PDA

View Full Version : Episode 2 CCG cards

brentfett
04-08-2002, 12:16 AM
I thought they stopped making Star Wars CCG cards. At my local WalMart I saw a box on a pallet marked Star Wars Episode 2 Booster packs. What gives?

Beast
04-08-2002, 12:21 AM
Hasbro has taken over the Star Wars CCG license, and they will be the one producing the new card game. Hasbro has been buying up just about every company or contract that has anything at all to do with Star Wars. They purchased Micro Machines, WOTC (who makes the RPG, and now owns the fan Club), and several other smaller companies. I think Hasbro is trying to be the end all monopoly of the Star Wars brand. Lucasfilm decided not to renew their contract with Decipher, and WOTC snatched up the CCG rights.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Rollo Tomassi
04-08-2002, 08:12 AM
WOTC. Blecch...

Bleechhh...

Bleah...

Yuck...(ptooiee)

Don't like them new WOTC cards.

And finally...

Feh.

The True Maul
04-09-2002, 09:56 AM
If anybody wants any there are some on Ebay. They look very good.

2-1B
04-13-2002, 04:30 PM
I found some at Kmart today, $1.49 for a pack of 5. I'm not a gamer, but I wanted a few just to see what kind of spoiler pics I could be surprised by. I'm heading over to Episode II Spoilers to post a few . . .

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2002, 11:12 PM
Five to a pack?!! Add that to the ever increasing list of peeves I have with WOTC... :mad:

2-1B
04-16-2002, 11:28 PM
Yep, 5 - how many did Decipher offer in a booster pack? I know there is supposed to be a starter set out there, but all I found were the boosters.

If it's of any interest, it looks like this set contains 180 cards.

Taichi
04-17-2002, 05:43 PM
I saw the starters at Wal-Mart......But can't remember how many cards they contained.....

Decipher (The better SW CCG licensee) had 15 cards per pack....in most cases.....some did have 11, I think, but all packs contained MORE THAN TEN CARDS......

damn, I hate WOTC

Eternal Padawan
04-17-2002, 11:55 PM
I wonder how many Star Wars forums all across the internet have threads where everybody is pretty much saying : "Decipher ruled. WOTC blows."

Probably all of them.

And who plays a CCG game with dice? Honestly...

Taichi
04-18-2002, 08:24 AM
It's pretty simple......

Hasbro (WOTC's parent company) wants to be the owner of all games...

wanna say that Jumprope rhyme?, you gotta pay WOTC, and you gotta say it WOTC's way!

wanna play hopscotch?, not unless you have a d20

Jacks?, Not on Richard Garfield's watch........you can't hop on your first turn......you suffer from summoning sickness!

and don't even think of winning in "Type 1" Red Rover, unless you have the expensive players..........

Eternal Padawan
05-02-2002, 01:26 AM
As a big fan of the Decipher cards, I was wondering if anybody would like to sell or trade their old cards. I am trying to put together a completely complete set, and I am missing about 200 of the 2000+ cards they have put out.

AT-AT Man
05-02-2002, 07:13 AM
do you want young jedi too thats a decipher card game, and it's SW email me at Slash_Chavezz@hotmail.com if you are interested. thanks.

c_richards
05-07-2002, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Yep, 5 - how many did Decipher offer in a booster pack? I know there is supposed to be a starter set out there, but all I found were the boosters.

If it's of any interest, it looks like this set contains 180 cards.

Decipher offered between 8 - 15 cards dependant of the series! :) As for the set of the AOTC, there are actually, 360. 180 regular cards, and it appears to have a chase set of holofoils again, numbered up to 180:)

The Cards are $1.49 for a booster pack of 5 cards at Target and K-Mart, and $1.79 at my Local TRU!

I bought a 2 player starter deck, for $7.99 at TRU. That came with 60 cards (2 30 card decks) a mat, dice, damage counters, and all that! :)

Hope the info helps...

MTFBWY!

Eternal Padawan
05-11-2002, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by AT-AT Man
do you want young jedi too thats a decipher card game, and it's SW email me at Slash_Chavezz@hotmail.com if you are interested. thanks.

Nope, Just the original thanks. I bought a couple packs of the Young Jedi cards just to see what they were like, but I didn't collect them like the first (and BEST) SWCCG. I didn't get any of those Jedi Knight cards with the completely computer generated images on them either. And I certainly won't be buying any of the WOTC cards because it was just smelly what they did by taking the license from Decipher. I often wonder if George knows what LucasLicensing is doing behind his back...

farlow78
05-19-2002, 10:14 PM
doesn't the aotc card set have packs with 11 cards?

c_richards
05-20-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by farlow78
doesn't the aotc card set have packs with 11 cards?

farlow78-

Yes, there are boosters with 11 cards in them. They have at least 3 different foil wrappers, Anakin, Zam Wessel, and Clone Troopers. They retail for $3.29 a pack!

I bought 5 of them at a comic shop on Sunday, and pulled out #1, Anakin Skywalker, #6 Boba Fett - holofoil, Wat Tambor, and a few others I need for my set.

