PDA

View Full Version : Ssg Please Answer

Jangu Fett
04-10-2002, 10:00 PM
Anyone, please, throw us a bone. We need to know whats going on with the AOTC Action Fleet. Does anyone have prototype photos? Anything, news, rumors, anything?????

JediTricks
04-11-2002, 12:27 AM
Nothing just yet beyond Hasbro's "they're coming in the fall" (which means "end of summer" probably).

XLB
04-11-2002, 06:07 PM
Maybe this could be interesting (just another theory) :

http://www.rebelscum.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000079

SWAFMAN
04-11-2002, 08:56 PM
that sux

JediTricks
04-12-2002, 03:16 PM
Ok, I'll look into this further. I'll be super peeved if this is the actual case, and I'll DEFINITELY send our old petition to Lucasfilm to show them what we said to Hasbro.

ARTOO
04-12-2002, 03:30 PM
Isn't that funny? Some day, no one will have ever even heard of Star Wars micromachines. They'll wonder how all these people here on this board gravitated to this specific forum. Believe it or not, I only really got into Star Wars after I started buying Micromachines. I only started buying micromachines after they started having the little HO figures with them. I am an HO scale plastic figure collector. After I started getting these sets for the figures, I had to start watching the movies to get an idea how these figures could be used. I have always been into military history, not sci-fi. Thankfully, Galoob micromachines turned me onto a pretty cool movie series. Now of course, I am in the minority, so Hasblow and Lucasfilm could probably care less how cancelling micromachines will affect future customers, but hey, I'm an example of what can happen. Lucasfilm makes movies so they aren't probably overly concerned about some toy-related decisions made by HASBLOW. But in my opinion, Lucas should have made Hasblow re-apply for the opportunity to win the license for micromachines when Hasblow aquired the line in the Galoob buyout. The license shouldn't have been a "given". I don't feel Hasblow was the right company to make micromachines. And micromachines have been a good thing for Lucasfilm. This may sound incredulous to some of you on the board here, but I am not sure yet if I am going to see ep2 now. I have no incentive. I certainly won't be able to recreate any of the scenes from the movie. And that's a shame, from what I've heard, there will be some good battle sequences, with large armies I sure would have liked to replicate (or is it clone?).
ARTOO

SWAFMAN
04-12-2002, 03:44 PM
Artoo, do you collect Battle Squads?

Jangu Fett
04-13-2002, 06:36 PM
Artoo you are absolutly right Lucasfilm should have made Hasblow(Great name for them, BTW) apply for Galoob. Ever since they got the rights to the Action Fleet/ Micro Machines line they went downhill.

Jeditricks, don't look into this. Just send the Petition into Lucasfilm. Hasblow has, in my opinion, No right to be the only company to make Star Wars Toys.

XLB
04-14-2002, 08:47 AM
Obviously Hasbro plans a relaunch of some "classic" items before releasing the AOTC-stuff.

I have found these Toy Fair 2002 - reports:

http://www.starwars.com/collecting/feature/20020210/indexp8.html

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/categories/Action_Fleet.html

http://www.action-figure.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=493

Seems they will not add figures to the vehicles

Jangu Fett
04-14-2002, 10:36 AM
If hasbro is going to release the new AOTC Action Fleet without figures, the line will not last more than a couple of weeks. No one would buy them. And if anyone does buy them, They'll need the old AF figures to full them. If they are new buyers of the line, it will be pretty hard to get figures for the ships.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
04-14-2002, 06:26 PM
If you didn't get a chance to check it out, look at the news section of the forum and read the article about the TRU employee who has interesting information regarding the upcoming AOTC Saga EP II toys.

good shot jansen
04-15-2002, 07:19 PM
pushed back to june eh? considering that the last i hoid, they wasn't even going to release those retreads until august to test the af waters :rolleyes: (phuleeeez, like those waters really need testing anyway:mad: )

so maybe there's hope yet. gawd knows i need some, cause it's been real hard for me to git interested about anything having to do with micro machines lately.

