PDA

View Full Version : How many?

ChronicJedi
08-16-2001, 08:06 AM
OK, so there is a little disturbance in the Force over here at SSG forums, but I still need to know; how many POTF2 figures are there? I've checked outy the picture archive and the price guide, but still can't get a definite answer. I'm not talking about figures that came with vehicles or beast packs or exclusives. I know that a lot of the figures were released on multiple cardbacks also. I just want a close number (including resculpts of course) as I am looking into purchasing a complete collection from eBay or something. I figured at my closest count there was 101. I only want 1 of each figure and care little for variations. Thanks.

stillakid
08-16-2001, 09:18 AM
I've always been interested in how many figures there are total - including the beast packs, cinema scenes, etc. I've tried counting using various lists from multiple sources, but there are some discrepencies here and there with some figures appearing to have different names and such.

Starting with the Vintage through now, anybody have any idea? Thanks.

JediTricks
08-16-2001, 12:29 PM
Here is SSG's own Thrawn with many different figure lists here on the SSG features (http://www.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=10289&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5).

According to the Carded Figures list, I distilled it down weeding out all non-POTF2 figures and found that there are 116 POTF2 single-carded figures, including the 4 SOTE figures which were not rereleased under the POTF2 logo (Leia Boushh was, the others weren't), and including the 9 Expanded Universe single-carded figures (the list below is in order of wave, from most recent to least):

Admiral Motti
Princess Leia (hood up)
Wuher
Darth Vader w/ interrigator droid
Stormtrooper (CTC)
Jawa with 'Gonk' Droid
Luke Skywalker (T-16)
Han Solo (Cantina)
Greedo (Cantina, CTC)
R2-D2 with 'Holographic' Leia
C-3PO (Shop Worn)
Aunt Beru
Anakin Skywalker (adult)
Princess Leia in Hoth Gear
Pote Snitkin
AT-AT Driver
Death Star Droid
Darth Vader (flashback)
Luke Skywalker (floppy hat)
Princess Leia in Cermonial Dress
R2-D2 w/Launching Lightsaber
Hoth Chewbacca
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi (Hood Up)
Yoda w/Boiling Pot
Emperor Palpatine w/Force Lightning

-- EU --
Dark Trooper
Spacetrooper
Luke Skywalker Dark Empire
Imperial Sentinel
Mara Jade
Clone Emperor Palpatine
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Princess Leia Dark Empire
Kyle Katarn from Dark Forces
-- EU --

Lobot
Prune Face
Mon Mothma
Chewbacca as Boushh's Bounty
8D8
Death Star Trooper
Ree Yees
Ugnaughts
Luke Skywalker (All New Likeness)
Princess Leia (All New Likeness)
C-3PO (New Pull-Apart Feature)
R2-D2 (w/ tools)
Darth Vader w/Removable Helmet
Ishi Tib
Captain Piett
Zuckuss
Lak Sivrak
Ewoks: Wicket + Logray
Biggs Darklighter
Luke Skywalker in Bespin Gear
Endor Rebel Soldier
Lando Calrissian in General's Gear
Princess Leia Organa in Ewok Celebration Outfit
Luke Skywalker in Ceremonial Outfit
Emperor's Royal Guard
Snowtrooper
Gamorrean Guard
EV-9D9
Malakili (Rancor Keeper)
Saelt-Marae (Yak Face)
Nien Nunb
Han Solo in Bespin Gear
Princess Leia Organa as Jabba's Prisoner
Grand Moff Tarkin
Ponda Baba
Garindan
4-LOM
Admiral Ackbar
ASP-7
Dengar
Rebel Fleet Trooper
Weequay Skiff Guard
Bib Fortuna
Emperor Palpatine
Han Solo in Endor Gear
Lando Calrissian as Skiff Guard
2-1B Medical Droid
AT-ST Driver
Bossk
Hoth Rebel Solider
Luke Skywalker in Hoth Gear
Jawas
Luke Skywalker in Stormtrooper Disguise
Momaw Nadon (Hammerhead)
R5-D4
Tusken Raider
Death Star Gunner
Greedo
Tatooine Stormtrooper (aka Sandtrooper)

