PDA

View Full Version : The Longest Movie of All?

Jon
04-07-2002, 01:44 PM
Assuming that the spoilers, script reviews, script summaries, etc. are mostly accurate, it seems that there is a ton of events that need to take place in 1 movie, Episode 3. If AOTC ends with Padme & Anakin's wedding that makes Episode 3 pack filled with events. The Clone War itself, the revelation of Darth Sidious/Palpatine, Count Dooku going down, Anakin's turn, the Skywalker twins being born, Mace's death, Anakin/Obi-Wan duel, Yoda & Obi-Wan hiding, the final issues with Jar Jar and Padme. The new Empire, it just seems like an awful lot to cram into 2 hours.
But I believe II & III will be the best of all the movies just based on how dark and disastrous the events unfolding turn out to be. You don't get movies these days too much where the bad guys win...at least for a little while.

2-1B
04-07-2002, 01:51 PM
Episode III is gonna be so long that there will be an Episode III Part II :rolleyes:

Hmm, this current film is rumored to come in around 2 hrs, 15 minutes . . . I don't know if ol' George will take it past that time mark. Maybe 2 and 1/2 hours, but that would really be stretching it.

Personally, I wouldn't mind if every SW movie was 3 hours. :D

chewie
04-08-2002, 12:30 AM
George has left all the major stuff that formed the OT to be put into epIII. Its going to definitely be a long, demanding movie in order to sew things up.

As for the Clone War being in epIII, it may be on its waning days of the war or may not be included at all. I'm still not sure we'll see much, if anything, of this galaxy wide fight.

LTBasker
04-08-2002, 12:55 AM
A long, dark, saddening, and enlightning movie... and it's SW... Somehow I can't wait. :D

Rollo Tomassi
04-08-2002, 09:27 AM
I agree, Chewie. We see the "beginning" of the Clone Wars in AOTC. We'll see the "end" in Episode III. Everything else during the war will happen "in-between"

Jon, don't forget the Jedi Purge! We'll see elements of that in Episode III, too. Although I think Vader taking down some of the council will be enough to suggest that ALL the Jedi are due for extinction. Not to mention the Clone War will probably have decimated a good portion of their ranks before we get to Episode III. So I think the 10,000+ strong Jedi order has been reduced to a few thousand or even hundreds by the time III rolls around.

Of course, if you want to know what I REALLY think, head to Mace's Death...

gibbyhayes
04-08-2002, 12:23 PM
Caesar's right. Does it matter how long it is? I tested my backside for 3 1/2 hrs. with LOTR and I easily made it that long (though I love the idea of an episode 3.5, we'll call it "Tying Up Loose Ends and Waiting For Hope").
Any Takers?

Rollo Tomassi
04-08-2002, 03:37 PM
George renumbers the films and makes it a seven part series.

"Remember when I said I only needed six movies to tell this story? Well, by six, I meant seven. A New Hope will now be Episode V, Empire will be Episode VI and Jedi will be Episode VII. Then I'm going to make a two movie epilogue with Mark, Harry, and Carrie in about 10-12 years. So it really will be nine movies...like I've been saying all along." --George Lucas, on making **** up as he goes..