PDA

View Full Version : No Cinema Sceens? Good!

icatch9
04-10-2002, 01:58 PM
Most of us have seen the list of AOTC stuff to come. I have noticed that there are no Cinema Sceens on the list. Frankly I am glad for that. I never have been crazy about any of the ones they have made so far. Plus they always seem to cost so much for no more than you are getting. There are a bunch of cool ones they could do, but in the past they have made ones that are somewhat boreing. I think the two pack idea is great, but maybe a two pack who's packageing is not so expensive (to cut down on the cost a bit.

JEDIpartner
04-10-2002, 02:02 PM
But most of them have just disappointed me. I got the Mos Espa Encounter one just to get the Sebulba figure. He's nice to have and he isn't in his "racing duds" like the POTJ one...

Since we haven't seen the film yet... it's hard to say if there WOULD be any good scenes to do another one. The only one I can think of immediately is the "Wedding" scene as it looks pretty cinema scene ready... but- I'll take the individual figures over the scenes any day!

CrossWizard
04-10-2002, 02:11 PM
They could just release Battle Scene 2 packs, like Jango Fett vs Mace Windu, Anakin(Jedi robes) vs Tusken Raider and Obi Wan vs Dooku. But I guess since most of those figures will be available as singles, there would be no point in having them unless they are very good, and different sculpts.

Wolfwood319
04-10-2002, 03:08 PM
I liked some of them, the ones that actually gave a "Scene Specific" image, like Tatooine Showdown. But since a lot of the new figures are already "scene specific" with their action poses, I don't think we need anymore Cinema Scenes. Now basic 3 or 2 packs on the other hand I wouldn't mind.

Jargo
04-10-2002, 03:17 PM
The 2-pack seems to be less cost prohibitive to both Hasbro and retailers/wholesalers. They are easier to store, pack, mail. They cost less to produce/package. The customer is more likely to buy a blister packaged 2-pack than a boxed 3-pack because it makes a more pleasing addition to carded collections but mostly costs less to buy outright and takes up less space. more units get shifted. Everyone ends up happy. Unless it's something stupid like the Maulvs Obi-Wan 2-pack. In which case it mostly just sits in the stockroom gathering dust.
The most popular type of packaging in the end will most likely be a single figure packed with a large accessory. Or a larger figure packed with a smaller one. just my observations and cinema scenes usually only contain one character not previously released although the last POTF2 ones did contain three new characters apiece. The episode one cinema scenes were a waste of time frankly and quite half hearted attempts. Graxol Kelvyyn was ruined by having such a huge body shoved onto him with low detail and totally negated the detail put into his excellent head and arms. I'd like to see this figure repackaged on a single blister card with a shorter more detailed body to make use of such an excellent head sculpt. Thus giving more people a chance to sample the greatness they missed because the original release was shortpacked and HTF.

LTBasker
04-10-2002, 04:54 PM
That's one thing I didn't like about Cinema Scenes, alot of'em were cheesy, but had exclusive figs, but the prices kept going up.

badtaste
04-10-2002, 04:57 PM
The 25 anniversary 2-packs where kind of cinema scenes.

Rogue II
04-10-2002, 09:47 PM
I kind of liked the Cinema Scenes. We got figures we probably wouldn't have otherwise--Skiff Guards, Rebel Pilots, Jabba's Dancers, Cantina Aliens. Of course, the Dr. Evazan and Uncle Owen (posing as John Travolta in Satruday Night Fever) wern't the best sculpts.

I am limiting myself to OT figures, so it doesn't bother me at all they aren't producing Cinema Scenes anymore.

I don't see why Hasbro doesn't start with Star Wars 2 packs. Hasbro produces the GI Joe line, and all of those come in 2 packs.

mikw
04-10-2002, 10:22 PM
Thy are by far my favorite display pieces, the only thing that could be better is custom dioramas. I wish they never stop producing them. I can think of so many I would have liked to see.

