PDA

View Full Version : Hanger Duel Anakin (SPOILERS)

Lord Malakite
04-11-2002, 12:18 PM
I've just learned from reading the back of his card that like Zam, this Anakin figure will also have a removable arm.

CrossWizard
04-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Cool, but Im still not sure about the whole spinning hand gimmick, I hope it doesnt ruin the figure articulation-wise.

Wolfwood319
04-11-2002, 12:45 PM
I hope the "wheel" that you use to turn his wrist isn't large and obtrusive. Overall the better Anakin coming out so far, IMO. Still not sure about all these slashing action gimmicks, though.

Starfig873
04-11-2002, 12:50 PM
Guess we'll have to wait and see, won't we?
Although I must admit it's VERY hard to tell, I don't think the wheel thingy on his back is going ot be too...horrendous. So to speak. :p

Lord Tenebrous
04-11-2002, 02:25 PM
Hopefully we'll get an Anakin without the levers and screws and just get a nice sculpt that's accurate. The whole arm shouldn't be removeable, but I guess Lucasfilm didn't give Hasbro a lot of information to work with, so I'll let that slide.

Based on the pictures floating around, a high-quality resculpt of Anakin could be fabulous. I'd like it to be deluxe, so we can get the Swoop Bike, and cloth clothing, so we can get lots of articulation.

And a more accurate battle wound that can be replaced with something neato.:)

JonoFett
04-11-2002, 02:29 PM
He's an improvement on Anakin #1. Just can't wait for the Dooku-Skywalker 2-pack with Sith Lightning, assuming of course they release a 2-pack, which I doubt.

corporal AMF
04-11-2002, 03:37 PM
A #3 resculpt is needed for Anakin!!!!

A Coruscant Anakin, with robes and standing position would be my favourite, I know it , but gotta wait for a year to see it

corporal AMF
04-11-2002, 03:43 PM
A Good sculpt of OBiWan is a MUST also!!

evenflow
04-11-2002, 04:09 PM
I think that Hasbro is going a little overboard with all the features. One is cool, but too many is too many. Not allof the figures shoudl have it.

jblodgett
04-11-2002, 04:25 PM
I am not big on the whole spinning arm thing (sounds kind of goofy) but I like the removable right arm.

My question is-- does he lose his HAND (i.e. at the wrist similar to Luke in ESB) or does he lose his ARM (i.e. at or near the elbow)??

It would seem logical that we would get an Anakin with a removable hand/arm and a replacement metallic one.

I agree-- the Hangar Duel Anakin is leagues better than the vintage style one.

LTBasker
04-11-2002, 04:42 PM
So when do we get Hotrod Anakin and Obi-Wan? The slots in the Hotrod appear to be too small for either of the 2 Obi-Wans or Anakin.

therock0603
04-11-2002, 05:22 PM
Please include SPOILER in the topic!!!! Geez.

Beast
04-11-2002, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by therock0603
Please include SPOILER in the topic!!!! Geez.
therock, check out the warning at the start of the saga forums. The whole area is ripe with spoilers, and so are the figures. Zam, Jar Jar, Anakin, Dooku, and many of the other figures have massive spoilers on the toys, and on the back of the cards. Don't be upset about spoilers, in an area that has been okayed for them.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

therock0603
04-11-2002, 06:49 PM
Don't be upset about spoilers, in an area that has been okayed for them.

um.... I never said I was upset that there are spoilers. I'm just asking people to be polite and think of other people when they post messages that contain spoilers by simply typing the 8 letters that it takes to spell "spoilers" in the topic. I've seen plenty of people who have done this. It's not hard.

Paul-Kenobi
04-11-2002, 11:42 PM
From the Episode II Visual Gide it confurms Anakin Loses His HAND, but its is still unclear if he loses his elbow or just his hand.

Note that hasbro has/is doing things that you wont see in the film.

FACT #1 Zam Wessles arm isnt cut off only her blaster by Obi-Wan.

FACT #2 Anakin dose not use Obi-Wans lightsaber, as it says on anakins card it is unknown what happins to Obi-Wan's saber.

FACT #3 Count Dooku use's a BLUE bladed lightsaber in the moive, with his RED saber he does not use a GREEN blade.

Be at note that only fact 2 is an offical fact, 1 and 3 could be wrong but the stuff i have been reading shows that A if Zam's arm was cut off she wouldnt have enough stranth to still be talking to Obi-Wan and anakin as if she wasnt ingerd. B Count Dooku could of still grabed a green lightsaber if laying there.

