PDA

View Full Version : 4/23/02........How many?

Fulit
03-28-2002, 04:30 PM
So wait, I've just read that 5 more figures have been added to the list for April 23rd? Sae See Tiin, Genosian Warrior, Nikto, Jar Jar, and Dexter? Is this true? So is this total now 19 basic figures for April 23rd release. These people sure are making it hard to plan financially.

JEDIpartner
03-28-2002, 04:53 PM
This is getting out of hand! :D

Let's get this sorted immediately!

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLP!!! Sir Steve!!!!!

mark2d2
03-28-2002, 05:28 PM
. . . And still no R5-D4. :cry:

starwars92590
03-28-2002, 07:20 PM
more like 15 now.:D

Jargo
03-28-2002, 08:10 PM
"COLLECT THEM ALL!" Are you insane Hasbro? Do you really expect us to believe that all these figures are intended as toys? How many kids do you know who could afford to buy them all and especially when so many are released at the same time. not to mention exclusives and vehicles and beasts and accessory packs and role play and anything else. What are you playing at?

This basically proves that all these items are intended for single male adults with large disposable incomes. Young professionals. Very much like the people who work at Hasbro really. So they make the toys for themselves and if anyone else finds them wel, fair enough. But we aren't supposed to open them and we aren't supposed to play with them. We aren't supposed to put them in the vehicles and we aren't supposed to remove the weapons that are tied to the hands with runbber bands. So the point of these friggin things is.......?

NesteaFett
03-29-2002, 01:38 AM
It's sad, I got paid today but I had to pay nearly half the check back to the bank cuz I went into my reserve line to buy Star Wars figures. The madness! What's that? Five more figures? Time to go back into the ol' reserve line.

SirSteve
04-02-2002, 11:36 AM
There has never been an official "list" of figure due out on April 23rd and that is why I have not posted one. It's difficult to say what Hasbro will release then.

Lord Tenebrous
04-02-2002, 11:47 AM
It would be nice if Hasbro went back to a comprehensible timeline, instead of this figural guessing game. Forget about the instructions on the cards, most people can handle them, just do:

* Figure Bio
* Pictorial of figures in this wave ONLY
* Small catalog pack-in with pictures of previously-released figures WITH ASSORTMENT NUMBERS.

I heard so many people disappointed about not being able to find Eeth Koth in the BoShek wave, because, they said, he's pictured right on the card with them. Ugh, pure insanity.

brentfett
04-02-2002, 11:49 AM
EMPEROR JARGO, I nominate you as the new president of Hasbro!

IcebergSlim
04-02-2002, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
But we aren't supposed to open them and we aren't supposed to play with them. We aren't supposed to put them in the vehicles and we aren't supposed to remove the weapons that are tied to the hands with runbber bands. So the point of these friggin things is.......?

Uggh. Just....uggh.

evenflow
04-02-2002, 02:37 PM
I dont mind if more come out on the 23rd, the more the better. I just have to find a TRU that is opening at midnight. :confused:

JEDIpartner
04-02-2002, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by SirSteve
There has never been an official "list" of figure due out on April 23rd and that is why I have not posted one. It's difficult to say what Hasbro will release then.

This is actually a clarification of sorts. Notice... NO confirmation of only 14 figures... which will probably end up being 20 or so...

icatch9
04-02-2002, 03:09 PM
First of all Sir Steve says there is no official list, so you guys should stop freaking out. All the talk about 20 figures is just hear say. Second of all, Hasbro doesn’t expect you, kids or even single white rich males to buy this stuff on April 23rd. None of the stuff that comes out will be hard to find, especially the figures. Wal-Mart corp. doubled their order and is designating an entire isle to just Star Wars toys. So is Target, Toys R Us, and surely K Mart will too. If you have to buy it all it will be costly, but you will have plenty of time to get this stuff. Summer is long and that means a lot of paychecks. So, you may have to save, but if you plan correctly everything should be within your grasp. One more thing, you have to shop if you expect to find it. Nothing is going to show up in your backyard (unless you get it on the internet). Shopping may mean going to another town and another Wal-Mart. Not just the one down the street. Good luck and have patience.

senator jar jar
04-02-2002, 04:38 PM
icatch9...

