PDA

View Full Version : Collection 1 & 2: New Carded Pics!! (Dooku, Massiff, Jango, Qui, Luke, Han)

Beast
04-07-2002, 03:19 AM
Here you go, Rebelscum just posted photos of most of collection 1: Wave 3 carded, and a few figures from Collection 2: Wave 4. They look cool, but it confirms that the Han Solo doesn't come with a coat. :(

Count Dooku: Dark Lord:

Beast
04-07-2002, 03:21 AM
Massiff w/ Geonosian Warrior:

Beast
04-07-2002, 03:22 AM
Jango Fett: Final Battle:

Beast
04-07-2002, 03:24 AM
Qui-Gon Jinn: Jedi Master:

Beast
04-07-2002, 03:25 AM
Luke Skywalker: Bespin Duel:

Beast
04-07-2002, 03:27 AM
Han Solo: Endor Raid:

2-1B
04-07-2002, 03:35 AM
The massiff looks interesting, I don't recall seeing that one before. :)

Han Solo with Quick Draw Action! :confused:

Beast
04-07-2002, 03:41 AM
Count Dooku is pretty sweet, love the fact that we get two lightsabers with him as well. And the Holo Darth Sidious is a very cool addition to the set. :)

The Massiff w/ Geonosian is cool. I was checking my list, he's actually a collection 2 figure. Oh well. I titled it a warrior, but I think he's of a lower caste structure, since he doesn't have wings. Oh well, he looks cool as hell. :)

Jango Fett is a great figure. Looks like he's all around one of the best versions of the figure. Love the flamethrower accessory, I hope that this is the last Jamgo for a little while though. The name is a pretty big spoiler though, good job Hasbro. :rolleyes:

Qui-Gon Jinn looks tons better then the one we saw at Toy Fair. Oh, my list also says that he is a Collection 2 figure. They fixed the glossy cloak and the bad painting on his face. To bad they didn't use the original mockup E1 headsculpt for this figure. :(

Luke: Bespin Duel. What can I say, the figure is sweet. The pack-ins are sweet. And he definatly looks better then the original blurry pictures that popped up a couple days ago. I really want this figure. It's to bad he doesn't come with the piece he was standing on when Vader revealed that he was his father, but this is cool also. Glad they didn't forget the bacta cuff. :D

Han's pretty neat. He looks alot better with the Quick draw feature then Padme did. I wonder if he can quick draw it out of his holster, or if they mean it just quickly goes from at his side to pointing. Still upset about the lack of trenchcoat. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-07-2002, 03:59 AM
These are some sweet figures! By far, the best I've seen for this year yet. Love the Dooku, two lightsabers and a holo sidious, awesome. Bespin Luke, damn near the best figure I've seen ever. The Qui-Gon looks tons better than the toy fair version as well, although there are hints of his white sleeves peaking through the robe at the shoulders. The Massiff with Geonosian is really sweet, and the Han is incredible, despite no coat, and you can hardly tell the ball joint. This Jango seems to be the super-posed version that we'll put in the slave I.

Seeing all the carded versions of figures I thought we wouldn't get until late summer at the earliest... Kind of makes you wonder when exactly we'll see these, and what's is Hasbro going to release later in the Fall? Although you usually don't see 4th quarter outings of toy companies at Toy Fair.:rolleyes:

Any "official" word yet as to what to expect in stores 4/23 and release dates for later?

bigbarada
04-07-2002, 04:24 AM
A lot of really nice figures! I'm glad Hasbro is integrating the other films so early on instead of waiting for the EP2 mania to die down. It would seem that they have learned a lot from the Ep1 mess.

Although you wouldn't know it by the number of Jango's they are releasing all at once. Four of them, all before or shortly after the movie's release! Preview, Kamino, Final Battle and Deluxe! At least those are the only ones I know of.

My favorites from the picks JJB provided are Luke (hated the POTF2 Luke Bespin), Dooku, Jango and the Massif. I'm taking a wait-and-see approach to Han and his heretofore unmentioned action feature. Qui-Gonn looks nice; but I am in no rush to get him.

Battle Droid
04-07-2002, 04:27 AM
Excellant find Jar Jar Binks, thanks.:D

They all look like excellant figures, exspecially Luke, though how is he suppose to hang from the weather vain structure, or whatever it is?

