PDA

View Full Version : Sw Tie Bomber for sale!

Dar' Argol
04-10-2002, 06:02 PM
For reasons unknown to me, I cannot post in the submit news area so . . . . . .

Bear with me, this will be long.

Last night at my store we had a problem :rolleyes: with the TIE Bomber and a custome. Lets just say she could not buy it and many unpleasent words were said. When I cam in this morning and was putting out latest batch of AOTC stuff under lock and key I was told about this. They asked me to take a look at what was denied sale. I knew what it was. I tried explaining to Managment for about 20 minutes that this could be sold b/c it does not say AOTC and sdoes not have a blue background. It was part of the POTJ line.
Ok, you all know the problem. So after what is seem like trying to drill a whole into a cinder block wall by banging my head against it, they finally got it! They took it to our UPC office and the girl there called Home Office about it. I then find out that some idiot there says its a promo item to be held till the 23rd b/c its for the new movie:stupid:.
So, after being made to look like an arse I still held my ground on the issue. About 2 hrs later, HO calls out Toy Dept Mgr and told her that there was a mistake and to go ahead and put it out to be sold!!!! I told her to double check w/the register and make sure it could be sold b/4 we call this woman from the night before back. It rang through fine! As a matter of fact, we have sold 3 today with no problems!
Now since this was done at the HO it SHOULD be company wide. It may take a day or so but you should be able to purchase them now. So GO, get your Bomber and let me know if you did.

I edited the title b/c I think it didn't get the point across;)

Rollo Tomassi
04-10-2002, 11:35 PM
D'ar Argol! You just became my new best friend! I will be feverishly chacking my Wal Mart from now until the 23rd twice a day! Cool!

(and by "best friend" I mean after JEDIPartnr, and Emperor Jargo, and bigbarada, and those guys...);)

Dar' Argol
04-10-2002, 11:37 PM
I understand Rollo. I had to change the title of this thread b/c it wasn't getting attention. I thought news like this needed to be seen. Just remeber that many WM may have pulled them to the back b/c of the No Sales Allowed. I hope HO sends out an e-mail concerning this to let everyone know they can sell them.

You can shower me with gifts after you get your bomber:D

tk006
04-11-2002, 12:52 AM
Hey Dar' Argol-
Can you post SKU numbers for the Tie Bomber & Snowspeeder to ease locating them?
Many thanks for your hard work and for watching out for your fellow collectors!

Wolfwood319
04-11-2002, 01:17 AM
I knew there had to be something up. I hadn't seen these anywhere. Thanks you Dar' Argol. Nice to have someone with sense on the inside taking charge!

2-1B
04-11-2002, 04:03 AM
Good work! I would have gone insane explaining the concept of POTJ vs. AOTC. :crazed: Nice job with being persistent, hopefully we'll see these soon. :)

LTBasker
04-11-2002, 06:18 AM
LUKE should've been a dead give-away, I would've looked for a snowspeeder and shoved it in their faces. :rolleyes: :happy: :D

dr_evazan22
04-11-2002, 10:57 AM
I found both the Bomber and Snowspeeder last night in Newark, DE and they rang thru fine. I was pretty worried about it.

I took the ships from a case off a pallet (they were in same case).

Rollo Tomassi
04-11-2002, 02:43 PM
Checked twice today. Once at 8:00 in the morning and once at 1:00 in the afternoon. Nothing yet. Which reminds me of a rant I was going to start in it's own thread, but I'll just start it here:

Beyblades. Much like those stupid fingerbikes, they are becoming the bane of my existence. Why do you ask? Because that ungodly looking Beyblade "arena" made out of cheap clear plastic sits right underneath the SW figures and hordes in on their shelf space with its big, ugly irregular shape that nobody wants to buy and the 25thA packs and the figures all get smooshed into the space you couldn't fit a shoebox in.

I HATE Beyblades. Actually, I hate their location in proximity to the SW stuff. If they could move it over...about four aisles...that would be SUPER!

