PDA

View Full Version : Baktoid Armor Workshop?

Battle Droid
04-06-2002, 09:11 PM
Is the Baktoid Armor Workshop & Baktoid Combat Automata on Geonosis?

Lord Tenebrous
04-06-2002, 09:48 PM
Baktoid Industries is a part of the Techno Union, and is represented on Geonosis by Wat Tambor. It hasn't been confirmed if there are Baktoid creations used on Geonosis, but it's probable that we might see something similar to the AAT.

Battle Droid
04-06-2002, 09:54 PM
Oh I thought it was on Geonosis, not just someone representing it there. So the Geonosians aren't the only ones to make Battle Droids, even though they're in thier likeness.

Lord Tenebrous
04-06-2002, 10:21 PM
If battle droids were a singular craft, the Republic would have Geonosis listed as a hostile soverignty. Baktoid has a very large presense, and they have droid factories all over the galaxy, usually in remote areas seldom to be found. The official site notes:

Following the Naboo debacle, the Galactic Republic enacted strict legislation that prohibited the use of battle droid armies. The Trade Federation has shown its disrespect for Republic law in the past, and for years, many feared that the numerous foundries scattered throughout the galaxy were still churning out assembly lines of tireless soldiers.

So there is a very large presense of the Combat branch with the millions of battle droids on Geonosis. But there are also many other corporations involved, like the Intergalactic Bank Clan.

It's not just Geonosis, it's galaxy-wide, and it's now controlled by Dooku.

There isn't really an official stance of the droid's likeness, since it was originally supposed to be that of a Neimoidian skeleton. They do resemble Geonosians with some distinctive differences. I'm sure they'll make up their mind eventually. ;)

Battle Droid
04-06-2002, 10:31 PM
Oh I see, thanks for clearing all that up for me.:)