i've further observed, that mason ain't exactly losing any sleep lately about anything micro machines. due to a lack of product for him to look forward to (remember how in the old days, galoob would post a picture of the upcoming toys, and how your mouth would water just over the very thought of tracking one of em down to have for your very own in your hot little hands?:happy: ), well due to a three year absence of anything remotely resmbling that kind of anticipation, hasbro is losing what should have been their main targeted customer, a 7 year old boy with a parent who shares his love for these things:(

mason has lately moved on, so to speak, to bionicle pastures. none of his friends at school are into star wars at all. the new toy which has all their attention these days is lego bionicles. the battle fields of action fleet and micro machine lore have been replaced with the torn and scattered parts of bionicle warriors. i don't know if mason is ever going to get back into micro machines, but certainly, not having anything new for so long, definetely hasn't helped the situation any:frus:

and as some of you may have already guessed (it's been awhile since i've made an appearance here)(fine example for the moderator to be settin' :cry: ), as his interest in micro machines is waning, so too unfortunately is mine. i love the joy of sharing this hobby with him, since he's begun to lose interest, it just doesn't feel the same anymore for me. :(

i am hoping so much, that when aotc comes out, and after mason and i see it together, his interest and love for star wars micro machines toys return, and that once again this will all become the great fun that i have loved sharing with him for so long.

lets see, this is 2002, and i 1st started gettting into the galoob star wars toy line in 1995.....i guess 7 years is a good run, devoting so much time and energy into one toy line.

i didn't mean fer this to turn into a melancholy rant, but sadly, that's where my micromachines mind is these days.

np:down - cheap trick

haggie
04-16-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by Jangu Fett
If hasbro is going to release the new AOTC Action Fleet without figures, the line will not last more than a couple of weeks. No one would buy them.

I couldn't disagree more. I am not interested in AF figures at all. The vehicles are incredibly detailed, yet they come with ridiculous looking, poorly detailed figures. I realize that there is only so much you can do to make a figure that small look good, but the figures are so poor that they are pretty worthless to me. As long as I get new vehicles I am happy. With or without figures. I'd even take new AFs if the figures were molded into the vehicles instead of being removable.

Jangu Fett
04-16-2002, 07:56 PM
That is your opinion, and you are entitled to it, but what you are asking for is essentially a larger version of the die cast vehicles or a pre assembled, pre painted model.

haggie
04-16-2002, 08:54 PM
Actually, what I am asking for are new Action Fleets, not a larger version of the die cast vehicles or a pre assembled, pre painted models. I'd rather get figures with the AFs than not, but if they end up releasing new AFs without figures to cut costs I will still buy them.

Jangu Fett
04-16-2002, 10:26 PM
Haggie, I hope you don't think I'm arguing with you, I'm not. If Hasbro is releasing a new, no figures AF, I'll get some of the items. Depending on what ship it is, and what it looks like. I would prefer to see figures with the ships, because the AF would apeal to both collectors and kids. And being both(;) :D ), I can appreciate the collectablity, and playablity of such a line. And being a father, its great to see a toy line that both, my son, and I can enjoy playing with. We are both really looking forward to a new Slave-1 with a Jango Fett figure.

haggie
04-17-2002, 12:00 AM
No rudeness intended, nor received, Jangu Fett. The problem with posting in a forum is that what you mean and what is interpreted in a post are often different.

I love AFs because of they are detailed, inexpensive, come with a cool display stand, and because most of the vehicles actually end up being made which is great!

AF figures are important to you, as is probably the case with most AF collectors. I'd rather have them than not, but I want to see new AFs either way. What really matters here is we care enough about our AFs to be talking about what we expect from the line. That just shows how much we love this line! We need some new AFs!

JediTricks
04-17-2002, 02:36 AM
IMO, Action Fleet is not Action Fleet without pilots and figures to interact with the vehicles, that's part of what makes these things so great - they're toys AND they look fantastic.

I've still not heard back from Hasbro, so I'm going to give it till the end of the week and then go over their proverbial heads to Lucas Licensing. I would rather follow the chain of command or at least try to do this through channels that have an INKLING of will to accept the petition from me, but it's looking grim and I am sick of Hasbro's bullpuckey.