PDA

View Full Version : Big Trouble

Cotasnoova
04-05-2002, 11:40 PM
LOL, great stupid movie. If you have 6 or 7 bucks to waste go see it. If you don't have the money wait to rent it.

I was hoping to see more of TIM ALLEN in the movie, but no such luck. There really is no lead role in the film. Some parts are dull and long, but some are hilarious.

Movie is short too, only like 85-90 minutes.

SWAFMAN
04-05-2002, 11:45 PM
from Cotasnoova:

Movie is short too, only like 85-90 minutes.

well, the Dave Barry book only took about that long to read, too. it was very short, but hilarious. If the movie is even half as funny, it should be worth seeing.

JetsAndHeels
04-05-2002, 11:59 PM
When the film was originally set to open in September I was really excited about seeing it. I must admit having Johnny Knoxville in it was my main motivation, since at the time I was an avid fan of the show Jackass.
Now that the film has finally opened nearly 7 months late, I am skeptical as to whether or not I should see it.
With "High Crimes" opening this weekend, I may just skip this one and catch it on video.

Beast
04-06-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by JangoFett96
When the film was originally set to open in September I was really excited about seeing it. I must admit having Johnny Knoxville in it was my main motivation, since at the time I was an avid fan of the show Jackass.
Now that the film has finally opened nearly 7 months late, I am skeptical as to whether or not I should see it.
With "High Crimes" opening this weekend, I may just skip this one and catch it on video.
They delayed it 7 months due to 9/11. Not that that makes much sense, but you know how Hollywood is. If it has terrorist aspects to the movie, they have to pull it, delay it, water it down, and then release it. Apperantly they forgot that after the attack, that rentals of movies like True Lies and Die Hard went thru the roof, cause people needed a release. And seeing the bad guys get what they deserve in those movies, psychologists said was a major release. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
04-06-2002, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by JangoFett96

High Crimes wasn't bad, I loved most of the cast but in some ways it was predictable. Worth a look if you like Judd, Freeman, or Caviezel (my favorite of the group, right ahead of Freeman) :)

I might check out Big Trouble in the coming week, Jason Lee looked pretty cool with that long hair :D

JediTricks
04-06-2002, 02:56 AM
I'm waiting to hear more before I decide whether or not to go.

Rollo Tomassi
04-06-2002, 07:29 AM
I'd go see it for Stanley Tucci. I used to have his "Then I want you to try 'werry' hard to GET me a missile" as my signature line. That line cracked me up every time I saw it in the trailer. But it IS Barry Sonnenfeld, and Wild Wild West is still fresh in my mind...

I'll wait 'til I hear more about it.

2-1B
04-11-2002, 02:59 AM
I saw it, not bad. At times it was pretty smart and clever. I liked Jason Lee, and Dennis Farina was cool. The rest of the cast? Decent for the most part.

Pulling this in light of 9/11 was acceptable, IMO. Airport security and the possibility of the military taking down a civilian flight were/are pretty serious issues . . . I don't think the public would have gone for it. Of course, this will probably tank anyway (I haven't noticed much of an ad campaign).

Can I recommend it? Well, I spent 5.25 on a matinee, and I had enough laughs.

Wolfwood319
04-11-2002, 03:07 AM
I remember first seeing a preview of this sometime last year. I'm a huge Jason Lee fan and was rip roarin' to see it, but then I forgot about it because it was pulled. I think at this point I'll wait and rent it.

Did anyone watch the Comedy Central show for Big Trouble? They gave away the whole plot and a majority of the jokes, from what I saw.

RooJay
04-18-2002, 08:33 PM
I was actually really psyched to see this one, but once I saw it I was disappointed. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't bd, and I actually did enjoy watching it. What disappointed me about it was that it wasn't nearly as edgy, witty, or ironic as I hoped it would be. I was expecting something more along the lines of Get Shorty (like the trailer kind of promised), but it just didn't live up. Not having read the book I can't really say whether or not it was supposed to be anything other than it turned out as.