Beast
04-07-2002, 04:35 AM
I guess from all the new pictures of the later and much better figures coming shortly after April 23rd, they also put alot more work and time into the sculpting and paintjobs on later figures. Everything after the first wave of Collection 1 has been great. These figures definatly make up for the few hiccups in the first wave like Anakin and Padme. :)

BigB, According to the preliminary lists, there will be 1 more Jango this year. Hopefully it is him in his civilian clothing from Kamino. But from what I understand, he doesn't look to be coming out until this winter. Thank the gods on that choice. Jango is cool, but they can hold back on releasing to many of him.

Also gotta agree with ya on the Luke: Bespin figure BigB. It's an amazing figure. Looks like they went with a magnet in the wrist, which is to bad. :( But anyway, now all that extra articulation that was shown in the blurry photos earlier in the week makes sense. We can hang him upside down from the weathervane! :cool:

Oh, and Battle Droid. He's is supposed to be able hang from the Weathervane exactly like this. Here is a loose picture from Rebelscum that shows him hanging from it. They gave him 2 unique leg joints that can rotate and bend, so you can actually seat him, or have him hanging off of the vane. Sweeeeeet. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
04-07-2002, 05:02 AM
No I mean what's the weathervane suppose to hang from so Luke can hang from it, cause it won't stand up like that.

Beast
04-07-2002, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
No I mean what's the weathervane suppose to hang from so Luke can hang from it, cause it won't stand up like that.
Hmmm, that I don't know. Maybe it comes with a suction cup and you can stick it to the wall or to a window or somthing. Either way, sweet figure. The classic offerings this year are looking pretty darn good. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
04-07-2002, 05:10 AM
Yeah i guess it could have a suction cup.

Also the mini holo of Sidious with Dooku, does Sidious make an appearance by mini holo in the film I wonder? I guess he could be at thier meeting or the trial on Geonosis in Holo form.

187-Maul
04-07-2002, 06:16 AM
I think they're all great figs except the qui-gon
dooku looks pretty cool, luke is great, jangois the best one I've seen so far (but I like the other ones too, except deluxe), han solo is a bit goofy looking and I'm probably not going to buy him and massiff is pretty cool - a wonder that he's not deluxe

CrossWizard
04-07-2002, 08:41 AM
Damn, the Luke is one fine and cool looking action figure. Makes me wonder if Hasbro uses a different team of sculptors for every wave, cause the Episode 2 Waves were getting on the 23rd(the original 14) look pale and crappy in comparison to the later figures. I love all the cool things the figure has, Im glad theyre offering more accesories and pack-in things.

chewie
04-07-2002, 11:36 AM
Whoah. The Massif is a lot larger than I thought it'd be.

187-Maul
04-07-2002, 01:03 PM
IMO the massiff is a lot smaller than I thought it'd be

Jargo
04-07-2002, 01:18 PM
They put less effort into toys destined for kids than they do for toys destined for collectors. They reckon kids will only have a short interest of a few weeks before they move onto something else so why waste the effort on them? The later figures are meant for us so they look better because we have more exacting standards and wouldn't stand for the crap quality.

Qui-Gon is a useless crappy waste of time and should be melted down immediately. I urge you all to leave this on the shelf and not insult your aesthetic senses with a pile of Nerf bodily waste.

Luke looks okay and although the weather vane is what I said he would probably come with a few days ago (check it out) I think I would have prefered the rest of the reactor shaft vane to join up with the vader section. But that's not a complaint just a personal wish. This external weather vane looks great and stuck to the underside of a shelf will be so cool.

Han I wish they'd left the quick draw feature off. The figure looks fine and the face is great. Nice that there's two detonators with him.

Dooku and the holo Sidious is cool I wasn't expecting that but it's a really nice addition.

Massif is one of the few figures I'm really looking forward to with AOTC. I love the look of the stupid critter and the Geonosian he comes with looks miles better than the winged one.