Dar' Argol
04-11-2002, 05:15 PM
Good to hear you guys(who have) finding the Bomber and getting it. I am glad I could help(you know, being a WM employee and all). I will post the UPC AND WM item #'s here tomorrow after work.

Rollo, whle I was able to change the Bomber for everyone, I cannot do diddly about how our shelves are set up. Sorry:(. Now go get your Bomber!!!!

force
04-11-2002, 05:43 PM
Does anyone have a memo, e-mail or name that I can reference when I talk my local WM Store Managers on this issue? They all meet me with the same rhetoric that only things with a street date of 4/23/02 are being shelved in the back. After I keep pressing and give them the item number the story then changes that HQ has told them to sit on the product until 4/23/02 so they have a good presentation of product...blah blah blah!

I'm sure that Sam Walton is turning over in his grave when he comes to learn that online retailers are selling his Wal-Mart Exclusive before his stores will – when they even have the product on hand. So Wal-Mart what’s your motto, Lie And Don’t Make A Sell To Your Customer? Especially if the item is a Wal-Mart Exclusive!

So if anyone out there can help me speak Wal-Mart language by providing proof, a phone number, fax, anything. So that I can better argue the case, because I am sure that the exclusives will probably make it to the shelves before 4/23/02 and some scalper who has the luxury of checking shelves every day will snatch them up.

Also, I took this from a post made by Jedi Drew:
Here is what I have: WM Item #784384 SW Snowspeeder cost: $18.44 retail: 29.96. Wm Item #784391 SW TIE Bomber cost: 18.44 retail: 29.96. Expect these early 2002. Hope this helps Happy Hunting......

Mandalorian Candidat
04-11-2002, 06:29 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Beyblades. Much like those stupid fingerbikes, they are becoming the bane of my existence. Why do you ask? Because that ungodly looking Beyblade "arena" made out of cheap clear plastic sits right underneath the SW figures and hordes in on their shelf space with its big, ugly irregular shape that nobody wants to buy and the 25thA packs and the figures all get smooshed into the space you couldn't fit a shoebox in.

I HATE Beyblades. Actually, I hate their location in proximity to the SW stuff. If they could move it over...about four aisles...that would be SUPER!

I totally have to laugh at that. That's how they have it set up at my W-M too. That stupid dish looks like a crappy dog dish or something a hausfrau would use for a vegetable platter at a funeral. I am convinced that those stupid things are the main reason why they aren't stocking any of the ships right now. They are just taking up all the room by the SW figures.

Damn you beyblades!! Damn you all to hell!!

Dar' Argol
04-11-2002, 08:00 PM
Here's the UPC and WM Item #'s:

TIE Bomber - UPC 7693026479 WM Item # 784391
Snowspeeder - UPC 7693026483 WM Item # 784384

Originally posted by force
So if anyone out there can help me speak Wal-Mart language by providing proof, a phone number, fax, anything. So that I can better argue the case, because I am sure that the exclusives will probably make it to the shelves before 4/23/02 and some scalper who has the luxury of checking shelves every day will snatch them up.

There has not been an E-Mail sent down yet about this, I'm not even sure there will be:(. And I cannot guarentee(sp) that this will work, but you can try. Tell them to call the "POS Hotline" and ask them about the Bomber. Explain to them that the Snowspeeder and TIE come packaged in the same box. That the SS can be sold but there were problems with the TIE being entered properly. When we called the Hotline, they called us back and told us to put them out. They also said that if there were anymore problems to call them back and they would force it through the system. Let me know how it turns out.

Imperial Monarche
04-11-2002, 08:19 PM
I tried to go and get both vehicals today and told them that I was looking for the snowspeeder and TIE bomber because I had seen on the internet that if you ask, you shall receive. But the manager just said," Negative, we are not allowed to seel those items until Apr. 23 or else they will get fired." I thought that was kinda stupid and made me mad, but what could I do, stand there and argue with him that he was wrong. So, to make a long story that I've already told short, I didn't get them and I'm upset.