Sith Vicious
04-10-2002, 10:38 PM
I wouldn't have minded them, but they always seemed to use cheaper plastics for the figures.

evenflow
04-11-2002, 11:39 AM
I really liked the cinema scenes. I wish that they would re-start the line. The Skiff Guards were incredible. I wish that they would have made some Episode II cinema scenes, which hopefully could have led Hasbro to produce some for the classic line.

icatch9
04-11-2002, 12:20 PM
Don't get me wrong, the idea of Cinema Sceens is good. I did like the skiff guards and the rebel pilots, but those sceens never took place in the movie. In fact you never even seen Ten Numb in a white flight suit in the movie. I just think that hasbro picked bad sceens to depict and I am glad they cut the line. Maybe the new two pack idea will catch on.

dr_evazan22
04-11-2002, 02:44 PM
Overall, I liked the scenes as well, and would like to see more. I think they need to be a little choosier w/ what they make.

I liked the orange Twi-Lek that came w/ Watto's Box, I wouldn't mind seeing her, and maybe a light blue skinned Twi-lek (not Lyn Me) as a 2 pack. I just think those Twi-lek women are hot! Bring 'em on Hasbro!

A couple years ago I was showing my collection to my girlfriends mother, and we were talking about what I still needed. So I said Mynock Hunt. Not being familiar w/ SW too much she kept asking me what I needed. She thought I was saying something dirty until I explained it a little bit. :)

Wolfwood319
04-11-2002, 05:59 PM
I'm surprised they never did a Cinema Scene for the Jedi Duel in TPM. You gotta figure, there was 3 characters, a good action scene, probably sell decent cause it was the "big moment" in TPM. Although I did like the Tatooine Showdown, very cool with the flowing robes, IMO. That's what I think Cinema Scenes should be, an actual scene, not just a 3-pack. Something that looks good in the package, very "action posed."

Sith Vicious
04-11-2002, 06:11 PM
Personally, I prefer the scenes that aren't full of resculpts. I really don't want another version of Maul, Obi, or Qui-Gon. I'd rather have 3 figures that have never appeared before.

RooJay
04-11-2002, 07:41 PM
I think Cinema Scene 3-packs are a great idea, but I think they should've been cheaper. I've always felt that things should cost less when bought in "bulk" if you will. With the originals the figures actually cost more than individual figures! Maybe it was because of the packaging costs, maybe the backdrops, maybe the sculpted bases (which I never really used anyway). I'd like to see some 3-packs offered at a cheaper price without the extras, and I think this would be a GREAT format for Hasbro to offer army builders; 3 (or more) different army builder types with different heads, and slightly modified poses for variety! I'm all for some cool carded 2-packs too!

mark2d2
04-11-2002, 08:28 PM
These were interesting, but often not that well done. (The notable exceptions were the Cantina Aliens pack which was flat out amazing. And the one with Chewbacca in chains and the very interestingly posed Luke and Han in Stormtrooper gear. These guys make great " sprawled-on-the-floor-dead" stormtroopers)

But all too often Cinema Scenes had one or two characters that just weren't that cool. (Threepio in the Purchase of the Droids, Obiwan in the Cantina Showdown....) Think of how cool these packs would have been it if R1G4 or Cyclops (Myo?) had been included instead.

I am hopeful that these new "cantina" packs will be cool. I wish we'd see some pictures.

Dar' Argol
04-11-2002, 09:15 PM
I actually enjoys most of the cinema scenes. The one I was waiting for was the death of Qui-Gon. Having Qui standing there with Mauls saber sticking out from his chest and Obi-Wan on the other side behind a barrier screaming. I think it could have been a great 3 pack. But alas, they killed the line:(. I'm just trying to complete my set of 3 packs.

jobi
04-11-2002, 09:25 PM
I liked the cinema scenes. I think all of the resculpts were a little much. The dancers, Cantina Aliens, Rebel Pilots, Skiff Guards... Come on those were awesome.

steve3p0
04-11-2002, 11:14 PM
i like the scenes
jabba's dancers, jabba's skiff guards, and the cantina aliens.
each one has 3 figures that are totally unique.

however, i don't like the scenes such as mos espa showdown, cantina showdown or purchase of the droids.
i can't justify $20 for a set when only one unique figure is included with 2 others which i already own.

should cinema scenes return ?
yes , if they do a good job as they did with the later ones. judging by what hasbro is releasing currently, i imagine new scenes would turn out well.

Rogue II
04-12-2002, 07:47 AM
I didn't rush out and buy any of the Cinema Scenes. Yeah, I missed a few (mynock hunt, the emporer, and Luke/Han/Chewbacca Death Star) but I didn't pay more that $10 for each. I think they were worth what I paid for them.