PDA

View Full Version : Jedi starfighter at all AMES go now!!!

jedi master sal
04-06-2002, 07:49 PM
As of this post I can confirm that all Ames have the jedi starfighter and are putting them on the shelf right now. I bought one today (saved a little because they were having a 15% off sale as well) it normally costsd 21.99. If you can get there tonight it will be 18.69 retail. Huury before they close. They sholud have plenty so don't worry aboout them running out neccessarily but you can save more tonight (about 4.00)

Battle Droid
04-06-2002, 07:51 PM
How do you know it's at all Ames?

bigbarada
04-06-2002, 09:20 PM
Ummmm,...... what's Ames? Is that like a grocery store or something?

boss nass
04-06-2002, 11:32 PM
in which state is this Ames in?

jedi master sal
04-09-2002, 03:59 PM
You poor people who don't have an AMES by you. (it's a cryin' shame) Ames is like a smaller version of K-mart. And yes I was completely suprised to hear of this info. One of my collecting buds told me and so I went and as previously mentioned they are all getting it in. (again according to the manager of the one closest to me it was determined by looking at the receiving orders and shipping dates from their warehouses that indeed they have a plentitude of the JS)

to boot, it's only selling for 21.99 instead of TRU's appalling 24.99. (I got it over the weekend during a 15% off sale and got it for even less at 18.69+tax) as far as I knew Ames stores were all over the country, but if not well sorry for those of you who can't benefit, but for those who can, go and get it there for $3 dollars cheaper (they also have layaway as well if you need it)

good luck!

oh yeah to answer your question as to where it is. I know for a fact that they are in PA, WV, and OH. They should be in other states as well but it may be restricted to the NE portion of the states.

The True Maul
04-09-2002, 04:10 PM
Jedi Master Sal ,many Ames stores went bankrupt thats why many people don't know what Ames is

Rogue II
04-09-2002, 04:38 PM
Most of the Ames in Maryland are pretty ghetto. This somewhat of a good thing because not many collectors go there.

I just moved here, and I went to one down the street. They still had Leia on the Speeder bike and the Episode I preview battle droid thing. I went to another one a few weeks ago, and they had all of the Episode 2 previews. I don't really see how Ames can stay in business if KMart can't.

BoShek
04-09-2002, 09:23 PM
There are a lot of Ames in PA. They took over all of the Hills stores. Hills was a good store. :(

Dar' Argol
04-09-2002, 09:54 PM
It's good to hear from another PA'er BoShek:). Yes in fact Ames does have the Jedi Starfighter. I was there tonight and checked. Also, I found the Sail Barge Leia and Amanaman there for only $3.94!!!!! That's less then a regular fig!

Go . . . . . . . NOW . . . . . . . . . get one!!!!:D

OC47150
04-10-2002, 07:41 AM
My local Kmart had five starfighters last night (4-9) for $23. Very cool but I think I'll shop around to see who has the best price!