PDA

View Full Version : R3-T7's Vegas-show.....about that boa....

jeddah
04-10-2002, 09:35 AM
Afternoon

After recently buying R3-T7, I hurriedly ripped open the package and disrobed the droid of his/her Vegas-show electric boa, eager to get at the droid, however, I have no idea how it goes back on....

Any ideas? :confused:

There's a big Liza Minelli/David Cassidy Gig coming up and they need a chorus line so this is kinda urgent.... ;)

jeddah

JEDIpartner
04-10-2002, 09:57 AM
"Aren't you a little short for a Showgirl?"

Yeah... I'm a moron... I just tore mine off as well without looking at how they had it put on in the first place. Do you still have the card?? Take a look at that to see if you can match what they have there... bear in mind that the picture on the back of the card is a reversed image... morons. :frus:

Another idea... check out some pics on the web. that's what I did. Since I'm not home... I can't pull it off the shelf and tell you "the the little 'U' shaped part goes to the..."

Darkross
04-10-2002, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
"Aren't you a little short for a Showgirl?"

Yeah... I'm a moron... I just tore mine off as well without looking at how they had it put on in the first place. Do you still have the card?? Take a look at that to see if you can match what they have there... bear in mind that the picture on the back of the card is a reversed image... morons. :frus:

Another idea... check out some pics on the web. that's what I did. Since I'm not home... I can't pull it off the shelf and tell you "the the little 'U' shaped part goes to the..."

I bought two of these guys...so I left one with the electric boa on and pulled the other one off. It's not that hard to put the thing back on...use some creativity...who cares if it doesn't match perfectly!

jeddah
04-10-2002, 12:51 PM
I tried the creativity route but he kept getting it caught under the radar eye and sneezed the feathers everywhere :)

Thanks for the help guys, this is more difficult that reconfiguring my Lament Configuration Box :)

jeddah
*oh my God, is that Pinhead coming?*:eek:

JEDIpartner
04-10-2002, 12:59 PM
I think the little droid replaced her when she went off to start making disco albums a couple years back. Kristine W- that girl can SING!!! I think R3 was hired to replace her just because he's got all those nifty gadgets. I heard he can "chirp" a bit, but he's better off just whistling a little tune. ;)

KingOfSting
04-10-2002, 02:42 PM
take the electricityand you'll see a "U"-shaped piece ...drop it around the droid so that the U-shpaed piece wraps around the front of the droids head leaving a little space in the back..if thats not too undertsandble this should help...make sure the larger part of electricity after you place it on the droid is in the back; also one part of the electricity that branches off from the U-shape wll sit perfectly on top of the droids right leg (if the droids facing forward than that would be the leg on your left hand side) hope that helps!

fourtwo
04-10-2002, 02:46 PM
i can't believe i'm reading this.

step 1: take droid in hand
step 2: take blue stuff in other hand
step 3: place blue stuff on top of droid
step 4: pull down til it covers droid fairly well.
step 5: enjoy!

LTBasker
04-10-2002, 04:10 PM
If you want it put on the same way, then there should be a small part on the thing where it's like a bridge between the upper and lower pieces, kinda of like:

--------
--------
...| |
...| |
...| |
--------
--------

Only without the periods of course but if you've found that part then it should go right in front of the shoulder of the right leg. I'm assuming that's correct since that's how my carded version looks. :cool:

jeddah
04-11-2002, 05:13 AM
Many thanks to all posters :)

JediPartnr, who Kristine W?

:confused:

jeddah

gibbspaulus
04-11-2002, 05:34 AM
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaargh - what next? Which way round do you put sabres in figure's hands to realistically match the way the actor holds it?

Should we ascertain which way the male 12" figures should be 'dressed' (left or right)?

LTBasker
04-11-2002, 05:47 AM
Well I do try to make sure the button of the lightsaber is under a figure's finger while they are holding it. :D

gibbspaulus
04-11-2002, 10:02 AM
Okay, I am laughing now... I have to admit that I can be 'anal' over some things like that! However, I have just thrown caution to the winds and stored my loose collection in bags by character, and pooled all the weaponry in one big bag for easy access. Bespin Escape Leia with Zam's big gun... Luke with darth Maul's sabre....

Mint-On-Card followers beware!!!

OC47150
04-11-2002, 01:19 PM
I'd glad to see I wasn't the only one struggling to put the boa back on. It's now around my R2 unit, right before he gets zapped by the Jawas.

Rollo Tomassi
04-11-2002, 01:48 PM
Originally posted by OC47150
I'd glad to see I wasn't the only one struggling to put the boa back on. It's now around my R2 unit, right before he gets zapped by the Jawas.

Don't you mean right after?;) I put it on R2-D2, also. :)

I thought the "blue energy" was random looking enough to look good no matter which direction it was on the droid. What's next? is the energy "lollipop" on the Clonetrooper's gun facing "up"? C'mon guys...:rolleyes:

jeddah
04-11-2002, 01:54 PM
jeez, don't get your knackers in a twist just because I want it the way it was when it came. :p

go here (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/announcement.php?s=&forumid=19) all naysayers :D

jeddah