PDA

View Full Version : Better/New Accessory Sets (merged)

ACPin
08-31-2001, 03:42 PM
I've brought up this topic before in the old forums which I think needs revisiting since nothing about it has happened. Wouldn't it be :cool: to have better accessory sets to go with the figures?

Here's a few that comes to mind:

1) Rebel Hangar - how about those lights, tools, etc
2) Cantina - chairs, tables w/lights, mugs, etc
3) Jabba's Palace - similar to Cantina
4) Bags of weapons like Stormtrooper blasters (the rifles with the CTC Stormies suck!)

Lobito
08-31-2001, 04:34 PM
Yep, specially the bag of weapons, but like the POTF2 stormtrooper, (the last one made), those racks are pretty cool.

JediTricks
09-01-2001, 01:52 AM
I agree, better accessories in new accessory packs! I'd like to see one of lightsaber hilts and removable blades of all sorts of different colors.

evenflow
09-01-2001, 09:40 AM
I think that if done rightm the packs could be awesome. I think that if a small figure (those that normally would not be produced) would be included they would sell like crazy.

Stuff to be included:

Jedi Training Remote - I don't know why we have not yet got one.
Globe of Peace - This is something that I want. I think it is cool.
lightsabers & hilts - multi-color - removable blades
Helmets - all different styles, at-st, stormtrooper, x-wing, etc.
- snake and cloak for Yoda
Band Equip. - microphones, stands, guitar
Blasters - all different sizes
Holographic - Luke & Vader
- grappling hook, belts, holsters
EU ? - Jedi Holo Cube, saber crystals

as for the small figures, I suggest:

1. Bubo
2. Hoover
3. ET senator (I wish)
4. Weazel (small enough)

buba-fatt
09-07-2001, 06:09 PM
I would like to see an accessory set of accurately scaled creatures such as the mynoks, swamp flyers, scurriers, snakes, lizards,rats, and some of those E1 creatures that were attempted in the battle bags. Those were poorly scaled. A set of tools like spanners, boxes,communicaters, lamps,and such would be neat also.

Darth Trasko
11-18-2001, 12:48 AM
If Hasbro are making Accessory packs again for the new line what about packs that would be useful for those of us with dioramas like a "Cantina Set" with glasses, chairs even a table in case they decide to make more Cantina Patrons with Bendable Knees.

Darth Trasko
11-19-2001, 04:17 AM
WOW the word "Accessory Pack" really scared people away :)

evenflow
11-19-2001, 06:45 PM
I am down for new ones, but they should actually include things that interest, like a Jedi training remote. Stuff like that would be awesome and would sell. :)

Obi-Dan Kenobi
11-19-2001, 11:13 PM
I would love an accessory pack of stormtrooper accessories. Rifles, binoculors, backpacks, small droids, etc. could all be included. A rebel version would be great, too. :Pirate:

GNT
11-23-2001, 02:28 AM
There was an Endor Accessory pack that was rumoured to come out, but It never happened :(

Jargo
11-25-2001, 02:42 PM
Never mind accessory packs they should stick accessories with the figures and include them at the same price. We pay good money for real tat and no-one gives a hoot. More accessories doesn't make a figure deluxe it makes it worth the price we're paying now. Accessory packs don't sell at all well so the only way to get accessories is if they ship with figures. Pray long and hard boys - it's your only hope......

Darth_Maul25SW
03-10-2002, 03:55 PM
Please some one make it. It would be great is Hasbro decided to make a new weapons pack for the classic trilogy characters. But I guess since the episode one packs didn't do so well they wouldn't. But the can make them an online exclusive and everyone would want one.

Beast
03-10-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by Darth_Maul25SW
Please some one make it. It would be great is Hasbro decided to make a new weapons pack for the classic trilogy characters. But I guess since the episode one packs didn't do so well they wouldn't. But the can make them an online exclusive and everyone would want one.
They are making somthing similar to this. Check out the POTJ thread about New troop builder sets! and Super Accessorized Troop Assortment. It will be a figure with a ton of accessories, like blasters, etc. There is one with a new Death Star Trooper, so that should have the Imperial Blasters you seem to be looking for. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth_Maul25SW
03-10-2002, 04:06 PM
Really? that's awesome? Man I'm good:cool:

evenflow
03-12-2002, 04:40 PM
If done correctly, this would be a great idea. I think the sets should include a bunch of weapons, etc. as well as smaller droids and creatures we would not normally get. If there were four sets in an assortment they could include different weapons and each set would have say:
1. Bubo
2. Jedi Training Remote
3. Hoover
4. Baby Ewok

Just an idea?

LTBasker
03-12-2002, 07:07 PM
Baby Ewok grenades? :eek:

I hope they come with some nice weapon selections, I can't for these to come out. Even if you don't have enough troopers for this stuff, make an Imperial base with a nice arsenal. :happy:

mark2d2
03-13-2002, 07:38 PM
Would anyone be up for a Cantina Acessory Pack.

Hey, I love Zutton's glass. And would love to be able to "buy a round" for his fellow cantina patrons.

The set could (of course) also have guns and maybe that couch/bench like thing by the droid detector.

Would anyone else think this is cool.

Eternal Padawan
05-24-2002, 11:31 AM
I would really like to see soft goods Jedi Robes in multi packs.

Eternal Padawan
05-24-2002, 11:36 AM
I think we're getting more and better accesories with the figures. i was really impressed with Saga Bespin Luke coming with a whole weather vane. Perhaps a new classic Luke with a moisture vaporator is in the works. ;)

But as far as accesory packs, I would like to see more soft goods Jedi Robes. They look much better than the plastic ones.

Beast
05-24-2002, 11:37 AM
Hopefully the Target exclusive Figue and Accessories Sets will do well, and Hasbro will consider doing more of them in the basic line. I know I want to get atleast 2 of each of them when they come out. I wish they weren't going to be exclusive to Target though. They always seem to be the worst store for exclusives. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Eternal Padawan
05-24-2002, 11:40 AM
I remember the vintage Accessory packs fondly. Especially the one that came with the breath masks for the Asteroid cavern scene. Make more of those Hasbro.

There sure a lot of "Accessory Pack" threads..;)

Croaker
05-24-2002, 12:38 PM
We don't have target stores in Canada.
So we never see those exclusives.

But Yes! more accessories.

darthvyn
05-24-2002, 12:42 PM
everyone has to admit that the "motion blades" idea is really cool... for those that don't know what i'm talking about, i would like to see hasbro make an accessory set of all the lightsaber colors in a triangular shape (narrow at the base, wide and squared off at the top...) like they are being swung really fast, as opposed to the thin blades that we get now. now that all the sabers are modular (detachable blades) this kinda makes sense. if they made an accessory pack of a bunch of lightsaber hilts (they can just re-use molds...) and these motion blades i think it would sell like hotcakes! and hotcakes sell, man... i was also thinking that it would be cool if they made some that were shorter, like they were being turned on or off...

darthvyn
05-24-2002, 12:44 PM
jeez, how many accessory threads are there... support motion blades!

eliwankenobi
05-24-2002, 01:19 PM
I think the demand for more accessories should be met by simply packing them with the figures - and we're starting to see this with the Saga line; Clonie w/ cannon; Bespin Luke w/ weather vane and bacta tournaquet; Padme w/ arean column; etc.

While its nice to have extra blasters, every figure is usually packed with the appropriate weapons, and some extra. Backpacks though, require the back of the fig to have a hole drilled for the peg, so its pointless to offer extra backbacks if no other figs have the holes to support them - and I think Hasbro would want to steer clear of encouraging little ten-year-old Timmy from picking up his dad's power drill to put a hole in the back of his 3PO or Anakin to wear a backpack that the character never really used.

Besides, look at the accessory packs they offered for E1. Aside from the extra lightsabers, most of the pieces sucked, and they wound up in the clearance bins.

DarthMaulSithLord
05-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Accessory sets:
- Jedi Accessory Set: 4 metal lightsaber handles with 4 blades and 4 laser reflect effects and 4 belts with metal attachment for the Jedi that came with sucky plastic saber hilts, 2 Jedi Starfighter headgears, 4 cloth dark brown cloaks and 1 cloth poncho for Anakin.
- Sith Accessory Set: lightsaber hilt with blade, 2 different big Force lightning effects, Geonosian Hangar rubble, cloth black cloak with metal chain, holoprojector with Death Star hologram and electronic Count Dooku speederbike.
- Bountyhunter Accessory Set (Rifle, pistol, 2 blast effects and Assassination droid with poisonous creatures and stand for Zam Wessel and chromed pistols with blast effects, wrist dart launcher with 1 cm long darts, Slave I headgear, helmet with poseable scanner, electronic "Kamino Escape" jetpack with sounds, lights and blast effects and 1 non-electronic Arena backpack for Jango Fett.
- Clone Trooper Accessory Set (4 rifles with 4 different blast effects, 2 electrobinoculars, 4 backpacks for attachments for blaster and binocs, heavy laser cannon with 2 lasermissiles and 4 blaster impact effects that fit on Battle Droids and other figs and ships.

Deluxe accessory sets:
- Jedi Starfighter Lightspeed ring and engine booster: fits on Jedi Starfighter. Press button on bottom of ring to go to lightspeed with lights and sounds. Engine booster fits on back of Jedi Starfighter. Press one of two buttons for light-up engines, engine fly-by sounds or R4 sounds. Another button will release spare parts.
- Geonosian Arena Cannon: cannon with electronic lights, sounds and firing missile. floortile and break-away stone pillar. All connect or can be used with Arena Playset.

:D