PDA

View Full Version : GNT back in SSG's good graces?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-08-2002, 11:35 AM
Maybe this is old news to some, but I was just in one of the General Discussion threads and noticed that GNT's 2500+ post credits has been returned to him. I'd just like to say that was one of the looooongest "time outs" I've ever seen. I hope you've learned your lesson young man, and just make sure you remember your curfew next time. ;)

Beast
04-08-2002, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Maybe this is old news to some, but I was just in one of the General Discussion threads and noticed that GNT's 2500+ post credits has been returned to him. I'd just like to say that was one of the looooongest "time outs" I've ever seen. I hope you've learned your lesson young man, and just make sure you remember your curfew next time. ;)
It's probably just a case of when Sir Steve loaded the updated forums, it took the counter reset off of his ID. Not sure if Sir Steve is just going to leave it as is, or reset it again. Though all I can say is that according to GNT in a post at scum's forums (http://www.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=26;t=000688), he's very bitter about this site. Hell, most of them over there seem to be. Not to mention he chose to attack me. :(

Bounty Hunter GNT Bounty Hunter Member # 60:
I could care less about that site now,Rebelscums way much better,new news and pictures rebelscum has all the new pictures unlike the other site,what more can one want?

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
04-08-2002, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

he's very bitter about this site. Hell, most of them over there seem to be. Not to mention he chose to attack me. :(

It's sad, but I guess its for the best. Personally I haven't even registered at RebelScum because I don't like most of the posts on that board. Sure we have some pretty opinionated posters like Jargo and the like, but everything here is usually said in good fun. Over there, everyone seems so bitter all the time it's difficult to even enjoy reading their posts. I think SSG fosters a MUCH friendlier atmosphere to talk in.:)

SirSteve
04-08-2002, 12:24 PM
I'll leave his post counts where they are and hopefully, if he starts posting again, they are quality posts. When I say this, I don't mean "every single post", just 75% of them.

;)

187-Maul
04-08-2002, 12:55 PM
I am signed to rebelscum and I like the site a lot too but the forums are pretty lousy there - I only talk inthe custimization threads, the general discussion and sometimes in the saga or E-I
still like this forums waaaaaaaaaaay more

Wolfwood319
04-08-2002, 01:30 PM
I found that thread on SSG a few days ago and posted in defense of Rebelscum... guess I must have made a good point because it was DELETED Sirsteves used to be a cool site when POTF2 was around , now he just bends over for Hasbro.

Was this the guy who posted in defense of having the site become "official"? His post is still up, I think he double posted and the second was taken down, but his original post in defense of Rebelscum is still up.

I notice they throw around a lot of negative comments over at those boards, a lot towards SSG too. Now I remember why I don't visit their forums too often.

"Begun, this Forum war has..."

Rollo Tomassi
04-08-2002, 03:17 PM
Ha Ha. I liked how they said Sir Steve spent $40 large for the photos. Damn, Steve, can I borrow some money? ;)

I don't like the idea of being called a four year old. Whatever.

2-1B
04-08-2002, 03:26 PM
. . . or the way the vintage sectioned was criticised for having "what's your
favorite . . . " threads. Jeez, it's just meant to be fun. :rolleyes:

Mandalorian Candidat
04-08-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
I'll leave his post counts where they are and hopefully, if he starts posting again, they are quality posts. When I say this, I don't mean "every single post", just 75% of them.

Since we're on the topic of post counts, what happened to yours Steve? Weren't you at 65K+ a few days ago? ;)

Jargo
04-08-2002, 05:44 PM
I don't much like opinionated. I prefer 'impassioned' try it on for size, you might find it makes a nice substitute. opinionated is so -negative........ ;)

I was under the impression that Hasbro were bending over for rebelscum these days.

I guess you can delete that last statement if you wish but I'm just being my normal impassioned self :D

dr_evazan22
04-08-2002, 06:06 PM
I'm not familiar w/ RS's forums, but i think that some people at other site's need to relax a little bit and stop taking themselves so seriously.