How is the 20 or so figures here say???? They have been showing up early and some are being sold on ebay..that looks pretty clear to me that at least 19-20 figures will be out on the 22/23

Jedi_Rainman
04-02-2002, 09:35 PM
I mean come on...14 only? I am kind of doubting that for some reason, but I could be wrong. I mean, we have seen all these carded figures, more than 14 everywhere and they are in hand. I just somehow doubt they are accidental.

JEDIpartner
04-02-2002, 09:41 PM
I realise you are relatively new to the boards... please look over the threads that have been started as this topic has come up a number of times.

Finally... Sir Steve said that there is no official list for the figures to be released on the 23rd.

Wolfwood319
04-02-2002, 09:44 PM
I like the new avatar JEDIpartnr, much cooler than your previous one, IMO.

Hasbro has yet to confirm what figures will be released on April 23rd, but we have had sightings of most figures they have carded in the archives so far on US soil.

CrossWizard
04-02-2002, 09:50 PM
I know, its odd, but remember nobody ever officially said that there will be 14 figures on the 23rd. Im beginning to believe that all the figures that have popped up on ebay in the last few days will be on shelves on the 23rd. In fact, I talked to the owner of my local comic book shop today and he said by this week he might recieve a case that includes the Hangar Duel Anakin and Clone Trooper assortment, plus he already has Dexter, Jar Jar and Nikto on the store for display. So i's all a matter of waiting until the 23rd and setting aside $20-$30 extra just in case.

Dar' Argol
04-02-2002, 10:14 PM
We just received our(I hope) first shipment of the AOTC figs for April 23 last night. I got a chance to look through the cases, since I was putting them in our security room. There were only 2 different cases sent right now. Here's the list:

Anakin - out land disguise
Obi-Wan - Curuscant chase
R2-D2 - Curuscant
Padme' Amidalia - Arena
C-3PO - with plating
Kit Fisto - Force feature
Super Battle Droid
Jango Fett - Kamino(looks like he was in a fight, scraps and cuts on face. Nice touch!)
Shaak Ti
Bobba Fett - (with daddy's jet pack, blasters, and helmet)
Female Tuskin Raider - with child(child can be placed in back pack on the back)
Battle Droid - with blue junk on it
Plo Koon
Captain Typho

This is what we received. I really hope there will be more figs for the release.

Just a side note. To those who have seen the figs. Is it just me or does Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan's lightsabers look really good w/a metal hilt??? I think this would be a great improvement if Hasbro did this to all of the Jedi. I know its for the Force powers, but it looks a lot better then an all plastic saber. And both hilts were different, just like they should be. Just an observation.

If we get anymore figs in I'll let everyone know:D

JEDIpartner
04-03-2002, 09:16 AM
If you are a member of the KEBco "One of every figure club"...

Your invoice will now show that 24 basic figures have been charged to your account and 4 deluxe figures have been charged to your account. This is, apparently, what they are anticipating for an initial spread on the 23rd. This is, most likely, based on what they have been promised in their shipments by Hasbro.

JEDIpartner
04-03-2002, 11:34 AM
I have heard from a couple other members and the KEBco orders are being charged and filled as I previously stated. So... it looks like at least KEBco is confirming 24 basic and 4 deluxe for the 23rd.

Dave_Cameron
04-03-2002, 12:28 PM
That sounds like a pretty encouraging piece of news. It'll be interesting to see what comes down the pike on the 23rd in terms of the final figure releases. 24 sounds like a good number to start with. I'm not sure how I feel about the deluxe figures yet. Some of them look a little funny. And that's not "Haha" Funny- exactly.

