PDA

View Full Version : Kenner revisited

gibbspaulus
04-09-2002, 06:13 AM
Is it just me? Am the only person who is horrified at the old Kenner-style, grafted-into-the-arm lightsabre being resurrected? It was tacky back then. Why go to all the effort of going for realism and action poses and then stepping back 24 years to moulded sabre hilts in the hand?

I don't like it - not when they've gone to all the ffort of upgrading the sabres with magnetic grps ...etc.

Oi, Hasbro - NOOOOOOOOOOO!

187-Maul
04-09-2002, 07:03 AM
sorry to disappoint you but there have been waaaaaaaay too many threads like this in the past and I guess Ani is the only one to have this feature - I personally don't really care about it and I'm just not going to buy that one

JEDIpartner
04-09-2002, 09:50 AM
Thankfully, Kenner stopped this practice after the ANH figures. It was clever at the moment, but proved to be neither accurate (as accurate could be for the time) nor practical. It does look pretty hideous, but all in all... thank God this was just ONE figure and not the whole line. Another black sheep in the Hasbro flock, if you will.

gibbspaulus
04-09-2002, 01:34 PM
Poor Ani - ever the outcast. I didn't realise this was done to the death already. Sorry to have missed the party (and a good old anti-hasbro *****ing session).

I guess that Ani is the worst of the first three I found. His hand doesn't reach his 'trunk' thing, the mechanism is a bit naff, and the trunk is really shoody in quality. Added to his stance, the cape, and the fact that with the cape on he is sabring the floor!!!!

Now, I much prefer Obi-wan - very action hero!

evenflow
04-09-2002, 01:59 PM
I dont like the idea. I just doesnt look right. Hopefully they do not continue in the future with this idea.

corporal AMF
04-10-2002, 03:08 PM
No more 70's flashbacks¡¡¡!!!:confused: :frus: :mad: :mad: :dead:
It's silly and it does look ridiculous in 2002..!

I'd say to Hasbro..Don't even think on continue with this !!

THIS IS MADNESS!