PDA

View Full Version : Just Found in Union Park, Orlando,FL: STUPIDEST Walmart EVER!!!

DarthChuckMc
04-05-2002, 07:24 PM
Ok,
I know no retailer is supposed to stock AOTC merchandise before April 23rd. I also that Walmart has been stocking them, and has just received emails/fax, that NO Star Wars Episode II merchandise is to be stocked before then. But can anyone tell me why my Walmart, in Union Park, near UCF, has pulled EVERY Star Wars toy of the pegs and shelves?

All of the 12" Death Star Droids, D.S. Troopers and Han troopers are gone.

All of the pegs and pegs of Shmi, Ketwol, Bespin Guard, General Leia, Ellors Madak etc. (about 30 pegs FULL) are gone.

All of the 25th Anniversary Vader/Ben, Luke/Leia, Han/Chewie 2 packs are gone.

All of the Deluxe Darth Maul and Bacta Luke (about 14 pegs worth) are gone.

The only Star Wars toy left is a 12" Jar Jar from the Episode 1 line.

Someone PLEASE...tell me what in world is going on in these peoples minds?

Dryanta
04-05-2002, 08:04 PM
There is absulutely nothing going on in their minds.:D
I think that they are just really nervous about the situation at this point and are over compensating:rolleyes:
Ok,here's my real opinion;I have no idea what so ever

dr_evazan22
04-05-2002, 09:16 PM
The General Manager said (and I quote):

Take them to the backroom. All of them!
except Jar Jar, because he won't sell! Bwah Ha Ha Ha!

Lord Tenebrous
04-05-2002, 10:52 PM
It's inventory time again. Chances are the stock will be placed back out with their scheduled shelf planogram, or shipping off to DC or another warehouse location.

I think every major retailer around here has had some major work done in widely-circulated areas [toys, electronics, clothing]. It's been a mess, but now it's getting pleasant. :)

But, as a last resort, check the designated clearance areas. I've found some action figures and Lego there. Nice discounts.

JediDan
04-06-2002, 08:01 AM
Perhaps they're getting ready to set up the aisle for the AOTC display???? I know it's a bit early, but you never know.

DarthChuckMc
04-06-2002, 04:31 PM
Well,
I had a chance to speak with "Dub" the store manager. I even took my AOTC Obi-wan I got off of eBay with me as an example of AOTC merchandise.
The first ? I got was "Where did you get THAT???" I explained AOTC has been on eBay since January or before, and that I also had another 8 figures from the set if he'd like me to bring them in for show and tell. He thought I probably shouldn't, for fear that another SW collector may see my stuff, and hit the roof when he couldn't buy any. Anyway, I asked Dub, was there any reason he pulled all of the SW merchandise off the pegs. He explained that corporate sent an email saying not to sell any SW II toys before the street date, or they could be fined. He wasn't sure what was supposed to be held back, so he had the toy manager yank everything with the SW logo on it, except JarJar, since the box plainly said SW Episode I.
I explained the new packaging, and assured him that everything that was available, until yesterday, was perfectly legal to sell without any backlash. He thanked me for my time, and took a photo of my AOTC Obi-wan, to send to corporate and to post in the warehouse, just to be sure I wasn't yanking his chain.
Hopefully, he'll check my story and get the stuff back out on the shelf. The real numbskull is the toy manager. I talk to her about once a week, and ask her about SW stuff, and let her know what's new and what to expect, but she"HATES SW guys, 'cause they don't buy figures up like the Hot Wheels guys buy up the cars." If she would actually listen to customers that are trying to help her out by giving tips and advice, instead of being a hardheaded witch, she might have known what was allowed to be sold and what wasn't, but maybe I'm just expecting too much from people.
Anywho, that's my rant. Good luck on the 23rd folks.

MOMCJedi
04-10-2002, 10:57 PM
Hey are you talking about the Wal-Mart on 50? I noticed their lack of Star Wars as well. I was able to pick up some Sneak Preview figures at K-Mart on Curry Ford and Semoran but Wal-Mart has crap and so do most K-Marts. Do you think that Wal-Mart is gonna be a mad house on the 23rd? Deciding whether or not to go.

magnus77
04-11-2002, 07:29 AM
The Super Wal-Mart in Apopka on OBT also has pulled ALL Star Wars related merchandise. Guess the ignorance is catchy.

Fulit
04-11-2002, 09:57 AM
Cabot, AR, Wal-Mart is guilty of this too, as well as many other hate crimes against SW collectors. They told me they had the TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder but weren't putting it out until the 23rd "because". Because is my favorite reason.