PDA

View Full Version : The Wedding.

pthfnder89
03-14-2002, 02:30 PM
A lot of posts have been mentioning the wedding between Anakin and Padme, and when or how it would take place.

I've been wondering if there is even going to be one. I'm not totally convinced there is...

In the OT, it's never mentioned that Vader and Luke/Leias mother were married, only that they had children. To me, it would seem VERY rushed for them to get married in AOTC because the are meeting again for the first time in about ten years, and just begining to form a relationship.

It could happen in Episode 3, but I can't see how they would be married and then split up in the very same movie. But since we don't know ANYTHING about Ep3's storyline yet, it's kind of hard to tell what might happen.:confused:

Personally, I'm not sure that they get married. But if I had to bet on when it might happen, right now my money would be on the wedding taking place offscreen between EP2 and EP3.

Anyone else have an idea?

Jedi Clint
03-14-2002, 03:05 PM
There have been persistent rumors of the wedding from early on up to very recently. I think we will see it. I understand where you're coming from with the "all in one movie" thing, but I think their's is a whirlwind romance. They are semi-star-crossed as is, but when they meet up in this film they accompany each other through very difficult personal crises. For Padme it is the attempts on her life, and Anakin is there to protect her. For Anakin it is the loss of his mother and Padme is there to comfort him. There is also something chemical and physical taking place between them. Neither of them live a life that affords casual intimate encounters on a regular basis, so they are driven by more primative impulses as well as the emotional bonds they form during the course of the film. I have no trouble accepting that the two can get to know each other and be married over the course of the film (a few weeks from beginning to curtain close?). Rushing into their forbidden union is another set up for a very bad fall if ya know what I mean....

;) ;) Nudge Nudge Say no more. Say no more. :) J/k

JetsAndHeels
03-14-2002, 03:12 PM
I agree with JediClint. I am pretty confident we will see this wedding towards the end of the film. Anakin and Padme have that strong past from TPM and they relate on a personal level.
Once they meet again in AOTC, ten years has passed and now they can be attracted to each other physically as well as emotionally. And it really isnt happening too fast if you think about it, because their courtship really began in TPM. It was more than evident that something was going to happen.
So it looks like we will see the wedding, just not the honeymoon:)

pthfnder89
03-14-2002, 05:06 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
There have been persistent rumors of the wedding from early on up to very recently. I think we will see it.

Good point, I haven't really kept up with all the rumours and plot developments until recently. I still don't see how it could happen in AOTC though, but since George keeps telling us its a "love story", you never know.:)

One thing is for sure; if they don't get married before Padme has the twins, the christian/family groups will be all over Lucas ;):D;)

Co Jo-Da
03-14-2002, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
One thing is for sure; if they don't get married before Padme has the twins, the christian/family groups will be all over Lucas ;):D;)

That's for damn sure. The rumor of a suggested 'Love Scene' has been brought up before and the real question is will the 'Love Scene' be seen and will it be before or after the Wedding?

Beast
03-14-2002, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by Co Jo-Da
That's for damn sure. The rumor of a suggested 'Love Scene' has been brought up before and the real question is will the 'Love Scene' be seen and will it be before or after the Wedding?
The suggested 'Love scene' occurs before the wedding, I think it's hinted at on the flight from Naboo to Tatooine. The wedding is rumored to be the second to last scene of the film, and will be held in secret. Spoiler websites say that it takes place on Naboo, performed by a Naboo Holy Man, and witnessed only by C-3PO and R2-D2.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
03-15-2002, 12:54 AM
Maybe the union will be rendered invalid if R2 and Threeps are the only witnesses :eek: ?

There is a silly parallel there, you could make a case that Anakin and Padme's droids are getting married as well :D :D :D

LTBasker
03-15-2002, 02:08 AM
Maybe they find an all day/night wedding chapel on Vegascant. :p

That would be quite interesting though, Anakin being "the chosen one" and going through the Jesus birth story and then having pre-martial relations, I wonder if that's gonna be what makes him so evil. :rolleyes:

I think was around the time that E1 came out that I heard a report from somewhere I think it was TheForce.Net saying that Lucas had released there would be a wedding at the end of E2, can't quite remember though.

Battle Droid
04-07-2002, 10:41 PM
Here's a pic from Anakin & Padme's wedding.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.collectinghq.com/im/0001442.jpg

Lord Tenebrous
04-07-2002, 10:56 PM
Small picture, but it seems to be very intimate. I'd imagine that they ditched the falling rose petals, because it looks great in its simplicity. Thanks B-Droid. :)

InsaneJediGirl
04-08-2002, 10:38 AM
Thanks for the Pic BattleDroid..

The Naboo Holy Man must be behind Anakin and Padme because I cant see him or I wasnt looking hard enough.Now it brings me
to this question...Will Anakin get thrown out of the temple once
the Jedi Masters find out about his marriage?

CrossWizard
04-08-2002, 01:26 PM
Ewwww I can imagine it now, Anakin caressing Padmes soft face with his robotic 3P0-ish arm after they exchange vows. Disturbing, maybe he will wear a glove of some sort like Luke.

