PDA

View Full Version : Most popular character in AOTC?

SirSteve
04-11-2002, 11:26 PM
I am doing an interview for E! Online and they are wanting to know who the most popular character thus far is for AOTC. I think it's Jango Fett followed by Zam Wesell but I would like to hear from you.

Battle Droid
04-11-2002, 11:33 PM
Battle Droids, Droidekas, & Super Battle Droids for me.

#1 fav of those 3 Super Battle Droid.

Droids ROCK in my opinion!

Beast
04-11-2002, 11:39 PM
Top 5:

Count Dooku - How can you not love Christopher Lee being evil. :evil:
Jar Jar Binks - I love how he's grown and matured. :D
Zam Wesell - A much better female Bounty Hunter then Aurra. :p
Jango Fett - Very cool charecter, alot better then Boba, IMHO. :cool:
Taun We/Lama Su - Love the whole Kamino race, Lama's outfit is cool. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
04-11-2002, 11:56 PM
#1 Count Dooku. the best sith sence Maul
#2 Obi-Wan Kenobi. hes allwasy been my fav
#3 Anakin Skywalker. hes cool
#4 Jango Fett. one Bad MF
#5 Senator Sagit. the Host of the Galaxy's funnyist home videos:D

BanthaPoodoo
04-12-2002, 12:08 AM
My pick would be Yoda.

Just imagining him saber/jedi fighting is something I think will put him over the top.

bigbarada
04-12-2002, 12:27 AM
I would say Jango Fett. I like the idea that he's not just some two-dimensional guy in a mask (like Boba Fett was in the OT). He actually has a history and a face. Most of all though he can carry his own in a fight and not get knocked into a pit by the first blind man he comes across.

Zam Wesel, Dooku and the Clonetroopers has piqued people's interest. So they could be contenders too.

Lord Tenebrous
04-12-2002, 12:38 AM
Obi-Wan Kenobi seems to be very popular this time around, now that he's not just walking behind saying "Yes, Master". Some fans don't like the 'Jedi Mullet', but what counts is the character, and Ewan McGregor is doing a great job.

The underdog is Count Dooku. In 2001, many referred to him as "Ducky" or "Doo Doo" or "Count Arthritis". But in the past months, he's gained immense popularity, and I think he'll last long in the minds of both children and adults.

SithDroid
04-12-2002, 01:48 AM
I'd have to go with Jango Fett and Count Dooku. It is already clear that Jango will be the favorite. Notice how many people are finding the Preview figures and ALL the Jango's are missing. Count Dooku because of his role in EP II. Zam Wessell because people love hardly any screen time Bounty Hunters:D .

jedihunter25
04-12-2002, 01:55 AM
I'll have to go with Jango Fett, Obi-wan, and Anakin.

2-1B
04-12-2002, 03:29 AM
My "favorite" characters from an unreleased film:

Anakin
Dooku
Kenobi
Palpatine
Dexster

Tenebrous, I see it as more of a pseudo-mullet. I know the argument can be made, but I really think it just has to do with how the hair is combed . . . however I am not certain. I'm working on a degree in mulletology. :D

Figurestasher
04-12-2002, 04:59 AM
I think it is Jango Fett. His sneak preview figure is getting bought up. I'm looking forward to seeing Padme Amidala, she's so much hotter in this movie than EP1.

Wolfwood319
04-12-2002, 05:06 AM
I definately think Jango is generally the most popular right now. He's this movie's Maul. Followed by Anakin.

My personaly favorites are Obi-Wan and Mace Windu. That's just me though.

CrossWizard
04-12-2002, 07:52 AM
Jango Fett
Obi Wan Kenobi
Mace Windu

JetsAndHeels
04-12-2002, 08:25 AM
Definately Jango. Not because he is my fav, but just because I think he is the most popular. People love bounty hunters and the Fett name has been very popular with the fans, so Jango definately is the one who will be a fan favorite I think.
Then after him I think it would be Dooku, Zam, and Anakin.

AT-AT Man
04-12-2002, 08:27 AM
Mace all the way baby gotta love the only jedi with a purple saber.

Rollo Tomassi
04-12-2002, 09:18 AM
Dexter Jettster is my personal fave.

But I think Jango, Dooku , and Zam are the buzz-words on the street.

Mention me in the interview Steve! People will come in droves to chat with Rollo at the forums! :D ;)

earl
04-12-2002, 09:40 AM
jango is over exposed!

my favorite characters from AOTC are:

1. Kit Fisto
2. Luminara Unduli
3. Barris Offee
4. Shaak Ti
5. Jedi Master Nikto

Mandalorian Candidat
04-13-2002, 02:52 AM
Number one hands down so far is Jango. I think Dooku and Mace Windu next followed by Padme just because she looks way more adult in this movie. Who knows come movie time. Maybe Jar Jar will be #1, not!

