PDA

View Full Version : Six degrees of Star Wars

Mandalorian Candidat
04-09-2002, 10:57 PM
I hope this isn’t too “five minutes ago” but that dopey Visa commercial with Kevin Bacon has brought up that whole “Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon” game again. I was just thinking about being able to link each major Star Wars actor independently of each other without using any of the SW movies as a link. I can do a few, but I think some are rather impossible. I’m going to try to do this without help of any outside aids, like imdb.com. If I come up short, maybe someone can fill in the blanks or find a shorter route. No cheating!!

Instead of doing the ‘so and so was in blank with so and so’ format, I’m just going to list the actor, then the linking movie, then another actor, etc…

Original Trilogy
Carrie Fisher – The Man With One Red Shoe – Tom Hanks – Apollo 13 – Kevin Bacon
Harrison Ford – The Fugitive – Tommy Lee Jones – JFK – Kevin Bacon
James Earl Jones – Patriot Games – Harrison Ford – etc.
Billy Dee Williams – Nighthawks – Sly Stallone – Rocky – Burgess Meredith – Grumpy Old Men – Jack Lemmon – JFK – Kevin Bacon
Yoda (Frank Oz) – Trading Places – Dan Akroyd – Blues Brothers – John Belushi – Animal House – Kevin Bacon
Warrick Davis – Willow – Val Kilmer – Top Gun – Tom Cruise – A Few Good Men – Kevin Bacon

Episode One
Liam Neeson – Schindler’s List – Ben Kingsley – Sneakers – James Earl Jones – etc.
Ewan McGregor – Moulin Rouge – Nicole Kidman – Eyes Wide Shut – Tom Cruise – etc.
Ray Park – X-Men – Halle Berry – Monsters Ball – Billy Bob Thorton – Bandits (I think that’s the name; it’s the one where they find money in the snow) – Bill Paxton – Apollo 13 – Kevin Bacon or X-Men – Ian McKellan – LOTR – John Rhys-Davies – Raiders of the Lost Ark – Harrison Ford – etc.
Samuel L. Jackson – Goodfellas – Joe Pesci – JFK – Kevin Bacon
Natalie Portman – Mars Attacks! – Jack Nicholson – A Few Good Men – Kevin Bacon
Jake Lloyd – Jingle All The Way – Rita Wilson – Sleepless in Seattle – Tom Hanks – etc.

Episode Two
Christopher Lee – LOTR – John Rhys-Davies – etc.

Try as I might, I can’t come up with any links for Mark Hamill, Alec Guiness, Peter Mayhew, David Prowse, Anthony Daniels, Kenny Baker, Ian McDiarmid, Jeremy Bullock, or any of the other people from the five movies. Good luck.
:)

Rollo Tomassi
04-09-2002, 11:09 PM
Mark Hamill -- Corvette Summer -- Annie Potts -- Who's Harry Crumb -- John Candy -- JFK -- Kevin Bacon

Rollo Tomassi
04-09-2002, 11:14 PM
Ian McDiarmid - Dirty Rotten Scoundrels - Steve Martin - Planes, Train, and Automobiles - John Candy - JFK - Kevin Bacon
Kenny Baker - Time Bandits - Sean Connery - Never Say Never Again - Klaus Brandauer - Out Of Africa - Meryll Streep - The River Wild - Kevin Bacon

Mandalorian Candidat
04-09-2002, 11:27 PM
Now it's so obvious. I totally forgot about McDiarmid in DRS and Kenny B. in Time Bandits. You can also link Sean Connery through Harrison Ford in Indy 3.

I remembered Mark Hamill was in Corvette Summer, but I couldn't think of any costars.:confused:

2-1B
04-10-2002, 12:15 AM
James Earl Jones - Matewan - Chris Cooper - Me, Myself, and Irene - Renee Zellweger - Texas Chainsaw 4 - Matthew McConaughey - A Time to Kill - Samuel L. Jackson - Goodfellas - Robert DeNiro - Sleepers - Kevin Bacon.

2-1B
04-10-2002, 01:12 AM
Carrie Fisher - The Blues Brothers - Dan Akryod - Ghostbusters - Bill Murray - Wild Things - Kevin Bacon

2-1B
04-10-2002, 01:20 AM
Hayden Christensen – Life as a House – Kristen Scott Thomas – Random Hearts – Harrison Ford – Indy and the Last Crusade - Sean Connery - Medicine Man - Lorraine Braco - Goodfellas - Joe Peschi - My Cousin Vinny - Ralph Macchio - The Karate Kid- Elisabeth Shue - Hollow Man - Kevin Bacon

SithDroid
04-10-2002, 02:54 AM
Alec Guinness - Murder By Death - James Cromwell - Star Trek First Contact - Patrick Stewart - X-Men - Ian McKellan etc...

OR

Alec Guinness - Murder By Death - James Cromwell - The Green Mile - Tom Hanks - Apollo 13 - Kevin Bacon

SithDroid
04-10-2002, 02:59 AM
Peter Mayhew - Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger - Patrick Wayne - Young Guns - Kiefer Sutherland - Flatliners - Kevin Bacon

SithDroid
04-10-2002, 03:02 AM
David Prowse - A Clockwork Orange - Malcolm McDowell - Star Trek Generations - Patrick Stewart - X-Men - Ian McKellan - etc...

SithDroid
04-10-2002, 03:06 AM
Anthony Daniels - Young Idiana Jones Episode - Sean Patrick Flanery - Suicide Kings - Jay Mohr - Jerry Maguire - Tom Cruise - A Few Good Men - Kevin Bacon.

Anthony Daniels was by far the hardest to do.

Wolfwood319
04-10-2002, 04:48 AM
Some of those last ones Sithdroid posted were a little bit unbelievable. He had to have use imdb for those.

"Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger," "Patrick Wayne," sounds made up to me.;)

j/k

Mandalorian Candidat
04-10-2002, 11:15 AM
Yeah, it's a lot easier if you use imdb.com or link via TV shows. I'm trying to think of some how linking Jimmy Smits to Kevin Bacon, but the only movie I can think of him being in is Mi Familia, but I don't know anyone else in that movie unless Esai Morales is in it then I can do...

Jimmy Smits - Mi Familia - Esai Morales - La Bamba - Lou Diamond Philips - Young Guns - Keifer Sutherland - Flatliners - Kevin Bacon

Plus the challenge is to do it within six actors or less. That's why it's 'Six Degree of Kevin Bacon.'

Keep going guys. :)

2-1B
04-10-2002, 11:34 AM
Does Kevin Bacon count as on of the 6?

Hayden was tough, then it was hard to connect Peschi - but there's always a way! ;)

FYI Mandalorian Candidat, it wasn't Bandits (although William Robert Thornton is in it) but instead it's . . . well, the name escapes me but the movie with the money in the snow was directed by Sam Raimi and I can't think of the name without using IMDB.

Back to work on my Hayden link . . . :D

Mandalorian Candidat
04-10-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
Does Kevin Bacon count as on of the 6?

Hayden was tough, then it was hard to connect Peschi - but there's always a way! ;)

FYI Mandalorian Candidat, it wasn't Bandits (although William Robert Thornton is in it) but instead it's . . . well, the name escapes me but the movie with the money in the snow was directed by Sam Raimi and I can't think of the name without using IMDB.

Back to work on my Hayden link . . . :D

Yeah, I think you're right. I'm thinking that Bandits was with BBT and Bruce Willis. I know there was a movie with BBT and Bill Paxton where they found some money in the woods and were fighting over it but I can't think of the name. It was the one where BBT loses a bunch of weight and wears those nerdy glasses with the tape in the middle.

As far as Hayden's link goes, you can link Joe Pesci to KB through JFK or Harrison Ford through Tommy Lee Jones in the Fugitive and then to KB through JFK.

The way I've always played it was that you didn't go through TV shows (it's more of a challenge that way) and that it was at the most six total actors from the beginning one to Kevin Bacon. Maybe it is six actors not including KB, I'm not 100% sure on that point.