Also, now might be the time to start buying the last of the decipher STAR WARS Cards. I was able to buy a full box of young Jedi - Duel of the Fates Boosters for $12.00! I was able to almost make a full set of 60 cards, and had pleanty left over! I also saw, Death Star II Starter Boxes, Special Edition Starter Boxes, Several Young Jedi Starters and Boosters as well as Jedi Knights CCG's all priced for $12.00 a box! All boxes were mint and unopened! :)

There are also 2 types of Starter Decks. 1 of them is a 2-person Starter deck wich retails for about $14.99, comes with 2 30-card decks, a play mat, dice, and a rule book!

The second way to get starters is the traditonal 60-card starters. These have 60 cards (duh), and a rule book. They retail for about $9.99, and I was able to get both the light and dark sides from Waldenbooks!

I hope the info helps!
MTFBWY!

BTW - if you are looking for a list of the cards in the set, go to the Wizards of the Coast website, www.wizards.com, and you can print it off there. I also found a full pictoral/checklist of the cards in the current issue of Scrye, or was it STAR WARS Gamers.

Again, hope the info helps!

kajonnes
05-21-2002, 01:25 AM
hey Mr C_Richards where did you get the boxes for 12.00.

c_richards
05-21-2002, 10:22 AM
Originally posted by kajonnes
hey Mr C_Richards where did you get the boxes for 12.00.

Kajonnes-

There is a comic shop close to me that has Young Jedi, Decipher's SW CCG, and the Jedi Knights boxes for $12.00.

THESE ARE NOT FOR THE WOTC AOTC set. :) All I can suggest is to check your local comic shops and see if they have any deals like that! :)

JundlandChris
05-22-2002, 01:39 PM
c_richards is right. There are 11 card packs and 5 card packs. The 5 card packs are found most everywhere (TRU, WalMart, Target, etc.). The 11 card packs are what you'll find at comic/card shops. You can also get them at mall game stores like EB and Babbages as well as bookstores like Borders.

The 5 card packs have the chance to get a rare or foil but it's not guaranteed. The 11 card packs on the other hand come with 7 commons, 3 uncommons and 1 guaranteed rare. The cool thing is that if you pull a foil it takes the place of a common and not your rare like Decipher used to do. So if you pull a foil pack then you're going to get a rare and a foil and even the foil could be rare. The downside to this is that there are 180 cards in the set and there is a foil version of every one of them. The foils aren't as hard to get as the Decipher ones and like I said before they don't take the place of your rare. In a booster box you'll get anywhere from 10-12 foils in a box (1 every 3 or 4 packs). Still a longshot when putting together a foil set.

Finally getting to my point, I'm trying to put together a set of foils. I will trade rares for foils (regardless of rarity level) if someone is just interested in putting together a regular set and isn't interested in the foils. I will also pay via PayPal for foils that I don't have too.

Here is a list of extra rares that I have to trade:

http://www.jundlandwastes.com/tcgrares.html

And here is a list of foils that I HAVE. If it's not on this list, I need it:

http://www.jundlandwastes.com/tcgfoils.html

Hope this helps out some more and maybe even helps me out ;-)

-Chris

c_richards
05-24-2002, 10:30 AM
Originally posted by JundlandChris
c_richards is right. There are 11 card packs and 5 card packs. The 5 card packs are found most everywhere (TRU, WalMart, Target, etc.). The 11 card packs are what you'll find at comic/card shops. You can also get them at mall game stores like EB and Babbages as well as bookstores like Borders.

The 5 card packs have the chance to get a rare or foil but it's not guaranteed. The 11 card packs on the other hand come with 7 commons, 3 uncommons and 1 guaranteed rare. The cool thing is that if you pull a foil it takes the place of a common and not your rare like Decipher used to do. So if you pull a foil pack then you're going to get a rare and a foil and even the foil could be rare. The downside to this is that there are 180 cards in the set and there is a foil version of every one of them. The foils aren't as hard to get as the Decipher ones and like I said before they don't take the place of your rare. In a booster box you'll get anywhere from 10-12 foils in a box (1 every 3 or 4 packs). Still a longshot when putting together a foil set.

Finally getting to my point, I'm trying to put together a set of foils. I will trade rares for foils (regardless of rarity level) if someone is just interested in putting together a regular set and isn't interested in the foils. I will also pay via PayPal for foils that I don't have too.

Here is a list of extra rares that I have to trade:

http://www.jundlandwastes.com/tcgrares.html

And here is a list of foils that I HAVE. If it's not on this list, I need it:

http://www.jundlandwastes.com/tcgfoils.html

Hope this helps out some more and maybe even helps me out ;-)

-Chris

Jundland Chris.
I would like to see about working on a possible trade with you! I don't have my list of needs right now, but I know you have a few items I either need, or would like to have for my set!

Let me get my lists together, and all my items in line, and I'll be able to let you know more effectively what I can and can't do for you in terms of a possible trade on Tuesday!

MTFBWY!

JundlandChris
05-24-2002, 02:09 PM
Sounds good! Just email your list to me at either of the two addresses below:

chris@servint.com
webmaster@jundlandwastes.com

Also, keep checking those lists as I've been updating them daily as I get more rares and more foils.

-Chris

c_richards
05-24-2002, 02:37 PM
Ok Chris...will do!

I'll get my lists in order, and send them to you asap!

THX again!