Dar' Argol
04-11-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Imperial Monarche
I tried to go and get both vehicals today and told them that I was looking for the snowspeeder and TIE bomber because I had seen on the internet that if you ask, you shall receive. But the manager just said," Negative, we are not allowed to seel those items until Apr. 23 or else they will get fired." I thought that was kinda stupid and made me mad, but what could I do, stand there and argue with him that he was wrong. So, to make a long story that I've already told short, I didn't get them and I'm upset.

I never said "ask and you shall receive". There has been no E-Mail sent down to all of the stores about the fact that the Bomber can now be sold. Some managers no matter what you tell them will not budge:(. But try the "POS Hotline" line and Maybe they will call and find out you are right. I was able to change it but I cannot tell all the managers to sell them. I did what I could :).

tk006
04-12-2002, 02:17 AM
I think the UPC #'s given are missing 2 digits (the small numbers before and after the 10 digits given. Usually the printouts on my Walmart receipts include these numbers.
I need to confirm my store has these before I can push the issue further.
HELP!!!

Darkross
04-12-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by tk006
I think the UPC #'s given are missing 2 digits (the small numbers before and after the 10 digits given. Usually the printouts on my Walmart receipts include these numbers.
HELP!!!

Nope! The UPC's given are the right ones... I confirmed it last night at a Wal-Mart. I asked the guy to give me the UPC numbers for each vehicle and these are the numbers.

Darkross
04-12-2002, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by tk006
HELP!!!

"Perhaps you are referring to the imminent attack...."

Oops... lost track.

Perhaps the numbers you are referring to is the store number. Each Wal-Mart has one. It's how they identify the store location.

I dunno! But maybe!

Rollo Tomassi
04-12-2002, 02:02 PM
Cheked again twice today. Still nothing. I did see all the New AOTC figures on the pallet. I looked thru them, but I can wait until the 23rd for those. I just wants me TIE Bomber and Snowspeeder (Dack figure actually). Any idea when the e-mail will come down the pike DA?

BanthaPoodoo
04-12-2002, 02:32 PM
Going tonight to look and see what I can find here in MS.

If I get any junk I will have to use some Jedi Mind tricks:

These are not the toys your looking for.
Move along.

:D

force
04-12-2002, 02:34 PM
Persistence pays off. Of course I shouldn’t hog all the credit, because if it weren’t for a customer service oriented manager I wouldn’t be writing this response. This guy was a real charm. When I spoke to him on the phone I explained that I was merely looking to buy items that they have on hand but are being mistakenly held back for the 4/23/02 street date. I explained that I had spoke to another store’s toy manager and store manager, but received the brush off (see prior post for play by play of brush off). And asked him if he could give me the District Manager’s name. He responded with, “Perhaps this can be handled at a store level.” This guy took my number and offered to call me back after he researched the item more, however I asked if I could call him instead as I would be away from a phone. He understandingly said yes that it would be no trouble. This guy treated me like I was the customer, what a concept!

When I did call back, he apologized because he had not been able to locate the exclusives even though they show as on hand. Then he said that he had tried to phone the toy manager who could not be reached. He would leave a note for the toy manager. This morning I spoke to the phone manager. She said that she was out and received 3 messages from said manager, but was unable to return them in time. She located the items within an hour, called me back and saved them at the lay-away counter for me for my convenience.

It seems that collectors are often treated as pest and some of the time they probably are. However, I thought this experience would be enjoyed by some of my fellow collectors as we have probably all experienced some form of bad customer service.

