PDA

View Full Version : AOTC and Saga Forums Combined

SirSteve
04-07-2002, 03:21 AM
I have combined the AOTC toys and "Saga" toys forums (and Picture Archive) into one, as Hasbro has done. It's just easier to organize everything.

Beast
04-07-2002, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by SirSteve
I have combined the AOTC toys and "Saga" toys forums (and Picture Archive) into one, as Hasbro has done. It's just easier to organize everything.
Erk, I think that is a majorly bad idea atleast until May 16th, Sir Steve. The AOTC's section is okayed for spoilers, but sticking the two sections together is gonna cause some slipping of spoilers in non-spoiler threads. Especially with figures like the Royal Guard that is in both AOTC's and ROTJ. I think you should revert the forums, until after the movie opens.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-07-2002, 05:04 AM
Its ok by me. Just slap a warning on there, "Hey, spoilers in here people!" and we're all good. This is also a good way to unify the all the movies as well, if you think about it.

bigbarada
04-07-2002, 05:41 AM
I think it's a good idea, this will give everyone plenty of time to get used to this new unified line.

As for spoilers, this close to the films release spoilers are going to start popping up everywhere, especially after 4/23. People trying that hard to avoid them should just lock themselves in their house and not turn on their TV, radio or computer.

Beast
04-07-2002, 05:45 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I think it's a good idea, this will give everyone plenty of time to get used to this new unified line.

As for spoilers, this close to the films release spoilers are going to start popping up everywhere, especially after 4/23. People trying that hard to avoid them should just lock themselves in their house and not turn on their TV, radio or computer.
*Applause* Darn right, Big Barada. Just look at some of the new figure images to see that. Zam Wesell: Bounty Hunter, Anakin Skywalker: Hanger Duel, Count Dooku: Dark Lord, and Jar Jar Binks: Gungan Senator for instance. I just wish the movie would open, so that we don't have to worry about a non-spoiler person having a blow-up. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-07-2002, 06:04 AM
Waitaminute...your telling me Jar Jar is a senator! I didn't want to know that!!!:mad:

BB is right. This close to the movie opening, its really difficult to avoid spoilers. And since I can't imagine much else being discussed on the forums until the movie opens, I think people trying to avoid spoilers would be better off staying away from the internet, let alone SSG.

Rollo Tomassi
04-07-2002, 11:10 AM
As I've said all along, it's all one line with just a higher proportion of Episode II stuff in it.

Lman316
04-07-2002, 01:08 PM
I, for one, think it's a bad idea. When I first came on here, I clicked on Saga to read some new stuff, saw JJB's post about new figure pictures, and then went..."Wait. Shouldn't most of this stuff be in the AOTC section?". I hadn't seen that it was gone, and I hadn't noticed this post yet.
I didn't pay attention to Dooku's accessory, really, because you all know me. I had seen that figure before, so that was really no big deal, but I really didn't know who the hologram was of. Same with the Jango.......very big spoiler on the name. But since it was in Saga, I didn't know. But now I do.
I don't know, I guess this has been a long time coming. I have had a TON of this movie ruined for me already, so I guess I should just pull back before I know the entire end.
I'm sorry, but you can come in here and talk about other things (namely Saga, POTJ, Episode 1, POTF2) without discussing AOTC, Wolfwood and BB. So, please don't tell me that I shouldn't be on the 'net, if I don't want to see spoilers. I was doing fine just talking about the figures themselves.
So, on to the actual message of this rant: I'm tired of this, so I'm leaving SSG. I assumed that everyone on here had rights, even as low as something as no-spoilers vs. spoilers. But on every occassion, I was told that I was wrong, and I shouldn't whine and cry and complain. I tried to see others' views, but no one (except those who agreed with me) would see mine. I couldn't go into the Polls section and I couldn't go into the Saga section. I'm sorry, but I still say that you can look at a figure and not have the movie ruined for you - it does NOT tell you what that character is doing in the movie. And now by mixing the two sections, I have had some things confirmed for me (because I'm trying to tell myself that all I've heard are just rumors) and I've had to see stuff that I didn't think I should be seeing in the Saga section.
Thanks, everyone.

GeneralKenobi
04-07-2002, 01:08 PM
I was waiting to see how long it would take to combine the two...it was inevitable.

