PDA

View Full Version : Should I stay or should I go...?

JEDIpartner
04-09-2002, 11:26 AM
Due to recent events involving forum members, I approach posting with a bit of trepidation and sadness. Friendships had been forged and suddenly fall away. Friendships that once existed dissolve without much explanation as to why. Angry forumites direct their venom at unsuspecting individuals and send "not-so-nice" e-mails...

I see posts written by friends, wondering why they don't "come around" anymore. I see posts written by "disagreeables" and wonder if there will be another attack on a fellow forumite or on me...

I'd rather not get into the details, but I wonder if it is worth it to stay on here second guessing my every post.

So... I don't know if I should keep tip-toeing around here wondering if I stepped on any toes or whatever...

To those I may have hurt in some way, shape or form... I am unaware of having done so. If I have... I apologise as it was never my intent. I love being here, but hate feeling this way.
I suppose I'll just see how this all plays out. Thanks for reading me...

-Dale

jeddah
04-09-2002, 11:32 AM
Dale, Jediparntr, it's obvious. You should stay :)

Personally, I think that these forums are free of vitriol or flame wars, even including the recent fiascos, but I only frequent The General and Micromachine forums (so I may have not seen them)...oh and now they've moved The Hump (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2216&pagenumber=9) thread to "other" I have to go there once in a while too ;)

I enjoy reading your posts and as a fellow musician I like to see you around. I hope my recent post on GNT didn't contribute in any way to your considered departure.

jeddah

Mandalorian Candidat
04-09-2002, 11:32 AM
Hey JP,

I hope you don't decide on dropping out from SSG forums just because of a few bad apples or misguided posts. I think you have good things to say and if some people disagree with you, that's their problem. You've been around here long enough that if someone else has been hasseling you, maybe they should go. Just say what you want to say and don't worry about it.

187-Maul
04-09-2002, 11:36 AM
I agree with jeddah you should definetly stay
to be honest I wasn't aware of these big problems but I'm most certain that we can all live (post :) ) in peace here - I mean these forums are for fun, not to fight or whatever

Bel-Cam Jos
04-09-2002, 11:37 AM
JEDIpartnr, "you must do what you think is right, of course." I have had similar issues with various places/people, and I just took some time off to think about things, then came back. Try that. Also, don't take things too personally. Even if the comments are meant to be personal, try to let them go if you can. It's tough, but you're a better person for not responding to hate or cruelty with the same.

Hang in there! Obi-Wan, Luke, Han, and Lando all had to do it, too! :rolleyes:

Dar' Argol
04-09-2002, 11:41 AM
I kinda know I'm the new kid on the block around SSG but I feel aceppted by most of you. JEDIpartnr, it would be a shame to see someone like yourself leave these forums. Have you been to others? Have you seen the lack of respect and cliches that go on there?!?!?! And I am not nameing any one site. I've visited a few and could not believe what goes on and the amount of childish behaviour that goes on. Now, we have childish behaviour, but 9 times out of 10, its funny ha ha behaviour. Not like other places. JEDIpartnr, you will be sorely missed if you leave, and you will be missing out on a lot. But, in the end, the decision is yours to make. I just hope you make the right one for you.

Dar' Argol
(and this is the only time you will see this)
Shawn

Starfig873
04-09-2002, 11:55 AM
Ah boyo. No reason to leave! Though if you get tired of something, give it a rest (I know I do) then you'll be refreshed and able to handle things better. :)

JEDIpartner
04-09-2002, 01:11 PM
I will take all of these things into consideration... I'll keep watching the posts on this thread. Perhaps things aren't as bad as I had thought. Thanks for the kind words... they are much needed for my conflicted heart.

bigbarada
04-09-2002, 01:36 PM
I have felt the same way a few times, especially after a pretty nasty altercation; after taking a few days off I found that I actually missed coming here and talking to friends. So, if you need some time off, go ahead and take it. We'll still be here when you get back.:)

Dar' Argol
04-09-2002, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I have felt the same way a few times, especially after a pretty nasty altercation; after taking a few days off I found that I actually missed coming here and talking to friends. So, if you need some time off, go ahead and take it. We'll still be here when you get back.:)

I did the same Big-B. After so much WM bashing I took off for a few days. I'm a lot better now:crazed:.I just relized that not all stores are the same as mine and its a shame. But your right, I did miss it. I missed the different point of views, the silly threads and the serious ones as well.

BTW Big-B sorry about the "no-lifed, thick necked" comment. I was a little too hot that night. didn't really mean it:(.

InsaneJediGirl
04-09-2002, 02:58 PM
Hey JEDIpartnr/Dale,

Don't leave us:cry:I do know how it is though(wont metion any
websites/EzBoards),it kinda sucks at times.If you leave,who
would I have to talk to about Jango's poses?..Getting to point..
if you do leave for a bit Dale,I would like to see you come back,it wouldnt be the same without you.

-IJG/Autumn

Lobito
04-09-2002, 03:14 PM
You cant go Jedi Partnr, u have good friends here!!:) Remember that the most important thing here is giving your opinion, some ppl will not agree but they dont need to be convinced of what u think. Discussions are healthy, but without losing the point of decency. I'm glad u are here, and i hope u stay with us.:D :)

JetsAndHeels
04-09-2002, 03:40 PM
JEDIpartnr,
I want you to stay. You are one of my best friends on here, and I would hate to see you go. I hope I am not one of the people you refer to that have not posted in a while. I have been away a couple of days because the people at work here have been very strict about internet use. While I will be changing jobs, I still do not want to get fired or written up.
But to keep on the subject, PLEASE dont go. You are a very vital member to the forums here, and I would hate it if you left because I would miss talking to you and discussing our hobby here.
SO STAY!!

2-1B
04-09-2002, 03:50 PM
Dale, STAY ! With a new film coming out in just over a month, we need all the opinions we can get. You're a good egg, I don't want to lose you the way I lost Vader! :D :D :D

Cheers to all of you, you're all cool in my book!

JetsAndHeels
04-09-2002, 04:13 PM
Now youve got the back of Rics head, Caesar?? I told you I was sorry for making the comment on your avatar!! Please dont subject us to this!! Please!!:crazed:

JediTricks
04-09-2002, 04:47 PM
Ever feel like you've stepped into the middle of a Jerry Lewis telathon? :D

Seriously though JP, you should stay, I've had a lot of fun reading and responding to your posts, you seem like a really bright, level-headed poster. :cool:

As we get closer and closer to Episode II's release, we're seeing more and more new posters sign up and while there's nothing wrong with that, it sometimes takes a little patience to get everything to mesh together and there often is a little fraying of nerves during that period. However, if something is a problem that can't be resolved in a civil manner, and this is for everybody, report it to the admin courtesy of the "Report Post" link on every thread and we'll carefully look into the situation. These forums are for you guys to enjoy, and the admin staff is here to make sure you continue enjoying them.

SithDroid
04-09-2002, 04:48 PM
Please stay Jedipartnr. I look forward to seeing what you have to say, plus I also like seeing which new Obi-Wan avatar you're going to use next.

By the way Ceasar, I love your new Avatar. It is by far the funniest one yet. I am still laughing!!!!!!:D

DeadEye
04-09-2002, 04:50 PM
Stay stay stay!!! You may yet be the one member whose Force powers are beyond mine... :D

JEDIpartner
04-09-2002, 04:56 PM
To stay...

I hashed it all out with the forumites in question and basically told them it's a huge world out there and we are not all created the same. We all have a right to live our lives as we do as long as no harm is done to another person.

Prejudices and preconceived ideas are poison when we are constantly surrounded by people. It is important, as Sir Steve has posted, to respect others rights. These rights extend into the real world and, believe me, will make everyone's lives a lot easier if we DO respect them. Here, we exist in cyberspace, and tolerance and understanding should be something that should come easier as we don't have to actually "physically" come into contact with other individuals whose lives differ from our own. Judge each person on their own merits and how they treat others. Do not attack others with slings and arrows because of their racial background, gender, age, income, sexual preference or physical or mental ability. We are a diverse world and that's what makes life a remarkable thing.

Do not forget that there are ALWAYS people who are looking to take our rights and freedoms away. Do not perpetuate it. It will eventually find it's way back you.

Thank you all for helping me realise that I have affected each of you in a positive way. I am glad to see that. Your support has been a fantastic end to an otherwise difficult last couple of days. It also helped those with the issues come out to deal with the situation like adults. You have my gratitude. Peace...

SithDroid
04-09-2002, 05:00 PM
YEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let the dancing begin!

bigbarada
04-09-2002, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol

BTW Big-B sorry about the "no-lifed, thick necked" comment. I was a little too hot that night. didn't really mean it:(.

Don't worry about it.:cool: I've heard worse (most involving monkeys:eek: ). BTW, congrats on your moderator promotion!

Glad to hear you'll be staying in the looney bin, JediPartner! Are you sure you shouldn't have gotten out while you had the chance?:crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

Dar' Argol
04-09-2002, 10:31 PM
Thanx Big-B

JEDIpartnr, it great to hear that:D. It seems to me that you are a unique SW fan. After all the posts I have read you strike me as the fan who is paisionate(sp) about SW but not overly fanatic! You walk a very thin line my friend, and any one of use would walk it with you. Good to have you back!:D

As Caesar would say((((( group hug )))))

stillakid
04-09-2002, 11:32 PM
Thanks for staying. This forum can't stand to lose rational people when it gets them.

God knows that I've gotten into some scuffles here and there and considered bailing a couple of times, but I haven't taken the plunge yet. While it's difficult to sometimes "discuss" with people that might not seem to be as reasonable as you might hope, these boards would be, well, boring if all anyone did was agree all the time. All you can do is think first, then post with passionate belief, and defend it rigorously if necessary.

I only hope that I get this kind of attention at my wake.:dead:

;)

Dryanta
04-09-2002, 11:47 PM
I you'e expecting a long winded post from me or even a articulate one,sorry in adavance.
i consider you a friend dale and thanks for staying.
dave

JetsAndHeels
04-10-2002, 08:24 AM
Its good to know you are staying, JEDIpartnr. I enjoy reading your posts and discussing SW with you. The forums wouldnt be the same if you had left.

JEDIpartner
04-10-2002, 10:31 AM
I never thought I'd get this sort of a turn out! WOW! Inspite of the "unfriendly" element I have encountered here (that's in the past now- I hope) I really enjoy being here... as I told JT, I would have been really heartbroken if I couldn't be a part of this community. I've had a load of fun and met some great people here... and it really shows. Thanks again guys... for being so cool.

You rock... :)

-Dale

SirSteve
04-10-2002, 11:17 AM
Thanks for everyone's continued support. Don't let others influence you! If you like it, stay. If not, well, there is not much I can do.

I am glad you decided to stay though.

:)

Emperor Howdy
04-10-2002, 01:01 PM
JEDIpartnr......I'm sorry, man, but I think maybe it's time to wrap it up. Your meaningless post-padding and inapprop...*flaming arrows fly through the window hitting Emperor Howdy in the chest......he falls forward on the keyboard dead*

Eeeek! :eek:, I believe what I MEANT to say was (in my best drill sergeant voice): "Yank those pants back up from around your ankles, boy, and give me twenty!!!"

You're gonna get unpleasant comments from time to time. So what. I get 'em all the time. Just blow it off, or give it back to 'em. If need be, I have a friend who for a small price will "eliminate" your problem(s) permanently. Whatever the case, don't be so sensitive with those clowns. I hate clowns. They used to reeeeally freak me out as a kid....like the "IT" clown or something.

Anyway, the point is.....umm....the point is....errr......ummm....I'm sorry, what were we talking about? Oooooooooooh yeah! Sorry, I tend to drift at times. Anyway, the point is, try and use a totally different drawer for your black socks.

Jedi Drew
04-10-2002, 01:43 PM
Hey Dale-Stay and just GO WITH THE FLOW. Alot of your posts are funny as hell, and also have great info. Be Cool, Jedi Drew..........He'll be back on SSG- trust me.:D :D :D
P.S. I hope I wrote this in PROPER ENGLISH for some people!!!!

jeddah
04-10-2002, 02:38 PM
Emperor Howdy said;

They used to reeeeally freak me out as a kid....like the "IT" clown or something.

....They floooooaaaat, they aaaall floooaaaat.

AND WHEN YOU'RE DOWN HERE WITH US. YOU'LL FLOAT TOO!

don't have nightmares :D

jeddah

SWAFMAN
04-10-2002, 04:28 PM
Emporer Howdy, may I suggest a new avatar (http://members.fortunecity.com/infinitecool/it/it73.jpg) for you?

:evil:

SithDroid
04-10-2002, 04:38 PM
Oh, Jeddah the nightmares you bring back with that quote!

jeddah
04-11-2002, 02:59 PM
:D Nice one Swaffy :D

jeddah

Dryanta
04-11-2002, 11:01 PM
Empoer howdy,
Do not refer to our little business dealings in a public venue again.The price for you is longer small.
Jedipartner fell free to contact me directly,"Eliminate the middle man" as they say.Which by the way it sounding like a better idea all the time Emporer Howdy.
Dont' wait up for "Vinnie" and friends.They are disposed at this time.:D :evil: :dead: :crazed: