PDA

View Full Version : TIE Interceptor box error

TheBigSloppy
09-01-2001, 10:22 PM
Welp. It seems that Hasbro must use the same template when they design the packaging. This has the very same error that is on the B-Wing box.

For those who care about errors and variations, the ERROR, or typo, is as follows:
VIST THE OFFICIAL HASBRO WEB SITE http://www.hasbro.com

JediTricks
09-03-2001, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by TheBigSloppy
VIST THE OFFICIAL HASBRO WEB SITE ha! pathetic, they also alternate between "TIE Interceptor" and "TIE interceptor". They've shown the packaging designers working on computers for the layouts, so why can't they use SPELLCHECK?!?

TheBigSloppy
09-03-2001, 12:11 PM
On the box that I have:

The only tIme "INTERCEPTOR" Is upper case Is when It Is used In a text block In whIch all the words are UC. When used In mIxed case, the "i" In "interceptor" Is always lower case.

Not sure if "i" would consider this an error or even an Inconsistency. Seems to me that the desIgners purposely chose to do It thIs way.

But who am "i" to say what's rIght from wrong?

JediTricks
09-04-2001, 09:10 AM
True, that's where they use all uppercase lettering, but it looks like this:

TIE INTERCEPTOR

So they're still clearly changing case in concept if not in font.

TheBigSloppy
09-04-2001, 09:37 AM
We designer types call this particular font treatment "small caps." By default, the FIRST letter is always larger in point size than the rest of the word. Gives more emphasis and has a classier, sophisticated look to it rather than all upper case letters with the same point size.

So in short, they are not necessarily changing the case, but the point size of the case.

Now the font issue is a whole other can o' worms. . .

bigbarada
09-07-2001, 10:58 PM
I think Hasbro is making all these errors on purpose. Why? Simple, to drive package variant collectors' out of their minds!!!:D

GNT
09-08-2001, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
I think Hasbro is making all these errors on purpose. Why? Simple, to drive package variant collectors' out of their minds!!!:D

And to get more $$$$