PDA

View Full Version : Anymore Wal-Mart sightings?

therock0603
04-08-2002, 03:48 PM
Well...ever since the whole thing with Wal-Mart taking their AOTC figures off the shelves, I haven't seen much more around here about AOTC figure sightings at Wal-Mart. Has anyone seen any still on the shelves?

JediDan
04-08-2002, 04:28 PM
Just Lego, otherwise nothing, nada, zip ,zero. Which I am glad, now we all will have a fair chance of getting what we want come 4/23.

misthunter210
04-08-2002, 05:03 PM
This morning I was at wal mart and they had the basic, slave 1, lightsabers, and deluxe figures on the pallet. 5 deluxe figures were missing so i think that one of the managers got them. I tried to get the Darth Tyranus, Obi-Wan, and Jango Fett deluxe but the register wouldnt ring them up. Jango is pretty sweet though.

CrossWizard
04-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Hey misthunter, did you notice if the Deluxe Tyranus and Obi Wan lightsabers were either glued or sculpted along with the hand? Ive heard rumors indicating that the lightsabers are permanently attached to the figures.

GeneralKenobi
04-08-2002, 07:27 PM
Dry as a bone here in Georgia.

misthunter210
04-08-2002, 08:57 PM
i didnt really notice. I had to get to school.

Jedi Drew
04-08-2002, 09:34 PM
Wal-Mart has a "LOCK DOWN" on all Star Wars merchandise, if you don't already know. I may try Target, TRU, or K-Mart to see if they have anything before the 23rd. I bet K-Mart won't have anything before the 23rd in the situation they are in. I'll avoid Wal-Mart for MAYBE a week then go back on a hunt. It's calm before the storm. :eek: :eek: Happy Hunting-If you can find anything before the 23rd.

therock0603
04-08-2002, 09:43 PM
Actually there's not a lock-down. There's a "lock-down." It doesn't work. I got 3 figures from a Wal-Mart near my house a day before they took them off the shelves and they rang up as "Sale Not Allowed." All the woman had to do was try some numbers and it eventually accepted the sale and I got them. I have the 6 Collection 2 figures. So I'm lookin for Collection 1 figures now. I want to find them. I can't wait 2 more weeks. But if I have to, I'm gonna get up 30 minutes earlier on the 23rd and go get my figures and bring them home and then go to school. That is gonna be so awesome when I finally get them. I've got $25 put away right now, and I'm gonna continue to save until the 23rd so I can get the rest of the release figures. Luckily I'll be gettin $20 the weekend before the 23rd for report card so WOOOHOOO. I should have about $60-70 by the 23rd and I will by all the figures I can.

therock0603
04-08-2002, 09:45 PM
excuse me Jedi Drew.... you already put the "lock down" in quotations.... although I don't know if you realized that it doesn't work

NesteaFett
04-08-2002, 10:09 PM
I successfully got away with all the deluxe figures:

Tyranus
Jango
Obi-Wan
Mace

Yes their hands were glued to there lightsabers. I also scored a Slave 1 and all of the new collection 2 figures:

Jar Jar Senator
Dexter Jettster
Nikto Jedi
Saesee Tiin

They are all sweet! All I had to do was find a nice older lady, sweeten up to her and she looked up the prices and overode it by punching in the amount. Basically, be very picky with who you check out with and tell them you couldn't get the price. Once they look it up there's more of a chance that they'll punch it in. For basic collection just carry one or more POTJ and have them ring them up first, then tell them that they are all the same price. Hope this helps some. Anybody find Anakin and/or Zam's speeder or a Dooku lightsaber that they are willing to sell?

JEDIpartner
04-11-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by NesteaFett
I successfully got away with all the deluxe figures:

Tyranus
Jango
Obi-Wan
Mace

Yes their hands were glued to there lightsabers.

The hands are actually moulded along with the lightsabres. It's all one piece so they cannot be removed. :sad:

CrossWizard
04-11-2002, 11:45 AM
Crap!! :frus: but I take it their hands must have some sort of articulation at the wrist right? if thats the case I might just pop it out and replace it with one of Jedi Duel Obi Wan's hands then put the original back when I wanna flip them over.

