PDA

View Full Version : Any other SW collectors out there that now collect Lord of the Rings toys?

JediDan
04-10-2002, 06:12 PM
I just started collecting LOTR figures the ones by Toy Biz based on the Movie(s) I buy just one of each and I don't open them. They look pretty cool unopened sitting on my shelf. Any of you started collecting them also with your Star Wars collection? If so do you know of any online stores that are good to purchase them from? The only stores around Minneapolis that sell them are TRU and they only have the old old ones, so I am stuck buying them online now. I had a hard time finding Gandalf and Strider but I did finally get them from Ebay. It's a fun line of toys to collect. Still waiting for a Gandalf figure with Horse and cart from the beginning of the movie, that would be so cool.:)

JediDan
04-10-2002, 06:19 PM
I can't believe the value these figures are. Look at all you get for $8. Big 6-7 inch figure, LOTS of accessories, and some come with platform (backgrounds) to set the figs with. Now where does all that money for the SW figs go? You get little figs with little accessories, (though they have changed with AOTC) all for $6-7. All that extra money must go for licensing. SW figs in my opinion shouldn't be over $5.

Dar' Argol
04-10-2002, 06:30 PM
I got the Ring Wraith w/o the Horse and I opened him as soon as I got it home! Man is that a cool fig. I really like the fact that there is no "head" in the cloak. If the light hits him right he really looks evil:evil:!

JediDan
04-10-2002, 06:37 PM
No kidding?? He doesn't have a head? Well it sounds like they made the toys authentically. :) I should get me another Ringwraith to open up. That IS one cool looking figure.

Dar' Argol
04-10-2002, 06:42 PM
Yeah, there is a void where his head is. The hood is molded over his shoulders, with no noggin to be found.:eek:

Wolfwood319
04-10-2002, 07:16 PM
I also collect the LOTR toys, as I've stated in the other ump-teen threads about this topic on this forum. I buy and open. They look great all out of their packaging and standing around. My favorite so far is either the Legolas or Cave Troll. Both are incredible and among my favortie toys of all time.

Keep a look out for 2-packs series 2 (Gimli/Uruk Hai, Frodo/Sam w/Boat) and Figures series 3 (Aarogorn, Elrond, Orc Warrior, Bilbo.)

Rollo Tomassi
04-10-2002, 10:31 PM
I bought the Fellowship so I could have them traipsing across my DVD case. I still need an Aragorn because the Strider one isn't as good as the one coming out later in the year. I also got the ROCK TROLL! That is one SWEET toy! The Lurtz that comes with Boromir fires his own bow! How cool is that? I agree, Dar Argol, the ringwraith is awesome. Now that I want to buy multiples all I can find is that stupid Arwen with moldy Frodo. Feh.

bigbarada
04-11-2002, 12:54 PM
I've bought several of these already; but am a little limited by space. Since these figures are, on average, so much larger than SW figures, I have much less room to display them.

I do agree about the Cave Troll, it is one of the coolest toys of all time! I've got him fighting Frodo, Sam and Gimli on my shelf. Why can't Hasbro make a Rancor like this?

JediDan
04-11-2002, 01:19 PM
Yes the cave troll is just flat out awesome. He was so easy to find before I started collecting but now that I started to collect I cannot find him. Just like SW collecting. :crazed: Otherwise I have everyone else except for the 2 horses and the very new figs, Orc Warrior, Aragon, Elrond, and Bilbo. I can only find them on EBay, and I hate buying from Ebay. I'll keep looking around .