JEDIpartner
04-03-2002, 01:01 PM
I think it matches up to this list very nicely...

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=5687

pthfnder89
04-03-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Dave_Cameron
I'm not sure how I feel about the deluxe figures yet. Some of them look a little funny. And that's not "Haha" Funny- exactly.

I'll definitely be picking up the Mace/Battle Droid set, as I think it's very nicely done. I'll probably also be getting the Deluxe Obi-Wan and Darth Tyranus, since they look pretty good and I'll definitely want a Tyranus figure to hold me over until the basic is released.

Also, I don't want the Coruscant Chase Obi-Wan to be the only one I have.

Absolutely WON'T be buying Deluxe Jango. I don't mind the armor but his HUGE jetpack is a big turnoff for me. I don't need him when I have Kamino Escape Jango anyways.

:)

brentfett
04-08-2002, 01:57 PM
So if there are 30 figures coming out on 4/23/02 and that is a final count, how many do you plan on buying? I'll try and limit myself to 11-15, if possible! I was kinda dissapointed the Massiff was not included in the list though. By the way I am referring to the post by 187-Maul regarding the Hasbro catalog featuring 30 figures on initial release.

Beast
04-08-2002, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by brentfett
So if there are 30 figures coming out on 4/23/02 and that is a final count, how many do you plan on buying? I'll try and limit myself to 11-15, if possible! I was kinda dissapointed the Massiff was not included in the list though. By the way I am referring to the post by 187-Maul regarding the Hasbro catalog featuring 30 figures on initial release.
There isn't 30 figures coming out on the 23rd. Thank the gods, I was hoping for just 19, but the most that will be out that day will be 23 to 26. That catalog is only listing the first 30 figures, not the figures coming out on the 23rd. Last I heard was the wave that had the OT figures in it, isn't due until June.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

brentfett
04-08-2002, 02:37 PM
Oh! Well then, how many will you definitely be purchasing out of the ones that will be released?

Wolfwood319
04-09-2002, 01:41 AM
So what exactly are the assortment breakdowns for what is going to be released on 4/23? And if that previous list is correct, it looks as if there will be 27 figures altogether, including the 4 deluxe figures, on 4/23.

Seems that people have found Collection 2 Wave 2 (Dexter wave) in stores, so I'm assuming we're getting up to at least that collection/wave.

But if we're getting 23 standard figures on 4/23, then it would make sense that we get Col. 1 wave 1, Col. 1 wave 2, Col. 2 wave 1, and Col. 2 wave 2. If that were the case, we would see 23 basic figures on 4/23.

Jargo
04-09-2002, 07:11 AM
I just this morning recieved a mailing from toypalace germany which states that there are 24 figures being released. They have them all on their site but there's no pre-order just a reminder service to let them know what you might want to order come the 23rd. nice :) Love it when loopholes are exploited. I don't know why people are freaking about getting them. it's not like the world is going to be on a figure drought with a new movie being released. Hasbro are going to make sure that everyone who wants one gets one right?........ right? So there'll be no short packing on figures right? No accidental variants that will mean variant collectors grabbing twice the amount normal collectors grab and thus depriving some folk of even one of those figures, right? And these things are going to pay our pensions for us because they're worth so much, right?.......

:rolleyes: Humans, I don't think I'll ever understand them.....

Quite-Gone Jim
04-09-2002, 08:56 AM
Here is the quote from StarWars.com's feature about the Hasbro starwars figures

"In 2002, Hasbro is releasing 52 basic figures split evenly over two categories known as "Collection 1" and "Collection 2". 26 of these figures will be available by the release of Episode II in theaters, refreshed with waves of new figures - including a few classic Star Wars characters - throughout the year. "

Seven figures have been released (Bo Shek, R4-M9, Teebo, and the 4 preview figs) so far, so 19 more will be released between the 23rd and May 16. I imagine, given Hasbro's relatively poor distribution, that all 19 will be available on the 23rd and they'll be the first 19 numbered figures.