SKU numbers for those that are interested:
Tie Bomber 007693026479
Snowspeeder 007693026483

aharry
04-12-2002, 03:18 PM
It's nice to see a store actually want to sell something force. I've received the stare from several stockers when I do one of my late-late night/early morning runs looking for things that I know won't last on the shelf until 8:00 AM. Speaking of which, I did one of these last night I found one bomber and speeder. The first two stores had zilch but the third had them in an odd place. All the Walmarts here in Tampa have the same set-up, with the big boxed toys on the top shelf. Well on top of a big stack of Power Ranger Zords(I think that is what they were) sat one of each vehicle. It took some special climbing on my part but I got them and they rang up at the register. I'm wondering if someone stashed them up there on purpose or the stock person had nowhere else to set them since Walmart seems intent on selling dogbowls next to the Star Wars figures.

Dar' Argol
04-12-2002, 07:16 PM
OK guys and gals, here's what you have been waiting for. Today I checked my E-mail b/4 I left work and there was a Weekly Dept 7 Comak. Within that e-mail was this and I quote:

Star Wars Movie Product-sell date is April 23rd at 12:00a.m. We are starting to receive product in for this set now. Merchandise that should be held until April 23rd is coming in under the PO Event Code: LICENS0423. In addition, if the cartons have a red rectangle on them that says: "On shelf date no earlier than April 23rd", these cartons must be held until the set date. Do not sell merchandise with this case marking prior to April 23rd at 12:00a.m.!
Any other Star Wars item without this case marking may be put to the sales floor immediately.

I think this is the best we are going to get to them saying "SELL THE STUPID SS AND TIE!" Note the "Any othere SW item" and the "Sales floor immediately".

Tell who ever you need to that the email was sent down on 4/12/02 at around 10am. The Dept Mgr of Toys would have received this e-mail. This is all that I got in regards to SW items. Good luck getting them:D.

sith_killer_99
04-13-2002, 01:51 PM
Dar' Argol, THANK YOU...

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

After reading your post with the WM item #'s I called ALL my local Wal-Marts. Here is what I found:

WM #1 The stocker I talked to told me that the "vehicles" were in the security room. I kindly gave her the WM item # and she said that they had all been told NOT to put them out 'til the 23rd. She also said that all of it would ring up as "sale not allowed".

I calmly explaied the situation and was told that I would have to speak to "John" who was the Manager of Toys. The stocker could not recall his last name, but said that he would be in at 8:00 am.

WM #2 The manager I spoke to said the same thing, speak to "Mindy" she will be in at 7:00 am.

WM #3 Just gave me the run around, playing phone tag with me for 25 min.

WM #4 Put me thru to the Store Manager, I kindly gave him the WM item #'s and he informed me that they had 5 of each in stock. He also said that they would not be getting any more in, as it was not a "restockable item". I explained that it was a Wal-Mart "Exclusive".

He asked me to hold while he had someone physically check "Put his finger on it".

After 15-20 min. I was told that they could not locate the items. However, understanding that these guys are NOT SW collectors, and seeing as how he was showing 5 of each in stock, I decided to make the drive.

I arrived and went directly to the SW section, no sign of either vehicle. I was not detered! I searched down EVERY aisle, high and low! Just when I thought I would have to go searching the WHOLE store I found the Snowspeeder! It was down at the bottom end of the last toy aisle, and a few seconds later I saw the TIE Bomber WAY up at the top.

It was unreachable, I knew I would have to do something drastic! I went down an aisle or two and found an abandoned ladder. I grabed the ladder, set it up, and snaged the TIE Bomber!

So, thanks to Dar' Argol and a little, persistance on my part, I FINALLY got the last of my POTJ collection!

:D

Dar' Argol
04-13-2002, 05:08 PM
sith_killer_99, I'm glad to hear you finally got it. Another SW fan goes away happy:happy:. I am not really interested in picking up either of these, but after reading all these posts about "Can't buy TIE" and the PO'ed customer we had that night, I had to get it through to someone. I'm just glad that all of you who got it are happy and those that haven't, keep trying!!

Oh, BTW, like I had to remind anyone, 10 days till the fig release!

P.S. Try not to use those ladders. I would not want to see any of you hurting yourselves just to get a SW fig:(. Ask someone for help.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-14-2002, 03:16 AM
Originally posted by sith_killer_99
It was unreachable, I knew I would have to do something drastic! I went down an aisle or two and found an abandoned ladder. I grabed the ladder, set it up, and snaged the TIE Bomber!

Come on sith killer! Don't you read the little warnings they have on all those top shelves at W-M? If you break your neck doing that again and W-M has to jack up the SW prices to pay for the lawsuit I'll have to take out a second mortgage to afford any new stuff. ;)

Dar Argol, why aren't they making room for the ship exclusives underneath the figures? I found my snowspeeder by the cowboy hats on another aisle. Tell them to throw away that Beyblade crap which is encroaching on my beloved Star Wars pegspace and start stocking everything together.

sith_killer_99
04-14-2002, 10:11 AM
hehehe.

Sorry guys. It was a drastic move on my part. One that seldom ever happens. I guess I got a little carried away. Next time, I will ask for help.

jedi master sal
04-15-2002, 03:18 PM
I am getting the run around! I called my local wal*mart and spoke with the very same MGR that I spoke with on Thurs (4/11). He said that they indeed have them in stock but cannot sell them. When I informed him of the e-mail (time and date especially) he seemed perturbed that I had this information. Again I remained civil but reminded him that these items ae NOT part of the 4/23 promotion and again according to the e-mail were to be put out. He said he would talk to the toy dept mgr and for me to call back. (I know I'm going to be view as a complainer, especially when I call back.) So then I call the wal*mart hotline and get the run around there fro the cust. service rep who says that they have NO knowledge of the e-mail and that it was probably confidential information. They couldn'y confirm the e-mail and were unwilling to investigate further. They did give me a # for their toy buyer dept in ARKANSAS. (How ridiculous!) If I wanted to call long disatnce I would have. That's the idea of having a toll-free line (to help your customers out)
So, I called back and got someone different. This person took my information and put in a request to the manager of my local store to investigate my concern. (again I know i'll probably be labeled a complainer) but hey maybe they should give consumer consideration. we are the ones who keep them in business. Okay, so, the cust service rep said that I should get a call in 2-3 business days and if I don't get the desired response to call them back. Collecting is supposed to be fun and APPALING*MART as I am calling it now is sucking the fun right out of it. enough with the D@MN exclusives. all retailers who want to sell SW should be given the chance. Let them fight it out for customers while we can reap the benefits of finding what we want anywhere instead of being forced to go to different stores.

Alright enough of my ranting. Is anyone else having any luck or do you have similar stories to mine? If so please post.

jedi master sal
04-15-2002, 04:26 PM
I just spoke with the mgr at my local WM and he spoke to the Toy dept mgr as I requested. She said that the e-mail did come through but that another one (MYSTERIOUSLY PULLED OT OF HER A** I BET) came down from the home office and it said that NO Star Wars Items were to be sold prior to 4/23. SO get what you can while their still on the shelves because it will be slim pickins' until the 23rd. (YEAH i know this is just a week away but for collectors like myself, I am going to plunk down $300-400 dollars that day. I'm just looking for a little relief. I explained to the mgr that while WM was sitting on items, other retailer like Target, KB, K-mart, and TRU are selling them. They're making a profit while they(WM) will end up probably losing money on SW (AGAIN) because they just don't simply want to be bothered with sorting out what can and cannot be put out. Their (WM) action (or should I say LACK of ACTION) is going to contribute to stores not carrying them at all. Imagine not being able to find SW at WM. Oh well, I guess that would leave more for TRU, Target and the like. MORE POWER, to the retailers willing to take a chance on SW. They will be the ones who get my business. Wal*MART could have not only made the $40 or so dollars from me from buying the Tie bomber and Snowspeeder but also the $300-400 dollars from the AOTC stuff. I am hereby boycotting WM and urge others to do the same. (of course I know you won't because you'll figure that while myself and other are boycotting you'll be able to find what you want. (They only way we are going to affect WM's policy on stocking our precious toy line is to make a stand and boycotting them is the way to do it. (let them know that you will be purchasing your toys elsewhere because of their SELF-IMPOSED no sale policy!) maybe that will wake them up for the sale of EPIII stuff in three years!!!!!

