PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary...

Rollo Tomassi
04-12-2002, 02:31 PM
...to me! I have been hanging out in forums (both new and old) for a whole year! This also happens to be my 2000th post. I remember all the good times we've had here. In the Card section of the old forums. In the Cellblock. Now I bid you all a fond farewell...

Lobito
04-12-2002, 02:35 PM
Congrats on your 2000 post mon ami!!! Where are u going??

SirSteve
04-12-2002, 02:53 PM
Happy anniversary! Congrats! Thanks for your support!

Bel-Cam Jos
04-12-2002, 06:50 PM
Is this an REM threat? Where you're gonna do a concert Dec. 31, 1999 and then retire? Rollo? Come back! Timmy's stuck in a well.

Congrats on the milestone!

Jargo
04-12-2002, 07:02 PM
A fond farewell eh? hmmmmmm......... To the mystery machine guys!!! :D

SithDroid
04-12-2002, 07:26 PM
Rollo is leaving now. Boy for a while EMPEROR JARGO and bigbarada were gone, but they are back now. Hopefully Rollo will decide to return and with the release of the movie he I don't think he will be able to stay away.

2-1B
04-13-2002, 01:05 AM
Didn't Rollo say something awhile ago about "retiring" at 2 grand, and then returning under a different moniker?

Don't quote me on that . . . :confused:

Jargo
04-13-2002, 11:14 AM
Caesar, you're really starting to scare me with your Ricky McC infatuation. it's getting creepy beyond creepy. I think maybe you should talk to someone who can help you to walk away from RM. Perhaps give you a new celebrity to celebrate maybe Angie Dickinson would be less frightening to us forumites..... oh, bad choice.... damn! :crazed:

2-1B
04-13-2002, 11:20 AM
But Jargo, I have 17 total Rick McAvatars, and I just started the rotation. :(

Hmm, another celebrity, eh? How about this one . . . ? :D :D

Pendo
04-13-2002, 12:27 PM
Congrats on 2000 and Happy Anniversary Rollo...:)

PENDO!

JediTricks
04-13-2002, 02:08 PM
Hmm, I wonder if being an Eternal Padawan on the old forums drove him over the edge here, he just couldn't handle not being one after 2000 posts? ;)

Jargo
04-13-2002, 02:26 PM
Nononononononononononononononononononononononono!! !

Go back to the Ricky McC. avatars pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!
It's more than I can stand. I'm going to have to do something about it all right now! :mad:

SithDroid
04-14-2002, 02:48 AM
Yes Ceasar, I love the Natalie Avatar. The Rick Mc's were great though.:D

Beast
04-14-2002, 02:53 AM
Hey Ceaser, I thought you were working on a photoshop of Ricky M's head on her body. That way you really can disturb some people. Not that most of us arn't already. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
04-14-2002, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Hey Ceaser, I thought you were working on a photoshop of Ricky M's head on her body.

When you suggested it, I was being rhetorical in agreeing that I should do it. Frankly, I'm not very talented with computers, but I continue to learn new things at a surprisingly fast rate. :D I'm sure I'd have to mess around with this "PhotoStudio" for quite some time . . .

Originally posted by JediTricks
Hmm, I wonder if being an Eternal Padawan on the old forums drove him over the edge here, he just couldn't handle not being one after 2000 posts?

That makes sense JT, there aren't too many people who've racked up "2 boxes of ziti", as Rollo's one of only 3 that I can recall. Maybe he felt he was getting too far away from his roots, 2000 sure could act as a reminder of that fact. What happens when Eternal Padawan hits 2 grand (and we know he will ;) ) ?

JediTricks
04-14-2002, 09:32 PM
When EP gets 2000 posts, we erase the forums and start over.

:D KIDDING! Only kidding, I know a few folks who would read this and go ape-poopies. We wouldn't erase the forums... only EP's posts. ;)

2-1B
04-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Maybe eternal padawan could be adopted as the pinnacle of the ranking system? So once a poster hits 2000, his or her counter is set to zero and the honor of eternal padawan is bestowed?

:rolleyes:

Beast
04-14-2002, 11:01 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Maybe eternal padawan could be adopted as the pinnacle of the ranking system? So once a poster hits 2000, his or her counter is set to zero and the honor of eternal padawan is bestowed? :rolleyes:
Hey, what About eternal apprentice? No playing favorites with the light side of the forums. We Sith will have our day in the sun as well. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
04-15-2002, 12:05 AM
Eternal Padawan eh? How about being able to choose between the different stages like Eternal Knight, or Master? :happy: Ok maybe not... :D

Eternal Padawan
04-15-2002, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by JediTricks
When EP gets 2000 posts, we erase the forums and start over.

