PDA

View Full Version : Any Royal Naboo Starships left at your TRU?

Lost Spaceboy
04-09-2002, 04:15 AM
Has any one seen any of these Royal Naboo Starships still sitting around at your local Toys-R-Us? They were sitting here at mine for about 2 years, they had about 20 of them.I was determined not to charge it on my credit card so I kept a close eye on them and they always had tons at $49.99.So one day about 5 months ago, I actually had $53.00 cash in my wallet and I was all ready to go pick one up.To my utter dismay, they had moved the whole aisle and put them all on clearance that week for an even lower price, and of course they were all gone,not even stardust on the shelf.Just curious if anyone has seen any of hese still docking on the shelves of their local TRU.....

The True Maul
04-09-2002, 12:49 PM
No, my TRU ran out those the first time they where released surprising because of the $100.00 price. After this I never saw them again.:cry:

evenflow
04-09-2002, 03:07 PM
Up til about 2 months ago I used to see them all the time. I still see the smae one though over and over again, it is missing the R2 unit.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-09-2002, 04:42 PM
I haven't seen one since the clearance sale last year. In fact my TRU hasn't had jack squat, including the 12" Dewback/SandT. They do have those really ultra-rare large scale Applause figurines and an odd 12" Jar Jar.

TRU always seems to have really odd stuff now and again. A few weeks ago my local one had a case of EP1 accessory packs. I've also found a GC Tusken Raider, GC ST Luke, and GC R2 literally years after they were originally released. I guess someone found them hidden around the store and every once in a while stuck them out.

2-1B
04-09-2002, 06:21 PM
It's been awhile since I've seen one, the lowest price they hit around here was $30. It's been at least a year, if not longer. :)

Even the Dewbacks are finally gone. :crazed:

JEDIpartner
04-10-2002, 01:08 PM
are still sitting on some shelves here. I don't know how much longer they will remain as I doubt that the AOTC merchandise will only be placed in the "boutique" section of the TRUs. I haven't seen the Starship for a while either... oh, except for the one in my "kid's room" ;)

brentfett
04-16-2002, 01:44 PM
As of a few weeks ago, there were still a few in a local Toys R Us nearby.

Bel-Cam Jos
04-16-2002, 07:58 PM
They're no longer on "the floor," but there is a stack of about 20-30 on the upper shelves of the back wall of my TRU. They remain at the stupid price of $49.99. I found mine for less than $36 after tax, but it turned out it was missing a part. (D'oh!) I tried to get it from Hasbro, but they were out of it, and they wanted me to send the whole ship back for a "similar" item, or refund (which would not be enough for another one). To paraphrase Bart Simpson: "I'll keep my crappy Queen's Ship, thank you!"

Turbowars
04-21-2002, 11:51 AM
They have been long gone here in Burbank CA

RooJay
04-22-2002, 06:15 PM
Originally posted by Lost Spaceboy
Has any one seen any of these Royal Naboo Starships still sitting around at your local Toys-R-Us? They were sitting here at mine for about 2 years, they had about 20 of them.I was determined not to charge it on my credit card so I kept a close eye on them and they always had tons at $49.99.So one day about 5 months ago, I actually had $53.00 cash in my wallet and I was all ready to go pick one up.To my utter dismay, they had moved the whole aisle and put them all on clearance that week for an even lower price, and of course they were all gone,not even stardust on the shelf.Just curious if anyone has seen any of hese still docking on the shelves of their local TRU.....

Hey Spaceboy, I'm pretty sure I recently saw a few at one of my nearby TRU's. Are you looking to have someone pick one up for you? I'd be willing to double check for ya if you'd like!

Lost Spaceboy
04-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Yea if someone was willing to pick one up for me at the price of $49.99 plus shipping to me that would be cool.If you're heading to TRU anytime soon let me know if they have any any we can work something out where I can send you a money order or check and you ship the ship to me. Or if there's anything that you're having a hard time finding, I can look around here for it and we can work out a trade.Let me know!