I'm still pretty new around here, posting sinece Feb, but I laugh every time I come on, and that's the reason I've stuck around.

JediTricks
04-08-2002, 08:59 PM
IMO, this is a non-issue and should die. As for GNT back on "good graces", he left of his accord after his post-count was reset following a series of warnings which he ignored - he could have been suspended instead of just had his post-count reset, but suspension seems so harsh - so in my opinion, his graces haven't changed since the reset (even though the reset was reset ;)).

In any event, we can obviously see what was so important to him about these forums, which is a shame because post counts are meaningless; it's the quality of the post that matters.

Dryanta
04-08-2002, 09:17 PM
Well I had to go to thier forums to read and look around a bit to be fair about trying to form an opinion..
I did find alot of negative comments about this site.That's OK they have right to their opinions.
What bothered me was the comments aimed at US all.Not just a certain person here but all of us. Are we not all Star Wars Fans?
Would all break out into some stupid Gang fight if two groups of us ran into each other. It really reminds of the stupid school rivalries that we've all seen in our youth.
How many people are registered on both sites?How does it feel to go to both and see the disdain for each other?It really should stop.
A couple comments I read were calling the posters here childish and of a lower IQ than the ones over there.????
How can you say that when it's apparent that alot people belong to both?? looking in the mirror and calling yourself names?
I stay here because I have people I consider friends here.And some are probably over there too.It's easier for a computer illiterate like myself to come to one site and learn how to use it.
I choose this one.And I'll stick with it. I won't bother going there again.
To stay somewhat on topic I don't know GNT and I guess I won't have the priviledge.He may be angry over any number of things.He may not.He may be a person who adopts another persona while on line and is nothing like he sounds in the real world.So I have no choice but not to have a opinion of him,or try to guess at his motivations.But that's me.Like I said I don't know the guy:)

Lord Malakite
04-08-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by Dryanta
A couple comments I read were calling the posters here childish and of a lower IQ than the ones over there.????

Lower I.Q.? There is no truth in that. Not unless you consider a 130-149 I.Q., like mine, low. ;)

As for being childish, everyone has their moments. Its not too common, but as Toy Fair Vader has proven in many ways, it does happen on all sides.

mylow thehutt
04-08-2002, 11:46 PM
:( I really liked GNT,it's like he rebeled against us.As for the fools at rebelscum,Ha..let them be idiots,they can say all the things they want about us till they pass out for all i care. Lets all make a pack we don't end up like them.;) ON OUR FOURMS.

OCB
04-09-2002, 12:23 AM
Before some of you start cussing out everyone at the Rebelscum forums (formerly Collectstarwars) ask some of the long time (and I mean long like 2 years ago) members about this little acronym...ISE

ISE made a ton of people leave this site, in fact it led to the creation of Collectstarwars itself...that is why there is some anamosity for this site, that and the whole Toy Fair Vader thing didn't help matters either

And as far as the two sites go, I used to be a regular here and still recognize some names from those days...each has their own strengths and weaknesses, it just comes down to a matter of personal preference...don't let a couple of members posts let you form a stereotype for all of us over there...

As far as GNT, your punishment of him is also a punishment for all of us at Rebelscum because now he will post more over there , thanks ;)

SirSteve
04-09-2002, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by OCB
Before some of you start cussing out everyone at the Rebelscum forums (formerly Collectstarwars) ask some of the long time (and I mean long like 2 years ago) members about this little acronym...ISE

ISE made a ton of people leave this site, in fact it led to the creation of Collectstarwars itself...that is why there is some anamosity for this site, that and the whole Toy Fair Vader thing didn't help matters either

And as far as the two sites go, I used to be a regular here and still recognize some names from those days...each has their own strengths and weaknesses, it just comes down to a matter of personal preference...don't let a couple of members posts let you form a stereotype for all of us over there...

As far as GNT, your punishment of him is also a punishment for all of us at Rebelscum because now he will post more over there , thanks ;)

You are correct about the ISE's but I really had no control over the situation at the time (long story) but now I do and ISE's are a thing of the past!

