PDA

View Full Version : How many SSG Forumites going to Cel 2?

SirSteve
04-06-2002, 03:05 PM
How many SSG forumites are going to Star Wars Celebration 2? I've got an idea and if everyone wants, I can get our graphic designer, Art, to make a SSG Badge so you can download and print so when you see someone wearing one, you can say hello! Perhaps it can have your forum user name on it? Let me know what you think...

dr_evazan22
04-06-2002, 08:06 PM
Great idea Steve! I was planning on inquiring about an SSG get together.

sith_killer_99
04-06-2002, 08:20 PM
Sounds good to me!

And YES I plan on attending.

SirSteve
04-07-2002, 04:39 PM
I need to see some more replies in order to take the time to make a badge. Those in favor, say I.

:)

jedihunter25
04-07-2002, 04:49 PM
I:)

dr_evazan22
04-07-2002, 05:10 PM
Aye!

DarthDamon
04-07-2002, 05:19 PM
I........Sounds like a great idea!!!Doing all three days!!Cantwait!!
Carrie Fisher is going to be there!!To cool!!!Chewie!!!!!Darth!!!
Boba Fett!!!C3PO!!!R2!!!Lando!!!Wish Han would come but Steve would be a good replacement!!He has got to be going, I'mSure!
I want the same badge Steve will have so lets do it!!!

dr_evazan22
04-07-2002, 05:31 PM
I was thinking of taking something, like a carded fig, to get autographed. I thought it was a great idea.

Now they keep adding more and more people to the convention that I would have to bring almost my entire collection!

Anyone else having similar problems?

Ook
04-07-2002, 06:47 PM
I'm going. Did the 1st one and wouldn't miss this one! But I don't post here much, and you guys probably don't really know me.

Jedi Teacher
04-07-2002, 08:11 PM
I'll be there too!

Even though I don't post often it would be great to meet some of you.

Also--Where DO some of you find the time to post so much?!?!?!??!:D

SirSteve
04-07-2002, 11:35 PM
Looks like this will be a good idea to run with... keep the "I's" coming!

:)

Jedi Clint
04-07-2002, 11:50 PM
I am going ;).

jedihunter25
04-07-2002, 11:54 PM
SirSteve- It would be cool if you sold some SSG T-shirts there too!!

SirSteve
04-08-2002, 12:41 AM
Originally posted by jedihunter25
SirSteve- It would be cool if you sold some SSG T-shirts there too!!

Ehh... would this make me look like I am trying to make money or just make shirts and hats available to those that want them?

Lord Malakite
04-08-2002, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve

Ehh... would this make me look like I am trying to make money or just make shirts and hats available to those that want them?

Just making shirts and hats available for those who want them. Yakface and Rebelscum does it and no one accuses them of just doing it for the money.

DarthDamon
04-09-2002, 12:13 AM
I"ll need a 3X! The force is LARGE in ME!

OC47150
04-11-2002, 08:04 AM
I'll be there starting Thursday night!

dr_evazan22
04-11-2002, 09:17 AM
Size XL for me SS!

Eternal Padawan
04-13-2002, 12:03 PM
I.

(A single letter seems like post padding to me.)

If you sold the T-Shirts/Caps at cost or marginal profit (to make up for the shirts not sold) it would be fine. I would buy one. And the ones that didn't get sold, could be purchased or given away at the website in contests.

You should definitely decide soon, so you aren't running around at the last minute printing shirts and stuff. It takes a week or two for shirt pressers to fill orders. I was on a softball team and we waited until the last minute to order ours and almost had to play the playoffs without shirts (it was a co-ed team and we had good looking girls playing for us, so it wasn't all bad. :D Chicks in Sports bras are HOT. Thank the man who invented Sports bras. Now girls can excercise in their UNDERGARMENTS in PUBLIC and it's socially acceptable! Hooray!)

Where was I? Oh yeah. I will be going to Celebration II. Yes to shirts and nametags and buttons and whatever.

And yes to Evazan's get together Idea! Cool.

2-1B
04-13-2002, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by dr_evazan22
Great idea Steve! I was planning on inquiring about an SSG get together.

Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
And yes to Evazan's get together Idea! Cool.

A SSG forum party - you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious. :D

Damn, I wish I was going. A year (or so) ago when they announced it, a friend and I decided to go . . . but then we finished school and have since decided it would be too cost prohibitive. :( Heck, it's only 6 hours away but it just isn't going to happen.

Sorry for posting in this thread SirSteve, I just had to lament for a moment.

Have fun everyone! :)

SirSteve
04-15-2002, 11:25 PM
Check it out!

http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=13&show_article=2540

jedihunter25
04-15-2002, 11:36 PM
Would it be posible to put our avatar on it too?

SirSteve
04-15-2002, 11:49 PM

Sorry, but no. This was made for print quality and avatars are not.

jedihunter25
04-16-2002, 12:24 AM
I tried e-mailing you- but it came back as- returned mail, host unkown

SirSteve
04-16-2002, 01:03 AM
Try again. sirsteve@sirstevesguide.com

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2002, 08:40 AM

I suppose after he sends it to you you can mess with it and stick your avatar on there somewhere on your own and see how it turns out.

Maybe.

I got the unknown address thing too. I tried the new link. We'll see what happens.

SirSteve
04-16-2002, 05:46 PM
You can also Private Message me if you are having problems with e-mail but I do prefer e-mail.

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2002, 10:45 PM
Man, WOTC are being dweebs about the whole "Similarity" thing.

What's the big deal if our passes look like their's?

Oh well.

DarthDamon
04-17-2002, 12:25 AM
Looks Good! Thanks Steve! I'd buy a shirt too!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
04-21-2002, 12:37 PM
I.

SirSteve, the link you provided with the article about the badge sends an e-mail to sirsteve@sirstevesguide, but left out the all-important .com. Just so you know.

SirSteve
04-21-2002, 01:46 PM
Thanks Mr. JabbaJohnL. I fixed it. :)

SirSteve
04-21-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Man, WOTC are being dweebs about the whole "Similarity" thing.

What's the big deal if our passes look like their's?

Oh well.

They just didn't want any confusion.

3rdamention
04-21-2002, 02:42 PM
So is it too late for me to get a badge or somthing? I am new to posting on the board, but I have been an observer of this site for a loooooonnnnnnnggg time.

Peace.

Vortex
04-25-2002, 05:13 PM
Well it seems there's a hardy turn out going to the Celebration II event. I was wondering if there are any kind souls out there, that might do 2 guys from the cold state of MN a huge favor...

I was wondering if one or two of you could find it in you hearts, or wallets, to pick up 2 or 4 of the exclusive figures for myself and a friend of mine who cannot attend. We will definitly pay you for these figures, and kick in more for shipping and your time. We are willing to pay double ($20) for these figures, and will possibly pay more depending on what your asking price turns out to be.

We are just looking for 1 for our collections. Neither one of us will sell them on line or to other collectors, we are just looking to add one more piece to our collections, and we are worried about guys on ebay charging 100+ for them.

We would go ourselves, but with the initial ticket cost, hotels, and trying to take time off from work, its not possible for us to go.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Todd

3rdamention
04-27-2002, 12:23 AM
Hey dude. I doubt anyone going to Celebration II is going to be able to pick up 2 - 4 figures for you. And why 4 if you dont want to sell them?

I could get like 1 figure.

Vortex
04-27-2002, 08:51 AM
Hey thanks, if you can pick off one, that would extremely great.

I know it would be tough to get 4 since you seem to be limited to 2 a day, or something to that extent. The reason I said 2-4, is my friend and I keep one in the package, and then we open one to put with the rest of our figures. (Even thought I'm quickly running out of space for them) I just put it out there if you, or someone, went for a couple of days, made return trips, or some one went but doesn't collect figures, ect. could manage more than 1, or 2, hey great, if not, that's understandable too. Just thought I'd throw it out there and see what happened. If I got 4 great, if I could only manage 1 that's ok too.

If you could pick me up one, I'm really grateful, and let me know how much you want for it.

Thanks much for the offer, and I'll gladly take you up on your offer.

Todd

SirSteve
04-27-2002, 09:49 AM
I will continue to send out badges up until May 1st.

jedihunter25
04-30-2002, 08:41 PM
Well I'm packing my stuff and flying to my hometown of Detroit tonight (GO WINGS!!). And Thursday I'm driving down to Indiana for Celebration II. Hope to C-ya there.

Eternal Padawan
05-02-2002, 02:49 AM
Whoo Hoo! Headed out tomorrow morning. (Wait. This morning actually. It's after midnite.) Drivin from Iowa to Indiana. Checking in to the Red Roof Inn. Getting a good night's sleep.

And then...

(starts humming the Star Wars theme) :D

stad
05-06-2002, 02:49 AM
Yes, Jedihunter, GO WINGS!! Quite a few Wings jerseys at the show, too.