PDA

View Full Version : Shades of Akira???

Taichi
04-11-2002, 10:09 AM
Am I the only one who's getting these overtones???

Anakin loses his arm, Anakin goes crazy......Anakin discovers a new power inside him, that corrupts him....

I know it's a longshot, but there ARE some similarities.....

although, I would not compare Dooku with Kaneda.....it's more like Obi-Wan is Kaneda......

Wolfwood319
04-11-2002, 10:43 AM
I never noticed it, but Anakin is a lot like Tetsuo. Wierd...:stupid:

Of course I never understood the ending to Akira, sad thing is I'm a huge Akira fan and have seen the movie at least 50 times..:rolleyes:

Palpatine would be more like the General or Akira. Battledroids would be like the Clown gang. Those creepy kids would be like the other Jedi, maybe. I don't know, but the parallels are similar.

Jargo
04-14-2002, 04:16 PM
Can't wait to see the anime version of AOTC. this should translate really well to anime style with all the speeder chase and explosions and jedi battles and explosions and the dismemberment is so anime. blood spilling everywhere in slow motion.
Maybe Lucas should have gone the animation route with the movies instead. Then he could have achieved what he wanted to way back and had one long running series of star wars tales. maybe it's the next step in the evolution of the saga - to transfer from real flesh and blood actors to animated ones. A totally digital galaxy. People like Chris Lee and Sam Jackson reduced to lowly voice talent jobs. Model makers and costumiers and prop makers and all the crews out of a job and replaced by digital artists. scary.

JEDIpartner
04-14-2002, 06:27 PM
Don't even mention that Jargo! Have you gone mad?? Well... of course you have. It's quite apparent. That's okay... we still do like you!

Some of us more than others...

Wolfwood319
04-14-2002, 06:30 PM
I liked the Manga graphic novels that came out during the SE. I thought they were very nicely done. Everyone looked more bad *** in the manga then they did in the movie, which I thought was cool. Even Ben was cool looking.

I'd like to see an anime adaptation of Star Wars, I think it would be interesting.

BTW, I love the quote Taichi, nice touch. Not as cool as "Angels forced from Heaven become demons" though. ;)

LTBasker
04-14-2002, 10:53 PM
Just a tidbit of misc. info but a LucasFilm employee designed and named the Akira starship class for Star Trek which was first featured in First Contact. Maybe Akira snuck it's way into LucasFilm and is another place where George gets inspiration from?