Jango I can live without. I like that he has knee articulation and a certain other feature but - enough with the Jangos. The Kamino escape one will probably do me fine. Although I may buy this just for the 'feature' :evil:

So as usual the range is good and bad in parts. The bad parts would be less bad if they stopped using the frickin' vinyl plastic and the joints didn't fall apart and the weapons droop and bend and the legs go all soft and bendy. And stop with the wide leg stances! :rolleyes:

2-1B
04-07-2002, 01:21 PM
Looking at that loose pic of Bespin Luke, it does seem possible that the circular top could be suctioned. I hope so, it would work well on my shelves because they have a nice smooth finish. :)

Lord Tenebrous
04-07-2002, 01:39 PM
Finally, some figures I can be happy about. :)

Dooku is a great figure. Besides the wicked curved hilt, you get Dooku's Jedi lightsaber. Sidious isn't holographic in the film, but based upon the popularity of the rare CommTech Artoo, Hasbro probably feels that more mini holograms are wanted. I think it's pretty cool.

The Luke comes like the deluxe figure idea that I've wanted for some time now, and he'll surely look good hanging off my window. Hurray!

The rest are alright, but I can do without them.

2-1B
04-07-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
Sidious isn't holographic in the film, but based upon the popularity of the rare CommTech Artoo, Hasbro probably feels that more mini holograms are wanted. I think it's pretty cool.

Yes, it is very cool ! That's the kind of cool "EU" type pack ins I like, even though it isn't in the film it allows for a nice extension of the story because it is directly relevant. :) Is the green saber seen in the film?

BlahBlahBlah
04-07-2002, 01:54 PM
The ToyFair pic of Jango: Final Battle made him look like crap, but that pic makes him look decent-- without the flame effect, of course.

I hadn't heard about the "feature" before? Is it what I'm thinking it is? If so, I might just have to, I don't know, head down to Wal-Mart and get him some day.

Jargo
04-07-2002, 01:59 PM
yeah, it's what you think it is ;) could be cool but could be a pile of pants. Until someone gets hold of one and opens it and takes a few piccies I'm holding fire on the excitement. :)

BlahBlahBlah
04-07-2002, 02:02 PM
Thanks.:)

Man, these action features are getting weirder all the time.

SirSteve
04-07-2002, 02:36 PM
Well, I guess they didn't get the same e-mail I got on Friday from Hasbro stating only pictures from Toy Fair could be posted. sigh.......................... not to mention, 95% of their newest pictures are İHasbro pictures and they told me they did not send any pictures to anyone. Something sure is fishy...

I am really getting tired of "playing by the rules" with Hasbro seeing they are not doing anything for SSG.

Beast
04-07-2002, 02:50 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
Well, I guess they didn't get the same e-mail I got on Friday from Hasbro stating only pictures from Toy Fair could be posted. sigh.......................... not to mention, 95% of their newest pictures are İHasbro pictures and they told me they did not send any pictures to anyone. Something sure is fishy...
I am really getting tired of "playing by the rules" with Hasbro seeing they are not doing anything for SSG.
They probably have some backdoor deal with some people at Hasbro, that is getting them pictures early. Or even figures since they had detailed open pictures of the Luke, Royal Guard, Taun We, and Luminara. :confused:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

InsaneJediGirl
04-07-2002, 03:38 PM
These figures are sooo much better than the Collection 1 figures :D

Dooku is a cool figure with some great pack-ins.The only good thing about Qui is that he can hold his saber with two hands...other than that..hes a one pose wonder with a bad head
scuplt.The Han "feature" is really werid..especially in that pose carded..maybe it'll be better if I see it loose.

The Luke Bespin is awesome....I hope it mounts to a shelf/window for display

CrossWizard
04-07-2002, 03:47 PM
Is the green saber seen in the film?

Yeah....

**SPOILER**

That is supposedly Kit Fisto's saber, Anakin grabs it during the arena battle, then he loses it to Dooku during the hangar duel.

BlahBlahBlah
04-07-2002, 04:26 PM
Still with the spoilers...

I don't think that's Kit's. I've read two versions of the battle, one where some Jedi BRING Anakin and Obi Wan lightsabers and one where Anakin and Obi Wan steal them from the bodies of dead Jedi. Never read anything about Ani taking Kit's. And Kit is very much alive at he end of the battle.

Plus, the lightsaber Dooku takes is blue, and it's also Obi Wan's, if the rumors are correct.

Lord Tenebrous
04-07-2002, 04:32 PM
Spoiler:

Obi and Ani receive lightsabers from living Jedi. :)

Anakin Hanger includes his own blue lightsaber and the Arena green saber.

Dooku includes his own lightsaber, plus one that doesn't match either that green saber or Kit's, and it's not blue like in the promotional picture of Dooku with two sabers, the hilts aren't the same either.

So it has to be an EU saber, one from his days of being a Jedi.

LTBasker
04-07-2002, 04:46 PM
Count Dooku - Well, nicely detailed, and that little holo accessory is cool, but what ruins this figure is the slashing action. It's really gonna get in the way of posing it. I dunno about you but waiting for some super-action posed resculpt to come out where you can't pose him at all but it being the only way to get him without an action gimmick doesn't sound too good.

Luke - Overall good figure, sweet pack-in too, how are you supposed to hang it so he can climb on it is what I want to know. Another saber slasher gimmick, when he didn't really saber slash anything, he used two hands on his lightsaber to swing. Also that magnet is probably going to cause his hand to fall off even when it's just sitting there. I can see it now... someone is playing with their Luke hanging from the weather vane, he falls, his hand disconnects and then gets lost.

Han - I don't get it, they were doing so well going from CTC Han to Bespin Escape Han. This one is not only majorly action posed so to stop any casual Endor diorama, but also he has a QUICK DRAW action that will limit his posing. And his detonators aren't proportioned right.

Qui-Gon - Like I called him in another thread; "Baby Faced Qu[/]l[u]ity-Gone." He doesn't look anything like the 2-pack prototype pics we've seen, which is not understandable because had he been like the Qui in those pictures he would've been one of the best figures of 2002, but the paint looks like they were hardly even trying to make him look good. Guess they were just trying to keep the Qui-Gon resculpts going.

Jango Fett - Not a whole lot to say about this figure, nice jet pack. Some ok detail but the preview appears to have much better detail. However the whole figure though, isn't very impressive, basically it's just a good version of Deluxe Jango with a fireball lugey.

Masiff with Geonosian - Now this is a FIGURE. Kinda suprised me that it doesn't mention the Geonosian on the main title spot but Masiff has some great detail as does the warrior, a very nice 2-pack even though it's basically labeled as a 1-pack.

Beast
04-07-2002, 04:49 PM
Spoiler:
Obi and Ani receive lightsabers from living Jedi. :)
Anakin Hanger includes his own blue lightsaber and the Arena green saber.
Dooku includes his own lightsaber, plus one that doesn't match either that green saber or Kit's, and it's not blue like in the promotional picture of Dooku with two sabers, the hilts aren't the same either.
So it has to be an EU saber, one from his days of being a Jedi.
Doesn't Dooku force pull the green saber from Anakin during the battle? I swore that was the rumor that I heard. And I remember seeing a picture of him with two lightsabers, the green one and his red one. So it looks like that Anakin and Dooku each have the same second saber as a pack in. Probably so you can give it to Obi-Wan, so he has the proper green saber to re-enact the Hanger Duel? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BlahBlahBlah
04-07-2002, 04:53 PM

JEDIpartner
04-07-2002, 05:13 PM
The figures look great! I'm still not digging the Jango, though... the pose is STILL too posed. The big launching snot that he comes with isn't too bad. Han looks like an idiot on the card, but he won't stay there long once I get him. Luke is great, but he seens to have lost some of the detail that he had in the prototype. The Qui-Gon is the pits... as have been most of them. They shouldn't have bothered. Dooku is probably one of the best AOTC figures yet!! Nicely done... for once! The massif isn't too bad except for the fact that it has no articulation... from what it seems. The "bonus" Geonosian will be nice to have.

The pack-ins seem to be quite exceptional this time around. I am digging those 100%. I'll be able to put Mini-Me Holo Sidious with his "normal-sized counterpart! Is that Han's gun on the top of the bubble??? What's it doing there???

Lord Tenebrous
04-07-2002, 05:13 PM
Spoilers:

So it looks like that Anakin and Dooku each have the same second saber as a pack in. Probably so you can give it to Obi-Wan, so he has the proper green saber to re-enact the Hanger Duel

Anakin has a green Arena lightsaber, and Obi-Wan has blue. The blue saber with Anakin (Hangar Duel) is his initial lightsaber (Vader's with a blue blade)

Dooku's second lightsaber, and Obi-Wan's blue Arena lightsaber, should look something like this:

Beast
04-07-2002, 05:23 PM
Spoilers:
Anakin has a green Arena lightsaber, and Obi-Wan has blue. The blue saber with Anakin (Hangar Duel) is his initial lightsaber (Vader's with a blue blade)
Dooku's second lightsaber, and Obi-Wan's blue Arena lightsaber, should look something like this:
Odd, hmmm. I have no clue then, maybe it was a mistake on Hasbro's part...which won't be that big of a deal. The blades are removable, so I'lll just switch it with the correct color. The figure could also be a salesman's sample, so was just packed with whatever was laying around. Or that's Dooku's Jedi Lightsaber. Wasn't there a rumor a while back, that he's got his Jedi lightsaber to trick people, and then when he gets in the Hanger, he whips out his Sith saber? Oh well, guess we will have to wait for the movie, for all the answers to fall into place. Either way the figure is darn cool. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-07-2002, 05:30 PM
Dooku: "I think he ran that way...!" (pulls out Sith sabre...) "PSYCH!" :evil:

Beast
04-07-2002, 05:33 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
ROFL!! That would be just bad. That sounds like Rick McCallum's writing for Episode II. But he would toss the "F" word in a few times. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-07-2002, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

ROFL!! That would be just bad. That sounds like Rick McCallum's writing for Episode II. But he would toss the "F" word in a few times. :D

Okay... the scene would play out like this...

Anakin: "Wha...?" (turns around) "F---!" :mad:

Obi-Wan: "Did you just say 'F---'??" :confused:

Anakin: "Yes, I did." :(

Obi-Wan: "You KNOW that swearing goes against the Jedi code!" :eek:

Dooku: "What the F--- is THIS all about? Aren't you gonna come after me?" :frus:

Anakin: "Hey! F--- off and stay out of our F---ing argument or I'll slash you!" :mad:

Dooku: "That's more like it..." :evil:

Jayspawn
04-07-2002, 06:46 PM
I like em! I'm really impressed with that Han and Count Dooku looks very cool. I love the two lightsabers and Holo Sidious. The Massif looks very well detailed. Awesome! Jango, sure, looks neat.

PloKoon2385
04-07-2002, 06:57 PM
I love the Luke Bespin! Awesome! I love the Dooku, also awesome. I love the Jango, once again, Awesome! I don't like: The "actions", Qui Gon. I like the accessories that they come with though! Lots of em! I like Luke's accessories, and the little holo sidious. Did anyone notice that Jango's jetpack is different?

Jargo
04-07-2002, 08:09 PM
*Spoiler*
Anakin and Obi have their sabers confiscated when they taken prisoner on geonosis.
When the Jedi arrive in the arena they throw Anakin and Obi a saber each.
In the Hangar duel Dooku knocks Obi flying and he loses his saber which Anakin force grabs and uses to attack Dooku.
Dooku knocks the second saber from Anakin when he ends the duel by...........

DeadEye
04-07-2002, 10:45 PM
By...what?

And the figures look great...when are they all coming out?

brentfett
04-08-2002, 12:11 AM
Count Dooku- looks good. Love the Mini-Me Sidious he comes with. That lightsaber slashing attack stuff is lame though.
Luke Bespin- I can't believe I like this re-sculpt, but I do, very much.
Han
Qui-Gon- I couldnt have any less interest in either of these figures.
Jango Fett- Looks OK, but I dont think we need anymore Jangos. This is the third figure of probably fifty we will see before Episode 3.
Masiff with Geonosian -Looks good. Even though I'm still not totally sold on the Geonosians look. A little goofy.

pthfnder89
04-08-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Luke - Also that magnet is probably going to cause his hand to fall off even when it's just sitting there. I can see it now... someone is playing with their Luke hanging from the weather vane, he falls, his hand disconnects and then gets lost.

I have to agree with this. I don't see what is wrong with just doing the hand with a peg like the original. The first trip my Bespin Luke will take is right to the Super Glue factory.:D

Originally posted by LTBasker
Han - I don't get it, they were doing so well going from CTC Han to Bespin Escape Han. This one is not only majorly action posed so to stop any casual Endor diorama, but also he has a QUICK DRAW action that will limit his posing. And his detonators aren't proportioned right.

I have to totally disagrre here though. This Han looks excellent and he is definintely not any more posed than Bespin Capture Han. His detonators actually are correctly proportioned except for the bottoms. The reason is that the bottom parts are actually suction cups, so that you can stick them to objects. I think its a nice idea, although I doubt I'll use it too much. Unless they can stick to the plastic of my Endor Bunker Playset! That would be very nice.:)