Beast
04-12-2002, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
FACT #1 Zam Wessles arm isnt cut off only her blaster by Obi-Wan. Be at note that only fact 2 is an offical fact, 1 and 3 could be wrong but the stuff i have been reading shows that A if Zam's arm was cut off she wouldnt have enough stranth to still be talking to Obi-Wan and anakin as if she wasnt ingerd.
I believe she looses part of her arm, at the elbow. It's foreshadowing similar events in ANH, where Ponda Baba lost his arm at the elbow. She would have the strength, remember the lightsaber cauterizes the wound on most creatures. So she wouldn't be weakened by blood lost. It's tramatic, yes. But alot of people here in RL, loose limbs in accidents and are able to get to a doctor, or atleast help. And she is a Bounty Hunter, so would be more physically able to keep going after an injury. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
04-12-2002, 12:11 AM
its ESB all over again :D don't forget luke cut off the wampas arm

wait i just realised something EVERYONE GETS THERE ARMS CUT OFF WOO HOO!!!

weird eh?

Beast
04-12-2002, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
wait i just realised something EVERYONE GETS THERE ARMS CUT OFF WOO HOO!!! weird eh?
Like I said before, Lucas must have some weird dismemberment fetish. There are so many instances of people getting arms, hands, and heads cut off (or broken off). Heck, Maul got cut in half. Here are the ones that I can remember off hand. :D

TPM:
Maul (Got cut in half)

AOTC:
Zam Wesell (From the elbow down)
Anakin (From the elbow down, unless changed to hand only)
C-3PO (Gets his head switched with a Battle Droid)

ANH:
Ponda Baba's Arm (From the Elbow down)
C-3PO (Lost his left arm, after falling down a cliff)

ESB:
Wampa (Arm)
Darth Vader (Dagobah Spirit's head)
C-3PO (Kinda Went to pieces on Cloud City)
Luke (Lost his hand to Vader)

ROTJ:
Darth Vader (Lost his robotic hand to Luke)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
04-12-2002, 04:23 AM
Yeah and you should check out Jedi Knight II, you can set it to dismember people and they'll get their heads, legs, arms, hands shins, wrists cut-off or even just flat-out get cut in half. :D

I wonder when we will get Hotrod Obi and Anakin, they really needed to be pack-ins. :( They slots appear to be too small than for even Obi-Wan (Pilot) or Anakin (Hangar Duel) plus it looks like they need cloth "skirts" to be able to sit down in there properly... Hasbro didn't learn from the Flash Speeder incident I guess.

Wolfwood319
04-12-2002, 04:56 AM
I'm sure either at the end of this year or early next year we'll get "soft goods'' Obi-Wan and Anakin. But yeah, we do need versions that sit in the speeder, and still look decent. Of course I've wanted a hooded Obi-Wan to fit into Luke's Speeder forever, and I still haven't gotten one....:(

CrossWizard
04-12-2002, 07:59 AM
AOTC:
Zam Wesell (From the elbow down)
Anakin (From the elbow down, unless changed to hand only)
C-3PO (Gets his head switched with a Battle Droid)

Add to that:

Jango Fett(Gets head lopped off by Mace Windu)

Beast
04-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by CrossWizard
Add to that:
Jango Fett(Gets head lopped off by Mace Windu)
Oh yeah, duh. How could I have forgotten that. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

CrossWizard
04-12-2002, 04:11 PM
If you think about it almost the whole toy line has something to do with dismemberment, I just remembered the Acklay beast comes with a belly slicing action where his purple entrails pop out.

On a side not, I just cant wait for the movie, and see what kind of reaction Mace gives Jango after slicing his head off. Maybe he'll give one of those ****ed off bad assed stares, or maybe they wont even give that scene any importance and go along with the battle like nothing happened.

BanthaPoodoo
04-12-2002, 04:22 PM
Not really dismemberment but the tauntaun gets its stomach cut open and all the guts (balloons) come flying out.

DeadEye
04-12-2002, 04:24 PM
Oh, and don't forget in ESB Han sliced the tauntaun across the stomach and its intestines spilled out.

"And I thought they smelled bad on the outside!"

Oh, sorry banthapoodoo--I typed this post before yours appeared. Sorry. :(

Lord Malakite
04-12-2002, 08:19 PM
Don't forget, Cliegg Lars loses his leg to Tuskin Raiders.

Beast
04-12-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by Lord_Malakite
Don't forget, Cliegg Lars loses his leg to Tuskin Raiders.
Never thought of that, but yeah...that's another one. I don't think that it's shown on screen though, unless it happens in a flashback. Still more proof of Lucas' weird dismemberment fetish. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi_Rainman
04-13-2002, 04:14 AM
Thats like cool. I didn't know he ever lost his arm before episodes 4, 5 or 6