Eternal Padawan
04-15-2002, 05:09 PM
I am getting the same runaround at my WalMart, sal. The guy I talked to was pretty perturbed that I was privvy to internal e-mails about product. He said regardless of any"e-mails" (and he said that like a jerk) they aren't authorized to put anything out until the "reset' on the 23rd.

I think a WM boycott would backfire. If NOBODY bought any SW stuff (especially after the Episode 1 debacle) WM might just stop carrying the stuff all together. Then we'd be forced to shop at Target for stuff. :o

Dar' Argol
04-15-2002, 06:04 PM
Ok guys, on at a time;).

Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Dar Argol, why aren't they making room for the ship exclusives underneath the figures? I found my snowspeeder by the cowboy hats on another aisle. Tell them to throw away that Beyblade crap which is encroaching on my beloved Star Wars pegspace and start stocking everything together.

The reason that there is not a spot for the TIE and SS is this. When we "set our shelves there is an actual plan to it. It is not random. Everything has its home. Now, the Toy shelves were set shortly after X-Mas. Hasbro released the exclusives about a month ago or so?? ANywho, since everything has a home, the exclusives were not counted for in the "plan". That is why ppl are finding the TIE and SS in weird locations.

Originally posted by jedi master sal
She said that the e-mail did come through but that another one (MYSTERIOUSLY PULLED OT OF HER A** I BET) came down from the home office and it said that NO Star Wars Items were to be sold prior to 4/23.

That is a load of horse manure!!!! I checked my E-mail today and there was no such e-mail, I assure you!

Unfourtunely(sp), I really cannot do more then I have. If I contact the store in question I will be exposed. I can get into a lot of trouble for suppling the info I have to you guys. I am also not a Manager, or a Distric Manager and order them to sell it to you. I am just a punching peon like most ppl. I have giving you all the info I have at the present time. I wish I could do more:(. I really pains me to see that there are some stores that do not care about their customers. If we had anymore jedi master sal, I would buy one and ship it to you. But we sold out. Once again I am sorry:(.

Mandalorian Candidat
04-15-2002, 10:04 PM
At this point I think we are going to have to accept the fact that WM (except for a few stores with illiterate toy stockers) will not put out any new stuff until a week from tomorrow night. I'd like to get a jump on things by already having my TIE so I can concentrate on just getting figures at the MM.

Look at it this way, at least WM will have some exclusives for us to get, and maybe even some BoShek or Zutton waves on 4/23. It may be more at once, but if we are on the lookout at least we'll get them.

Thanks for being a great source of info DA, and also Jedi Rainman. <<clap clap clap>>

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2002, 01:08 AM
Here's my beef. Like DA said, his store has already sold out. I don't want to walk into WM on the 23rd and find out people have called in and gotten "layaways" on the five of each that each store is getting. SO once again I get screwed by the Exclusive arrangement between Hasbro and whomever. What's up with these items not being restocked? This is starting to tick me off BIGTIME.:mad: And I quote...

"I've got a BAD feeling about this..."

jedi master sal
04-16-2002, 01:12 PM
First, not only are they unwilling to help us about this but lie when confronted about it. Denying the e-mail or making one up to counter-act the real one is shady and deceitful.

During this whole ordeal wal*mart employees and managers alike have been pointing the finger at each other. for example: one of the toy dept people basically said the assitant manager I spoke with was an idiot and went further to say that although he may have found it in the computer it doesn't mean they have it in stock. THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT IT MEANS!!!!!!!
The cust service rep on the walmart hotline denied any knowledge of the e-mail and didn't know of the SW 4/23 sale. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE FREAKIN' KIDDIN' ME. What promises to be the biggest toy sale day barring Christmas (even then it will probably beat any one single day of the christmas season for toy sales) hasn't been discussed about with the people of the hotline. again what a JOKE!