Jedi Clint
04-09-2002, 01:24 AM
What "Toy Fair Vader thing"?

2-1B
04-09-2002, 01:26 AM
What's an ISE ? I honestly don't know, pardon my ignorance. :)

SithDroid
04-09-2002, 01:27 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
IMO, this is a non-issue and should die. As for GNT back on "good graces", he left of his accord after his post-count was reset following a series of warnings which he ignored - he could have been suspended instead of just had his post-count reset, but suspension seems so harsh - so in my opinion, his graces haven't changed since the reset (even though the reset was reset ;)).

In any event, we can obviously see what was so important to him about these forums, which is a shame because post counts are meaningless; it's the quality of the post that matters.

I agree. The quality is what should count. Heck, I myself have posted many long responses and I don't usually choose to post one liners or just repeat something that someone just said.

As for GNT, it's sad that he is bashing SSG forum members over there. Oh well, I don't go over there because I think that SSG is a great place to come to get the latest updates.

Jedi Clint
04-09-2002, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
What's an ISE ? I honestly don't know, pardon my ignorance. :)

The old forums used to have Internal Service Errors. They were a pain.

Sliver FBI
04-09-2002, 02:15 AM
Hi, Iīve been here for quite a while, though I donīt post much, and Im a frequent poster over at Rebelscum.
This is what I think.

Personally, I have nothing agaist SSG forums, in fact, if it werent for those forums, many of us wouldīve never met. I barely post there because I like it here better, and Iīve made more friends here, do I also met some cool guys at the SSG forums.

And regarding those vintage threads, let them be, if they wanna post about their favorite aliens, so be it. Theyīre the members, and they decide what to talk about.
In case anyone form SSG is reading, I didnīt stop posting there for any particular reason, I just donīt have enough time, and I stop by from time to time.

Back to the point, I think SS is doing this because of all the coments he got redarding that Toy Fair Vader. And I also posted my opinion on that. "Itīs his Vader and he can do with him what he wants"

Anyway, I think that a fight between both forums is just childish. These are just toys!

Peace.

GNT
04-09-2002, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by Dryanta
To stay somewhat on topic I don't know GNT and I guess I won't have the priviledge.He may be angry over any number of things.He may not.He may be a person who adopts another persona while on line and is nothing like he sounds in the real world.So I have no choice but not to have a opinion of him,or try to guess at his motivations.But that's me.Like I said I don't know the guy:)

Hi Dryanta :D To bad we never talked...

As for GNT, it's sad that he is bashing SSG forum members over there

Not in such a sense,To tell the truth I was treated like cr@p here which lead to a down fall of events,I started a thread here(probably deleted by now) with the intentions of talking about it(I think it was my 100days to go thread) JT or Steve took that the wrong way and thought I was going to post all the way down to day 1 when in fact I had stated I would give updates every so often(100,75,50,25,10 and day 1) of coarse knowing them they didn't listen so there was no point what so ever...

Its to bad SSG was a really great site before and have stuck up for the site many times and to be told what I have done wwas wrong(and not listing to me to begin with) there was no point to remain,I do check back to see what the old timers are up to but thats not like the old days thats for sure

Knowing the system this post will probably be deleted soon.... :cry:

I have nothing against the site,just my opinion...

2-1B
04-09-2002, 02:45 AM
Hi GNT :)

((((( group hug )))))

Beast
04-09-2002, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by GNT
Not in such a sense,To tell the truth I was treated like cr@p here which lead to a down fall of events,I started a thread here(probably deleted by now) with the intentions of talking about it(I think it was my 100days to go thread) JT or Steve took that the wrong way and thought I was going to post all the way down to day 1 when in fact I had stated I would give updates every so often(100,75,50,25,10 and day 1) of coarse knowing them they didn't listen so there was no point what so ever...
You weren't going to post everyday a countdown to the movie opening from a 100 days? Odd, you opened a countdown post over on Rebelscum, and have been posting almost everyday a countdown announcment. And you started over there with 153 days to go. This isn't an attack, just a clarification of facts. :D

