, Tysons, and Baileys. All confirm that basic figures are $4.99.

Kevin Gianotto
06-06-2002, 01:18 PM
Has anyone found the two new deluxe figures yet?

Jedikmg
06-06-2002, 01:28 PM
Tomarrow i am going to go down thru the Germantown/Gaithersbery Area and Saturday i will go up to Frederick. So hopefully something new will turn up.

underdog25
06-06-2002, 04:10 PM
Nothing new in Hagerstown TRU, rt40 walmart or Mall. The Kmart right by the mall had a couple of 12" Jango Fett's at lunch time. They were in the overstock back in the action figure aisle. I doubt that anyone else saw them. I couldn't find any figures? Very strange.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
06-06-2002, 11:10 PM
Normal peg warmers at Fair Lakes TRU and Target. Finally got my Clone Trooper! I saw moleless Padmes and an unproperly packaged Kit Fisto at Target. His lightsaber was at his feet,instead of his hands.

Jedikmg
06-07-2002, 11:28 AM
Gaithersberg/Germantown Wal-Mart, Target, Toysrus, and KB had nothing today

Fixer
06-07-2002, 02:22 PM
Nothing new in the Springfield/Kingstowne TRU & WalMart. Figures are 4.99 @ TRU, 4.77 @ Walmart.