PDA

View Full Version : Script

BanthaPoodoo
04-08-2002, 10:58 AM
If anyone would like it, just point your friendly newsreader to:

alt.binaries.starwars

They have in .gif format the script. I don't know how complete it is, or if it is even the right one, but thought it would be interesting to share.

I shall commence reading it immediately!!!

Jargo
04-08-2002, 02:18 PM
It's just an early shooting script that lacks several pages and plenty of scenes we know they filmed. It's basically the story but...
I read it yesterday and thought it was dreadful. really cringeworthy writing. Hopefully some of that awful dialogue will end up on the cutting room floor. Sadly a lot of the worst concerns the love story and the dialogue between Padme and Anakin is atrocious. Cloying over sentimental irritatingly formal. I know what they were aiming for here with this dialogue, trying to ape the style of movies from a bygone era but it fails miserably on several counts. The script lacks humanity. The characters are soulless and immature. The situations are forced and clumsy. Jemmied in ideas and convenient links to the OT. I'm not liking this movie much right now based on this script and the clips in the trailers. I like a lot of the design work and I'm glad we get to see some stuff that was mentioned in the OT but mostly this movie stinks to me. Not rushing to book my ticket just yet...

Rollo Tomassi
04-08-2002, 02:43 PM
I am cringing at words like wacky and Gonzo, too. Do you think George hired Hales as a screenwriter or a scapegoat?

JEDIpartner
04-08-2002, 02:55 PM
I just read something somewhere that actually USED the word "Gonzo" to describe something... and it wasn't even STAR WARS related. :(

Jargo
04-08-2002, 03:03 PM
KERMIT: "And now, The Great Gonzo will be fired from this cannon through a flaming hoop and into a pit of slime."

FOZZY: "Funnnneeeee!!!"

WALDORF: "Get on with it and stop yacking!"

GONZO: "Ugh, I have a bad feeling about this......."

KA-BOOOOOOM!!!!!!......

......... fzzzzzzt .......

....... SPLAT!

JEDIpartner
04-08-2002, 03:48 PM
that was a nice REALLY recent thing I read! Definitely takes me back to my childhood days! :)

Jedi Clint
04-08-2002, 04:35 PM
The lines featuring "wacky" and "gonzo" may have been removed:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=15316

2-1B
04-08-2002, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Clint
The lines featuring "wacky" and "gonzo" may have been removed:

http://cgi.theforce.net/theforce/tfn.cgi?storyID=15316

Oh, I hope that's true! Is it possible the clip was edited just to show those two lines, while still keeping gonzo and wacky? :(

BanthaPoodoo
04-09-2002, 10:48 AM
This isnt the one that has been posted on another site as text(can't remember which one) It is around 110 pages and a pretty good read. Just hate that whoever posted it scanned it in. Would take a good while to convert to a text file.

oh well....

Jargo
04-09-2002, 02:27 PM
yeah, I'm talkin about a 111 page script too. I cut pasted the text file into Word and it came up as 111 pages. After jigging around to make it look prettier and so that dialogue doesn't spill onto pages it shouldn't it still stays at 111 pages. There are about five pages missing in my copy that are signified by numbers. I've hunted around the net for spoiler reports on the missing scenes and filled in some of the gaps. The only scene I'm missing is the one where Anakin brings Shmi's body back to the Homestead on the swoop bike. For some reason I can't find that report anywhere so if anyone knows where it is please could you pass on the info. If it's here in the forums somewhere call me a dil' and post a link to the thread. That'd be great thanks. Meantime I'll continue hunting to find stuff to fill more gaps. My copy may end up being not the prettiest read but I hope it's at least going to be complete. :)

BanthaPoodoo
04-09-2002, 02:59 PM
Someone was nice enough to convert the pics to text. They are missing pages 83-88 as am I (and it would appear so is Jargo)

Anyway go here for a good read if you havnt read it already:

Ooooohhhh, aaaahhhhh (http://www.prequel-spoilers.com/script.txt)

Co Jo-Da
04-09-2002, 09:05 PM
Those missing pages have to be about the encounter between Anakin and the Tusken Raiders...

Jargo
04-10-2002, 12:57 PM
No, the scenes missing are the scene where Obi is snooping around Geonosis and sees the droid foundries and the massed trade federation ships loading droid armies. The discussion between Dooku and Nute and Poggle where they basically give the whole plot away, the capture of Obi by Droidekas as he transmits his findings to R2. The arrival back at the homestead of Anakin with Shmi and the burial of Shmi. The playing of Obi's message in the homestead that he transmitted to R2 and Anakin and padme deciding to go rescue Obi. The interrogation chamber sequence where Dooku tries to tempt Obi into turning to the dark side by using reverse psychology. Plus a couple of other bits. I'm still piecing together the sequences in order but it's quite a chunk that's missing.
The Tusken sequence is in the copy I have.

Rayzor Fett
04-10-2002, 09:26 PM
go here and read it if you would like

http://scripts.cgispy.com/newsboard.cgi?user=starwars8

gibbyhayes
04-11-2002, 12:02 AM
Thanks for the great spoiler BanthaPoodo, but does anyonyone have a PDF or other version of this that is narrower where I don't have to scroll back and forth to read? I'm not complaining - I'm just new here and you guys seem capable of anything!

jawaboy
04-11-2002, 07:17 AM
Does anyone else get the impression that Padme Amidala has Jedi powers? Not only from what Yoda says, but he seems to know her future importance in the big picture of things.

Rayzor Fett
04-16-2002, 10:16 AM
just highlight what you want to convert to a text file and right click and select the option to copy
open up a text editor or word and right click and then select paste
then you will have a screenplay text file

thats it

gibbyhayes
04-16-2002, 10:52 AM
Thanks Rayzor. The version you posted was easier on the eyes. What a read! Its too bad Annie & Padme couldn't keep their relationship a secret from us too. At least we all know in advance that there will be plenty of bathroom breaks at frequent intervals.
Oh well, all of thse movies have their dull moments (I'm sorry, but I always fast forward through Dagobah). It looks like this time Lucas will make up for some of it - everything aside from the gooey couple sounds great!
Only a month to go - think of it, there are already people in line.

Jargo
04-16-2002, 11:15 AM
Silly people considering that you can book by telephone in advance now. kinda makes the lining up seej like a waste of time to me. Unless they're desperate for attention and secretly hoping to be made into stars by some TV crew. It just seems a little sad and pathetic somehow. Just as sad and pathetic as people who go and watch birds at nature reserves. "Oh look it's a double crested fantail plover and it's sitting there doing nothing just like it was an hour ago..." Dear oh dear oh dear. Waiting out in the rain and the cold and smelling like a vagrant and then expecting to be let into the theater? Heloooooo, get out of my nice clean theater you dirty bum. There's people with credit card telephone bookings ahead of you.

The dialogue sucks big pants but the effects are cool.

gibbyhayes
04-16-2002, 11:24 AM
Nobody had the anticipation to camp out for the original (ANH), and if they did they'd be pushing 50 by now. Just don't go to the biggest, most obvious theater - you'll get in, really.

OriginalBryGuy
05-11-2002, 11:37 AM
Actually, I've had this in PDF form on my site for a long time! Check it out!!

Episode II Early Script (http://www.originalplots.com/episode2.html)

OriginalBryGuy
05-13-2002, 09:52 AM
Ok, the full script can be found in the new 'Art of Star Wars Attack of the Clones' book that is out now.

The Early Leaked script is on my site. (has been for awhile now) in PDF form if you'd like to check it out.

Leaked script in PDF (http://www.originalplots.com/episode2.html)