InsaneJediGirl
04-07-2002, 01:42 PM
I,for one,think its a good idea.Spoilers are flying around at an interesting rate and avoiding them is near impossible. :D

Dryanta
04-07-2002, 03:28 PM
lman316 if you read this please reconsider.
I agree with you about spoilers,I would rather not see any.
But IMO it's like walking into an adult bookstore and saying I don't want to see any dirty pictures.It's the nature of the beast.
Take a hiatus until after you've seen the movie and then come back.Spoilers won't be an issue for awhile any way after that.
You may very well have had bad experiences with Pro-spoiler folks or people who are indifferent about the issue.I don't think any offense was meant.Give it some thought.I hate to see people leave and miss out on some of the really good things here:)

JEDIpartner
04-08-2002, 10:01 AM
I was surprised to see that the Threads were combined. I was glad, though, as the packaging is really all the same. As far as the spoilers go... people HAVE been warned.

Lman316
04-08-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
lman316 if you read this please reconsider.
But IMO it's like walking into an adult bookstore and saying I don't want to see any dirty pictures.It's the nature of the beast.
Take a hiatus until after you've seen the movie and then come back.Spoilers won't be an issue for awhile any way after that.

Hey, Dryanta, thanks for the invite to stay, but I’ve decided that it’s really not worth the hassle anymore.
After the first initial argument over spoilers in the AOTC section, I basically stayed out of there. I would only click on threads that I figured would remain spoiler free, and I tried to skim over posts to avoid anything that might be in there [that I didn’t want to see]. So, I was doing okay there. I wasn’t happy with how that was handled though, with JediTricks’ sticky post Spoiler Warning. I KNOW that there would be spoilers – but for just talking about figures, they’re not needed in there. What I had come up with was a little better, and would have ensured that everyone who wanted to be in there could be in there. All someone would have to do (in an individual post – I didn’t mean that everyone would have to put it in the thread title) is to put the word spoiler in his or her post. That way, someone could read a person’s post, and if the next one down said: “Spoiler”, that person could move onto the next one. And if someone didn’t care about spoilers, they could just read it. Some agreed with me on this. Even Tycho, who isn’t even against spoilers.
But that’s not the argument at hand here. What the issue is now is the mixing of the two sections. It was bad enough that I had to constantly try and avoid spoilers when I was in the AOTC section, but I was starting to have to watch out for them in the Saga section, anyway (which wasn't right). But then they were both combined. Your comparison, Dryanta, to the adult bookstore just doesn’t work here. This is like mixing Barnes and Noble and an adult bookstore and then being told to be quiet when you complain over seeing those dirty pictures. I have no other place to go - No other "bookstore" to visit, if you understand what I'm saying. Because they’re mixed, people could start a thread about the new Endor Han and then start talking about Episode 2 spoilers…. “Well, after all this IS the Saga AND the AOTC section. Why can’t I talk about Jango Fett doing this? Or Count Dooku doing that?” If it was going to be mixed, it should have been done AFTER the movie came out, when this wouldn’t have been an issue.
Believe me, I don’t want to go. But what is the point of staying when my opinions can’t truly be expressed; when I’m just supposed to accept everyone else’s view and be told to “stuff it” or “stop complaining, you have been warned” when I bring up my own? I’m not trying to pout here, or start problems, but I really did like coming here. I liked posting and I liked talking about the toys. But it’s not fair, everything is becoming very one-sided.
I could just stay out of the Saga section now, but that, again, isn’t fair. There are figures that deal with the Saga section that don’t have to do with AOTC, but yet, I’d still have to subject myself to possibly seeing spoilers.
I could do like you said, just take a little break and come back after Episode 2 comes out. But what happens then? What happens is: Episode 3 spoilers, and this starts all over again. And, if it would even be an option of separating these (Saga and AOTC) again, it’s too much trouble – I don’t want to make anyone switch it back because it seems it would be just for me. No one else seems to agree with me. (Where’s Stillakid, when you need him? :crazed: )
So, anyway, I should probably just say my goodbyes right here (“Goodbye”) and I’ll think about coming back…after the movie opens (and after I’ve seen it). And again, thanks, Dryanta for asking me to stay.