NesteaFett
04-11-2002, 05:27 PM
Obi-Wan has a wrist that bends, but not to well. Tyrannus, well, he's old I guess and the arthritus has been killing him so his wrist doesn't move. These guys are strictly flippers, not hours of fun posing and playing with. I still think they're kinda cool.

hango fett
04-12-2002, 02:00 PM
i know i keep saying this, but i can't find a 3 inch figure in a 30 mile radius. oh, well...patience my son...

El Chuxter
04-12-2002, 02:13 PM
I got to see Tusken Lady and Captain Panaka-Replacer at a local Wal-Mart earlier this week. Unfortunately, I couldn't get them--not allowed. :(

And K-Mart, despite the fact that they of all people should be watching more closely, is putting stuff on the shelves. I'm getting a Deluxe Obi-Wan and Deluxe Jango tomorrow from a friend who found them earlier this week. :cool:

DeadEye
04-12-2002, 04:43 PM
Now will the K-marts allow you to purchase the stuff?

Dar' Argol
04-12-2002, 10:28 PM
Ok, I know you guys have read a lot of my posts. I just don't understand something. And I am not belittling anyone who has the figs already. I have been handling these figs and other assorted AOTC stuff for the past month(i think). Why is it that no one can wait till the 23rd? Why must you have it now? This is what I do not understand.

I was in a "Collectors" store earlier today and they had a lot of AOTC figs out. I saw a 15yr old(approx) and his buddy drooling over some of the figs. Now each of these figs had a $14 tag on them. This kids buddy looks at him and asked how many he can afford. I started to laugh, quite loudly as I think about it now. The kids turned around to find out what I was laughing about. I looked at the kids and said, "You know, in 11 days you will be able to find those figs everywhere for more then 1/2 the price your going to pay here. Then your really going to kick yourself in the arse if you buy them now!" The kids just had this dumb look on their faces. I laughed and walked out.

Its like the Tickle Me Elmo all over again. Around here some guy paid $500 for one for his kid. Now granted, the $ went to charity. But I bet he was kicking himself when he saw them 4 weeks later everywhere, just sitting on shelves:evil:.

So I guess what I am asking is please, someone give me a good reason why you MUST have these figures right now? And I want some valid points.

Sith Lord 0498
04-12-2002, 11:46 PM
I think there's a couple reasons. At least, there were for me. First, it's the fact that I'm able to beat the street date by a week and a half. It's actually quite thrilling because you're not sure if you'll get past the register with them. It's like the rush people say they get from shoplifting, but this is merchandise you're actually buying. Second, I've been waiting months for these toys, and the hype and anticipating is already past boiling point. Grabbing a few early kinda relieves that pressure.

However, I'm not about to spend significantly more $ just to get them early. At K-Mart, I only paid about $3 more for each lightsaber and the Jedi Starfighter and $1 more for the deluxe Darth Tyranus than I would pay at Wal-Mart if I waited. An extra $10 to get 4 items early is not a big sacrifice. That's why I passed on Slave I. K-Mart wanted $29.99. I'll wait and save $5 on that one. I would've passed on the $3 difference for the sabers too, but they're what I really wanted. The Jedi Starfighter was just one of those "ah...why not??..." grabs.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-13-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
So I guess what I am asking is please, someone give me a good reason why you MUST have these figures right now? And I want some valid points.

Personally, I don't have to have them before the street date. Heck, who needs the figures anyways? It's just to say that you found them before anyone else. It's kind of neat to be able to say that.

<<50 years from now at the Old SW Collectors Home>>

Mandalorian Candidate: Hey Caesar, remember that time you found the AOTC Jango Fett a week before it came out?

Caesar: *rocking in chair* Do I?! What a kick in the pants!

Rollo Tomassi: I remember when I got my Shaak Ti at 11:59 PM on 4/22. Boy I really showed Wal-Mart who's boss by getting it early!

SithDroid: Yeah, we really shook the pillars of Hasbro, didn't we?

*followed by loud hacking coughs and squeaking walkers*

Uh, you know after that vision of the future maybe we should just give up collecting and give our money to the poor.

Actually I think a more realistic reason why people want to get them early is that you have less figures to hunt for on opening day. That way you could take your time getting what you want without having to feel pressure or get roughed up in the process. I'd love to have all the figures before 4/23 just so I could show up and see everybody wrestling for them.

Now don't get me wrong. I wouldn't go in the back room, root around for them, and bring them out or even hassle employees about getting them for me. However, if some dopey stockroom guy who can't read the writing on the box or who threw away the memo stocks some shelves with some early goodies, I'm going to be sure to grab a set.

