PDA

View Full Version : if they made a luke (bespin duel), then will they make a...

hango fett
04-08-2002, 07:16 AM
vader bespin duel? this luke is an AWESOME figure! i can't wait to see this in stores! but, are they going to make a bespin vader? that would be very nice. the luke and vader could battle and stuff! (these 2 figs would be great dueling guys!)

let me know
hango fett (a.k.a ki-adi mundi's bro)

LTBasker
04-08-2002, 07:33 AM
Yeah, they're making a Bespin Vader, his pictures were released a while ago. He comes with some...thing kinda like how Luke comes with the vaporator and he's got his hand extended. The BIG down part about him though is that he's got the lightsaber slashing gimmick, so basically think Unleashed Vader statue with saber slash gimmick and there ya go.

Dave_Cameron
04-08-2002, 08:29 AM
The only problem with it is, what- I think someone called it, "Smell my glove" Vader. The hand has to go. It makes no sense in that position considering he has "slashing" action.

Speaking of slashing action- imagine the hours of fun you will have with Luke's slashing action when he's got his "stump keeper" on the end of his arm! The Luke is a great figure. It's got everything we have been asking for!

JEDIpartner
04-08-2002, 08:55 AM
That "someone", again, would be me! Hahahaha... I keep getting quoted and being referred to as "someone"! I guess it beats being a "nobody"! :)

Anyhow... you're right. We HAVE been asking for all this articultion and all the pieces parts that go with a character... and now we have it! Good choice... well done, indeed!!!

mylow thehutt
04-08-2002, 03:24 PM
does the luke have the stupid slashing gimick,it said so on the box.:confused:

DeadEye
04-08-2002, 03:38 PM
Luke and Vader both have the slashing gimmick...so I guess they're both beating each other into submission with their sabers. "Avast, ye scurvy dogs!" :D

Unit-01
04-08-2002, 04:51 PM
I just hope the hand can stay on.

LTBasker
04-08-2002, 08:38 PM
I wonder if they'll have 'secret pop-up heads feature' too, anyone else picturing those boxing games where you would press a button alot and the figures would just punch one another until one of their heads popped up? :dead:

Dryanta
04-08-2002, 08:42 PM
Rock'em sock'em bespin duel?LOL that would be about right for Hasbro at this point.LOL.

corporal AMF
04-08-2002, 10:52 PM
I was looking forward to Bespin Vader, after buying the 25 ann. set, but that slashing effect is something that annoys me :mad:
I think this is the Vader we'll Get...Hope that his sculpt will be as good as Luke

LTBasker
04-09-2002, 12:30 AM
Yep, that's the perp! Arrest him for harboring a gimmick! :D

The MOTDS 3/34" 2-pack has a Vader that covers the Bespin scene nicely, and he's got a cloth cape and if you take one of his hands off his lightsaber you can posistion him where he's doing the hand offering, only it looks kinda better. I wish they had done the Vader like that but without the gimmick. These figures would be much better if they were just articulated enough to put them in swinging actions.

One blow to Luke's right hand and the weak-magnet won't be able to hold it then it'll go flying across the floor and the cats will see it then they'll start playing with it and end up batting it around to where you can't find it. :(

MisterPL
04-09-2002, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
The MOTDS 3/34" 2-pack has a Vader that covers the Bespin scene nicely...

"Nicely," perhaps, but not perfectly. The MOTDS Vader is based on his appearance in ANH. TESB Vader's costume was slightly, but noticeably different. I wonder if the upcoming Bespin Vader will sport any battle damage.

I do consider that MOTDS version to be a definitive Vader, though. Very nice indeed.

187-Maul
04-09-2002, 10:21 AM
I'm still looking for that MOTDS 2-Pack
whe I have that I'll have all the 3.3/4 mauls ever made (except sith speeder game) and will finally have a good Vader (in the moment I only have the Guner Station and the Xizor 2-Pack versions)

pthfnder89
04-09-2002, 12:41 PM
I kind of like this Vader. I have every other one so far, except Emperors Wrath, but I'll probably get htis one as well. I have a feeling the pose looks better in person, but I think it looks all right in the pictures so far.

The only thing that bothers me is the big, molded plastic capes. But I have several Comtech Vaders, so I'll just borrow a cape from one of them.:D

Darth Ludicrous
04-10-2002, 08:03 AM
Rock'em sock'em bespin duel?LOL that would be about right for Hasbro at this point.LOL.

-The really funny thing is that Hasbro already made this a couple of years ago. I got it on clearance. It might be under the Milton Bradley Logo. It was basically Rock'em Sock'em Robots with Vader and Bespin Luke. I'm not kidding.

187-Maul
04-10-2002, 09:52 AM
any pics darth ludicrous ? I would love to see that:p

badtaste
04-10-2002, 04:02 PM
Did anybody noticed the pic of the loose vader bespin is not the same as the carded one?

DeadEye
04-10-2002, 04:03 PM
Battle damage? his only injury would be a little cut on his right arm from where luke slashed him. :P

badtaste
04-10-2002, 04:07 PM
10 more Quin Gon Jinns!