Then my post padding shall begin in earnest!;)

:D KIDDING! Only kidding, I know a few folks who would read this and go ape-poopies. We wouldn't erase the forums... only EP's posts. ;)

Hey!:mad:

If I was AT ALL concerned about post count, I wouldn't be spreading the numbers around, now would I?

originally posted by the JackMarshak;)
Maybe eternal padawan could be adopted as the pinnacle of the ranking system? So once a poster hits 2000, his or her counter is set to zero and the honor of eternal padawan is bestowed?

Once you hit an insanely high number (higher than 2000),your post count gets deleted, you can pick an honorary subtitle, and then just keep that title in lieu of a ranking system. Titles like "Undercover Decepticon", and "Jawa God of Thunder" and "Ruler of the Death Spa II" But they won't tell you what the magic number is (to discourage post padding). They just change it for you when you get there.

Lobito
04-15-2002, 03:41 PM
Farewell RT, wel.com back EP!!:D

Dryanta
04-15-2002, 07:43 PM
What the %$&^ Happened!!
I take off for 6 days and come back Rollo walks,There maybe as many as 35 fig. on the 23rd and ceasar and Jargo have really gone over the deep end with the avatars???
Can't let that happen again.:D
get back here Rollo.

Eternal Padawan
04-16-2002, 12:19 AM
Relax, Dryanta. Rollo's around. ;)

2-1B
04-16-2002, 01:23 AM
Mysteries and ironies abound tonight . . . I just finished adding my new/used DVD of LA Confidential (6.99, glad I waited!) to my DVD profiler, and now I find that a fictional character from that movie, who once roamed these forums has left . . . yet he is still here. Only that fictional character has taken a new fictional name . . . :confused:

:D

SithDroid
04-16-2002, 02:38 PM
The game is afoot Watson. Using simple deduction Rollo's new user name is........

Bel-Cam Jos
04-25-2002, 11:51 AM
We interrupt this spoiler to bring you important breaking news:

"Moderator Bel-Cam Jos has reached the plateau of 1000 posts. There will be little rejoicing, since it's no big deal anymore. That is all."

We return you to your regularly-scheduled identity revelation...

Jargo
04-26-2002, 09:13 AM
I prefer to use the title 'Galaxial despot' it has a nice phonetic ooze. Just say it out loud a few times with gusto and with a salacious twist and you'll understand perfectly.

Congrats BCJ

revelations - I was accused of revelling recently. Something i can't say I've ever had levelled at me before. I don't actually know how to revel. maybe it could be the latest dance craze for you crazy young hip kids. Something like a frug I feel. Nothing like a good frug with a consenting partner....... :happy:

Eternal Padawan
04-27-2002, 07:21 AM
When I hear revel, I think pig rolling around in mud as a metaphorical imagery. Just overindulging in some questionable activity for personal gratification without contemplating the consequences.

The American Heritage Dictionary sitting here on my desk (What? You don't have a dictionary on your desk? For shame...) says
1. To take great pleasure or delight 2. To engage in uproarious festivities; make merry 3. to carouse

Was that what you were doing Jargo?

"Frug" is not in my dictionary ;) (but frugivorous is. It means "feeding on fruit, fruit eating")

SithDroid
05-01-2002, 05:22 PM
Well this officially marks my 1,000th post. Im's glad to be in the club fellas.

By the way, Rollo please come back or reveal what your new name is. We all miss you.

Jargo
05-03-2002, 03:44 PM
:crazed: :stupid: :rolleyes: :D WOOOOOHOOOOOOOO!!!!!

My 2,000th post!!!!! can't believe I talk/debate/argue/fight so much. just wanted to commemorate this landmark event and to show how my self indulgence has overtaken all sense or reason I adopt my new Orn Free Taa avatar for one week solid.

Today I am in a good mood. Be grateful my friends be very grateful. :happy:

JetsAndHeels
05-03-2002, 04:07 PM
Congrats, Jargo. We ARE grateful for your good mood.

Jargo
05-04-2002, 06:38 PM
I changed my mind on the avatar thing. I have too many to sit with the same one for a whole week. So to begin, here's Chewbacca in Snoova disguise. Tomorrows avatar isn't decided yet but I have a feeling it may something new again.

