PDA

View Full Version : the "Rock" also complains about toys!:)

derek
04-10-2002, 09:49 PM
i saw an interview with the wrestling star, THE ROCK, who was promoting his new film, "the scorpion king". anyway, he was complaining about the toys from the film. he said his toy looked like a crack addict, while michael clark duncan's looked like fat albert. i bet the makers of these toys can't be too happy with this.

i've seen the toys, and the rock's character looks like he's been sucking on a lemon.:) and they said on the package that real scan was used.

see, it's not just us that complains.:)

SirSteve
04-10-2002, 10:14 PM
Do you remember what show it was?

LTBasker
04-10-2002, 11:17 PM
Real Scan was used on the package? Well that's pointless, I think the figure would've been better off getting the real scan... :rolleyes: :happy:

2-1B
04-10-2002, 11:50 PM
They real scanned the Rock's package? :confused:

I remember when Sammy Jackson compared his two figs (Preview and E1) and he was not impressed with one . . . but he complimented the other. :) At least Hasbro was batting .500 there. :rolleyes:

JediTricks
04-10-2002, 11:56 PM
I wonder if The Rock ever saw his hideous Mummy Returns figure (which WAS real-scan, supposedly). That thing gave new meaning to the word "ugly".

Beast
04-11-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
I wonder if The Rock ever saw his hideous Mummy Returns figure (which WAS real-scan, supposedly). That thing gave new meaning to the word "ugly".
So, what you saying is...it looked exactly like the Rock, right? :D But yeah, while the real-scan on the E2 figures looks pretty good, the other instances of them using Real-scan looks "real-bad".

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
04-11-2002, 12:19 AM
I think most of those Jakks WWF figures look terrible, so I didn't expect much with the Scorpion King line either. Even those Mummy Returns figures were horrible.

LTBasker
04-11-2002, 12:40 AM
2 bad figures from 2 different lines, hmm, I wonder if theres a hint to caught anywhere in there. :p

Btw Caesar, Sam said he liked the preview one over the regular one.

2-1B
04-11-2002, 12:56 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Btw Caesar, Sam said he liked the preview one over the regular one.

Good, 'cause I prefer the preview one too. :D

derek
04-11-2002, 07:47 AM
sir steve,

i'm not sure what show it was on, but it was probably the fox news channel's "fox report with shepard smith". but i could be wrong. it was a real quick clip of the interview

JetsAndHeels
04-11-2002, 08:34 AM
Those figures are bad. The real scan looks good on some characters, but the Rock figures have never looked good. I remember the first ones before real scan and they had an incredibly goofy look on all the faces. Real scan did improve this on some characters, like HHH, but the Rock needs a good figure that looks like him and does him some justice.
And I agree with him, the toys from The Scorpion King look like crap.

Taichi
04-12-2002, 01:15 PM
I like the preview Mace too.....

what I don't get is, why wasn't that the Mace we got on the card???

we got the same damn STAP......

during the vintage days, they sent you the preview figure, and it was the SAME figure as the one they put on cards.....just a little earlier than everybody else got theirs.......

so why did it change this time around?????

I DIDN'T get the preview Mace, because I decided to "Wait until the carded version comes out".....but when it did, it was totally different.....

I hate the huge cloak that the carded one comes with.....I want them *****in' robes the SP figure came with!!!!

dr_evazan22
04-12-2002, 01:39 PM
Did they "flip" Rock's image so that they sculpted the wrong eyebrow up?

Did they forget to include the scratch-n-sniff so we can smell what the Rock is cooking?

BTW Ceasar, your latest avatar is so freaking hideous! I was repusled when I first saw it.

I read Dereks post, w/ his cute avatar, then scrolled down and BAM! :)

JediTricks
04-12-2002, 04:52 PM
Taichi, the red-box STAP has a better paint job than the green-box preview version, but I see what you're getting at. I think Hasbro wanted the Mace that came in box to be special while the carded one was supposed to be a real action figure.

Taichi
04-12-2002, 07:18 PM
I know, I know.......

But at least the STAPs were the same sculpt!

2-1B
04-13-2002, 09:29 PM
I saw the Scorp figure of *in a gravelly Vince McMahon voice* Tha Rrrrawk today, and the criticisms are all valid. Not only does his visage feature a lemon sucking pose, the whole mouth could be better utililized in a Rocky Balboa sculpt. :(

InsaneJediGirl
05-05-2002, 08:36 PM
I saw this figure yesterday!It looks like Mr.T and Chyna the wrestler had a baby.:crazed: It did look a bit articulated..which is good I suppose.