RooJay
04-22-2002, 08:04 PM
Deal! I'll see what I can do...

Darth Sidious
04-28-2002, 06:08 PM
Yes, they still have one on a very obscure top shelf for $49.95. But I never have that much $, so hopefully it will be around by my birthday...

greggk
05-12-2002, 04:59 AM
I found my Naboo Startship at a TRU for 24.90. I couldn't pass it up.

jedi_uk73
05-12-2002, 09:01 AM
TRU's over here in the UK had them originally for around 120. I did see a few a couple of months later but still at that high price.

A few other online stores had them for 35-50 but TRU don't seem to drop prices much over here.

underdog25
05-12-2002, 11:09 PM
There are still TRU's all over the mid atlantic region that have them. The trouble is that they are packed up in the back. You really have to research it to find one if you are trying to get it. There is also test stores that TRU has that actually have things that are on clearance at a lower price! The ship is $49.98 regular clearance but at the special stores is $24.90! Good luck in your efforts.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
05-13-2002, 10:34 PM
The Starships have been gone from my area TRUs for a good half a year. Sure, when I didn't have the $$$ to burn, the ships were always gathering dust on the shelves, but the minute I scrounge enough kablinky, they disappear ):

gibbspaulus
05-14-2002, 08:24 AM
Yeah, a UK cable TV shopping channel had some one auction just before Xmas 2000. We got one for 38 ($60-ish). I've seen one in one of thoase 'scalper' stores for about the same since but that's it.

Demiurgo
05-20-2002, 05:44 AM
It's funny seeing our american friends complaining about the royal starship costing 49.99.

I bought mine on Saturday for a meager 90 euros +-80/85 USD...now that's expensive.

For instance, I live in Portugal and the minimum wage in our country is 350 euros.

That's a very expensive toy for most of the people. No wonder my local TRU still has one hanging around.

Other examples:

The Saga speeders cost "only" 37 euros (+-33 USD);
The Slave 1 retails for 45 euros;

If you're complaining about the prices in the States imagine what the european collectors should be doing? Crying all over? Or maybe a strike :).

Pedro Telles

RooJay
05-20-2002, 03:11 PM
The minimum wage in your country is 350 euros an hour? A day? A week? Just trying to get a better understanding.

Demiurgo
05-20-2002, 03:48 PM
350 euros a Week? That would be nice...I was referring to 350 euros a MONTH (22 days, 8 hours/day).

Pedro Telles

OriginalBryGuy
05-22-2002, 03:40 PM
I picked up the Naboo fighter and wanted to get more when they went on clearance but didn't. Those ships seem to come in and stay, then they dissapear when you really want one. The year they brought the X-Wings out (not Luke's but the regular ones) they went on clearance and I bought two of them. Always wanted the Queens ship tho!

Adam
05-31-2002, 02:23 AM
My god. If someone finds a Queens ship and is willing to buy it I will GLADLY pay it plus shipping. Heck I'll even throw in a carded figure with it.

browndroid
05-31-2002, 02:28 AM
i couldnt find it so i payed $15 for one on ebay:D

Adam
05-31-2002, 02:31 AM
lol. I dont browse ebay enough obviously..

Jedi Juice
05-31-2002, 11:55 AM
I found some star fighters and older POTF figs at a TRU recently

Jonna
05-31-2002, 12:12 PM
I haven't seen any of these in a long time.

Jayspawn
05-31-2002, 01:51 PM
My TRUs have been out of them for months. Their time has definatly passed. I wish I had picked one up.

billfremore
05-31-2002, 01:55 PM
My girlfriend bought me the Queen's ship a few years ago for Valentine's day...

...and she paid full price which amounted to $150 at WM.

Man was she miffed when the price got knocked down to $50.

My advice to all those who want one... make sure you have room for it, this thing is freakin' huge :)