PDA

View Full Version : Picked up Deluxe, Slave 1, Dexter set, and lightsaber

INDIANA
04-09-2002, 07:46 AM
at K-mart this morning in Chicago suburbs. No problems ringing up at registers. Dooku has these magnets on the bottom of his feet I didn't notice before. I don't think he'll stand if not on the deluxe base. The Geonosian Warrior is a pain to stand as well. Dexter cool but no pipe. Nilko Jedi another one pose wonder. Mace looks cool.

Good Luck everyone!!!

dexter_finster
04-09-2002, 08:00 AM
what lightsaber did you get?

CrossWizard
04-09-2002, 08:16 AM
Can you tell me if the Deluxe Dooku's lightsaber can taken out of his hand? and does the Deluxe Mace have poseable arms(like a ball joint of some sort) or is he stuck in that crucified stance forever?

Thanks

Jargo
04-09-2002, 08:41 AM
I noticed the missing pipe in the pics of dex that showed up recently. maybe they canned it for setting a bad example to kids.
it's a shame they didn't include the pipe. I was looking forward to that. How well does he stand? From the pics he looks as if he might topple backwards.

Are the geonosians wings rubber or plastic? Does he have that bad neck joint like the pics showed?

And you're a jammy sod for finding those :D

LTBasker
04-09-2002, 09:26 AM
Not calling you a liar or anything but would you happen to have pics of them? I'm hoping the Geonosian Warrior wave isn't out on the 23rd soo...

NesteaFett
04-09-2002, 10:06 AM
I found it to last night. It's true about the Geonosian wav, which means they will be out the 23rd. And yes the hands are glued around the lightsaber and no Mace is stuck in the crucified position. I still like both these figures. I think the nikto is really cool even with the one stance wonder. If anyone finds a Dooku Lightsaber and will sell tell me.

JEDIpartner
04-09-2002, 10:26 AM
This deal is getting worse all time. :(

and the SLAVE I... you ARE talking about the Hasbro one and not the LEGO one... correct?

INDIANA
04-09-2002, 10:57 AM
Just got into work when I wrote the first thread. It was a bit rushed, sorry.

I need to clarify. I saw the box for the lightsabers but did not buy one. I have about $250 in Wal-Mart gift cards so I'm waiting until the 23rd for most things. The box said Electronic so I assume the Dooku/Anakin sabers. The same is true for the HASBRO Slave 1. I looked took it out of the case, looks cool, but waiting until the 23rd.

The two deluxe are sitting in my car and haven't been opened yet. Apart from the magnets on Dooku's feet and the fact that Mace's saber apears to be metal, I don't have a lot of details. They were $10.99. I did not get the Obi Wan or Jango Fett (waiting again).

The Dexter wave: Dex is big and solid. His feet are huge and he stands great. The arms move but just up and down so it isn't a huge range of motion. The Geonosian warrior's wings I think are a VERY thin plastic. I don't think they are rubber. The wings are also on ball joints so they can be put in different positions. He stands on 3 toes, no holes in his feet for stands. The head moves at the neck like the rest and I really didn't see any problem with it. It looks good, just wish it stood better.

Nikto is a one pose wonder. The lightsaber comes out of his hands but he really isn't posible. The hood APPEARS to be seperate from the head but it is molded REALLY tight (for you customizers), I think it could be removed.

The force shield on Sae See looks too much like a shield. His hand paint jobs aren't the best.

Jar Jar looks good, just a goofy pose. I don't know what he's suppose to be doing.

One more note. I have purchased and should be recieving today the Taun-We/Luminaria/Royal Guard wave. DON'T EVEN ASK WHERE THEY ARE FROM !!! I have every reason to believe they will be in stores 4.23 as well.

No offense to LT, I don't have a computer at home, just work. I am pretty computer illiterate and wouldn't know how to put a picture on here if my life depended on it. You can either believe me or not, I really don't care, time will eventually prove me right.

I'll write my impressions of the Taun We wave when I get them (should be today..I hope). If I'm getting them SOMEONE else has to have them too.

hango fett
04-09-2002, 11:21 AM
why is everyone finding these now? are the stores just running low on things to sell or are they just really nice? my wally world has about 7 figures all together. but i think they MIGHT be ready for them to be put out any day...they haven't put any newbies out in about 3 weeks (since we got the BoShek wave...) should i just be patient or try finding them on ebay?

thanx in advance
hango
and/or ki-adi mundi's bro

linsjedi
04-09-2002, 12:38 PM
i got the slave 1 and dooku's lightsaber and then i got this set of figures.

8485101D Collection 1 Basic Figure Assortment

Anakin Skywalker (Outland Peasant Disguise)
Super Battle Droid
Obi Wan Kenobi (Coruscant Chase)
Padmé Amidala (Arena Escape)
C-3PO (Protocol Droid)
Kit Fisto
Clone Trooper (Red)
R2-D2 (Coruscant Sentry)
Zam Wesell (Bounty Hunter)

the clerk ran the figures for 6.00 even and the slave one cost me 15.99 i don't know if that was right but its what she did and i did not contest it. the lightsaber cost me 17.99. im not sure of that retail either. but i wanted all that stuff and i got all that stuff well before april 23.

may the force be with your wallets

IcebergSlim
04-09-2002, 03:10 PM
I just picked up the following at a Sears in Canada...

Anakin
Obi-wan
Super Battle Droid
C-3PO
Boba Fett
Jango Fett
Plo Koon
Shaak Ti

Typho and the Tusken Women were also reported there. No vehicles, but they had the lightsabers.

Jargo
04-09-2002, 03:43 PM
Oh the lure of the cash register beep must be mighty strong for so many stores managers to sanction going against the Hasbro no sale 'til bedtime ruling. Over here in the UK we had a few spillings of the odd box but over all there is no mad splurging of toys. The British are so dumb, tell them not to do something and they stand like rabbits caught in a car headlamps, just stupidly blinking and frozen in the fear of what might happen should they not comply. I'm not typically British, I'd have spilled every last figure by now just to make a fast profit. People want the stuff - let 'em have it. I wouldn't care as long as the cash register beeped regularly and the bank manager smiled when I saw him and handed over the takings. :D

Jedi Drew
04-09-2002, 06:16 PM
Sears sells Star Wars figures in Canada??:confused: :confused: I haven't seen any Sears in the U.S. selling figures for years and years. HH

Sliver FBI
04-09-2002, 06:23 PM
Does your Geonosian Warrior have "Gummy" legs? I read a review about him having those damned soft plastic legs.

senator jar jar
04-09-2002, 06:29 PM
Lt. Basker...

What do you mean "you hope these are not out"??What do you hope is out??What the he** is wrong with you can you just not afford it??Because if thats the case Ill send you the money to quit bitc****

DeadEye
04-09-2002, 06:42 PM
And where did you find these toys? Kmart?

NesteaFett
04-09-2002, 07:20 PM
I found mine at Wal-Mart. It was very difficult getting the Deluxe figures and Slave 1 out because of the block. I had to choose wisely my checkout line and softened up to the lady. She looked up the price and overode the code by punching it in. I got scolded for opening the boxes by a manager, but I had hidden several carts full of sets around the dept. so he didn't take them away. For the basic figures I just had the cashier scan some POTJ figures I through in as part of my strategy. It was really fun. Down right James Bond stuff. I'm going to another Wal-Mart tonight in search of the Lightsabers. That and the speeders. We'll see and I'll be sure to report back.

LTBasker
04-09-2002, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by senator jar jar
Lt. Basker...

What do you mean "you hope these are not out"??What do you hope is out??What the he** is wrong with you can you just not afford it??Because if thats the case Ill send you the money to quit bitc****

Cool send me the money. :D Look, I'm 15 and I'm not gonna have a WHOLE lot of money on the 23rd, so I would also like to be buy some ships, the deluxe and the Reek on the 23rd, but adding ten figures (2 of each figure) plus a few more Geonosians to the list because it's an army builder is just gonna build up the price even more, which is why I was hoping there would only be 14 figures on the 23rd because just a single set of 14 would be under $90. Plus as JJB pointed out, the less the figures, the more the supply. If you don't like me wanting only 14 figures to come out on the 23rd, then deal with it. Do not attack me again just because I'm not made of money.

Btw, INDIANA, sorry about that, I phrased that wrong as I had a bunch of other things going on.

senator jar jar
04-09-2002, 08:43 PM
lt basker

sorry your not " made of money" but I guess the point im trying to get across to you is "these figures ARE coming on the 23 so quit complaining about it and let the rest of us enjoy all that the 23 of april has to offer. I personally am looking forward to senator jar jar and the geonosian

Bring the 23 On!!!

LTBasker
04-09-2002, 08:51 PM
I want them too but just like you have the right to say you want them on the 23rd, I have the right to say I don't. End of story.

Jargo
04-09-2002, 09:52 PM
"Oh my Artoo, it's all getting rather ugly again in here. Where is master Tricks when you need him? I have a bad feeling about this... "

Y'know, the trouble with the world is that no-one helps each other. So, let's just back off to our corners and just get on with waiting for the stuff to show up. Then we can pick up what we want and come back and talk about them and then bash each other to kingdom come with the force of the mighty Lord as our weapon and fire in our bellies and war in our hearts...... Sorry, that didn't come out right. :D there are beter things to fight about than a few poxy action figures. Both of you have valid points so accept that and move along please - move along, move along........ :) please?

INDIANA
04-10-2002, 08:05 AM
The Geonosian Warrior's legs aren't that bad. My biggest complaint is that he's probably the most difficult to stand AND he has no peg holes in his feet. The Battle Droid I think is made from the same stuff my daughters gummi candy is made from. I think he would melt if I looked at him long enough.

I went back to K-Mart this morning. About 10 cases of the electronic lightsabers, 2 cases Slave I, and a case of Jedi Starfighters. I broke down and bought the Slave I, $29.99.
The pallet that had the Deluxe on it yesterday wasn;t put out.

hango fett
04-10-2002, 08:11 AM
i assume you live in indiana, hense your name...but where at in indiana do you live? i might travel over and pick up a few myself..

INDIANA
04-10-2002, 10:16 AM
I live in the Chicago suburbs.

My dog's name is Indiana.

hango fett
04-10-2002, 08:27 PM
oh, my bad...thats a neat way to do your screen name ;)