Jargo
04-08-2002, 03:27 PM
According to the early draft shooting script it's just a blessing not a wedding. A union yes but not a true wedding. The whole point is a moral dilema. They begin an illicit romance and have their union blessed in secret. This is forbidden love and Anakin has begun his walk to the dark side by taking that turn in the road. He is outwardly disobeying the precepts of the Jedi order and thus betraying everything he stood for. Never mind the flashes of anger and hatred he already showed earlier in the movie. They were just moments. This is a life choice, a biggie. There is no turning back now. Once the Jedi council - what's left of them - find out what he's done they will cast him from the order. With no order where will he turn? To his friend at the top who will vainly try to intervene... then he will groom Anakin for the big turn to the dark side and the apprenticeship in evil.

JEDIpartner
04-08-2002, 04:02 PM
The final track (not the conveyor belt song) doesn't seem to have too much suggesting that the union scene is anything but brief. It has been established in the past that the end titles music and the piece leading up to it is usually how it is played at the end of the film (unlike the Main Title on the TPM 1st soundtrack).

Just a thought...

Jargo
04-08-2002, 07:19 PM
I think the blessing will be visual only and possibly accompaied by music and an overdub of juxtaposed dialogue from the Coruscant scenes that will follow. Perhaps a discussion between Yoda and Obi discussing Anakin and his behaviour and how he's taken Padme back to naboo. Something along those lines. I don't think the full extent of what they start into will come up until the next movie where it will explode in Anakin's face like a bad egg. Better to leave this movie open ended and us wanting answers and more movie than to tie things up nicely. leaves something for the imagination to tide us over until 2005.

Lord Tenebrous
04-08-2002, 11:49 PM
Ewwww I can imagine it now, Anakin caressing Padmes soft face with his robotic 3P0-ish arm after they exchange vows. Disturbing, maybe he will wear a glove of some sort like Luke.

It's not as bad as you think...

Beast
04-08-2002, 11:54 PM
Great picture Lord Tenebrous. Where did you get it, and can you show us more? Please, Please, Please? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lord Tenebrous
04-08-2002, 11:57 PM
T'Bone's Cinescape (http://www.cinescape.com/24/editorial.asp?aff_id=24&this_cat=Prequel+News&action=page&obj_id=33897&type_id=226194&cat_id=235959&sub_id=0)

Some great [big] spoilers, in pen-and-ink glory. :)

Beast
04-09-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
T'Bone's Cinescape (http://www.cinescape.com/24/editorial.asp?aff_id=24&this_cat=Prequel+News&action=page&obj_id=33897&type_id=226194&cat_id=235959&sub_id=0)
Some great [big] spoilers, in pen-and-ink glory. :)
Thank you much, Lord Tenebrous. Very very cool pictures. Now I want more. Wonder if anyone will be posting any more images this evening. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JEDIpartner
04-09-2002, 12:23 PM
Those are some great pictures. I didn't get the EPISODE I graphic novel because the pictures were HORRID!! THIS is more like it! I can't wait to see the rest. I may end up having to get this!

InsaneJediGirl
04-09-2002, 02:45 PM
Ooooo....Pictures:D :D Thanks Lord Tenebrous

Cool hand Anakin has....I wonder if he built it himself:crazed:

Jargo
04-09-2002, 03:17 PM
Nah, Threepio was packin' a spare...

Co Jo-Da
04-09-2002, 10:16 PM
I was just a quick fix...

jawaboy
04-11-2002, 10:17 PM
I wish Lucas wouldn't show the wedding at all in Ep. II. Kinda leave it to the imagination that it happens sometime between II and III. I'd prefer for this film to end on a really sour note, not a hokey wedding.

RooJay
04-11-2002, 10:26 PM
Thanks Tenebrous! I was just about to post that one myself!

RooJay
04-11-2002, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
Ooooo....Pictures:D :D Thanks Lord Tenebrous

Cool hand Anakin has....I wonder if he built it himself:crazed:

Hey JediGirl, if you manage to catch the scans from the visual dictionary posted in some of the other threads there is a great photo close-up of Anakin's new hand!

InsaneJediGirl
04-12-2002, 01:47 PM
I saw it RooJay after I posted that.They are awesome pictures,with some cool info to them.I wonder if Prop Masters
will be making "The Hand"..it would be interesting to say the least:D :eek: ;)

RooJay
04-12-2002, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by InsaneJediGirl
I saw it RooJay after I posted that.They are awesome pictures,with some cool info to them.I wonder if Prop Masters
will be making "The Hand"..it would be interesting to say the least:D :eek: ;)

Yeah, That'd be cool! I'd like a chance at a Holocron too!

JEDIpartner
04-23-2002, 09:56 PM
it's referred to as a "wedding".

THE Slayer
05-29-2002, 11:10 PM
So, is Padme christian? Actually that's not what this thread's about. But did anyone else think that the wedding was seriously lacking. I understand that it was on the downlow and all. But there's a priest, or a character who very much resembles one, the elopers and the driods. I'm just saying they could have at least tried to think outside the box, granted it doesn't happen often but sometimes. I just thought that a wedding that took place a long time ago yadda yadda wouldn't look like something that took place in my backyard.