CrossWizard
04-09-2002, 09:07 AM
The Teebo Wave and the Preview figures do not count, they are not part of the blue carded Saga collection. The 52 figures start counting with the AOTC releases on April 23rd.

INDIANA
04-09-2002, 11:33 AM
14 originals

5 - Dexter wave

3 - Taun We wave (C2 wave 3)

2 - C1 wave 2 (clonetrooper red & Zam II)

24 Total

Anakin/Yoda/Dooku mid May(?)

Wolfwood319
04-10-2002, 04:41 AM
I believe Collection 1 Wave 2 consists of

Anakin Skywalker (Hanger Duel)
Clonetrooper (red)
Yoda (Jedi Master)
Zam Wessel

I had heard that sites were expecting 23 regular figures on 4/23. If that were the case, the first 2 waves of both Collection 1 and 2 add up to 23. I don't think we'll get the Taun We wave on 4/23. So as it stands I think that we'll get the original 14, Dexter/Jar Jar wave, and Collection 1 Wave 2. It doesn't make sense to release the first 3 waves of Collection 2 but only Wave 1 of Collection 1 on the first day.

Either way, I'm sure there will be plenty of figures for everyone, no matter what comes out.

INDIANA
04-10-2002, 07:50 AM
C1 wave 2 : Clonetrooper red & Zam Wessel II

C1 wave 3 : Yoda/Anakin/Dooku

C2 wave 3 : Taun We/Luminaria/Royal Guard

As I have said elsewhere, I have purchased, and should be recieving today, the Taun We wave. I would assume I'm not the only one in the states to do so. I would also assume they will be around on the 23rd.

CrossWizard
04-10-2002, 08:06 AM
I just saw both Zam and the Red trooper on Ebay, and on the back of the cards they appear with the Jango Kamino figure. So maybe the rumors are true and they will be available on the 23rd packed along with Collection 1 extras(Jango, Obi Wan etc...)

NesteaFett
04-10-2002, 09:09 AM
I had gone to Wal-Mart and found the Nikto wav so I know they are out. I saw a lot of new collection 1 boxes. I didn't check but one and it had the original collection 1. Wouldn't it be my luck that there was a box over there with collection 1 wav 2. Darnit!

mrhat
04-10-2002, 11:07 AM
Okay FULL LIST-
1. Jango Fett (Kamino)
2. R2-D2
3. Padme' Amidala(Arena)
4. C-3PO
5. Super Battle Droid
6. Kit Fisto
7. Obi-Wan Kenobi (with droid)
8. Anikin Skywalker (Peasant)
9. Tuskin Raider (with Child)
10. Plo Koon
11. Shaak Ti
12. Boba Fett (Kamino)
13. Captian Typho
14. Battle Droid (Arena)
15. Geonosian Warrior
16. Dexter Jettster
17. Sae Sae Tiin
18. Nikto
19. Jar Jar (Senator)
20. Clone Trooper
21. Yoda
22. Zam Wessel
23. Anakin Skywalker (Hanger Duel)
24. Luminara Unduli
25. Royal Guard
26. Taun We

Deluxe
27. Jango Fett
28. Mace Windu
29. Darth Tyranus
30. Obi-Wan Kenobi

Grand Total-30

3 Vehicles as well, 2 lightsabers, Reek, Games etc...

We all need some Money for this blessed event!

INDIANA
04-10-2002, 12:39 PM
I really doubt the Yoda/Anakin/Dooku will be out by the 23rd.

Does anyone have them or seen them on e-bay?

I think early May fir the holy trio.

CrossWizard
04-10-2002, 12:45 PM
I saw the Anakin and Yoda on Ebay, in hand from an american eller, but they can very well be from HK or imported.

CrossWizard
04-10-2002, 12:52 PM
Here are the links by the way:

Anakin (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1721348357)

Yoda (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1721345906)