PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice how much Capt. Typho resembles Jango Fett and the Clones?

RooJay
04-11-2002, 11:39 PM
I wonder if there is anything to this. What do you guys think?

JEDIpartner
04-12-2002, 01:47 PM
yeah... I noticed too. I'm not going to put too much into it though. I guess we'll find out for sure soon enough!!! The book (along with everything else) is out in a few more days!!

Jargo
04-12-2002, 06:36 PM
Typho looks more like Jango than the clones do. The pic of the clone in the visual dictionary just looks like a lardy porker farmer to me. Not a physically fit specimen capable of intense battle situations. he looks like he couldn't run further than the bathroom let alone into a raging maelstrom of war.
Typho on the other hand seems more than capable of taking care of not only himself but those around him.
And if the clones are ten years old with double the aging process that would make them twenty in physical looks. The clone in the visual dictionary looks a hell of a lot older than that to me. Something doesn't add up.

LTBasker
04-12-2002, 07:09 PM
*looks around for Tycho* He's a clone!!!! :eek: :D

Maybe Panaka's brother is Jango Fett? ;)

jawaboy
04-12-2002, 08:16 PM
They could have cloned him an eye if that were the case.

JediTricks
04-13-2002, 02:44 PM
I bet it's just coincidence, originally Typho was going to be Panaka anyway.

Jargo
04-13-2002, 02:53 PM
Typho is Panaka? He's had regenerative surgery and cosmetic surgery to take him from black to Maori? Gopod grief - he's more vain and pathetic than i thought!!!!! :eek:!

JediTricks
04-13-2002, 03:22 PM
I believe the part that Typho now plays was originally going to be Panaka's part, and they simply rewrote the character to be Panaka's nephew.

The actor who plays Typho isn't Maori, Jay Laga'aia is Samoan, which is similar but not the same. This is probably where the similarity of the looks comes from, since Jango is being played by Maori actor Temuera Morrison.

Jargo
04-13-2002, 03:43 PM
Ooops! Sorry if I offended any Maori or Samoan people with that little confusion....

So which is Bodie 'Tihoi' Taylor then? And Daniel Logan? Where's an antipodean when you need one.... :D

LTBasker
04-13-2002, 08:59 PM
I think Logan is Maori too... not sure though.

JonoFett
04-14-2002, 06:10 PM
Daniel Logan is descended from Maoris.