PDA

View Full Version : Episode II line has Begun

The One
04-07-2002, 06:43 AM
So the Episode II line has begun. I was just looking for insight on what people thought about this? Positive or negative, whats your feedback?

Obi-Don
04-07-2002, 07:22 AM
Its kind of hard to give any feed back on this becuase I haven't seen any new stuff up close except the preview figures. I like them and I hope that the new line only gets better.

derek
04-07-2002, 07:51 AM
i think it is a waste of time. i stood in line in 1999 for pre sale of episode 1 tickets for over 5 hours, with about 500 other people. i got the first showing on opening day at 10 a.m. and again at 1:30 pm. on opening day eve, i walked up to a different theatre and wth no hassle or line easily bought tickets to the mid-night showing.

i surely won't be standing in any lines for anything episode 2 this time around.:)

2-1B
04-07-2002, 03:01 PM
derek, I had a similar experience in '99. One theater had people lined up for over a week, so I didn't bother with that. Across town, I got in line for presale tix and waited all day just to get the 2 evening shows. But a week later, right before the movie opened, our local theater (which never does presales) had a midnight showing! So we just waited 4 or 5 hours that day and saw it at 12:01. I HOPE that same theater sticks to their policy, then I can get in line late afternoon on 5/15 and see it right away. I hate the thought of waiting in line TWICE, first to get tickets and then a week later to get a decent seat. :)

As for that line at the Grauman, those same people were seen in the docu Star Woids. I checked their website, www.liningup.com . . . they give the number of the nearest street payphone so that the media can call. They also invite "us" to call and say hi. :rolleyes:

Wait, we ARE talking about waiting in line, right? The One's opening post is vague, Obi-Don thought he meant "toy line", derek and I assume "movie line". :D

hango fett
04-07-2002, 05:10 PM
i think they are doing a good job on what i've seen so far. (long wait on those blast effects, force effects..etc..) my dad just got 2 more jango fetts (preivew) so he can have one for his office and i get on to!! i'm trying to re-enact the scene in the "clone war" trailer where they are all batteling and the scene where they are forming a circle and are losing very badly...wish me luck!

The One
04-08-2002, 07:54 AM
Caesar, I am talking about The movie line youre right. But that is the only line thats started so I didnt think I had to be more clear. The other guy thought I meant a toy line started. No you had the right idea. Have you been down there, are you part of that group?

2-1B
04-08-2002, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by The One
Caesar, I am talking about The movie line youre right. But that is the only line thats started so I didnt think I had to be more clear. The other guy thought I meant a toy line started. No you had the right idea. Have you been down there, are you part of that group?

Nope, I'm several thousand miles away from them, but I am considering making some harrassing calls. :p

Seriously though, it seems they are raising money for Starlight, so that's a cool thing. :)

PCofmisfittoys
04-10-2002, 04:57 PM
Just posing a question of why?? waiting in line for Episode 2 the Attack of the Clones. I understand being able to rush out after the show and running to your friends that where smart enough to wait and say " I saw it first " but other than that WHY...Do you think it will not play longer than a week. I plan to hit the cheap times to avoid all the " Kids" seeing it or wait for a bit longer. Nothing like sitting in a theater and have " Kids" talking about anything and everything while it's going.
Just wanted to ask whay everyone thought about the " people " waiting in line. but on the otherside it is a tradition to wait in line to see good movies...so why did they stand in line for Ep1 ?...Also would that be something you would share with people ?

New additions:

" The first person to view Episode 1 " - ( from the collection of Gus Lopez )
" The First person to view Episode 2 " - ( From the collection of Gus Lopez )
" The Tennis Shoes worn by # 1 in line " yada yada yada......

Jon
04-10-2002, 05:45 PM
in 1999 it was pretty funny in Michigan, tickets went on sale 1 week prior to the release date and there was radio coverage and TV announcements and I had to go to work. At 4 PM I raced across to town to our stadium seating theater hoping an opening show was available and when I got there every single showing at midnight and on opening day was available. It was quite a bust for all the news coverage. The shows of course were sold out when it was movie time, but there was very little pre-movie interest here.