PDA

View Full Version : When is the GBA Star Wars Ep 1 game coming?

JediTricks
08-31-2001, 09:23 AM
I know this game has garnered NO coverage, but does anybody know when the Game Boy Advance Episode I game (poorly titled "Jedi Power Battles") is coming out? It looks like a nice three-quarters Zelda-lite game, and I can't wait to play something that's not "SUPER CUTTING EDGE!!!" in the Star Wars video game universe, but if some hoopla doesn't get whipped up soon, I'm gonna be worried.

Boba Rhett
09-03-2001, 02:18 PM
I could have sworn I heard that it was going to be released this fall. November possibly.

I'm just waiting around for the FPS's to start coming to the GBA/ Which they soon will be. :D

JediTricks
09-04-2001, 07:13 AM
That's what Nintendo says too, a vague "fall". They need to really give us a little more info on this one though, IMO.

FPS's?

Boba Rhett
09-04-2001, 01:26 PM
First Person Shooters. JK is a FPS. The're on their way!!

JediTricks
09-05-2001, 07:13 AM
AH, thanks! Jedi Knight is a first- or third-person shooter though, since you can have an alternate view behind the character, right?

BTW, I couldn't agree more! GBA needs a SW FPS badly, maybe even a GBA version of JK. (heh heh, remember when people actually used words to communicate? ;))

Boba Rhett
09-05-2001, 11:04 AM
Correct, That was one of the groundbreaking things about it. :)

I don't know what FPS's their doing. I wish they would do JK to but I bet they'll stick to the more classic FPS's such as Doom and Quake. :(

(Me not member win words use commuticate.) :D

bigbarada
09-16-2001, 08:02 PM
I just bought a GBA, and have heard nothing about possible SW games coming out. I assume something will be made for Ep2, but what about in the meantime? Why not a simple shooter game similar to Gradius? Or a port of the Super Star Wars, SESB, and SROTJ SNES games? Jedi Knight would be really nice too.

bigbarada
09-16-2001, 08:10 PM
And another thing, what's the deal with them tiny lil cartridges? They're almost small enough to be choking hazards for kids!

What's the deal with five different brands of Root Beer?

What's the deal with canned air costing $7 a can?

What's the deal with.....?

Thus ends my first and last ever Jerry Seinfeld impression.:D

JediTricks
09-17-2001, 11:07 AM
Well, we've got SW:EP 1 - JPB coming for GBA sometime in the next 4 months, but it's a Zelda-type game or something.

As for a shooter, there should be one!

The game packs on the GBA are cutting-edge technology so they're dinky, but I think the real reason they're small is because the GBA is so much more tightly-packed than the GBC and they don't want carts sticking out the top.