-- SOTE --
Leia in Boushh Disguise (this fig was released in POTF2 as well)
Prince Xizor
Chewbacca in Bounty Hunter Disguise
Dash Rendar
Luke Skywalker in Imperial Guard Disguise
-- SOTE --

Han Solo in Carbonite
Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight
Han Solo in Hoth Gear
Luke Skywalker in Dagobah Fatigues
Tie Fighter Pilot
Yoda
Boba Fett
Luke Skywalker in X-Wing Pilot Gear
Lando Calrissian
Obi-Wan (Ben) Kenobi
Princess Leia Organa
Chewbacca
Han Solo
Luke Skywalker
Darth Vader
R2-D2
Stormtrooper
C-3PO

Including Leia Boushh who was also in POTF2 and throwing out the EU and SOTE figures, you are left with 103 POTF2 figures.

UPDATE - Added 4 that were missing, Leia, Motti, CTC Vader and CTC Stormie thanks to KiValleyTiger's keen eye. Updated my counts as well to reflect the change.

the master jedi
08-16-2001, 01:50 PM
I didn't realize there were so many.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-16-2001, 03:10 PM
JT,

How does Thrawn's list compare to the Hasbro mail-away poster? I think the poster includes all figures, even pack-ins like the ST Luke and Vader from the Escape the Death Star game.

Bel-Cam Jos
08-16-2001, 05:22 PM
The Wal*Mart poster included Mail-Away Mace and the STAP Battle Droid figures, so it's kinda goofy. It doesn't have any of the COMMtech POTF2 figs either.(I'm just testing this feature within my post)

KiValleyTiger
08-17-2001, 12:17 AM
JT, did you miss Admirall Motti, Leia soft, DV with droid and new stormtrooper? Or I did not see in the list?

JediTricks
08-17-2001, 12:57 AM
Originally posted by KiValleyTiger
JT, did you miss Admirall Motti, Leia soft, DV with droid and new stormtrooper? Or I did not see in the list?

CRAP ON A CRACKER! I missed 'em KVT, thanks for pointing that out, I've fixed the mistake.

MC, I have no idea about the Wal-Mart/Hasbro poster, as I don't have one. One of Thrawn's lists has like 460-something figures on it, where he's counting pack-ins and promo figures (like mail-away Obi-Wan and Kabe/Muftak). Blows the Hasbro 300th Fett list right out of the water.

GNT
08-17-2001, 02:26 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos III
The Wal*Mart poster included Mail-Away Mace and the STAP Battle Droid figures, so it's kinda goofy. It doesn't have any of the COMMtech POTF2 figs either.(I'm just testing this feature within my post)

Cause I think Kenner was still in charge then Until Hasbro took control!

JediTricks
08-18-2001, 07:42 AM
Kenner division was absorbed by Hasbro long before the Kenner logo was gone.

Darth AL
08-22-2001, 12:54 PM
Blair??????:D :confused:

Lobito
09-20-2001, 03:36 PM
Including the figures in the ships, playsets, Beasts, etc.. how many figures are?? Also do you count the Luke Red 5 X-wing/fx as a figure, also there is a EU vehicle that has what seems to be an AT AT pilot. (do they count?)

bigbarada
09-20-2001, 09:15 PM
What is this Wal-Mart poster everyone keeps refering to? Does anyone have a picture of it?

Lobito
09-20-2001, 09:21 PM
Its a poster that came out last year or earlier this year (i dont really remember) and it shows all the figures that were released at that time. Unfortuantely i dont have it, but i guess there are ppl here that does.

GNT
09-21-2001, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
What is this Wal-Mart poster everyone keeps refering to? Does anyone have a picture of it?

I don't have it, not that I would get the chance to get it anyway, Bigbarada check the Picture Archive :)