DeadEye
05-04-2002, 07:15 PM
Well,...I'm close to 400 posts...:rolleyes:

2-1B
05-05-2002, 03:11 AM
Jargo, I like the Snoova avatar . . . Chewy in a buzzcut. :)

Let me know if I can be of assistance in loaning you a Natalie Portman avatar :D

Or here's an idea, could you make a Star Park Rick McCallum? That would be funny scary. :crazed:

Beast
05-05-2002, 03:19 AM
I like the Snoova Avatar also, very cool. :)

Hey Caesar, I see your back to your smiley faces avatar again, I may have one that you might like. If you're intrested I could send it to you, or attach it to a post sometime. Lemme know. :D

Actually, I just checked and it's to big and doesn't shrink down well. Sorry man, thought you would have liked it. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
05-05-2002, 07:13 AM
A Ricky McC avatar in a Star Park styleeeeeeee! Hmmmm, that's an interesting proposition. I have a Chewbacca to do for Dryanta so it might be a while but I'll add Ricky McC to my list of 'to do' ones. Currently I think I've got about 387 done. Some take a while to get right. Even the ones I gave SSG have been tweaked and changed. They live, they evolve. I was just thinking how some of them don't really look Star Park anymore and look more Simpsons-ish. Which means I have to go back and alter them. I'm planning on turning my webspace over to the avatars exclusively. Now that I've started in on the EU I'm going to be doing them forever! Good fun though.

suggestions are always welcome, it adds to the challenge. :happy:

187-Maul
05-05-2002, 08:40 AM
man that snoove disguise avator really looks cool
he actually is also one of my favorite figs when I think of him - althought his height is totally wrong, in my diorama it's just a smaller wookie:D
I too almost have 400 posts

DeadEye
05-05-2002, 09:25 AM
Jargo, why do you change your avatar 6 times a day? :confused:

Pendo
05-05-2002, 12:35 PM
LOVE the Snoova disguise JARGO :). Where do you get all of your avatars from, I can never find any good ones on the net.

I too am close-ish to the 400 mark but still got a bit to go. Hopefully I'll be there by May 16th.

PENDO!

Jargo
05-05-2002, 09:51 PM
Okaaaaaaaaaay, so the race is on again. Guys I was only marking the occasion of my 2,000th post not because I've been trying to get there but simply because I found myself at that specific point at that specific time.

Anyways, PENDO, I make the avatars myself. DeadEye, I change 'em cuz I get bored and cuz I can. I'm not the sort of person to be happy being pidgeon holed or sticking to anything remotely like routine, I like to subtley change my identity at whim. So I change my avatar to suit my mood on any given day.

Here's the tale about how I started with the whole Star Park avatar thing, I found a site on the net called ICON ICEHOUSE (now defunct) that had around 30 of the things (as icons obviously) and downloaded them to use as system icons. Then I discovered that they were .gif format and couldn't be used that way. I then noticed that some of them were a bit skewed and tidied them up, I realised how easy it was to make them and began with one or two. I then discovered that they were inspired by the work of a guy called Keith Lawler who has a STAR PARK section over at http://jedinet.com/ I then decided on my quest to make every notable character from the saga and any that I thought would be interesting. Then I started to do variants like the different shoulder pauldron colours of the sandtrooper and the diffrerent battle droid colours etc. Some are straightforward and easy and others take a while to get right like Ree Yees who gave me sleepless nights trying to design with so few pixels available to use in a box roughly 50 pixels square. Once I've drawn the design on paper I then scan it into my PC and reduce it before painting over the top in JASC animation shop.
Having done a rough paint job I slice the image in half and choose the better half then mirror it so I have two perfect sides and then I tweak until the avatar looks recognisable as the intended character.
Sometimes I get an idea for a new avatar from an existing one. The shape of a head might lead me to begin a new alien or beast or the helmet of one might lead me into a new Padme etc.
I just do them to pass the time of day. Also, because these are my own creations I'm not violating any copyright issues like all of you guys using official LFL pictures as your avatars. :D
Like I say, I'll have a go at any character. Providing there's good reference shots available to use or an action figure to use as reference. Using the action figures is better because the job is half done anyway. Photos are too messy and confusing with all the lighting and extraneous fluff that movie stills have.
The next big one I'm doing is the Sando aqua monster. Dryantas Chewbacca is half done and I'm looking for a decent pic of Ricky McC to start one for Caesar even though I know he was joking about wanting one I might do Ricky from the scene in TPM where he mugged to camera like a rank amateur. That big floppy hat made him look so stoopid I think I have to go that route. :) Other than that I may go back and redo some early ones with a bit more clarity or make then slightly bigger. I always put in more detail than I need and have to strip it all away again but that's okay, with each new avatar I'm pushing myself forward and learning a skill, teaching myself to use this big calculator in a totally new way. Maybe if I get good enough I'll go on a graphic design course and take a new road through life. maybe I won't. Life is so much better with uncertainty. Knowing the shape of things to come is such a dull proposition. Seize the day and then live for it, that's what I say. :happy:

