PDA

View Full Version : how can a figure be rare when it's not been realeased?

hango fett
04-09-2002, 11:29 AM
on ebay, they say "rare! taun we! in hand...etc"
hoe can it be rare already?
???????

CrossWizard
04-09-2002, 11:59 AM
If youre selling something on Ebay and you want it to go to a high price, wouldnt you overhype it? Its an old technique, words like RARE, EXCLUSIVE, UNCENSORED VERSION, and LIMITED EDITION attracts more buyers, plus it also can be considered RARE since it hasnt been officially released or sold in stores.

JEDIpartner
04-09-2002, 12:08 PM
once these hit the stores. There's an eBay seller from the Cleveland Area who has 9 Jango Fetts for something like $110.00!!! I hope that jerk gets stuck with them. Jedi Drew and I now know why we can't find any Jangos in the Cleveland area!!! :mad:

CrossWizard
04-09-2002, 12:25 PM
Thats sick, who would ever want 9 Jango Fetts?

Dave_Cameron
04-09-2002, 01:59 PM
You'll probably be sorry that you asked that question! It is sick. I see that one person's actions have ruined problem-free collecting for a couple of our fellow members. The sad thing is, there are auctions for multiple Jango Fetts all over the internet. I also hope they get "stuck" with them.

evenflow
04-09-2002, 03:02 PM
The funniest part about it all, is none of the figures are really rare. Even once they come out, they won't be rare. They will be out every where with a little time.

hango fett
04-09-2002, 03:40 PM
i live about 30 miles north of dayton and my dad and me have 2 jangos with a third on the way! (one for our shelf, one for my dads office, and one for me to take out and play with/build my army..)

Wish Me Luck (WML)
hango

Mandalorian Candidat
04-09-2002, 04:45 PM
You can bet those ebay auctions for AOTC stuff will still continue after 4/23. There will be a ton of scalpers/resellers trying to get rid of their now worthless stock. Unfortunately there will be some schmuks who will freak out because they couldn't find all the figures at 12:01 AM and will end up buying them.