Jedi_Rainman
04-13-2002, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Ok, I know you guys have read a lot of my posts. I just don't understand something. And I am not belittling anyone who has the figs already. I have been handling these figs and other assorted AOTC stuff for the past month(i think). Why is it that no one can wait till the 23rd? Why must you have it now? This is what I do not understand.

I was in a "Collectors" store earlier today and they had a lot of AOTC figs out. I saw a 15yr old(approx) and his buddy drooling over some of the figs. Now each of these figs had a $14 tag on them. This kids buddy looks at him and asked how many he can afford. I started to laugh, quite loudly as I think about it now. The kids turned around to find out what I was laughing about. I looked at the kids and said, "You know, in 11 days you will be able to find those figs everywhere for more then 1/2 the price your going to pay here. Then your really going to kick yourself in the arse if you buy them now!" The kids just had this dumb look on their faces. I laughed and walked out.

Its like the Tickle Me Elmo all over again. Around here some guy paid $500 for one for his kid. Now granted, the $ went to charity. But I bet he was kicking himself when he saw them 4 weeks later everywhere, just sitting on shelves:evil:.

I have to agree. I want them now too and I got some of them, but mine were on ly $5.88 each, so no loss here, but I get your point.

Jedi_Rainman
04-13-2002, 02:33 AM
I sited ALOT yesterday. Too many, way to many. Look and see...

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6156

Mandalorian Candidat
04-14-2002, 01:25 AM
Oh man, did I ever hit it big today! My WM put out at least one case of C1 and deluxe figures. Looking at Dar Argol's case assortments it appears that someone grabbed the Jangos and Super BDs and left both Anakin's because I found two on the shelf. I also got a Kit Fisto, R2, C3PO, Padme, and OB1 as well as all four deluxe figures.

They gave me a really hard time about buying them, but I sweetalked them into letting me have them. They even only charged me $5.88 for the deluxe ones!

You know, now that I have them it's not that big of a deal. I was just cool to find them and get them when you weren't supposed to. Kind of like breaking curfew when being a teenager and getting away with it.

So the moral of the story kids is to be patient and always play be the rules. As GI Joe says, "Knowing is half the battle." :)

Jedi_Rainman
04-14-2002, 01:37 AM
I just errr...go..um..grab...lets see..them...from the...*pssss* back...lol

sith_killer_99
04-14-2002, 09:25 AM
Well, I just grabed the Snowspeeder and TIE Bomber.

I did see the EP2 cases sitting on pallets near the toy aisle. I didn't try to buy any of them though.

I can wait 'til the street date. Besides, I am just enjoying bein' caught up for a week or two. It seldom happens, so I am thankful for the breather.

Hellboy
04-14-2002, 01:13 PM
You could get in big trouble for this and I have never done it myself but the stickers on the back of the POTJ fig.s can be peeled off and applied on the bottom of the new Saga line and they will ring up at the register. Probably cost ya a buck more but that's not to bad if you find a case at a store that doesn't have them in the stores system yet.

Jedi_Rainman
04-14-2002, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Hellboy
You could get in big trouble for this and I have never done it myself but the stickers on the back of the POTJ fig.s can be peeled off and applied on the bottom of the new Saga line and they will ring up at the register. Probably cost ya a buck more but that's not to bad if you find a case at a store that doesn't have them in the stores system yet.

All of the POTJ figures and even the preview figures are only $5.88 now at the Wal-Mart I work at.

Jedi_Rainman
04-15-2002, 12:02 AM
Yeah, I have sited everything now. It is all locked up in a caged in area that only management has access too. We have got all of our shipments in now. Its just a 8 day wait for it to hit the floor.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2002, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by Hellboy

Heck, if you're going to do that might as well transfer them to the deluxe figures. They're supposed to be $10 at W-M.

Of course I do not condone any kind of thievery or mischevious antics at the expense of W-M stockholders. Remember kids say no to drugs and stay in school. ;)

LTBasker
04-15-2002, 11:45 AM
Or if you see some POTJ figures with green price tags on them you could transfer them over to the AOTC figures and even if they ring up as no sale, since they have a price sticker on them they'd have to let you buy them. That policy might've been changed though, and they might have a way of checking it out to clarify that the figure actually was price-stickered by a stock person or not.