PDA

View Full Version : I almost turned to the dark side...

dexter_finster
04-10-2002, 10:46 PM
...by almost bidding on ebay for some of the AotC lightsabers they have for sale there...

oh man these last 12 days are going to be murder...

DeadEye
04-10-2002, 10:57 PM
I know. But don't give in to hate...don't take the quick and easy path. :)

NesteaFett
04-10-2002, 11:35 PM
Yes, take the path to obsession and hit up K-Mart and Wal-Mart every night. You loose sleep, but save money and your urge is purged. Awe, what am I talking about I sucumbed to the darkside years ago.

LTBasker
04-11-2002, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by NesteaFett
Yes, take the path to obsession and hit up K-Mart and Wal-Mart every night. You loose sleep, but save money and your urge is purged. Awe, what am I talking about I sucumbed to the darkside years ago.

How do you save money with the gas prices? :D

Rollo Tomassi
04-11-2002, 12:26 AM
I only buy vintage on eBay. Who are those chuckleheads who pay $40 for a PRESELL?!?!

Now that D'Ar Argol has single handedly changed Wal-Mart policy on TIE Bombers and Snowspeeders, I'll be driving there all the time. (gas is negligble. I only live 5 blocks away...)

2-1B
04-11-2002, 12:46 AM
I turned to the dark side by paying 10.99 at KMart for a Deluxe Dooku tonight. :( All they had were the deluxe wave and the Slave I . . . it was at least exciting to see new product. I was curious if they had a "no sale" thing like WM, so I gave it a try.

But I plan to turn back to the good side when I return it next week. :D

I agree, eBay can be great for vintage. I filled a lot of needs that way, at good prices. :)

dexter_finster
04-11-2002, 07:54 AM
heh! if turning to the darkside includes buying stuff put out in stores early, I'm there already as I bought AotC figures 1-14 that way a couple wks ago, but lightsabers are my real passion, and none of the stores in my area have shown any of those early yet...

JEDIpartner
04-11-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Caesar
All they had were the deluxe wave and the Slave I . . .

Duuuuuude... I totally want the SLAVE I. None of the K-Marts here have them... what's up with that!!!

BTW- "Aren't you a little FAT to be a Stormtrooper?" ;)

dr_evazan22
04-11-2002, 10:43 AM
I was/am looking forward to the lightsabers also. I was in my W-M a few nights ago and saw a case. I opened it and at first I thought I had the mother load! It turned out to be a kids 'saber w/ headset and utility belt.

2-1B
04-11-2002, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Duuuuuude... I totally want the SLAVE I. None of the K-Marts here have them... what's up with that!!!

Well, they had around 6, and seeing it on the shelf was really tempting. :( I guess the price isn't bad considering it's just over the cost of 2 deluxe figs. :p

evenflow
04-11-2002, 11:32 AM
I wish I would find some new products. Everything is tapped dry around me.

hango fett
04-11-2002, 11:46 AM
i can't even find a figure in a 25 mille radius of my house in any direction!

LTBasker
04-11-2002, 03:37 PM
I got a Plo and Battle Droid off of ebay for some not bad prices, been looking around just cheap auctions so I can possibly get some April 23rd stuff for cheaper prices and I'll have more money and less to get on the 23rd. Plo and the Battle Droid are very awesome too! :cool:

corporal AMF
04-11-2002, 03:46 PM
Just ordered the preview 4 from Entertainmet Earth...

Will wait till they cheap......I assure you that collection 1 (basic & deluxe) will decrease their price when Coll. 2 arrives

Well anyone knows, but just can't wait....
Concentrateeee!!