PDA

View Full Version : Canadians! Get To Your Walmarts Now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bosskman
04-05-2002, 07:02 PM
I went to Walmart this evening hoping to find the LOTR Cave Troll and Strider, both of which have been eluding me for months. I went into the aisle, glancing at the pegs of Theed Amidalas, only to find the LOTR figures were not there. "They must be on one of the discount aisles" said I. Sure enuff there they were, sure enuff no Strider. On my way out I noticed what I thought were pegs of micro machies from TPM until I looked again and noticed "That's no micro machine .....THAT AN ARENA BATTLE DROID FROM AOTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

THIS IS NO JOKE!!!!!!! I JUST FOUND ALL 14 OF THE INITIAL MAY 23 RELEASE FIGURES FROM AOTC AT WALMART IN SAINT JOHN NB!!!!!!!! THAT'S IN CANADA FOR THOSE OF YOU OUT WEST WHERE THE COUNTRY ENDS AT QUEBEC CITY!!!!!! I HAVE THEM ON MY KITCHEN TABLE RITE NOW!!

GLORY BE TO THE FATHER
AND TO THE SON
AND TO THE HOLY SPIRIT
AS IT WAS IN THE BEGINNING
IS NOW
AND EVER SHALL BE
WORLD WITHOUT END
AMEN

THE HUNT IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fourtwo
04-05-2002, 07:20 PM
i'm waiting til i see the movie to get most of the stuff, excpet the things that are packed in low numbers. my friend got a job at a TRU so i'll have someone to put tsuff aside for me :)

Bosskman
04-05-2002, 08:38 PM
Now that I've cooled off a bit, here's a few comments on what I found at Walmart:

In addition to the figures I found, and the Amidalas, they also had the Anniversary Sets and Dooku's Lightsabre (they could have had other roleplay stuff but I don't know)

The realscan on the figures is pretty damn good. They ALL lokk WAY better in person than any pics I've seen. Even Padme looks good, and the head sculpt on her is DEAD ON.

All the action features are pretty well hidden so they don't really affect the look of the figure, even though most are superactionposed. Anakins gigantismsabre doen't even look THAT bad.

The biggest surprise for me is how much I love the Superbattledroid. This folks, is what all action figures should aspire to emulate. TONS of action features, optional battledamage and interchangeable parts. Trust me, you'll learn to appreciate this figure once you get it, which you will if you get yerasses out to Walmart right now!

All the figures were on trilogo cards and Plo and the Battle Droid had pics of Dexter and the Geonisian Warrior on the back. I didn't see those two in the store though and there was no indication that they were there but sold out.

I haven't seen such a sight in the Dirty City since the Third of May, Nineteen Hundred and Ninety Nine.

Bosskman
04-06-2002, 09:35 AM
I think they had a Brown Battle Droid too I only want one BD and not that one.

mabudonicus
04-06-2002, 11:43 AM
Man, I envy you. It seems like the local TRU got 2 cases of preview figs. I guess most of us will have to live vicariously, but at least this is a good sign. Let's keep the reports coming. WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
(I was at the welland ave walmart on Wed and they had 5 ketwols, but there was a fairly large area being cleared (same as reported in another thread in this forum- sithkiller99, maybe, I don't remember)) We'll see..........WOOOOOOO!!!!!!

haggis
04-08-2002, 11:30 PM
Found AOTC figures at Sears in Limeridge Mall in Hamilton. Got seven figures that I didn't already have. None at Mapleview in Burlington or Centre Mall in Hamilton.

Bosskman
04-09-2002, 11:09 AM
I just went back to the same Walmart today and all of the figures are gone. Either they were all bought up, or, more likely, Walmart realized their mistake and took them off the shelves till the 23rd. I hope we get the other figures on the 23rd that are supposed to come out and not just the ones I already got.

Darkross
04-09-2002, 11:30 AM
Has anyone seen or know if the Tie Bombers or Snowspeeders have come or are coming to Wal-Mart here in Canada? The reason I ask is that apparently they are available in some stores in the US. I plan on going over to the US tonight to check it out just in case I happen to find a couple. OH PLEASE LET ME FIND AT LEAST 2 of EACH!!!

seth
04-09-2002, 11:50 AM
From what I have heard they are going to be u.s. exclusives, canada will not be seeing them. I asked around at my local wal-marts and they said they are not on order, but they might be wrong (it seems that no one who works in toy departments seem to know about exclusives). If you find them in the states that would be great, as it looks like they will not be coming here (just don't be ticked if my informants are wrong and you end up paying a small fortune in the states)

Darkross
04-09-2002, 11:53 AM
I've already done my homework for Wal-Marts here in New Brunswick, a few months ago...but I was just wondering if somehow...Wal-Mart Canada was going to release them at a later date than April 23rd. I know that they did not have them in their computer...so I kind of expect that they will not be available in Canada...except at specialty stores.

Bosskman
04-09-2002, 03:16 PM
I was at Walmart in Calais ME last week and they had SQUAT. It was the worst I'd ever seen. All they has was the Coruscant Guard Wave of POTJ figures and the anniversary sets. They also had 12 inch Dagobah Luke put I passed on him because Yoda looks diseased. I heard that most US Walmarts were not realesing the TB and SS until the 23rd for some unkown but probably ridiculous reason. I'd wait till then just to be safe. My sister's gonna be working in St Stephen (on the border for those who don't know) so I'll check Calais Walmart after the 23rd myself.

IcebergSlim
04-09-2002, 11:19 PM
The Wal-Mart @ Eastgate Square here in Hamilton had the new figures in yesterday. BUT....as my friend went to buy some, someone working there realized that they weren't supposed to be sold yet. So she took them out of his hand, and started packing away all the figures on the pegs into a shopping cart.

Went back there today, and someone had hidden a Jango Fett so my friend bought it. It rang up ok....

Oh, and they had a lot of EP2 LEGO. Tusken Raider scene, Slave 1, etc.

BobaFett
04-10-2002, 07:08 PM
Hey Ice berg, how much are the figs at Wal-mart.

IcebergSlim
04-10-2002, 07:29 PM
My friend's figure came to $10.15...

BobaFett
04-10-2002, 08:01 PM
with or with out tax, probably without, right?

IcebergSlim
04-10-2002, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by BobaFett
with or with out tax, probably without, right?

With tax.

Bosskman
04-15-2002, 11:49 AM
I just came from Walmart in Saint John NB where I got Slave I. This is a really cool ship. It makes the old one seem pretty weak but not so much that you gotta put it away. Its tons of action features can be completely hidden. This is what all vehicles should be like.

Darkross
04-15-2002, 12:01 PM
Hey everybody...check out the Wal-Mart's in the US. I picked up two Tie Bombers and two Snowspeeders this past Friday night. The Wal-Mart where I shop only got 3 of each in (I assume 1 case). Calais, ME should have these babies in by now! If you're not sure...call them and give them the UPC code. I know that these aren't coming to Wal-Mart Canada...so I thought some of you guys / gals ??? might like to venture south.