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 12:54 AM
GAH! Why didn't someone warn me I had over 3000 posts? That's insane, someone needs to stop me before I post again! :crazed: :D

SithDroid
05-06-2002, 01:42 AM
You are the post champion JediTricks! No one can ever catch you. Unless GNT comes back with his post padding.:rolleyes:

LTBasker
05-06-2002, 03:26 AM
Hey Jargo, you should make cloaked versions of Obi, Qui, Maul, that look like Kenny. :D Obi would need his Jedi braid sticking out somehow, Qui would have no braid, and Maul would have the red and black on his face showing.

Jargo
05-06-2002, 09:23 AM
Duly noted Lieutenent. Although the hoods are actually quite tricky to do for some reason. But I'll have a go. :)

JediTricks
05-06-2002, 09:55 PM
SD:

;)

----

Jargo, you know the Jawa-head icon? Everybody thought that was a Jedi hood, so maybe you should just "borrow" that.

Jargo
05-07-2002, 08:08 AM
yeah, I could. but then the jawa would look like a Jedi and I'd have no jawa. I agree that it would be funny I just don't want to lose any characters. I've done both Obi and Qui-Gon with hoods and they look okay but the bloody software is getting a mind of its own and keeps reverting to a save option of just seven colours instead of 255 so all the saved files end up merging into a big mush of flat colour. I got a really nice shadow from the hood falling on the faces and then the save merged everything and it all went horribly wrong...... Gonna try again today after the PC repair man fixes mt screw up with the sound card :eek: I was tweaking settings and messed it all up. A little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Everybody though it was a jedi hood? who's everybody? have you all been Talking about me and laughing at me behind my back? You're all out to get me aren't you? I'm onto you and you're jedi mind tricks, I'll smite you while you nap. I am the Emperor and no-one laughs at me! :crazed:

Seriously though, Are there any others that cause confusion or you can't quite tell what they're supposed to be. Kinda hard for me to be objective about them since I know what I intended so they all look right to me. Constructive criticism is welcome. just bear in mind that there's only so much I can do with just a few pixels. Sometimes I have to compromise the South Park style a little to get them to look anything at all like the movie characters.

bigbarada
05-07-2002, 12:46 PM
What the hell is your new avatar supposed to be, Jargo?

Jargo
05-07-2002, 01:54 PM
Behold the awesome terror of the Death Spa!!!!! :crazed: I have immortalised the final climactic light skirmish that saw the end of the Tauntaunwampagungan creature and the untimely demise of my seat of ultimate power. This battle took place in other space in the old forums and alerted me to the true evil that is SirSteve's edit button. Twas a sad day for all concerned - may they rest in peices........ :(

2-1B
05-07-2002, 02:13 PM
Jargo, I love the new avatar! It's a nice show of support for the Fan's Choice Imperial Dignitary. :)

Perhaps you could do one of the vintage Dignitary and load them together so that everyone can see they are not the same characters. :crazed:

Jargo
05-07-2002, 07:08 PM
There ya go Caesar, as requested both dignitaries together. The vintage one was the wrong colour and mine is based on the movie costume not the figure. but it still shows them as distinctly different characters. :) I want both making in a 2-pack. Can't have one without the other and the vintage one is just poopy IMO. A new detailed one with legs under a robe and then the fat friend that's in the fan choice poll too. Just as long as wedon't get the one with the pale blue robe and the pudding hat. EEEUW!

Beast
05-07-2002, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by EMPEROR JARGO
There ya go Caesar, as requested both dignitaries together. The vintage one was the wrong colour and mine is based on the movie costume not the figure. but it still shows them as distinctly different characters. :) I want both making in a 2-pack. Can't have one without the other and the vintage one is just poopy IMO. A new detailed one with legs under a robe and then the fat friend that's in the fan choice poll too. Just as long as wedon't get the one with the pale blue robe and the pudding hat. EEEUW!
Agreed Jargo, it really should be a 2-pack of the two main dignitaries. We need more bad guys, it's tough when there isn't all that many unique OT Imperials. Oh, and which one is the one you don't want? Jonathen Winters in Teletubbie Disguise? :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
05-07-2002, 07:44 PM
That's the one. I just don't like pale blue. The hat reminds me of a character from a Bruegel(sp?) painting. His paintings were full of weird looking characters with hats like that and I think they were called pudding hats or something very similar. But yeah, leave him out. The blue will clash terribly with the red robes of the royal guards....

2-1B
05-07-2002, 07:47 PM
Wonderful Dignitaries avatar Jargo ! ! ! :D :D :D
I didn't even know if you could do it, I knew the single avatars were not as big as 75x75 but I didn't think there would be room for you to combine them.
Awesome!

There's a great picture (in the Sansweet action figure archive)
of the Emperor's dignified crew just layin' around . . . how can anybody say they are boring? :rolleyes:

Beast
05-07-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
There's a great picture (in the Sansweet action figure archive) of the Emperor's dignified crew just layin' around . . . how can anybody say they are boring? :rolleyes:
You mean, this one? :evil: :D

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=42649

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
05-07-2002, 09:23 PM
Yep! How could we not want all five of those hip cats? :D

Jargo, I see that your dignitaries now flank the Emperor - I love it!

JediTricks
05-08-2002, 03:47 AM
yeah, I could. but then the jawa would look like a Jedi and I'd have no jawa.
Sometimes ya gotta make sacrifices. :D

but the bloody software is getting a mind of its own and keeps reverting to a save option of just seven colours instead of 255 so all the saved files end up merging into a big mush of flat colour.
I've seen this before in Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro, IIRC, it was a change I hadn't noticed in the MODE conversion from RGB to Index in photoshop and some sort of "custom colors" setting in PSP. That was a frustrating few days until I finally found it.

Jargo
05-08-2002, 05:52 AM
I've played around with this setting and that setting and reset the to factory settings. Sometimes it stays set and sometimes it just reverts back to this 7 colour thing. V annoying after hours of work to have it all go brown or whatever the most basic colour is. I guess i should go to their website and ask the question in their forums but they tend to be very techy over there and a bit sniffy about novices. I just had a nightmare with it as I was trying to do the colour variant clonetroopers and the outline which is blue was just bleeding into whatever I painted colourwise every time I saved. Had to change the settings about seven times before they stuck. Oh well, such is life. I'm sure I'll get it sorted at some point and at leat it stops me getting complacent. I've learned to make several copies before saving so that I can at least get one saved right eventually. Just takes a bit longer than I hoped it would :)

Glad you like the avatar Caesar. I've started doing more combos of well known partnerships in SW. Pity it's just 75 pixels we get though. I can't get all the ESB bounty hunters into one frame. had to split them up. I'll see if i can find a way to reduce the size of the heads without losing detail. this is great fun to do. I highly reccomend wasting time drawing avatars. Brilliant stress relief. :D

JediTricks
05-09-2002, 08:21 PM
Jargo, this is why I always save my work as PSDs before I transform them to GIFs. Check the "GIF Export" settings, I once had that affect something I was doing similar to this (though not nearly as severe as the tragedy you're describing).

Jargo
05-09-2002, 08:50 PM
Ahhhhhh, PSD. That'd be photoshop talk then would it? I'm using Paint Shop Pro 7 and Animation Shop 3 that comes with it. I've heard you say that you don't like PSP before now and I can understand why but I prefer the clunky way it's set out that allows me to customise as I go. Had an office version of Photoshop deluxe a while back and hated it because it was so basic and the workspace was tiny. All the buttons were huge and the settings were all pre ordained with no customisability. I guess the full programme would be better but it kinda put me off as did the price compared to PSP which I got a deal on. I guess PSP makes things more difficult but it's teaching me tons about computer graphics and how to manipulate the humble pixel. As you've used both JT, how do both programmes differ?

UPDATE: Just had a wander through PSP while I typed this and found the PSD save option but there's no real explanation just the option to save as. So what exactly is a PSD file? Why's it better to save as one first?

JediTricks
05-09-2002, 09:25 PM
I have PSP 5 and Animator Shop 1 (one of the best programs) and PSDs are my favorite formate because they're the main format of Photoshop and don't have any compression issues - images stay clean and clear and layers stay separate, yet Animator Shop can use them in 2 different ways (merge layers together or keep layers as individual frames).

The last time I had this problem with those programs, it was in Animator Shop, the Optimization wizard had a customized color palette that was too small for the 256 color image I was working with. It was EXACTLY like you described.

IMO, Photoshop is the superior program because its systems are much more user-friendly and intuitive. On PSP, menus and options are very rudamentary and frustrating.

Jargo
05-09-2002, 09:44 PM
The only thing I liked about Photoshop was the selection tool which was much more intelligent at picking up on the part of the image you actually were aiming for. PSP seems to want to select just about everything there is to select which can be time consuming and fiddly. But for being able to make changes in teeny tiny increments PSP is much better IMO. It's horses for courses really but I'll have a play with PSD's and see what I make of the format. thanks. :)

2-1B
08-02-2002, 04:19 AM
Judging by all the
tags I see under so many avatars, I'd say SSG is coming up on a one year anniversary of its own !

Thankx and Congratz Steve ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
:happy:

Beast
08-02-2002, 10:41 AM
Yep Caesar, the one year anniversary is August 15th/August 16th. I believe it was late at night on the 15th that the new forums went live. That's why most people registered on the 16th. Congrats to Sir Steve for one of the very best Star Wars forums on the net. Let's hope the new year is just as good as the last. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lobito
08-02-2002, 03:35 PM
Its only been a year since the new forums but...seems like its been ages!! Congrats to you all...:D

JediTricks
08-02-2002, 07:16 PM
Wow, and I'm still calling them "the new forums". :D

If you all have any suggestions for something fun for the 1st anniversary of the SSG forums, make a thread in Comments/Suggestions about it. :)

Eternal Padawan
08-03-2002, 09:43 AM
So I've been on the "NEW" Forums longer than I was on the old ones...

Congratulations!

Happy Birthday forums!

Does anyone remember when ;) came on line? THAT'LL be something to celebrate! :D

Edit: November 9th, 2001 was the magical date....

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-15-2002, 12:53 AM
Wishing Happy Anniversary to SirSteve's forums on the official one year anniversary of the birth of these new forums.

I eagerly look forward to coming on to these forums at night, to forget about the hustle and bustle of my life.

Hope for many more to come. :cool:

TylerD
08-15-2002, 01:47 AM
When is the big anniversary for the "Great Forum Glitch?" Isn't this December the 3rd Anniversary or something? Or is it the fourth?

JediTricks
08-15-2002, 04:09 AM
Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
Wishing Happy Anniversary to SirSteve's forums on the official one year anniversary of the birth of these new forums.

I eagerly look forward to coming on to these forums at night, to forget about the hustle and bustle of my life.

Hope for many more to come. :cool: Actually, I believe 8-14-01 was the date I signed up but the forums didn't go live till a day later, 8-15-01.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY

(ugh, what an eyesore! ;))

TeeEye7
08-15-2002, 07:44 AM
I brought the confetti..":'.:'..::''..'.'.'::'.'.'..''.."""....'''.'""::::'..

Who brought the party hats?

Jargo
08-15-2002, 02:16 PM
I brought the orange juice.

Eternal Padawan
08-15-2002, 03:08 PM
WHOOHOO!

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.

:Pirate: Arrgh.

scruffziller
08-15-2002, 03:25 PM
We should be seeing the new beggining when Sir Steve gets the new system up. PRAISE BE TO THE POP UP ADD COURTESY OF THAT FUNFILLED TOY COMPANY IN WHICH I MADE MY OWN SW SHIPS AND TRANSFORMERS OUT OF BACK IN '83!!!!!!!!!!!
LEGO!!!

El Chuxter
03-09-2011, 04:31 PM
GAH! Why didn't someone warn me I had over 3000 posts? That's insane, someone needs to stop me before I post again! :crazed: :D
Don't look now, but you've got more than ten times that now!! :eek:

Bel-Cam Jos
03-09-2011, 07:12 PM
Don't look now, but you've got more than ten times that now!! :eek:And think about when we will be able to say that based on his CURRENT post total! :eek: :wecouldalmostbuy10shipsforthat:

sith_killer_99
03-09-2011, 09:24 PM
And think about when we will be able to say that based on his CURRENT post total! :eek: :wecouldalmostbuy10shipsforthat:

At his current rate, that would be about 85-90 years from now.

32,000+ posts is nothing, a drop in the bucket, I would have twice that many if they counted posts from the Pit. lol