Hey, here's a really obscure Kevin Bacon link. I mean really obscure.

I was an extra in a comedy movie starring Fred Willardson (that dopey guy who always does stuff on Jay Leno) and Martin Mull called "Portrait of a White Marriage." I doubt more than 10 people, including the actors, have even heard of this movie but I can link myself to KB from being in the movie. Here it goes...

Mandalorian Candidat - Portrait of a White Marriage - Martin Mull - Mr. Mom - Teri Garr - Tootsie - Dustin Hoffman - Rain Man - Tom Cruise - A Few Good Men - Kevin Bacon

Wow, now that I'm a bona fide celebrity I hope noone posts me on their 'Celebrities I Hate' List. :D

2-1B
04-10-2002, 12:21 PM
Cool - I love Fred Willard! :) And I notice it was directed by Harry Shearer ! I bet you could even link yourself through The Simpsons or This is Spinal Tap. :D

P.S. You may not want to check the "hated celebrities" thread. ;)

SithDroid
04-10-2002, 04:28 PM
A Simple Plan is the name of the movie with Billy Bob and Bill Paxton.

Esai Morales is in Mi Familia. He is the older brother that he watches get killed, I believe, so that link would work.

Also Jimmy Smits was in that weird movie The Million Dollar Hotel with Mila Jovovich, Jeremy Davies, and Mel Gibson.

Jimmy Smits - Million Dollar Hotel - Jeremy Davies - The Florentine - Tom Sizemore - Saving Private Ryan - Tom Hanks - Apollo 13 - Kevin Bacon

Yes, I'm guilty. I used the IMDB for the Peter Mayhew Link. I KNEW that he was in the Sinbad movie because there was an article about it in one of the SW Insiders and that is how he got his gig as Chewbacca. I can't remember which issue it was though. I used the IMDB to find the person who was the link in that movie, and that's it, so I did't cheat completely. The link in that movie is the guy who plays Sinbad, who also played Pat Garrett in Young Guns.

As far as Anthony Daniels. I knew that he wasn't in anything else because his whole career revolves around SW. He hasn't done any other movies so the only way to link him is using TV (if you don't want to use the SW movies).

Mandalorian Candidat - I can be linked to Kevin Bacon also. Two different ways. The first (if using TV) was in a made for TV movie starring Shannon Doherty. I was an extra in it also. So the link would be:

SithDroid - Gone In The Night - Shannon Doherty - Mallrats - Jason Lee - Vanilla Sky - Tom Cruise - A Few Good Men - Kevin Bacon

OR

I was also in an Independent Film with Chris Klein before he made it big.

SithDroid - (Independent Film) - Chris Klein - American Pie - Seann William Scott - Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back - Jason Lee - Vanilla Sky - Tom Cruise - A Few Good Men - Kevin Bacon

Am I on the most hated celebrities list now.:cry:

icatch9
04-10-2002, 05:03 PM
Billy D Williams + Michael Keaton = Batman, Michael Keaton + Gina Davis = Beatlejuice, Gina Davis + Tom Hanks = A league of their own, Tom Hanks + Kevin Bacon = Apollo 13.

SWAFMAN
04-10-2002, 05:08 PM
PERNILLA "SHMI" AUGUST(1) was in I Am Dina with Gerard Depardieu(2), who was in The Man In The Iron Mask with Jeremy Irons(3), who was in The French Lieutenant's Woman with Meryl Streep(4), who was in The River Wild with KEVIN BACON(5)

SWAFMAN
04-10-2002, 05:17 PM
John "Major Derlin" Ratzenberger (1) was in Toy Story with Tom Hanks (2), who was in Apollo 13 with Kevin Bacon (3)

icatch9
04-10-2002, 05:21 PM
Whats better the more movies or less. I mean if I can do one in 3 movies, it that better than if I can do it in 6 movies? I have never played the game before, but this star wars one is very interesting to me?

