PDA

View Full Version : less aotc in canada?

seth
04-06-2002, 03:32 PM
I was at a local flea market this morning, and one of the gentlemen there has a huge star wars/simpsons/Wrestling figure collection that he is selling. In casual conversation, it came up that he heard that canada will be seeing less figures and not the same ones, that we won't be getting some of the figs that the u.s will be getting. as a side, he also had the at-st with speeder bike and ewok (tru exclusive) for $75 and said that canada will not be seeing ANY exclusives from wal-mart or tru...man that sucks...

Wolfwood319
04-06-2002, 03:36 PM
I personally would never listen to anyone selling SW stuff at a flea market. Although I can't vouch for Hasbro's marketing and distribution to Canada, either.

I remember hearing someone here say that a scal....errr...independent distributor at a show say that the Bo Shek wave will never hit stores. Meanwhile he was selling the Bo Shek wave for $20 a pop, or something.

seth
04-06-2002, 03:59 PM
You're probably right, and the guy is a bit "shady"...

mabudonicus
04-06-2002, 04:41 PM
Like I said in PMs, DON'T PANIC!! There'll be plenty up here for a few months, at least. That thing about the boshek wave was all too true in southern ontario, I can sadly say. We stopped getting new stuff with the Shmi wave (I think) as far as retail goes, so I'm not saying that your fears are unfounded, Seth. Just try to check out this forum and you should do alright.
If we all work together we can make things better, even if it's just heads-ups concerninig what's where. As the AOTC preview figs started popping up, they were dutifully (and breathlessly) recorded here- in the last couple of months this forum has gotten a bit more dynamic, it would seem- and with this system in place, we should be able to spot ominous trends soon enoughg to either avert the "missing waves" catastrophes of the last 5 years, or at least do something to soften the blows. If this forum had existed and been used as much as it is today back when TPM came out, I would have ordered Naboo Jar Jar and Sio Bibble, rather than have $40 holes that will never be filled.
Let's keep it rolling, and may we never have to endure another "ree yees affair" again. WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!