GNT's Rebelscum Countdown Thread (http://www.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=000425&p=)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

GNT
04-09-2002, 03:14 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
You weren't going to post everyday a countdown to the movie opening from a 100 days? Odd, you opened a countdown post over on Rebelscum, and have been posting almost everyday a countdown announcment. And you started over there with 153 days to go. This isn't an attack, just a clarification of facts. :D

GNT's Rebelscum Countdown Thread (http://www.rebelscum.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=8&t=000425&p=)

The thread I started at rebelscum was started way before the post I made here,If you had actually read the thread I posted here at the time it was completly different and was clearly stated that it wasn't again going to be everyday.

jeddah
04-09-2002, 04:39 AM
I am stunned that one whining and precious ex-member is being given so much credibility. :rolleyes: Friends notwithstanding, why is so much store being set by this vexatious troublemaker? The way I see it is that when I used to visit the General Forum, any posts penned by the rare wit that is GNT would generally consist of either a one or two sentence post of little worth, or alternatively some form of self-agrandisement.

Now he is posting his pap again, probably curling his toes in delight at the thought of having a two page thread dedicated to him, and is latterly playing down the divisive posts he has made at rebelscum in reference to SSG.

As has been said quite rightly, these are toys. How sad it is to see the subject spun into some sort of site-politics.
I am a registed member of SSG and I visit and post on many other sites. I'm a frequent visitor of TFN, Rebelscum SW.com, and joe blogg's homemade site - as long as it is related to my passion for SW then I'm not fussed.

I avoid these kind of childish squabbles but this time I couldn't ...I wouldn't mind if he had something revolutionary or heretical to say but unfortunately it's just bleating 'poor me' garbage. Ironic that Gasgano certainly does talk

Of course all the above - as GNT says is; "just my opinion."

jeddah

Rollo Tomassi
04-09-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Caesar

((((( group hug )))))

No doubt. Can't we all just get along? It was a nice touch for those two envoys from rebelscum to come over and apologize for their fellow members. I'm sure we've (we as in the SSG members collectively) bad mouthed The BHC and rebelscum from time to time. I don't think we have any room to talk when they bad mouth us. I KNOW a few of you have made negative remarks about them. If you like it here. Cool. If you like it there. Fine. If you like it both places. More power to you.

Can we get back to what's really important?

Star Wars.

MisterPL
04-09-2002, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

Star Wars.

I love Star Wars. *swoon*

JediTricks
04-09-2002, 04:18 PM
OCB, to be fair to BP, I believe he started his site with the intention of just doing a SW site his way before the old SSG UBB forums here died out via ISE.

GNT, I listened to what you said, I just didn't believe it - I still don't. You were specifically told not to make another countdown-style thread with "regular updates" and you did anyway, even stating such in that thread's opening post; but even that was not when your post count got zeroed, you were warned after that several more times about post-padding and you continued to argue about that 100-days thread, as if that was the ONLY factor - it wasn't. You even publically reveled in your ability to get away with post-padding in these forums. You claim it's too bad I didn't listen, perhaps it's too bad you didn't.

Ultimately, I see this all as being non-issue, if people wanna badmouth SSG and us forumites somewhere else, there's not much we can do over there - forum wars are childish and ultimately lead to only hurt feelings. I suggest we SSG forumites let this whole thing go, no retaliation, no crude posts, nothing so crass - let our ability to let it slide right off of us while we continue to have fun here be our only action.

Sliver FBI
04-09-2002, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi

No doubt. Can't we all just get along? It was a nice touch for those two envoys from rebelscum to come over and apologize for their fellow members. I'm sure we've (we as in the SSG members collectively) bad mouthed The BHC and rebelscum from time to time. I don't think we have any room to talk when they bad mouth us. I KNOW a few of you have made negative remarks about them. If you like it here. Cool. If you like it there. Fine. If you like it both places. More power to you.

Star Wars.

Yeah, what he said. :)

notafinga
04-09-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks

Ultimately, I see this all as being non-issue, if people wanna badmouth SSG and us forumites somewhere else, there's not much we can do over there - forum wars are childish and ultimately lead to only hurt feelings. I suggest we SSG forumites let this whole thing go, no retaliation, no crude posts, nothing so crass - let our ability to let it slide right off of us while we continue to have fun here be our only action. [/B]

Nothing we can do?

I say we wipe them out... all of them.:D

The quality of posts is what's important?

...hooo boy...

Dark Hybrid
04-09-2002, 11:03 PM
Just thought I would get my two credits in..

Was..?SSG and the $350 Toy Fair Vader (http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1704631040) that ever resolved..I just hope that guy got his rechargable batteries cost covered..wait..or was it for the 9/11 fund..er..was it to cover the costs for the images SSG bought from Rebel..er..I mean Hasbro?

Rollo Tomassi
04-09-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by Dark Hybrid
Just thought I would get my two credits in..

Was..http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1704631040 (The $350 Toy Fair Vader Scalping Incedent) that ever resolved..I just hope that guy got his rechargable batteries cost covered..wait..or was it for the 9/11 fund..er..was it to cover the costs for the images SSG bought from rebel..er..I mean Hasbro?

1. That's a bad link and
2. It was worth every penny I paid for it.;)

Dark Hybrid
04-09-2002, 11:14 PM
Well, www.creaturecantina.com called him out around the time of the incident and we never saw a reciept for batteries, nor a check scan of the check that was supposed to be cut for the 9/11 fund.

Should'nt be afraid to post a scan of the check, you can just blur out the account number. I hear blurring is a common practice to cover marks such as property tags and account numbers?

And for the record, this post isn't any form of retaliation or ill will. I just want an explanation for some actions, instead of petty excuses and cover ups.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-09-2002, 11:20 PM
Whoever is moderating this forum, I think it's time to close this link. The mudslinging is not only boring, but also very uncreative.

Just thought I would get my two credits in....

:rolleyes:

Dark Hybrid
04-09-2002, 11:31 PM
No mudslinging here. Just trying to get some answers as to why Rebelscums property tags were deliberatly obscured from pictures that were supposedly obtained from Hasbo, a company who said themselves that the pictures had to be removed.

Also wanted to make sure the families and victims of 9/11 got the $350 that was raised from the Free/$20 Toy Fair Vader that was auctioned off. A scan of the check or money order will suffice and then maybe some credibility as a professional website/collecting forum can be restored.

Sorry to be so straight forward, but someone had to pull the wool from over your eyes. I do my best to be professional, I only ask the same in return.

2-1B
04-09-2002, 11:44 PM
Sorry to be so straight forward, but someone had to pull the wool from over your eyes. I do my best to be professional, I only ask the same in return.

It's unprofessional to assume that I care how, when, why, where, or for how much someone sold a child's toy. :)

Dark Hybrid
04-09-2002, 11:55 PM
I would think it unprofessional to continue to show allegiance to a known plagerising, heartless scammer. The unprofessionalism displayed by SS is blatantly displayed..almost plaguelike. Why not own up to some responsiblity, instead of beating around the bush.

This is my last post here, so good luck in all your ventures. More luck to you should you have a revelation that sends you to "that other" SW Collector site.

2-1B
04-10-2002, 12:01 AM
I would think it unprofessional to continue to show allegiance to a known plagerising, heartless scammer. The unprofessionalism displayed by SS is blatantly displayed..almost plaguelike. Why not own up to some responsiblity, instead of beating around the bush.

Do I know SirSteve? Do I pay him to use his site? No and no.

Take it easy Ida Tarbell, I come here to have a few laughs with other folks and talk about a hobby. Your adept spelunking could be used to better the world, instead you are exposing a conspiracy over an eBay auction. :rolleyes:

And since you bothered me about it, it looks like there are 159 eBay users who don't think they were scammed. ;)

Dar' Argol
04-10-2002, 12:03 AM
I read enough of this. This thread need to be closed and I have alerted the proper ppl.