Mandalorian Candidat
04-10-2002, 07:08 PM
ARRGGHH! I totally forgot Billy D. was in Batman. I was trying to figure him out for about 20 minutes when the Burgess Meredith-Jack Lemmon link came to me.

I think if you can find a shorter route it's better.

SD, now everyone on SSG can be linked through us to Kevin Bacon. :) Although yours is shorter. Now I'll have to go back and find a shorter route.

SithDroid
04-10-2002, 07:37 PM
How about this for you Madalorian Candidat

Mandalorian Candidat 1) - Portrait of a White Marriage - Martin Mull 2) - Clue - Tim Curry 3) - Charlie's Angels - Bill Murry 4) - Wild Things - Kevin Bacon 5)

There I narrowed it down by one for you. There must be another way to narrow it down more. I'll keep thinking.

SithDroid
04-10-2002, 07:51 PM
Narrowed it down again.

Mandalorian Candidat 1) - Portrait of a White Marriage - Michael McKean 2) - Planes, Trains, and Automobiles - John Candy 3) - JFK - Kevin Bacon 4)

icatch9
04-11-2002, 10:17 AM
Hear we go boys! Check this one out!

George Lucas + Eddie Murphy =Beverly Hills Cop 3, Murphy + Ellen Degenerous = Dr. Dolittle, Ellen D + Bill Pullman = Mr. Wrong, Pullman + John Candy = Space Balls, John Candy + Kevin Bacon = JFK

George did a cameo in BHC 3 for some unexplained reason. He bumps into Eddie while they are in the theam park towards the end of the movie. Check it out. He's on screen for a few seconds, but it is clearly him. GL being in this movie is one of the all time great Hollywood mysteries.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-11-2002, 11:00 AM
Thanks SD for shortening my KB trail. I didn't realize Michael McKean was even in PoaWM or Trains, Planes.

icatch, I got you one better...

G.Lu. - BHC3 - Eddie Murphy - Coming to America - Samuel L. Jackson - Goodfellas - Joe Pesci - JFK - Kevin Bacon

I think I can also get Rick McCallum, but it's kind of cheesy...

Rick McCallum - Caeser's avatar picture on SSG - Mandalorian Candidat or SithDroid - etc. :)

icatch9
04-11-2002, 11:10 AM
Jimmy Smits was easy once I remember what movie I just saw him in, so hear goes.

Jimmy Smits + Kim Bassinger = Bless This Child, Kim Bassinger + Brad Pitt = Cool World, Brad Pitt + Julia Roberts = The Mexican, Julia Roberts + Kevin Bacon = Flatliners.

Done and Done

icatch9
04-11-2002, 12:53 PM
All right hear on the ones I came up with. I didn’t cheat for these. I’ve seen all the movies and have a knack for remembering stupid things like who what is what movie.

Carrie Fisher + Nev Campbell = Scream 3, Nev Campbell + Kevin Bacon = Wild Things.

Harrison Ford + Gary Oldman = Air Force One, Gary Oldman + Kevin Bacon = JFK.

(Those were easy, now comes the brainpower.)

Terrance Stamp (Chancellor Valorum) + Gene Hackman = Superman 2, Gene Hackman + Danny Devito = The Heist, Danny Devito + Michael Keaton = Batman Returns, Michael Keaton + Gina Davis = Beatlejuice, Gina Davis + Tom Hanks = A League of their Own, Tom Hanks + Kevin Bacon = Apollo 13.

Ian McDermid + Johnny Deep = Sleepy Hollow, Johnny Deep + Heather Gram = From Hell, Heather Gram + Mike Myers = Austin Powers 2, Mike Myers + Nev Campbell = Studio 54, Nev Campbell + Kevin Bacon = Wild Things.

Ray Park + Christopher Walkin = Sleepy Hollow, Christopher Walkin + Danny Devito = Batman Returns, Danny Devito + Billy Crystal = Throw Mama from the Train, Billy Crystal + Julia Roberts = American Sweethearts, Julia Roberts + Kevin Bacon = Flat Liners.

