PDA

View Full Version : Tie Bombers & Snowspeeders

Veers
04-06-2002, 11:48 AM
I opened up a case of the new Tie Bombers & Snowspeeder sets here at my local Wal-Mart. As I pulled the Snowspeeder out the night manager asked me to put the toy back in the box. I did so and he took the case back to the stockroom. I thought this guy was rude. I asked him why he could not sell it and all he stated is the boxes are not to be opened unless it is by an associate. He thought this was not supposed to be out yet until April 23rd. I see the news on main website at Sir Steves about some stores are waiting to release all Star Wars items at the same time including the ones that do not have a date senstitive release date on it. But the next day I come in there they are on the shelf. Every Wal Mart here in Texas has these vehicles out. I do not know of any stores here that is waiting to release these until April 23rd. But any ways the manager was wrong for taking the case to the back. I felt the dark side hitting me when he did that.

GeneralKenobi
04-07-2002, 12:30 PM
You should have used a Jedi mind trick..."These aren't the toys you're looking for."

wampa ems
04-07-2002, 06:48 PM
I am glad that I hid the TIE Bomber when I had the chance. I didnt have any money at the time when I found them. When I came back the next day to buy it all 2 TIEs and 3 speeders were gone becides the one that I hid. That memo yall are talking about must explain it.

Darkross
04-15-2002, 10:31 AM
I picked up two Tie Bombers and two Snowspeeders at Wal-Mart this past Friday night. I think that Hasbro did a really nice job on these vehicles...especially the Tie Bomber. I love it!

jedi master sal
04-15-2002, 03:56 PM
I think the situation with WM's self-imposed NO SALE policy has brought many of us to or at least very near the Dark Side!

I for one have completely fallen (over on this issue)!

I'll be at TRU instead of WM and if I don't get everything oh well. I will eventually. (EPI was a good test for how the figures will sell and be available)

Eternal Padawan
04-15-2002, 04:02 PM
sal, you won't be finding too many Snowspeeders and TIE Bombers at TRU, I'm afraid. ;)

I think that manger was being anal. I open cases all the time and "associates" don't care. I opened a case of AOTC figures to look at them and an associate walked by and said "Cool!" and started looking at them with me. I wish I could FIND a case of Speeder/Bombers TO open. :(

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2002, 08:53 PM
Yeah, some of those WM employees <<shakes head>>

I was talking with a girl today who works in the toys department about the TIE Bomber. At first she played ignorant but finally admitted that she'd heard of it due to the large amount of people who had asked about it. She told me it wasn't in the computer so they weren't getting any. She said the Snowspeeder was in the computer thought. I knew it was because I had bought one there a couple of weeks ago.

I believe her about the TIE not being in the computer. I think it won't show up on the floor of this WM until 4/23 or unless someone accidentally puts one out.

Why can't they just be straight up and say they have them but can't/won't put them out?

Turbowars
04-16-2002, 06:39 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat

Why can't they just be straight up and say they have them but can't/won't put them out? [/B] Because they try to justify making minimum wage with being difficult and taking their "going no where job" to seriously.

Dar' Argol
04-16-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by jedi master sal
I think the situation with WM's self-imposed NO SALE policy has brought many of us to or at least very near the Dark Side!

I for one have completely fallen (over on this issue)!

I'll be at TRU instead of WM and if I don't get everything oh well. I will eventually. (EPI was a good test for how the figures will sell and be available)

Not to try to sound like I am defending WM here but there is some confusion. WM did not just out of the blue start the "No Sales Allowed" thing. It was b/c ppl were getting the figs early and Hasbro came down on Home Office and said we have to put a restriction on them until 4/23.

And jedi master sal, I am truely saddened over your lose in WM. I have seen it in many stores where associates don't give a rat's arse about anyone and its a shame. I shames me to relize that this also happens nation wide. Sam Walton was a great man I had the chance of meeting and the company was great when he was still alive. Unfortunatly, when his kids took over, everything when straight down the poopy shoot!

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
I believe her about the TIE not being in the computer. I think it won't show up on the floor of this WM until 4/23 or unless someone accidentally puts one out.

That is crap! The TIE has an item # and UPC. If it has that and I was able to get it and post here on SSG then it is IN OUR SYSTEM!!!! It cannot be ordered b/c it was something "special" hasbro sent but it can be sold as well. It scans through our registers and we have sold out! Why will no peon who has half of half a brain cell take it up to the registers and SCAN IT!?!?!? That is what we did just to make sure after HO called us back and TOLD us to put them out!!! Sometimes I just want to line everyone up who works for WM and slap each one of them. Upper managment a couple times! AARRRHHHHHH!:mad:

Eternal Padawan
04-17-2002, 03:32 PM
DA, since it's not within WM's ability to reorder these, what is the likelihood of Hasbro sending the company more to sell? I keep seeing an image in my head of $100+ TIE Bombers on ebay six months from now. Do you know?

Dar' Argol
04-17-2002, 10:45 PM
I'm tring to remember the other WM exclusives. There was the 12" Cantina and we only got in about 4 cases(i think). There was also the Max Rebo 2 packs. Those we had oodles of. I cannot say with any certaincy(sp) but I think we should. But I have been wrong b/4:rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
04-18-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

That is crap! The TIE has an item # and UPC. If it has that and I was able to get it and post here on SSG then it is IN OUR SYSTEM!!!! It cannot be ordered b/c it was something "special" hasbro sent but it can be sold as well. It scans through our registers and we have sold out! Why will no peon who has half of half a brain cell take it up to the registers and SCAN IT!?!?!? That is what we did just to make sure after HO called us back and TOLD us to put them out!!! Sometimes I just want to line everyone up who works for WM and slap each one of them. Upper managment a couple times! AARRRHHHHHH!:mad:

So what you're saying is that the stores don't individually enter inventory items in their computers and that it comes from the home office to all the stores? Could it be that it's in the computer but that if you were to ring it up it would say SALE NOT ALLOWED or SEE ASSOCIATE FOR HELP? I thought each store took care of its own inventory with just the prices coming from HO. That's why frequently some stores will have stuff on clearance but others won't.