This is corporate america at work. Hasbro screws us with unwanted or poorly designed figures and Wal*Mart screws us buy adhereing to a policy that they created just to suit themselves and not help the customer.

I have been thinking that in about 8 years SW will all about disappear into oblivion (for the toy market) and where will WM or especially Hasbro be. They both have made millions off of us. Their just along ridin on the money train untilit derails. Then they'll drop us like hot potatoes. How about listening then to what we truly desire and maybe just maybe they'll make more profit and we'll get the toys we want ie. IMPERIAL SHUTTLE amoung others. I will do as little business with WM as possible. If it means I have to pay 10-12 cents more per figure, oh well. they will not get my money. if I thought that Dar' Argol posts were a bunch of crud I wouldn't have tried AT ALL but I did and still do believe what he said was the truth. Again I do thank you Dar' Argol for your help. You should be commended when so many other of your colleagues are (BITING MY TONGUE HARD) are below the average in customer service. (I wanted to say more explicitly but I know better).

As to boycotting WM and they no longer sell them there well for some of you this would be a tragedy as you don't really have any other means of collecting. So to you who ARE at the mercy of buying from WM or forced to purchase online when you can't buy from them(WM) I wish the best of luck on the 23rd. Definitely as heartfelt as I can make this sound MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU, my fellow collectors! I know that seemed corny to some but to those who got it well you know what I mean.

Lord Malakite
04-16-2002, 01:55 PM
First, not only are they unwilling to help us about this but lie when confronted about it. Denying the e-mail or making one up to counter-act the real one is shady and deceitful.

I know what you mean. I was looking for newer figures at Wal-Mart a few months ago while they were stocking the shelves. An employee approached me and said that it wouldn't do any good looking for newer figures as they were told by the head office that Wal-Marts were not to carry Star Wars any more due to the fact that collectors were buying them instead of children and that they didn't want to hassle with our kind anymore. :mad:

Sith Lord 0498
04-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Obviously that's a load of s***! If Wal-Marts weren't carrying any more Star Wars merchandise, then finding and buying the TIE Bomber wouldn't be too hard. Or we'd just be dealing with an exclusive from Target or TRU.

As for that associate, a couple possibilities. 1) he was sorely misinformed; 2) the manager of that particular store decided not to carry anymore SW toys to avoid "hassling with our kind":frus: ; or 3) he's just jealous that we buy 'em all up on him before he can punch out for lunch and get them himself so he can hold an intergalactic tea party in his backyard along with Barbie and the Transformers!!!! :p

stillakid
04-16-2002, 02:30 PM
I'm a little upset this morning. "Teri" at my local Walmart wasn't so helpful. It would have been one thing if she would have just said that she didn't have any TIE Bombers. However, she said that she did have them, but insisted that there was an April 23rd date on the box and she couldn't bring any out. I explained that it must be a mistake and that the vehicle isn't from the new movie. She shot back with, "How can you be sure, has anyone seen the new movie yet?"

I was under the impression that this situation with Walmart and the dates had all been straightened out. She continued to insist that she'd been through this discussion before and nothing would come out until the 23rd. (She also said that she didn't have many, but they open at 7am on the 23rd, so if I want one, then that's the time.)

What gives? This is b*llsh*t! :mad:

Lord Malakite
04-16-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Sith Lord 0498
Obviously that's a load of s***! If Wal-Marts weren't carrying any more Star Wars merchandise, then finding and buying the TIE Bomber wouldn't be too hard. Or we'd just be dealing with an exclusive from Target or TRU.