Jedi_Rainman
04-13-2002, 03:30 AM
Padme of course...she's hot and she's well...a hot chick!:D

Hellboy
04-14-2002, 02:26 PM
I'd say Obi-Wan will be the most popular hero because of the whole detective role followed close by Mace Windu

For the villians Jango is gonna be this movies Darth Maul but with more screentime followed by Count Dooku only because he's not really around until the later part of the film

JEDIpartner
04-14-2002, 06:28 PM
My choices would be

1) Obi-Wan... much growth in the character this time around!
2) Jango Fett... just because, as Barada said, he's not a 2D character.
3) Zam Wesell... Mysterious... cool costume.
4. Count Dooku... hey- it's Christopher Lee!

2-1B
04-14-2002, 06:38 PM
SirSteve, when might we see this article? When are they interviewing you? How long of a piece do they plan to do?

Jargo
04-14-2002, 06:39 PM
Yoda the kicassiest bad mofo Jedi Master there ever was!.

Dexter Jettster Mean not lean and wise as the streetiest street wise alien going.

All the others are just fluff. Jango is pathetic just like Boba was in the OT. About as threatening as a wet kipper. and Zam is just the crappiest bounty hunter failure ever ever ever!

Wolfwood319
04-14-2002, 06:50 PM
Jargo, what's a kipper?

I think Jango is the most popular because of his similarities to Boba in the OT, only he's more exposed to the general public. I've seen a lot of AOTC promotion material, and like Maul with E1, Jango is dominant on most of it.

chewie
04-14-2002, 06:53 PM
Count Dooku
Jango Fett
Mace Windu
Padme Amidala (only for that cut-off top)
Yoda

DeadEye
04-14-2002, 07:51 PM
Obi-Wan, Dooku, and Jango.

RooJay
04-14-2002, 10:52 PM
#1 - Count Dooku
#2 - Obi Wan
#3 - Mace Windu
#4 - Jango Fett
#5 - Kit Fisto

Darth Ovori
04-15-2002, 02:39 PM
I go for these 3 in this order...

Jango: cool, everyone has waited years to see that armor in action... will take over Boba as leading cult character...

Mace: The actors popularity...

Anikin: Heres one that I feel will be very popular because of the girls falling to his feet... After his little love chasing with Padme in the movie the women will rant him as the new Leonardo Di *****...
And because he's the guy that shows us that dark rebelious spirit inside of him that we all have... and why he will don the mask of Lord Vader...

Others will probably be Count Dooku cause of Lee's brillant acting... And Padme because her tight outfit in battle... :D

plo koon 200
04-20-2002, 05:10 PM
My fav is Dooku. Then, Yoda followed by Dexter and Anakin.

yaddle yodas love pu
04-20-2002, 08:32 PM
1. Jango
2. Dooku
3. Kit Fisto
4. Mace Windu
5. Yoda
6. Anakin

jobare1
04-20-2002, 09:44 PM
Well, let's see,

1. Palpatine/Sidious - just because of the way his brilliant plans are unfolding.
2. Count Dooku - Christopher Lee.....enough said.
3. Mace Windu
4. tie - Shaak Ti & Luminara Unduli
5. Obi Wan

InsaneJediGirl
04-20-2002, 10:04 PM
Favorties are Jango,Obi,Zam,and Dooku.However,my personal fav.
is Luminara,wise yet deadly:D

JediDan
04-21-2002, 05:54 PM
Jango Fett... No doubt what so ever.

sith_killer_99
04-21-2002, 07:17 PM
I would have to say:

1. Jango Fett
2. Zam Wessel
3. Any Jedi Character (or is it Jeedai)
4. Cloner
5. The Clones themselves (which brings us back to Jango Fett)

Hey, wait a minute...

Natalie Portman, was in "The Professional" with...
Jean Reno, who was in "Mission Impossible" with...
Tom Cruise, who was in "A few Good Men" with KEVIN BACOhhhh forget it...

Omega Fett
04-21-2002, 09:05 PM
hands down best char Jango Fett,i mean come on look at boba fett, what like 5 lines and hes the most popular char just like that lol

Dryanta
04-21-2002, 09:12 PM
Chewie!!(don't be the one that reminds me he isn't in it):mad:
seriously I'd have to go with Jango.People just seem to fall all over the stupid bounty hunters:rolleyes: