PDA

View Full Version : AT-ATs from TRU Sale

ACPin
09-01-2001, 11:32 AM
I finally got the chance to use the AT-ATs that I bought from the TRU sale!

Hoth Imperial Hardware (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=ssnews2.setup&category=starwars&topic=29&show_article=16)

The vintage one was bought from way back for only a buck. :cool:

ACPin
09-07-2001, 08:14 AM
I would have expected at least some kind of response on this topic from those who've also bought the AT-ATs for $10 @. If you did, what did you do with yours?

JEDIpartner
09-07-2001, 09:35 AM
I was unable to find any at that price and therefore am slowly turning to the dark side.

I hope you are able to understand my anger...

Just kidding. Truthfully, I wasn't able to find any at the local TRUs (sadman here) :( ... but I checked out your photos. Very cool!!!!:p

Obi-Don
09-07-2001, 10:31 AM
Wasn't able to get there to get any more,but I have one of each.Liked what you did.:)

bigbarada
09-07-2001, 01:42 PM
Overall I was pretty disappointed with the POTF2 AT-AT as IMO they removed all of it's coolest features. However, IF I had seen them at TRU for $10 I'd have been all over them like flies on....well, you know.

JEDIpartner
09-07-2001, 03:19 PM
... Bantha poodoo?

Mandalorian Candidat
09-07-2001, 04:55 PM
There's no way I would have paid more than $20 for those AT-ATs. I just cannot justify the original $80+ cost. How can that pile of plastic be worth that amount? Regardless of the price, I'm still glad I found them for that price. My son really enjoys playing with his so I could justify giving up a Hamilton.

evenflow
09-08-2001, 08:24 AM
I would have loved to find one at the sale price, but no luck here. :(

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2001, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat:
There's no way I would have paid more than $20 for those AT-ATs. I just cannot justify the original $80+ cost. How can that pile of plastic be worth that amount?
I bought mine the first time I saw one. I paid the $79.99 (it was not $80! :D ) price because that was the one Vintage item I always wanted but never got nor could afford. That was my justification. It's a cool toy, at any price. But I sure would've loved finding it cheaper.

ACPin
09-09-2001, 09:40 AM
I didn't buy any when they were at the original price of $79.99. I did get one for $30 when Spencer's had them on clearance which I gave as a birthday gift for my eldest son. When they had them on clearance, I bought three more and that's where you see the three that had been opened. I kept one boxed for keepsake. Had I known that they would sell so easily, I could have bought more since I actually saw a whole pile of them stacked in the middle of the TRU sales floor (probably about 30). I called my friends at that time and they were all able to get at least a couple each.

TheJedi
09-11-2001, 09:28 PM
My mom got me one when they first came out for full price for Christmas. Then I found 3 or 4 when they were on sale. I was talking to one guy and said he and his friend bought like 20 the day before at the same store. Just to sell them. I wanted to puke on his shoes. At least I found a few though. And I like your diorama. I liked the scale distance one too. Nicely done.

GNT
09-12-2001, 12:41 AM
When these originally came out they were priced at AU$150-$180(around US$90). And I passed on it because of the high price and only saw them that time and havent seen them again! For a $10 a peice your so lucky as I would gladly give that much for one of them!