As for that associate, a couple possibilities. 1) he was sorely misinformed; 2) the manager of that particular store decided not to carry anymore SW toys to avoid "hassling with our kind":frus: ; or 3) he's just jealous that we buy 'em all up on him before he can punch out for lunch and get them himself so he can hold an intergalactic tea party in his backyard along with Barbie and the Transformers!!!! :p

Yeah, I know that was complete bull too. The fact that he even tried to pull something like that over on me is what really peeves me off.

squee666
04-16-2002, 05:13 PM
I hanve an interesting little story. Well, I went to a local Walmart last night and asked if they had the ship in stock. An assistant manager came out, and told me that they did indeed have them, but would not be able to sell them until the 23rd. I explained the situation and he sent me to customer service. Of course they didn't do anything but gave me an 800 number. I called this morning only to find out they had absolutely no knowledge of any toys they carry. They told me to call the store manager of the particular location. So, I spoke with the store manager only to have him be completely rude, refuse to look in the back, and accuse me of being a customer who had called earlier that day. He was completely disrespectful. Needles to say a complaint has been filed against him. I am waiting to speak to the district manager within the next couple of days. You know, at this point I can wait until the 23rd. But after this kind of treatment, I will see that he gets what he deserves. Perhaps fired??:) Oh sweet revenge!!

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2002, 08:14 PM
So if all these Wal Marts are getting more than five calls on these things before they come out, do you think it entered any of thier little pea brains that it might be a good idea to have MORE than five of each on hand when they open on the 23rd?

Probably not. I'm afraid I will have to run some of you down with a shopping cart... Sorry in advance. ;)

stillakid
04-16-2002, 11:44 PM
I just got an email from my brother who works in a Walmart far far far away from me. Here's what he had to say:

so far all that i have seen come into the store is only supposed to be released on the 23rd. all the product is being stamped at the warehouse do not set until april 23. there doesn't seem to be much excitement about the new stuff out here yet. by the way, corporate office put a block on the upc's of the new star wars product so it won't even scan at the registers.

But, that's nothing we haven't heard before. Just somebody at the top being stupid about it all.

jedi master sal
04-17-2002, 08:42 AM
Er I guess I mean Eternal Padawan. I will probably be one of those running to get those ships too. My WM has been a real pain in the arse about this whole thing. I plan on being there right after work on Monday the 22nd. If they say I'm loitering I will show them my list (I have already compiled and printed it) to them and let them see that I plan on spending $438.(and some odd cents), If this doesn't shut them up then I will leave and return every hour on the hour until I don't get sent away or I see others lining up. I really wish TRU in my area was having the Midnight Madness as I would rather take my business there but unfortunately 2 things, one, D@mn WM snowspeeder and tie bomber exclusives and two they aren't opening at midnight so WM wins by default. I will however buy all of my multiples and the other stuff I do not plan on buying on the 23rd and will buy later at TRU.

Lord Malakite
04-18-2002, 06:58 AM
If they say I'm loitering I will show them my list (I have already compiled and printed it) to them and let them see that I plan on spending $438.(and some odd cents), If this doesn't shut them up then I will leave and return every hour on the hour until I don't get sent away or I see others lining up.

I guess I'll know where jedi master sal will be on the 23rd., a police station. :D

jedi master sal
04-19-2002, 04:33 PM
I called back to the WalMart hotline and they will be contacting the store today. If I don't get a response by tonight I am to call back on Monday and they will get the District manager involved.

Sometimes you have to take a chance and fight for what you believe in. (if the rebels hadn't were would they be now) HA HA HA!

anyway, I hope this gets me somewhere. just not holding my breath!

Dar' Argol
04-20-2002, 02:06 AM
I called back to the WalMart hotline and they will be contacting the store today. If I don't get a response by tonight I am to call back on Monday and they will get the District manager involved.

Sometimes you have to take a chance and fight for what you believe in. (if the rebels hadn't were would they be now) HA HA HA!

anyway, I hope this gets me somewhere. just not holding my breath!

Glad to hear you finally getting somewhere Sal. Its a shame though that by Mon night all this stuff will be out. I kinda think they gave you the run-around until this time so they would not see in the wrong. In another 3 days all of this will be over and we will all have something new to b**** about. And this thread will drop down to the bottom of the pile. Ohhh, "my baby":rolleyes: