PDA

View Full Version : Why April 23rd?

Locin
04-08-2002, 06:06 PM
Go figure that my first post in this forum might be a little wacky. I can't help it it just popped into my head.

Why is April 23rd the release date for the toys? Why not today or April 24th or even May 16th? Seems like most of the stores have their shipments why not just break them out for the fans and kids (well some stores did).

Why a Tuesday? Doesn't Hasbro know that some people do have jobs or go to school. And of course it is the DVD/music release day. Great, I can't get the new CDs that come out that day of Q-Tip, Pet Shop Boys, Elvis Costello, Paul Westerburg, DJ Shadow and of course the AOTC: Soundtrack. Why not the weekend before or the next weekend? Let the kids have some fun for god sake, they are toys.

Or is it the power of the numeral "23". If you notice, the official date is the "23rd" and it will be "23" days left for the release date of May 16th. To be honest I learned the "23" urban legend back in high school and still don't understand or remember why it has weird connotations. But over the years "23" is just about everwhere. It's not just MJ's number, it's more.

Jargo
04-08-2002, 06:33 PM
it would have been totally impractical but releasing a figure a day for those 23 days would have been really cool. I guess it'll be 23 figures released on the 23rd judging by some of the lists I've seen knocking around. Hmmmm. If it'd been the 25th it would have tied in nicely with the 25th anniversary of STAR WARS thing.
The 23 days to go theory sounds like a clear winner to me though.

Wolfwood319
04-08-2002, 07:38 PM
If you look at the world of DVDs, CDs, etc. all new stuff usually comes out on a Tuesday. Don't ask me why, they always do. I think that, along with wanting the figures out a few weeks before the movies, and they hit Tuesday the 23rd.

Of course it could be a government conspiracy, you never know...:rolleyes:

RooJay
04-08-2002, 08:28 PM
More to the point: If April 23rd is the release date for AOTC figures then why do I keep hearing that some people already have them? You guys are cheating!:confused: :frus:

GeneralKenobi
04-08-2002, 09:45 PM
Roojay, just because we happened to find merchandise before the 23rd because some stores shelved it doesn't make us cheaters as you put it. Don't be bitter from someone else's fortune...

GeneralKenobi
04-08-2002, 09:47 PM
Geez I sounded like a fortune cookie just now...sorry about that.

RooJay
04-08-2002, 09:49 PM
Dude...relax. I was kidding about that "cheaters" thing. I'd be happy if I found them now, and wouldn't hesitate to buy 'em. What I was really wondering about is how this is happening.:rolleyes:

Dryanta
04-08-2002, 09:51 PM
Don't be bitter,
reconsider.Lol.I will now give you all the answer to the why the 23rd question;

Because.:D :D sorry I had to do it.I think you're right about the 23 days left idea.To much of a coincidence if you ask me.Again sorry.
roojay It's because alot of them were put out early in some stores and others have come from oversees folks who started breaking street date 2 1/2 monthes ago

BoShek
04-08-2002, 11:23 PM
What time on the 23rd?

RooJay
04-09-2002, 02:34 AM
Almost seems like I'm the only person who doesn't have any of the regular release AOTC figures yet.:cry:
By the way BoShek, that'd be midnight on the 23rd (for those of us not privleged to already have 'em.).