PDA

View Full Version : Chocobiwan

PloKoon2385
08-30-2001, 03:20 PM
Okay, I know this may sound ODD, but I just bought him for 2.99 at KB and wonder: Is there ANY reason why I should open him? I usually open everything and am a bit tempted to open him. Is there any reason why I should? Does he have a cool Force File or anything? Help!:confused:

Lobito
08-30-2001, 03:36 PM
Is that the cold weather Obi Wan??? Why do u call him Chocobiwan??? hehehe sounds funny, anyway, i would open it, i think it would be great for u to find out if the force file is cool or not. The only way u are going to find out is opening it, cuzz maybe someone tells u it sucks, but thats not your opinion, right? So there u go my friend.

PloKoon2385
08-30-2001, 03:38 PM
No, it's not the sno Obi-Wan, that is Snobiwan! Chocobiwan is the Obi-Wan that came out in the very first wave. We call him Chocobiwan because of his chocolate shell robe thing.:D

El Chuxter
08-30-2001, 03:45 PM
Other than the green saber and poorly fitted robe, nothing more than a bad knockoff of the original E1 Obi-Wan: Jedi Duel.

Starfig873
08-30-2001, 08:59 PM
Honestly...I can't give you a reason to open him. I have mine open and I love it, but its really not all that great of a figure..so open away cuz it ain't going to be worth anything in the long run. ;)

GNT
08-31-2001, 01:34 AM
Originally posted by PloKoon2385
Okay, I know this may sound ODD, but I just bought him for 2.99 at KB and wonder: Is there ANY reason why I should open him

Why did you even buy him in the first place?

humsup
08-31-2001, 09:55 AM
I think the reason might be its cheap and the fact that this is POTJ. I recently bought my 3rd Mecha Chewie at clearance price. Not sure why I buy when I have totally no idea why I want 3 wookies that looks the same, pose the same and have the same accessories. But I guess, its simply because its POTJ and its unusually cheap. :D

BTW, its still carded. Not sure what to do with it if I open :confused:

JediTricks
08-31-2001, 11:15 AM
This is one of the few figures I would definitely suggest leaving in it's package. Open, the robe doesn't work on the figure and the arms are gappy and cheap-looking, there's nothing of value to this figure IMO beyond the completist issue.