PDA

View Full Version : I hold in my hand, the Episode 1 DVD!!

mrhat
09-01-2001, 01:27 AM
Yes you heard right, i mrhat have in my very left hand an official Episode 1- The Phantom Menace DVD, how, might you ask, well those nice folks in Japan al ready have one, in english (with Chinese and Japanese Subtitles) The Resolution, is excellent, and although i cannot read any language except ours, the words, Jedi, Obi-Wan, Yoda, and other characters are the same in chinese! any way i will also pick up the american dvd in october, all i have left to do, is to see what these other menu bars do, hmm.. ill post on that later. Oh By the way, i got it for 16 dollars!!

The One
09-01-2001, 02:53 AM
Bro I hate to break it to you, but that's been out for like a year now. I saw that a year ago, and it's absolutely nothing like what the American DVD is going to be like. It has none of the features the American one will. Also the VCD/DVD whatever you want to call its, go for $5 in China, Hong Kong, or wherever you can find them. But it's still a cool thing I guess, just not exactly what you think it is......

Slicker
08-26-2005, 06:18 PM
That's nothing. I've got it bootlegged on VHS!

2-1B
08-27-2005, 12:04 AM
Ahhh yes, the April 2000 VHS release . . . at the time, my sister was working some side job hours at a video store and scored me a wicked cool poster for the VHS release. I still have it and it says "Be the first to own on video."

Kinda depressing though, wasn't it ? I mean all those other movies at the time were coming out on DVD but not TPM, only on video for that little feller. Weird really, considering LFL should have been ahead of the proverbial curve on that one. :rolleyes:

JimJamBonds
08-27-2005, 02:14 AM
Ahhh yes, the April 2000 VHS release . . .

Kinda depressing though, wasn't it ? I mean all those other movies at the time were coming out on DVD but not TPM, only on video for that little feller. Weird really, considering LFL should have been ahead of the proverbial curve on that one. :rolleyes:

This way they got all the humps out there to double up and buy each.

CaptainSolo1138
08-27-2005, 11:47 PM
I've got the TPM DVD, too. What's the big deal? :confused: :pleased:

JimJamBonds
08-27-2005, 11:52 PM

Don't feel bad Cap I have the widescreen version and the pan and scan. :crazed:

bobafrett
08-27-2005, 11:52 PM

Yes, I don't understand what the big dile-o id, I got EP I on DVD many years ago. I also have EP II on DVD, and I am awaiting EP III coming out November 1st.

Slicker
08-28-2005, 12:51 AM
Some people just aren't "fans" like us I guess.