Natalie Portman + Jean Remo = The Professional, Jean Remo + Matthew Broderick = Godzilla, Matthew Broderick + Jim Carey = The Cable Guy, Jim Carey + Courtney Cox = Ace Ventura, Courtney Cox + Nev Campbell = Scream, Nev Campbell + Kevin Bacon = Wild Things.

Jake Lloyd + Arnold Swertzineger (sp?) = Jingle all the Way, Arnold S + Danny Devito = Twins, Danny Devito + Matt Damon = The Rain Maker, Matt Damon + Jason Lee = Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back, Jason Lee + Tom Cruz = Vanilla Sky, Tom Cruz + Kevin Bacon = A Few Good Men.

Ewen McGregor + Ashley Judd = Eye of the Beholder, Ashley Judd + Tommy Lee Jones = Double Jeopardy, Tommy Lee Jones + Kevin Bacon = JFK.

Natalie Portman + Jack Nickleson = Mars Attacks, Jack Nickleson + Kevin Bacon = A Few Good Men.

Alec Guinness + Peter O’Tool = A Bridge on the River Kwai, Peter O’Tool + John Goodman = King Ralf, John Goodman + Dan Akroide = Blues Brothers 2000, Dan Akroide + Jim Belushi = Blues Brothers, Jim Belushi + Kevin Bacon = Animal House.

(Ok, I had to cheat a bit on this one. I knew Alec Guinness was in “ A Bridge”, but I had to check to see who else, and that’s how I came up with Peter O’Tool. The rest just fell into place.)

Finally……..

ET + Drew Barrymore = E.T. Extra Terrestrial, Drew Barrymore + Bill Murray = Charlie’s Angels, Billy Murray + John Candy = Stripes, John Candy + Kevin Bacon = JFK

I’ve got a few more, but I need a break.

187-Maul
04-11-2002, 01:54 PM
Ian Mcdiarmid was in Sleepy Hollow? I remember Chritopher Lee in it so you could connect him with the ones you mentioned

Christopher Lee/Ray Park/(Ian Mcdiarmid) - Christina Richie - Sleepy Hollow - Casper - Bill Pullman - Spaceballs - John Candy - JFK - Kevn Bacon

187-Maul
04-11-2002, 01:55 PM
oops switched Christina Ricci and Sleepy Hollow...

icatch9
04-11-2002, 02:04 PM
Yea, Ian McDermid was one of the towns upper class guys. He is in it quite a bit. I don't remeber his name in the movie, but check it out. Listen to him talk and you call tell it's the Emperor.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-11-2002, 04:36 PM
I wanted to get a link for Ahmed Best, but I had to resort to using imdb.com cause I just couldn't think of what other movie he would be in. Here's one for him and Peter Cushing...

Ahmed Best - Lean on Me - Morgan Freeman - Robin Hood: POT - Kevin Costner - JFK - Kevin Bacon

Peter Cushing - Top Secret - Val Kilmer - Top Gun - Tom Cruise - A Few Good Men - Kevin Bacon

icatch9
04-11-2002, 04:39 PM
Mark Hammell + Chris Rock = Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back, Chris Rock + Joe Pesci = Leathal Weapon 4, Joe Pesci + Kevin Bacon = JFK.

James Earl Jones + Kevin Costner = Field of Dreams, Kevin Costner + Kevin Bacon = JFK.

187-Maul
04-11-2002, 05:14 PM
oh the emperor ! thanx icatch, I got the names mixed up, I thought of Ian Mckellen(Gandalf)...I'm so stupid:p
I'm even dumber then I thought - what would Ian McKellen have to do with SW !?! guess all the movies and actor names got me mixed up... :rolleyes:

SithDroid
04-11-2002, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by icatch9
ET + Drew Barrymore = E.T. Extra Terrestrial, Drew Barrymore + Bill Murray = Charlie’s Angels, Billy Murray + John Candy = Stripes, John Candy + Kevin Bacon = JFK

icatch9, you can skip the Jonh Candy Link up above because Bill Murray was in Wild Things with Kevin Bacon, so there in now one less.

I got a better one for Terrence Stamp, and Ian McDiarmid.

Terrence Stamp - Red Planet - Val Kilmer - Top Gun - Tom Cruise - A Few Good Men - Kevin Bacon

Ian McDiarmid - Sleepy Hollow - Johnny Depp or Jeffrey Jones - Ed Wood - Bill Murray - Wild Things - Kevin Bacon

icatch9
04-11-2002, 05:26 PM
Yea those are good. I just like working in those insignificant movies that people don't normally think of.

I got a couple more for Billy D, and Natilie Portman, but I have to sit down and think of the trial to Kevin Bacon.

I found out the Anthony Daniels was a voice talent in the old Lord of the Rings cartoon. I've seen it but never placed his voice. Anyway, the other actors are people I have never heard of so starting with a trail there would be very hard.

This game is fun, but I fear we have just about got everyone. So the ones we come up with now are going to have to be pretty good.

Good luck guys!

Mandalorian Candidat
04-11-2002, 06:18 PM
Hey guys, here's a couple more. I've been trying to post these all day, but everytime I get it written up, some dope interrupts me and kicks me off the computer.

Jack Purvis - Willow - Val Kilmer - Top Gun - Tom Cruise - A Few Good Men - Kevin Bacon

Phil Brown - Chaplin - Dan Aykroyd - Neighbors - John Belushi - Animal House - Kevin Bacon

Eddie Byrne - Island of Terror - Peter Cushing - etc. (see post above)

I have to admit that I went on imdb.com to get these links.

Just FYI, Jack Purvis was the Jawa Chief in ANH (how can you tell them apart). He was also the Chief Ugnaught in ESB and Teebo in ROTJ.

Phil Brown was Uncle Owen

Eddie Byrne I believe was one of the Imperial muckety-mucks in the DS board room scene in ANH. It looks like he was in a ton of movies with Peter Cushing, including The Mummy. Also in the Mummy...Christopher Lee. What a small world.

I tried looking up Aunt Beru (Shelagh Fraser) but it seems all she was in was obscure (at least to us Americans) British TV shows. I'll give bonus points for this one...

SWAFMAN
04-11-2002, 10:39 PM
okay, this is DEFINITELY from IMDB:
Shelagh "Aunt Beru" Fraser was in Hope and Glory (1) with Gerald James who was in The Man With the Golden Gun (2) with Christopher Lee who was in Sleepy Hollow (3) with Michael Gough who was in Batman (4) with Jack Nicholson who was in A Few Good Men (5) with KEVIN BACON!!

I've always wondered about the whole 'six degrees of separation' theory, in general. but the aunt beru one has pretty much completely convinced me that ANY contemporary actor can be linked to bacon in six or less jumps.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-12-2002, 12:51 PM
Wow, how long did it take you to figure that one out? I would never have thought of going through Gerald James and Michael Gough without clicking on a bunch of links.

An interesting point, imdb.com lists Michael Gough as doing voice overs for two Star Wars video games: Galactic Battleground and Jedi Knight Outcast.

BTW, does anyone know who Gerald James played in The Man With the Golden Gun? All the imdb.com credits says is Frazier. Who was that guy?

SWAFMAN
04-12-2002, 03:40 PM
ManCan, it really only took a few minutes, thanks to the great layout of IMdb. Just hop from actor to movie to actor to movie....

Here's the lowdown on Professor Frazier (http://www.ajb007.co.uk/characters/index.php?character_id=193) in The Man With The Golden Gun.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-13-2002, 01:24 AM
Originally posted by SWAFMAN
ManCan, it really only took a few minutes, thanks to the great layout of IMdb. Just hop from actor to movie to actor to movie....

Here's the lowdown on Professor Frazier (http://www.ajb007.co.uk/characters/index.php?character_id=193) in The Man With The Golden Gun.

OK, now I remember. He's in the movie toward the beginning briefing Bond and M about the whole Solex thing.

dingodad
04-13-2002, 02:41 PM
a simple plan=bb thorton